Map Discussion Thread

SillyString:
At the same time, though, the nation leaving the region means that the person loses citizenship, and if they don't have citizenship then they're not masked to post in the RP area.
You don't need Citizenship. You do, however, need Residency or Former Residency, which you don't have when you move out of the region. For the short time I was a member, I couldn't see the Drafting Plane (now The Lounge). Don't know if I could post in the other forums or not, but considering how important The Lounge is, it would be useless if I or any other members could.

So, yeah, you have a good point there.

lord lore:
Sebland - You can not create a second nation just so that you can annex it to get around the ruling of the cartography team that you could not have all of an area you wanted.

I am not making a new nation. BTW Nierr said I can RP the expansion!

True Sebland:
lord lore:
Sebland - You can not create a second nation just so that you can annex it to get around the ruling of the cartography team that you could not have all of an area you wanted.

I am not making a new nation. BTW Nierr said I can RP the expansion!
Its an expansion that 100% depends on the fact that there is a nation that IS NOT there. The link provided was nothing but an OOC vote if two nations should reorganize into one state. But there is no second state in that area.

You can claim that area is called Sebland but there is no Sebland nation there.

There was no Galacta before I announced its annexation. There was no Rhuvanland before Syrixia announced its annexation. There was no Pelhafor before Kannex announced its annexation.

Nebula:
There was no Galacta before I announced its annexation. There was no Rhuvanland before Syrixia announced its annexation. There was no Pelhafor before Kannex announced its annexation.
Same for Tir na Andalucia and Callaici (both nation's in their own right but part of the Confederation). Prior to being added to the map, both were notions in the history section of my Factbook. It wasn't until I did a role-play scenario (expansion) with them that they got as fleshed out as they have.

Nebula. Galacta isn't the same size as your main territory and you had been around for a bit before its annexation. He is trying to double the size of his nation right off the bat by claiming that he ALREADY controls the area through a nation that does not exist.

And Pelhafor, Rhuvanland, Andalucia, and Callaici are all self governing in their own right. Sebland is basically trying to say that there is already an established nation like Rhuvanland or Callaici and that now its deciding to annex itself into his main nation.

Lord Lore:
Nebula. Galacta isn't the same size as your main territory and you had been around for a bit before its annexation. He is trying to double the size of his nation right off the bat by claiming that he ALREADY controls the area through a nation that does not exist.

And Pelhafor, Rhuvanland, Andalucia, and Callaici are all self governing in their own right. Sebland is basically trying to say that there is already an established nation like Rhuvanland or Callaici and that now its deciding to annex itself into his main nation.
Yes my country was put on the map only recently, but that doesn't mean that it was created now. It was created a long time ago. It's not like it was created yesterday and I'm trying to expand today!

I think that if Rhuvaland lied next to Syrixia it would get annexed or at least be an autonomous region!

And BTW Xentherida's expansion was fairly big and he didn't have a proper reason for the expansion!

True Sebland:
Lord Lore:

Yes my country was put on the map only recently, but that doesn't mean that it was created now. It was created a long time ago. It's not like it was created yesterday and I'm trying to expand today!

I think that if Rhuvaland lied next to Syrixia it would get annexed or at least be an autonomous region!

And BTW Xentherida's expansion was fairly big and he didn't have a proper reason for the expansion!
I would also like to reaffirm my stance, you had specifically asked for all of that area, to which you were DENIED. Now you are turning around and trying to say "See you have to give it to me now, becuase guess what, I controlled it all along"

And no Rhuvanland was always meant to be a client state at best and a compact state as worst. And Xentherida? They expansions have been limited to a small far flung colony and a city that was swaped through mutual agreement with Nebula. Trying to compare this to Xentherida's expansion would be like trying to say that Xentherida created Callaici just so that he could annex it.

Lord Lore:
True Sebland:
Lord Lore:

I would also like to reaffirm my stance, you had specifically asked for all of that area, to which you were DENIED. Now you are turning around and trying to say "See you have to give it to me now, becuase guess what, I controlled it all along"

And no Rhuvanland was always meant to be a client state at best and a compact state as worst. And Xentherida? They expansions have been limited to a small far flung colony and a city that was swaped through mutual agreement with Nebula. Trying to compare this to Xentherida's expansion would be like trying to say that Xentherida created Callaici just so that he could annex it.
My claim was denied, but I was aloud to RP an expansion!!!

Do I understand you correctly? If I said that Sebland wasn't a part of True Sebland and annexed it, you would be perfectly fine with that?

Xentherida expanded up to the lakes, I didn't mean the death atol and the ports!

True Sebland:
My claim was denied, but I was aloud to RP an expansion!!!

Do I understand you correctly? If I said that Sebland wasn't a part of True Sebland and annexed it, you would be perfectly fine with that?

Xentherida expanded up to the lakes, I didn't mean the death atol and the ports!
Which is not what you are doing, you created an OOC vote for other people do to. There is little to no RP value in having other people do an OOC vote and causually claim that you already controlled the area. Your entire justification for the expansion is that you already control it.

And no that wasn't an expansion that was a problem in communication between myself and madjack where I messed up the claim and madjack had it fixed.

Nierr:
That expansion, so long as it is RPed, is fine.

I reserve the right to deny any further expansions for whatever reason and frequent expansion requests will earn my ire.

But I'll tell you what, to sate your appetite for expansion, I will allow you to further expand that claim all the way to the coast you see in that image. Anything further south than what you've claimed there will be denied.

So can I never at all expand south or as long as I RP it out/NS Stats Increase?

Sytarenne,

Basically what Nierr is telling you is that he'll allow you to expand your current claim all the way to the coast and then the southern limit of your claims border as long as you role play it out similar to what the rest of us have done. Anything beyond that, from what I can tell he won't allow. Now, if you want to do a colony or science base similar to what has been done before, again so long as you role play it out and have a damn good reason for it, the cartographers will consider it.

I would also point out that NS stats dont matter for the most part.They don't translate to RP well and its often seen as a misstep. Especially since things like Population, Tax and etc in NS Stats can move at a faster curve then time in RP, for instance as 14 million population boost in the middle of an RP that spans a couple of days. In reality, even if you had a population of 1.5 billion and had the ridiculously high population growth rate of 6% annually your going to get maybe 250,000 gross additions to the population without factoring in deaths, immigration and emigration but NS Stats would have you believe that it increases at a 6% growth rate a week.

Oh, I thought because:
Great Bights Mum:
. We are a seafaring nation with a 20b+ population. I trust you to find something appropriate. Thanks much.
And Nierr gave her a huge claim.

Well I'm only really expanding because New Nations are getting huge claims from the continents and I couldn't even claim an area that was 1/4 of the size of theirs when I moved to TNP.

Sytarenne:
Well I'm only really expanding because New Nations are getting huge claims from the continents and I couldn't even claim an area that was 1/4 of the size of theirs when I moved to TNP.
Can you explain, even a little bit, how the size of your map claim has any bearing on your RPing skills? Your creative writing? Your ability to come up with cool ideas for your nation and turn them into interesting RP with other people?

Map claims are like penises: If all you care about is how big yours is, you're probably not much good with it.

SillyString:
Sytarenne:
Can you explain, even a little bit, how the size of your map claim has any bearing on your RPing skills? Your creative writing? Your ability to come up with cool ideas for your nation and turn them into interesting RP with other people?

Map claims are like penises: If all you care about is how big yours is, you're probably not much good with it.
:rum:

SillyString:
Sytarenne:

You are bringing up an entirely different point. I'm surprised your Vice Delegate and is saying this <_<
Read the post again, and this time the ENTIRE post. That's like saying since Mexico isn't such a great country that they have to reduce all there size so different people can create new different countries in them, because they have "better things to do". Also you can reduce Merconintopias country because he isn't Roleplaying.

And if you are going to call me for sniping, look who started it first
And by the way, I was going to plan something for the RP. And my Nation is probably going to be bigger then most of the nations here now. Look at all the things I'm going to plan in my nation here

I still don't understand your need for such a large claim. The only one that is currently a little out of proportion is GBM's. McM's, despite looking big isn't that much bigger than Callaici. So I don't get your stance that larger claims are being accepted, they aren't. And in GBM's case, she asked Nierr to give her a spot on the map and didn't submit a proper claim.

Sytarenne:
You are bringing up an entirely different point. I'm surprised your Vice Delegate and is saying this <_<
Read the post again, and this time the ENTIRE post. That's like saying since Mexico isn't such a great country that they have to reduce all there size so different people can create new different countries in them, because they have "better things to do". Also you can reduce Merconintopias country because he isn't Roleplaying.
I love how you respond to a post claiming that they did not read the post they were commenting on when its very obvious by your own reply you did not read her reply right.

Her claim is not that claim size should be directly tied to RP skill, its entirely about the saying that is true about most things in life, SIZE DOESN'T MATTER. People should be focused on fleshing out their nations and actually finding a way to make due with what they have instead of obsessing that you happen to be smaller then some other people. Population and Land Size are not competitions, RP inherently is not a competition its a cooperation of people bringing together ideas to create stories.

Definitely willing to add more to it, especially the western continents which admittedly are entirely bare.

If you would be willing, I would greatly prefer if the northern border of my nation could be a mountain range. I'm on the small peninsula in the center-west of the new continent.

That'll be fine. I might make it the end of a massive one that dominates the continent.

Nations geography is largely self declared, although if, for example, your nation falls on one of the existing mountain ranges then I'd ask that people respect their map position and include it in their writing, even if its only mentioned as background.

Back