-
Deputy Speaker
-
-

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 15 Update 270 December 2020

lr10R7t.png

Greetings All,

The holiday slump continues with the lost of 8 Wa Nations. The Security Council and the Delegate have maintained an endorsement rate above 90%.

The 6th Annual WADP awards have been released today. Please take a moment to review and upvote. For 6 years, this program has helped the region grow and maintain its lead in game.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1482527
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1482529

We have also launched the 2020 WADP Survey. Each year, we request feedback from the region on how to improve the WADP. Your responses have helped us move the program forward and keep the region growing. You can take the survey here : https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/pages/wadpsurvey2020/

Signed
~Dreadton

Dreadton

PC Load Letter
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 16 Update 3 January 2021

PpSiWVM.png

Greetings All,

From my count, there will be 1 more update before the next Vice Delegate takes office.

This week's numbers show all members of the Security Council, along with the Vice Delegate and Delegate have received at least 62% of all possible endorsements, along with sending out at least 90% of all possible endorsements. The Keepers of the North numbers are continuing to rise and we will likely see that number reach its pre-Eras level.

We currently have the WADP Survey going on. If you have not done so, please take some time to fill it out. Filling it out gives us a chance to improve the program and keep our region growing. All responses are confidential, and at the end of the survey, a summary of the responses (minus any identifying information) will be released.

You can fill it out here :

Signed
~Dreadton

Dreadton

PC Load Letter
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 17 Update 310 January 2021

0Xid3fF.png

Greetings All,

Its Final update time,

We have started to gain back World Assembly Nations and continue to add back our lost Keepers. I have been regularly sending out WA Alerts to nations not endorsing Members of the Security Council and that seems to have helped, judging but the 28 nation increase for Cretox.

We currently have the WADP Survey going on. If you have not done so, please take some time to fill it out. Filling it out gives us a chance to improve the program and keep our region growing. All responses are confidential, and at the end of the survey a summary of the responses (minus any identifying information) will be released.

You can fill it out here :

Signed
~Dreadton

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-

vd_seal.png

January 2021 Opening Address & Transition Announcement

FR86SvH.png

Just look at all that green! Note: actual endorsement levels for McM and myself right now are higher than those in this snapshot.

I'm honored to be your Vice Delegate for the next 4 months, and to work with Delegate @mcmasterdonia, his cabinet, and the Security Council to the benefit of our region. It's going to be an active term for all of us, so here's an outline where we're at now and what you can expect going forward:
  1. Transition: McM and myself are currently at positions 14 and 13 endorsement-wise, respectively. Given where we're at only a few days in and the rate at which we're gaining endorsements, I can confidently say that this transition will outpace last term's. I've sent out a round of alerts for both of us and heavily promoted McM's alert dispatch. I'll continue to alternate alerts for us throughout the transition, with McM being the priority. Additionally, I set out advertisements to non-WAs and non-keepers. McM has contacted the 89 keepers not endorsing him at the start of the transition, and that number has fallen considerably since. Currently, we're down 53 keepers since McM took office. We'll continue to regain lost keepers as time goes on. Publishing an additional WADP awards volume or employing cards in some other way isn't out of the question, but is unlikely to have a marked impact at the rate we're going.
  2. New Initiatives: The primary projects I have planned are VD/SC forum mentoring, a new TNS article covering the SC, a SC survey, a comprehensive SC handbook, monthly VCs, other events, and citizen endotarting support. These are either currently being planned, or I'm working on prototypes myself. We'll have a fireside chat and SC game night (probably Among Us) later this month. The next edition of TNS will also feature a SC Review article.
  3. Disclosure: First off, huge thanks to @Dreadton and the admin team for establishing a solid process for this. I'm currently looking through old threads, and several potential redaction cases have been brought to my attention. I hope to have another batch of these released soon.
  4. Core Responsibilities: VD citizenship checks aren't going to be an issue, I'm endotarting, I'm maintaining an active RMB presence, blah blah blah. I'll keep up weekly VD reports, and I have a few new pieces of information I'd like to include in them. My first such report will, predictably, be released this Sunday. I'll also be maintaining a prominent voice in the executive, and act on any matters potentially relevant to the region's security that I see there.
  5. WADP Survey: We currently have 73 responses for this survey. I intend to do another round of advertising before publishing results.
My overall goal for this term is to be active, visible, and expand the footprint of both the Vice Delegacy and the Security Council through new projects and community events. I look forward to serving as your Vice Delegate, and can't wait to see what we'll accomplish! If you have any questions or concerns, whether about my performance or the SC in general, feel free to leave a comment or contact me directly.

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-

vd_seal.png

18 January 2021 - Week 1 - Vice Delegate's Update

PsrzRqz.png

Hey, everyone!

For this report, I opted to manually access current endorsements and influence for all nations on the report rather than rely on the daily updates. Numbers are relative to last week's report, not the one I made for my opening address. This should offer a more complete look at how the transition's going thus far. I decided to split up this report by category for easier readability. Without further ado:

The Transition
Things are proceeding as foreseen, with McM and I assuming endorsement positions 13 and 12, respectively. I've been sending out regular telegram and dispatch alerts for both of us, with McM being the priority. Additionally, the Ministry of Home Affairs has released a special telegram list for its staffers aimed at further boosting our endorsement levels. At this point, we're both within 70 endorsements of the ingame delegate. We've also regained the vast majority of our lost keepers, with only 23 to go. WA numbers are holding steady.

Now, onto the more interesting stuff: Tlomz is not actively endotarting at this point, and is losing endorsements. Dreadton is in a similar state, having fallen to position 4. This is nothing to be concerned about, seeing as both Pallaith and Sundred are capable of temporarily holding the ingame delegacy. This won't have any bearing on the final stage of the transition beyond the holder of the ingame seat being better versed in managing their endorsements for a transition.

Citizen Checks
9 checks on 8 people done over the past few days since taking office; all passed. I plan to start sending a "VD mentoring" forum DM the next time I pass someone for the Vice Delegate's check.

2020 WADP Survey
The survey's currently at 84 responses, and I sent out another TG advertising it earlier today. I intend to publish survey results in a few days. Overall, turnout has been quite promising, and people's responses have been a pleasure to read.

Declassification
On the backend, we're going to have a considerably easier time keeping track of what needs to be redacted going forward. Progress on disclosure is moving along, and the SC and admins have been a huge help thus far.

Miscellaneous
I've been striving to maintain an active presence on the RMB and in the executive, and things have been proceeding quite smoothly in that vein. Expect a SC VC and game night later this month, along with the release of the first TNS monthly SC review. My drafts for the SC survey and handbook are at the point where I'm comfortable sharing them with the wider SC. I've also updated the OP of the VD's Desk thread, and archived the SC Public Comment Forum due to redundancy and lack of activity. Overall, the term is starting off without a hitch, and my agenda for the next 4 months should progress as planned. As always, feel free to leave any comments or concerns in this thread.

~~Cretox

Last edited:

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-

vd_seal.png

21 January 2021 - Midweek Transition Update

uzE2BJ7.png

Short midweek update. I wouldn't normally do this, but this transition's moving fast enough that I felt it was warranted. With our controlled endorsement crunch, executive staff unendorsement of Sundred and Pallaith, NPA support when available, and another round of alerts, McM shot up 24 endorsements in 2 days while Tlomz retained the delegacy. McM's now at 992 endorsements and position 7, while I'm in position 10 with 982 endorsements as of this snapshot. McM is getting ever closer to the delegacy, and it should all be over soon.

In an effort to be more accountable and transparent towards the public, I posted a thread in this subforum tracking the progress of the transition over time. While I initially planned to release survey results today (with 98 responses), I was advised to wait another day for responses to hit 100. Hey, it's a nice number. :D

As always, I'm happy to address any questions or concerns people may have about the transition or anything else.

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-

vd_seal.png

26 January 2021 - Week 2 - Vice Delegate's Update

8mSeUQa.png

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night!

Apologies for the belated update this week. As of major update January 22nd, McMasterdonia has assumed the ingame delegate seat. I assumed the ingame #2 position in endorsements the next day. With it only being around 2 weeks since the start of the term, I'd like to give a huge thanks to McM, the SC, and everyone else who helped make this happen. Now it's just a matter of continuing to monitor our endorsement counts and ensure that the gap continues to widen. As a reminder, please do not re-endorse anyone you were told to unendorse until instructed otherwise (it's fine if you already did so). You can read a detailed timeline of the transition in this thread.

In other news, 2020 WADP survey results are out! Thanks to everyone who took the time out of their day to help us improve the program. I'll bring up particularly interesting suggestions to the SC privately. Overall, the results paint a good picture of the WADP, and the feedback given is definitely actionable.

Last edited:

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-

vd_seal.png

31 January 2021 - Week 3 - Vice Delegate's Update

rQh2ipl.png

Hey everyone!

First off, the Ministry of Radio kindly hosted my first Vice Delegate fireside chat earlier today. Big thanks to everyone who listened in and asked questions. If you'd like to listen to a recording, it may be found on the NBS YouTube channel here. The chat consisted of a brief address by me recapping the last ~3 weeks' events, followed by a longer Q&A session. Total length was a little under one hour.

Second, I'm sad to say that January's volume of the WADP awards will be delayed due to a technical issue with the spreadsheet. However, I have personally gifted an epic card to all executive staff members who lost Keeper of the North status due to unendorsing Sundred or Pallaith during the transition as per instructions and indicated interest in being compensated on the Discord. I'll release the awards volume as soon as the issue is resolved. Now, onto the meat of this update:

New SC Applications and Resignation
As many as 3 nations might join the SC in the near future! Rocketdog's appointment is currently being voted on here, with discussion occurring in this thread. I highly encourage voting if you haven't already done so. TlomzKrano was nominated by the Security Council, with discussion occurring here. Dreadton's application is currently being discussed privately by the SC. All 3 are interesting applicants in their own right, and the SC could grow to a total of 13 Councilors soon.

In more somber news, Oracle has recently resigned from the Security Council. It was a pleasure to work alongside him, and we all wish him the best.

VD Forum "Mentoring"
I started sending out the first iteration of the VD mentoring template to residents whose citizenship applications' VD checks I pass. The idea here is to cover opportunities in the region, especially the executive staff, more explicitly and frequently than the Ministry of Home Affairs' current mentoring program does. I'll continue communicating with the Minister of Home Affairs and the SC to ensure that overlap with HA mentoring is minimized and the project is further developed.

TNS SC Review Article
This is basically intended as a monthly article for The North Star summarizing the VD's and SC's undertakings each month. For example, the SC Review article for January will touch on the recent transition, the WADP survey, new SC applicants, etc. I'll be presenting my draft of this to the Minister of Communications shortly.

Endorsements
Oh right, the big pretty picture thing. Every SCer has gained endorsements since last week, despite the region's WA count remaining unchanged. The gap between McMasterdonia and myself has widened to 19 endorsements, and I'm currently 13 above Pallaith in position 3. Many SCers have resumed endotarting, with certain higher-position Councilors holding off on endotarting for now to allow the gap to build further. Maintaining the delegacy and second position should not be an issue for the remainder of the term.

Overall, this has been another successful week, and the WADP sheet issue should only be a minor hitch.

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-
vd_seal.png

7 February 2021 - Week 4 - Vice Delegate's Update

7ZGTXMG.png

Friends (and others), it's that time of the week again!

It's been a week, but January 2021 WADP Awards are finally out! I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This volume actually covers 1 day less than usual: it encompasses January 2nd to January 31st. You can find this awards volume in this dispatch (please upvote!). Congratulations to all who won an award! If there are any lingering issues with this volume, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank you for your patience.

In other news, Tlomz's SC application is still being discussed in this thread, and Dreadton's SC nomination vote has now concluded. Dreadton's nomination was successful, with 10 ayes and 1 abstention, and will be brought before the Regional Assembly shortly. I'm excited to see where these applications go in the future. If you would like to participate in discussion surrounding either application, now's the time to do so.

The first edition of the monthly Security Council Review article should be published by the Ministry of Communications shortly as part of January's edition of The North Star. This will actually be the final edition of TNS; you can read more about recent changes to the publication in this announcement. It will obviously be refined in the future, but I feel that this format could bring additional visibility to the SC. I have also continued messaging new citizenship applicants who pass the Vice Delegate's check (unless they clearly don't need it).

Regarding endorsement counts, our WA population has decreased since last week. Despite this, McMasterdonia's endorsement count continues to rise. Most SCers have restarted endotarting, and I sent out several endorsement alerts in the past week: 2 for Xagill, 1 for Former English Colony (which was responsible for the jump you can see on the chart), and 1 for myself. The delegate gap continues to grow, the vice delegate gap remains stable, and Xagill should be among the rest of the SC in no time.

Yours,

~~Cretox

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-
vd_seal.png

15 February 2021 - Week 5 - Vice Delegate's Update

IIyxBFP.png

Happy Valentine's Day/other holiday/just another day, everyone!

Security Council endorsements are holding steady, and the gap between McMasterdonia and myself continues to grow. I've continued sending out endorsement alerts for Xagill, in addition to one for McM yesterday. The objective at this point is to get McM further ahead of me, and bring Xagill up to par with the rest of the SC. You may have noticed that this weekly update is a day late: this was intentional, so Kranostav would get caught on the chart above.

Speaking of Kranostav (better known as Tlomz), they have just been confirmed by the Regional Assembly to the Security Council! I sent out a telegram to all Keepers not endorsing them (50 in total). While we did lose 30 Keepers since last week, I'm confident that they will regain their Keeper status in short order once they re-endorse Tlomz. I'm certain that Tlomz will make a valuable addition to the SC, and I look forward to continuing to work with him in the future.

On the subject of new SC members, Dreadton was successfully nominated by the Security Council for a seat on it, and their confirmation vote is currently ongoing in the Regional Assembly. You can view the vote in this thread, and I urge all citizens who haven't voted yet to do so. The vote is due to close this Friday. With two new SCers and another poised to join in the near future, the Security Council has begun discussing an update to the Line of Succession. For obvious reasons, we won't move forward with any LoS update until Dreadton's application is resolved.

In the interest of transparency and public discourse, I've created a thread to track official endorsement-related activity by the Vice Delegate. I have also continued starting mentoring conversations with citizenship applicants who pass the Vice Delegate's check. This initiative looks to have good synergy with the Minister of Home Affairs' plan for a revamped HA mentorship program.

Last but certainly not least, there's the matter of SC declassification. At this rate, I hope to have the current nine pages of private threads awaiting declassification ready no later than the end of this week.

Yours,

~~Cretox

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-
vd_seal.png

21 February 2021 - Week 6 - Vice Delegate's Update

InMZQgn.png

Hello, everyone!

Dreadton was successfully confirmed to the Security Council on Friday. He was a pleasure to work alongside last term, and I look forward to continuing to work with him on the SC for the foreseeable future.

The two main items of business over the next week will be updating the Line of Succession and releasing redacted War Room threads. Regarding the former, the Security Council has crafted a proposal for a new Line of Succession, with Regional Assembly discussion on the matter occurring in this thread. With the last change occurring well over a year ago and the SC's composition changing markedly since, an update is long overdue. On the subject of declassification, I have begun moving threads ready for release to this archive, visible to residents. This is the first of eight pages of threads, which I plan to crank out over the week.

Xagill's endorsements continue to rise, and the rest of the SC is holding steady. The gap between McMasterdonia and myself also continues to increase, and we are regaining our lost Keepers from the recent additions to the SC. Endorsement alerts for Xagill are having a very limited effect at this point; it's simply a matter of time and consistent endotarting.

Yours,

~~Cretox

Last edited:

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-
vd_seal.png

28 February 2021 - Week 7 - Vice Delegate's Update

W8KzBm4.png

Happy Sunday!

Despite some fluctuation in the regionwide WA count, both McMasterdonia and Xagill have continued to gain endorsements, and we've regained many of our lost Keepers. Overall, the delegate, VD, and SC are in a very strong position endorsement-wise. Speaking of endorsements, the 81st WADP awards volume is out (covering the month of February). You can find part 1 of the awards volume here, and part 2 here.

Discussion on updating the Line of Succession is still ongoing in this thread. Any feedback or questions about this proposal are welcome. There has been one FOIA request concerning the proposed new LoS, and while we have 2 weeks to act on it, the relevant records will be released considerably sooner in all likelihood.

Regarding declassification, another batch of threads has been released to this subforum, with roughly 40 more close to being ready. Some threads obviously necessitate more review than others, but we're getting through them at a good rate. If you're interested in learning more about the SC of years past, or just want to give yourself a bit of asthma, I encourage taking a look.

This is slightly thinner update than usual for this term, but my main focus right now is declassification. Expect consistent progress on that front.

Yours,

~~Cretox

Last edited: