Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretox

Somehow, Palpatine has returned
TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
This thing on? Okay, great. You might be asking yourself why I chose this particular slogan. It's simple: people apparently look more assertive when they stand on heavy objects. So that's what this reelection campaign is about: standing on things.

Why should I be the one to stand on things?

I'll introduce myself first. I'm Cretox State, also known as Cretox. I joined TNP last May, and have since served in numerous government positions. I've been a Deputy Speaker, Deputy Minister in several Ministries, Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Election Commissioner, Senior World Assembly Consultant, Security Councillor, and Vice Delegate. I've also written 15 WA resolutions and (less importantly) 4 NationStates issues. I currently serve as Election Commissioner, Senior WA Consultant, Security Councillor, and most relevantly Vice Delegate. I've served the region diligently as Vice Delegate for the past few months, and hope that the citizens of this region will allow me to continue serving as VD for another term.

Over the last term, I've worked to deliver the best performance as Vice Delegate that I could. I didn't limit myself to simply doing what was expected of me (such as efficiently processing citizenship applications, effectively running the World Assembly Development Program, maintaining solid Security Council endorsements across the board, etc.). I worked to actively expand what the office of Vice Delegate is capable of, and how it contributes to the wider region. Despite neither myself nor Delegate McMasterdonia being incumbents, I oversaw one of the fastest transitions in recent memory and actively supported the Security Council with endorsement alerts and World Assembly and Keeper advertisements- the latter two of which in particular were historically done quite infrequently. I introduced a new mentoring program overseen by the Vice Delegate, designed to introduce citizenship applicants to the concept of the Security Council and inform them of specific opportunities available to them in the region, based on information gleaned during the Vice Delegate's citizenship check. I also worked with Minister of Communications BMWSurfer to introduce a new Communications article, the monthly SC Review. While this article format was not replicated with the move to Polaris and the change in Ministry leadership, it is nevertheless a flexible format that serves a distinct purpose.

I have also efficiently handled all ongoing projects and loose ends from last term. I ensured that the 2020 WADP survey was heavily advertised and that its results were released and publicly broken down with commentary. I also tackled the matter of declassification, with over 245 private SC threads redacted and released to date, and more on the way. I also wrote a guide to declassification. The only FOI request we had this term was handled efficiently and comprehensively. I have handled every SC application and other vote, and successfully both proposed and chaired a Line of Succession update and cleanup of the Standing Nominations. I also promised to maintain an active presence in the wider executive government, and have done just that.

You may have noticed that every item described above is hyperlinked. During the last term, I sought to provide the public with transparency and accountability from the Vice Delegate. This entailed new recordkeeping initiatives as well as more informal updates, primarily through the Discord, on subjects such as the SC's ongoing declassification work.

Overall, I'd say that this term was a successful one, and I hope to continue this work in the future. I have quite a few objectives for this next term, some minor and some ambitious. I hope that I've laid them all out decently enough below.

Big things to stand on - Core Responsibilities and Improvement Areas

While the core functions of the office have been up to par last term, there's always room for improvement. This improvement falls into two areas: expansion and standardization.

Citizenship Checks
Obviously, I'll continue to process these checks to the best of my ability. I've done it for one term and I can do it for another. Anything more to say here is best put under the mentoring section of this platform.

The Transition
This'll be of immediate importance, given that Delegate McMasterdonia is not running for re-election. As of writing, no candidate has SC-levels of endorsements, but they're workable nonetheless. Given the speed of last term's transition, I expect this one to be similarly painless, especially since I'm already in the 2nd ingame position and familiar with the tools at my disposal. The ready endotarting event can also be deployed to boost the transition, and should prove effective in speeding it along if the SC decides it's better to delay it until after the election (likely).

Updates and Reports
This is an area I experimented heavily in during this term: I introduced several new recordkeeping initiatives and wasn't afraid to modify the contents or timing of the office's general reports. Now, it's time to standardize them. I plan to stick to a scheme of flexible specific reports on individual projects (such as declassification and the WADP) with weekly general reports covering each area in broad terms, with links to the more specific reports. These weekly updates will follow a similar format to what I've been using, but will include an additional graph outlining the region's endorsements overall for the past week. The end of each month will feature a bulkier report covering that month in greater scope. I will also post a brief SC endorsement update in the middle of each week, to break up the aggregate nature of weekly endorsement reports and provide more continuous updating. I will also update our internal guides and procedures with a guide on formatting and writing the reports under the purview of the VD.

Vice Delegate Mentoring
This is an initiative that has proven quite valuable this term, and I am looking to expand and standardize it next term. I'll make a public forum post outlining the program, and will include a way for interested TNPers to apply to join it. I will also standardize the program internally, specifically by creating a concrete procedure for it. My eventual goal is to expand this program into something that interested SCers and others can participate in on a rotating weekly schedule, similar to what the Speaker's Office uses. This would have the side effect of making the SC seem more accessible and giving members of the region a straightforward way to work directly with the SC.

Internal Procedures and Templates
Additional internal procedures and templates, along with reviewing the existing ones for any areas in need of revision, could prove highly beneficial to both the VD and the SC as a whole. This includes templates covering a wider variety of areas, such as voting and discussion threads. The internal guides and procedures can also be expanded to encompass projects that were only introduced this last term.

Endorsements
I can clearly endotart. I'll maintain my own and the SC's high endorsement counts, and will continue to be on the lookout for opportunities to better advertise the SC (such as RMB trivia and polls).

The WADP Spreadsheet
I would like to make several improvements to the spreadsheet itself, including more freeform RMB and telegram use, an unendorsement campaign functionality, and integration between the SC endorsements and WADP sheets.

Ability to Handle Delegacy Emergencies
I've been working closely with the Executive Council this term, and will be able to take over in the event of a crisis next term. I also have the influence and endorsements to mount an effective personal response to any threats, even at the beginning of the term. Pretty WA voting pictures available upon request.

Big things to stand on - Ongoing Projects

Ongoing projects that I plan to complete early next term.

Regional Endotarting Event
The Spring Into Action! regional endotarting event can be launched at any time. This event will likely launch next term, and will last a few weeks. It will be a potent tool to assist with the delegacy transition. You can find a test version of the event dispatches using the hyperlink above. Big events are always great for engagement and bringing the community together, and this one serves a clear security purpose as well.

Declassification
The SC and I have made excellent progress on this last term, and I couldn't have done it without them. We're at over 245 private threads released, and I expect finishing up to only take a few weeks. Of course, it's important to not rush this. Once declassification is complete, I'll archive the tracking thread and edit the guide in the opening post into the main Freedom of Information request thread.

SC Handbook
This is a weird thing for me to talk about, since there's a good chance it'll be ready before the end of the term. In the event that it isn't, it'll be a top priority for me early next term. The project entails a 3-part guide covering the SC and informing members of the region as to the SC's responsibilities and application process. The 3 parts are as follows:
  1. What the SC does.
  2. Who's on the SC (with a short biography on each member).
  3. How to get on the SC (beyond meeting the base requirements).
The benefit of getting this out ASAP is that it'll make the SC that much less enigmatic to the general public, thereby increasing public awareness and trust of the SC overall. This would directly improve the ability of the SC to do its job and maintain the region's security.

Endotarting Guide
Another ongoing project. This is an advanced guide to endotarting, covering topics such as how to effectively ask for return endorsements and how to avoid accidentally sabotaging yourself (such as by answering certain issues that resign your nation from the WA). For best results, I intend to release this around the same time as the regional endotarting event officially launches. That way, new WAs especially will have a way to easily increase their performance during the event and boost their endorsement counts. Since the event will most likely launch early next term, this guide will as well. The guide will include a way for interested TNPers to request personal assistance from the SC to reach their target endorsement counts.

Cards Rewards Guide
This was a 3-part effort to improve our WADP cards recordkeeping and advertisement:
  1. Create a thread to track all WADP-related announcements and updates, for more transparent recordkeeping that can be easily linked to. This was done.
  2. Write a guide explaining all of the region's card reward programs in one place, which would be edited into the OP of the aforementioned thread. This was started.
  3. Use the aforementioned guide as a basis for updating our current card rewards dispatch, which over-emphasizes the WADP lotteries and could advertise our other programs, especially WADP ones, better.
I aim to complete the last 2 parts of this early next term. The objective here is to have the region's card rewards information, specifically WADP card rewards information, in one easily linkable place. Ideally, both this guide, the endotarting guide, and the SC handbook will get commands to automatically link their forum threads on the region's Discord. Also, the card rewards guide will help TNPers easily discern how best to maximize their card earnings.

Big things to stand on - New Initiatives

These are the more ambitious of the new projects I would like to tackle next term. These items also generally fall into the areas of expansion and standardization.

Infrastructure Improvements
This is something which won't have immediate impact, but which will pay dividends in the long run. I touched on this in the "core responsibilities" part of this platform, but I'll go into more depth on it here:
  1. Expand the WADP sheet as follows:
    1. Freeform dispatch, telegram, and (especially) RMB posting and maintenance. This can already be done through the sheet, but is inelegant.
    2. An unendorsement functionality, which will send an unendorsement campaign telegram from The Northern Light using a template. The target nation will be user-inputted, and there will be several options for which nations receive the telegram (e.g., Keepers, all WAs, etc.).
    3. A remote cards gifting functionality when that's implemented on the backend.
    4. Incorporation of the current SC endorsements Excel sheet (primarily used for VD updates) into the main WADP sheet.
    5. More complete and up-to-date internal documentation regarding use of the sheet.
  2. Expand internal procedures and documentation as follows:
    1. Create up-to-date templates for voting and discussion threads for every common situation.
    2. Review current SC procedures for any outdated or questionable information.
    3. Improve internal recordkeeping, specifically concerning discussion and voting threads.
Additionally, I plan to review every dispatch under the purview of the SC (mainly WADP ones) to ensure that they are all up-to-date and communicate their information in the most efficient way possible. This will be an ongoing project that lasts the term, similar to declassification this term.

Community Engagement
  1. An RMB trivia game later in the term, which will last a few weeks. This was previously discussed within the SC chambers, but was put on the backburner this term.
  2. Monthly Radio sessions. These will involve a monthly recap by the Vice Delegate followed by a community Q/A and discussion session, with interested/available SCers also attending. These will be planned and announced far ahead of time. This didn't happen consistently this term due to a variety of reasons, but I'm confident that I can make it work.
  3. Polls! To promote SC visibility and RMB activity, I'll run regional polls throughout the term. I already have a few planned for when the endotarting event begins (a continuation of the SC money one).
  4. Just generally staying on top of what the Ministry of Culture is doing on this front, and what opportunities for collaboration present themselves.

The VD Staff
So, this item is admittedly unorthodox and very ambitious. It'll require time and coordination with the Delegate to implement, but I believe that it could revolutionize how both the SC and the Executive operate. Basically, this is an idea I had in response to a few questions I found myself asking: Why is there no clear protocol for who can help with the WADP? Why is it so difficult for new members of the region to understand what the SC does? Why should the ability to assist the VD be tied to a nation's endorsements and SC status? To this end, I had the idea to create a new staffing organ under the purview of the Vice Delegate. This'll be more like the Deputy Speakers than the Executive Staff. Basically, there will be an applications thread listing what we're looking for in applicants (prior experience in the government and history of trustworthiness, primarily). These staffers (let's call them Deputy Vice Delegates for now) will be executive appointments under the Constitution, and will therefore be considered members of the executive for the purposes of branch restrictions. Here are the basic responsibilities of these staffers:
  1. Assist the VD with recordkeeping and clerical tasks.
  2. Ensure that the office's various initiatives are proceeding smoothly and that the public is being informed as to their status.
  3. Work with the VD and SC to run the WADP, compile lists of cards to be sent out for monthly awards, and help the VD oversee events.
  4. Assist with VD forum mentoring.
  5. These staffers will not have access to the SC chambers unless the SC approves of them having access. A modification to the SC procedure may be necessary if this becomes a reality and allowing certain staffers SC access is beneficial. All applicants will be brought up to the SC and discussed prior to any action being taken on their applications.
This concept is still in its infancy, and there's a lot to work out with the next Delegate (especially since these staffers will technically be part of the executive and will most likely be based on the executive Discord server). This is obviously lower priority than the other projects in this platform. However, it would undoubtedly be a boon for the region if it comes to fruition, and would allow eager TNPers to have a direct way to prepare themselves for a potential SC application while helping out with the work the VD usually does and getting used to the tasks they can expect if they end up being on the SC.

Small things to stand on

This section just contains miscellaneous stuff that I didn't feel quite fit in the preceding sections. If elected for a second term as Vice Delegate, I will maintain the same level of government involvement as I have this term, and will continue finding areas for collaboration where I can. I'll maintain an active presence in the wider community and the RMB, and will take advantage of opportunities for the rest of the SC to do the same. The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs in particular is where I began my political career in TNP, and it presents a great opportunity for collaboration. The Heroes of the North project in particular involves commending many SCers as its nominees, and in a change from this term, I will use my office to ensure that this program receives the attention from the SC that it deserves should the next Delegate choose to continue it.

To finish this off before this gets so long that it starts putting people to sleep, I hope that I've outlined what I will do should the citizens of this region elect me for a second term as Vice Delegate, and why I feel that I am a good choice to continue in this role for the next few months. The last term has been successful, and both provides ongoing projects to roll out (especially to assist with the imminent Delegate transition) and a solid foundation for future expansion of what we've begun.

As always, I'm more than happy to answer any inquiries you may have about my candidacy or anything in general. If you're interested, I'll be having a Town Hall appearance with the Ministry of Radio tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7:30pm EST, and will spend as much time as necessary (provided it stays within sane time constraints) answering any questions you may have. The appearance/interview will be on our Discord, which you can join here. I'll also use the Town Hall to briefly recap the SC's status for the last term and what we've accomplished so far.

Thanks for reading,

~~Cretox

New Francois is barred from holding citizenship. Should he want to regain his citizenship rights, what would be the proper procedure?

New Francois is barred from holding citizenship. Should he want to regain his citizenship rights, what would be the proper procedure?
I mean... he's banned from the TNP forum on admin grounds. He'd need to contact the admin team and go through their procedures to be allowed on the forum. Only then will he be able to apply for citizenship. If he applies after his ban is lifted, his VD rejection (which was uphold by RA majority vote) would still be valid in accordance with 6.1.7 of the Legal Code. The RA would need to overturn the ban by majority vote in accordance with 6.1.8 of the Legal Code. While not strictly necessary, I will reach out to the applicant in question to inform them that they could seek an overturning of their rejection through the RA, albeit indirectly. I will also discuss the applicant within the Security Council to determine whether the rejection is worth overturning. If we determine that it is worth overturning, we'll present a case to the RA and maintain contact with the applicant.

If you were to coup the region, how would you?
We're going to have a new Delegate who has no prior experience in the position and who doesn't have SC-levels of endorsements. First, I'll slow down the Delegate's transition while ensuring that I sit in the ingame Delegate seat as long as possible. I'll push the boundaries of what I can do as ingame Delegate and present myself to foreigners and new members of the region as though I was actually Delegate, without technically committing fraud. Meanwhile, I'll push for harsher and harsher restrictions on the endotarting of regular TNPers in the name of security. I'll exacerbate the new Delegate's insecurities and ensure that they have to play to their weaknesses. I'll assert myself constantly in cabinet discussions and outside the region, and will seize any ground they give me. I'll drive a wedge between the Delegate and their cabinet, and lure the Delegate into a scandal which will promptly spin out of control. I'll push for the Delegate's resignation so that I become acting Delegate for the remainder of the term. By then, people will already see me as essentially being Delegate, and I'll run for Delegate in the next election. I'll serve competently and involve myself in as many areas of the region as possible to ensure that I have a wide base of support. I'll spend time becoming familiar with any of the region's technological infrastructure that I have access to, and will introduce new sheets and technology that I control. From there, it'll be a short step to seizing indefinite power and maintaining a stranglehold on the region even if I'm not technically Delegate.

What's the biggest weakness of the SC currently? How can you address it?
I'll bring up 2 weaknesses if that's alright.
  1. A well-rounded presence: Everyone has the bulk of their TNP experience in a particular area of the region. However, the SC's fundamental purpose is to stabilize and lead the region in crisis situations, and to uphold democracy. Every SCer should be capable of stepping up if needed. How can any particular SCer expect to be seen by the regional community as a leading figure if they only have experience in certain parts of it? This isn't a critical weakness, but it is a weakness regardless. This can be addressed through targeted communication with the SC and consistent focused events. Perhaps the more government-heavy SCers can join Eras RP. Perhaps we can have a week where we spend time on RP and getting to know Eras regulars. Events like the RMB trivia that I mention in my platform are great for getting SCers more engaged on the RMB, even if it's just to post questions and respond to answers. Perhaps we work with the Ministry of Communications to write a security-focused TNL issue with SCers as authors. The point is that many SCers get on the SC in the first place by being strong performers in the region's government, but the TNP community is so much broader than that.
  2. Current extra-regional knowledge: Many people apply for the SC when they're reaching the end of their TNP political careers, and that's completely fine. However, SCers should still strive to maintain relationships with our allies abroad and stay up-to-date on major happenings in the wider NS community beyond immediate potential security issues. Addressing this is as simple as maintaining ambassadorial positions to regions, even smaller ones, staying active in TNP's executive staff, and interacting with the region at large. It is the VD's job to stay on the lookout for potential threats, but individual SCers should remain engaged as well. After all, dealing with crises is so much easier when our allies trust and are familiar with those in charge of the region's security. The weekly FA reports started by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs this term are certainly helpful here, as they provide an overview of happenings in regions we have relations with.

Do you own a dog?
I do! I'll try to post some pictures here later. He's new, which is why I didn't submit any pictures of him for the pet parade(s).

How do you expect us to vote for you upholding democracy if your custom title is Tyranny Triumphant?
I knew I was forgetting something when I posted this platform! I was going to change my custom title to my "slogan". Thanks for reminding me.

Last edited:
Do you own a dog?
13qMrq3.jpg

He's adorable. What is his name?
[REDACTED - 5.5.27.2 RL information]

I'm joking. His name is Andy.

Which SCer deserves the least to be on the SC and why?
Hmm... I would say that I "deserve" to be on the SC the least by virtue of being so new in the region relative to other SCers when I applied and therefore having a lesser TNP résumé compared to the former Delegates, Vice Delegates, and longtime regional figures who typically apply to the SC as their political careers here come to a close. However, I would say that I have definitely contributed heavily to the SC both as a Councillor and later as Vice Delegate. This is a good example of why judging SC applicants (and members) based on a notion of "deserving" the position is a poor approach. Trustworthiness, competence, and activity are all important factors that go into evaluating prospective and current SCers. But attempting to package an invariably nuanced assessment into something as simple as whether someone "deserves" a seat on the SC creates a metric that is inherently one-dimensional and inherently linked to applicant entitlement. We don't want SC application evaluations to be one-dimensional. We certainly don't want applicants to feel entitled to be on the SC because they think they "deserve" the position.

Nice copt-out. :P
That was fast. Yeesh.

Evaluation of SC applicants (and current SCers) is something I've done a lot of this term, what with 3 new members joining, a successful change to the line of succession, and a cleanup of the standing nominations with an associated constitutional amendment. How could you give me an opportunity to talk about that and not expect me to take it? :P

Andy is adorable and must be protected at all costs.

You say you will stand on things. However, the real question is - will you let Andy stand on you?

Andy is adorable and must be protected at all costs.

You say you will stand on things. However, the real question is - will you let Andy stand on you?
He doesn't care if I let him or not. That dog has no concept of personal space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back