Vice Delegate's Desk

Dreadton

Deputy Speaker
Deputy Speaker
-

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 15 Update 270 December 2020

Greetings All,

The holiday slump continues with the lost of 8 Wa Nations. The Security Council and the Delegate have maintained an endorsement rate above 90%.

The 6th Annual WADP awards have been released today. Please take a moment to review and upvote. For 6 years, this program has helped the region grow and maintain its lead in game.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1482527
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1482529

We have also launched the 2020 WADP Survey. Each year, we request feedback from the region on how to improve the WADP. Your responses have helped us move the program forward and keep the region growing. You can take the survey here : https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/pages/wadpsurvey2020/

Signed
~Dreadton

Dreadton

Deputy Speaker
Deputy Speaker
-

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 16 Update 3 January 2021

Greetings All,

From my count, there will be 1 more update before the next Vice Delegate takes office.

This week's numbers show all members of the Security Council, along with the Vice Delegate and Delegate have received at least 62% of all possible endorsements, along with sending out at least 90% of all possible endorsements. The Keepers of the North numbers are continuing to rise and we will likely see that number reach its pre-Eras level.

We currently have the WADP Survey going on. If you have not done so, please take some time to fill it out. Filling it out gives us a chance to improve the program and keep our region growing. All responses are confidential, and at the end of the survey, a summary of the responses (minus any identifying information) will be released.

You can fill it out here :

Signed
~Dreadton

Dreadton

Deputy Speaker
Deputy Speaker
-

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 17 Update 310 January 2021

Greetings All,

Its Final update time,

We have started to gain back World Assembly Nations and continue to add back our lost Keepers. I have been regularly sending out WA Alerts to nations not endorsing Members of the Security Council and that seems to have helped, judging but the 28 nation increase for Cretox.

We currently have the WADP Survey going on. If you have not done so, please take some time to fill it out. Filling it out gives us a chance to improve the program and keep our region growing. All responses are confidential, and at the end of the survey a summary of the responses (minus any identifying information) will be released.

You can fill it out here :

Signed
~Dreadton

Cretox State

Tyranny Triumphant
-
-
-
-

January 2021 Opening Address & Transition Announcement

Just look at all that green! Note: actual endorsement levels for McM and myself right now are higher than those in this snapshot.

I'm honored to be your Vice Delegate for the next 4 months, and to work with Delegate @mcmasterdonia, his cabinet, and the Security Council to the benefit of our region. It's going to be an active term for all of us, so here's an outline where we're at now and what you can expect going forward:
  1. Transition: McM and myself are currently at positions 14 and 13 endorsement-wise, respectively. Given where we're at only a few days in and the rate at which we're gaining endorsements, I can confidently say that this transition will outpace last term's. I've sent out a round of alerts for both of us and heavily promoted McM's alert dispatch. I'll continue to alternate alerts for us throughout the transition, with McM being the priority. Additionally, I set out advertisements to non-WAs and non-keepers. McM has contacted the 89 keepers not endorsing him at the start of the transition, and that number has fallen considerably since. Currently, we're down 53 keepers since McM took office. We'll continue to regain lost keepers as time goes on. Publishing an additional WADP awards volume or employing cards in some other way isn't out of the question, but is unlikely to have a marked impact at the rate we're going.
  2. New Initiatives: The primary projects I have planned are VD/SC forum mentoring, a new TNS article covering the SC, a SC survey, a comprehensive SC handbook, monthly VCs, other events, and citizen endotarting support. These are either currently being planned, or I'm working on prototypes myself. We'll have a fireside chat and SC game night (probably Among Us) later this month. The next edition of TNS will also feature a SC Review article.
  3. Disclosure: First off, huge thanks to @Dreadton and the admin team for establishing a solid process for this. I'm currently looking through old threads, and several potential redaction cases have been brought to my attention. I hope to have another batch of these released soon.
  4. Core Responsibilities: VD citizenship checks aren't going to be an issue, I'm endotarting, I'm maintaining an active RMB presence, blah blah blah. I'll keep up weekly VD reports, and I have a few new pieces of information I'd like to include in them. My first such report will, predictably, be released this Sunday. I'll also be maintaining a prominent voice in the executive, and act on any matters potentially relevant to the region's security that I see there.
  5. WADP Survey: We currently have 73 responses for this survey. I intend to do another round of advertising before publishing results.
My overall goal for this term is to be active, visible, and expand the footprint of both the Vice Delegacy and the Security Council through new projects and community events. I look forward to serving as your Vice Delegate, and can't wait to see what we'll accomplish! If you have any questions or concerns, whether about my performance or the SC in general, feel free to leave a comment or contact me directly.