Map Discussion Thread

Kalti:
Last time it was asked and for the life of me I can't remember if it was Nierr or Lore that answered, but one of you stated that even if a nation has CTE'd on the site but the member continues activity here on the forums, that is enough to warrant said nation staying on the map.
I haven't seen Helgraf around here for a while, so that doesn't really apply here.

Kalti:
Last time it was asked and for the life of me I can't remember if it was Nierr or Lore that answered, but one of you stated that even if a nation has CTE'd on the site but the member continues activity here on the forums, that is enough to warrant said nation staying on the map.
Hence Nierr having a spot despite his being DoS.

Nebula:
Kalti:
Hence Nierr having a spot despite his being DoS.
Madjack is a special case. He's an esteemed member of our community, and plus, the map is his private property.

Sorry for being "that" guy, but when will new map claims be handle? Would love to get my nation on the map as it would make roleplaying and my presentation/Facebook easier to work on. Feels like i'm idling because my nation has no location at the moment.

I have two days off starting tomorrow. They'll be handled on one of those days.

Feel free to get started on things in the meantime though.

Is EVERY island, landmass, and continent on the map? Because there's supposed to be lots of really small, uninhabited islands (like the United States Minor Outlying Islands) between the two Sytariot Landmasses.

Sytarenne:
Is EVERY island, landmass, and continent on the map? Because there's supposed to be lots of really small, uninhabited islands (like the United States Minor Outlying Islands) between the two Sytariot Landmasses.
Well you haven't claimed or asked for these to be on the map.

Sytarenne:
Your claim (when you asked for that spot that's split between the two continents) never included islands so they weren't added. The rules governing the addition of new islands are more strict and usually need a very strong reason for being added to the map since the cartographers (Nierr and Lore) have to draw them in which takes up time.

I said, those islands are basically the size of the United States Minor Outlying Islands, meaning they are the size of a garden, meaning they are too small to be on a map.

If there are islands that are too small to go on the map, then they aren't on the map...

Tons of small islands. I though about doing the, guano island act but figured it would never make it on the map. For my country it's just in RP.

It's a colony of Ceretis. I know no more than that. :P

Nierr:
It's a colony of Ceretis. I know no more than that. :P
Fairy snuff. So long as nobody defaces the great wall we're happy to keep the gates open and a warm room in the little hamlets in that area (totally not mugging for tourism)

click

EDIT: Actually nonono wait, I'm doing a thread about this.

Hiskjriaana:
That map is messed up :P Why is Merconiconitopia the shape of Korea?
Because Druk wanted his claim to look like the Korean Peninsula, but then he got caught cheating the WA and left the region, in which then Merc got the peninsula.

Bootsie:
Aww, little Guslantis. The island was never recovered on the maps.
I found an uploading site, vstanced.com, that doesn't make images bad quality. So, I could probably join the Cartography Team again and put it on there for you if you want.

Shameless advertising is shameless.

So I've been seeing a bunch of chatter about Lochstar's claim, as he claimed land currently occupied by Eirennea. Apparently according to Nierr Eirennea's name wasn't on the map, but the latest map update shows it is.

Anyways, I took the liberty of making this picture, since Loch and I have been talking and the history he wants to craft is very intertwined with mine. (IE: Folmerica was a territory of the Syrixian Empire.) Thoughts n' comments?

DISCLAIMER: This is just a proposition made by me. This is not an official lodging of a claim nor am I forcing Loch to accept this proposition. It is simply an idea and ultimately the final word goes to him.

possible.png

EDIT: I don't think I like the borders I put. Compared to the rest of the borders they seem too rough. But, if Loch likes this, than maybe Madjack can smooth it out.

I would like to inform you Nierr, that Funkadelia doesn't exist.
He has been deleted, so I think a pile of land could be "liberated" on Caltania.

Syrixia:
So I've been seeing a bunch of chatter about Lochstar's claim, as he claimed land currently occupied by Eirennea. Apparently according to Nierr Eirennea's name wasn't on the map, but the latest map update shows it is.

Anyways, I took the liberty of making this picture, since Loch and I have been talking and the history he wants to craft is very intertwined with mine. (IE: Folmerica was a territory of the Syrixian Empire.) Thoughts n' comments?

DISCLAIMER: This is just a proposition made by me. This is not an official lodging of a claim nor am I forcing Loch to accept this proposition. It is simply an idea and ultimately the final word goes to him.

possible.png

EDIT: I don't think I like the borders I put. Compared to the rest of the borders they seem too rough. But, if Loch likes this, than maybe Madjack can smooth it out.
Der Bümpen because me want hear ideas

You don't need to bump every 12 hours (10 in this instance). One bump per 24 hours please.

Nierr:
You don't need to bump every 12 hours (10 in this instance). One bump per 24 hours please.
I second this. The constant bumping is very annoying and a thread won't die because it hasn't been posted on for a few hours.

You need too repost the image for me to decide. You didn't do it correctly the first time and so nothing shows up.

Nierr:
To paraphrase why Nebula wants to know when RPI will be removed (I'm curious as well since has CTE and has not been active on the forums in over two months... unless I missed some away notice from him) is simply because he wants the two small islands owned by RPI as well as the land owned by RPI that cuts the Nebulan nation in half on the northern edge. That and he also wants RPI's main island but I'll leave that for him to explain and the cartographers to decide on.

Also, Syrixia I don't see why you are so concerned by this Nebulan expansion... he's my neighbor and I already told him it was ok to take those islands if the cartographers approved.

Back