TlomzKrano's Security Council Application

Cretox

Somehow, Palpatine has returned
TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
The Security Council has nominated @TlomzKrano for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for the nomination, with 7 ayes, 1 nay, 2 abstains, and all members voting, can be found here.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion. The Security Council has prepared a statement in support of the nomination:

A longstanding member of the region and career public servant, TlomzKrano has held a plethora of government positions during his time in The North Pacific, up to and including World Assembly Delegate. Tlomz has consistently demonstrated competence and trustworthiness over his history in the region, with the activity to be expected of any promising applicant to the Security Council. We believe that Tlomz would make a fine addition to this body, and support his application.

Question to the SCers who did not vote Yes: Are there any particular reason why you voted as such?

Also to the applicant: In your opinion, what additional things do you bring to the table? It may be something that (you believe) is currently lacking in the SC, or something you believe that your expertise/knowledge of can strengthen the SC as a whole.

Last edited:
I thank the Vice Delegate and the Security Council for providing the Regional Assembly with a statement of support for their nomination. As Fregerson exhibited above, the floor is open for questioning of the nomineee and discussion on their application. Once moved, the motion that I will be putting to vote for this application is as follows:

The Regional Assembly confirms the nomination of TlomzKrano to the Security Council.

Amendments to this nomination may be suggested (If you’d prefer it say “Kranostav,” for example.)

EDIT: The nominee has specified that they'd like the motion to specify them as "TlomzKrano"

Last edited:
Hi! Here to answer any questions you may have. Make sure to @ me with your question so it hits my notifications!

Also I'd prefer it to be kept as "TlomzKrano" given its my official TNP forum name and has both my discord and nation name combined.

Last edited:
Hi! Here to answer any questions you may have. Make sure to @ me with your question so it hits my notifications!
Also to the applicant: In your opinion, what additional things do you bring to the table? It may be something that (you believe) is currently lacking in the SC, or something you believe that your expertise/knowledge of can strengthen the SC as a whole.

Ah I totally read over that!

I believe that I bring new experience to the table in the form of my decorated WA history, my long-time FA history (much of it involving WA items), and my most recent work on disclosures. I have been generally involved in all of the external side ministries (WA, FA, Def) for near my entire TNP career and I believe those give me very valuable experience in joining the staff. Currently I am working to also bolster my NPA skill-set further from a triggering and support side (Sorry to Nim that I wont be able to jump :P)

While I don't see that necessarily lacking, I do believe my current relationships with our external ministries and GP will be useful for the Security Council going forward.

Last edited:
Why do you want to subject yourself to SC membership?
I'm curious to your word choice implying that it might not be a pleasant experience. If that is the case then my short answer would be "well there's only one way to find out". :P

However in all seriousness, I see serving on the security council as the continuance of my public service career. For practically my entire career in tnp I have been involved in ministries and the government in some fashion, whether it be a deputy Minister for world Assembly affairs or the Delegate. This is as a logical step to continue my public service at the highest level with my new gained experience and perspective given to me during my delegacy.

@TlomzKrano, do you believe the Security Council has any weaknesses? And if so, how would you think they should be addressed?
I don't really believe weaknesses is the correct word. As I would argue there currently isn't any.

I would provide items such as increased activity in the WA and GP spheres as well as increased local activity. The Security Council is fairly active in all of the TNP spheres that exist however I feel having extra members who actively engage with GP and on the NS forums for WA (and aforementioned GP) can be an important addition.

What do you think of the allegation that "The SC does not engage the people on the RMB more frequently"?
Im not sure if allegation is the right word here, however I don't see why the SC couldn't be more active on the RMB.

In my experience in government, interaction with the RMB community can be rather difficult given how they tend to keep to themselves. Furthermore, the chat (being the largest in NS) tends to move quite quickly, thus making casual conversations difficult to hold if you are multi-tasking. I would be happy to do AMA's or the newly popularized "fireside chats" if that were desired.

Before the motion begins, I'll ask this one question, what would you change up in the Security Council with your addition?
Well coming in as a new Security Councilor, I would not be able to decide to change anything. That would be group decision that would involve the Vice Delegate. I can bring my experience to the table and my own abilities as something I can do in my own personal capacity, however I cannot really promise something that cannot realistically occur.

I don't really believe weaknesses is the correct word. As I would argue there currently isn't any.

I would provide items such as increased activity in the WA and GP spheres as well as increased local activity. The Security Council is fairly active in all of the TNP spheres that exist however I feel having extra members who actively engage with GP and on the NS forums for WA (and aforementioned GP) can be an important addition.
Can you elaborate on which spheres of TNP that the SC is presently active in and which members provide that activity?

Can you elaborate on which spheres of TNP that the SC is presently active in and which members provide that activity?
Well let's start with what spheres I believe exist. Roleplay is in of itself it's own sphere with a community that largest exists by itself. Within government you have the external and domestic spheres and their respective ministries. While they work cohesively as one body, players very often find their own niche in one of both of the areas. Regardless of the many different ways you could cut these spheres for all sorts of different reasoning, this is the way I had in mind when making that comment.

As for specific SCers, I am rather reluctant to speak for their own activity, however to give a few examples:
Cretox and Ghost have (or are building) an extensive history being involved in FA and WA.

Lore and Sil being major contributors in the RP community

El Fiji and Marcus having major history building and being involved in domestic affairs

If one wanted to argue that the RMB was it's own sphere, Nessie has been the defacto measuring stick for Lead GAs.

Do you endorse the coup efforts?
Uhm no?

Last edited:
I would like to point out that this question still unanswered, so I am pinging @Lord Lore in case they missed it.
I just believe that he has showed some lack of character and poor decision making. Along with that my own interactions with him does not leave me with a sense of trust. Personally I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him but at the same time I bet he would say something similar would the roles be reversed.

Back