The Speaker's Desk

SillyString:
It has been a pleasure to serve the RA for the past two terms, but I think eight months in one position is quite enough for anyone.
Is this your subtle way of telling me that I should have stopped after two terms? :P

You've done a fantastic job here, Silly. You truly left your mark on the office :)

Regional Assembly Weekly Digest

(2013-12-29 - 2014-01-06)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Zyvetskistaahn

Deputy Speaker: SillyString

Deputy Speaker: Guslantis

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this week.

1. Espionage Amendment: Passed

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Another Espionage Amendment: Under Discussion

2. The use of lists in the Legal Code: Under Discussion

3. Election Provisions Amendment bill: Under Discussion

4. Court Jurisdiction Amendment bill: Under Discussion

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Valkany, De Luna, Lane Seven, harris6332, avati and Myrden.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Punk D, Com Nau, TheCarlagas, Cerma and Tim. We're sorry to see them go.

3. Voting in the General Election for the offices of Delegate, Vice Delegate and Speaker begins today. Remember: vote early, vote often!

4. After several months of service in the Speaker's Office, under both myself and COE, Deputy Speaker SillyString is resigning. She has been wonderful during her time in Office: an efficient administrator of the rules and standing orders, a brilliant teacher to myself and to Deputy Speaker Bootsie, and an excellent source of advice on points of order and law. The Speaker's Office wishes her luck in her immediate future in the Court and beyond that in whatever she goes on to do.

Zyvetskistaahn Presents: Long Names

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. Merconitonitopia is longer.

SillyString's Silliest Advice

Remember: Always be exactly as silly as appropriate, if not sillier.

Guslantis's Word of the Week

Caucus, n. A meeting of supporters or members of a specific political party or movement.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

Regional Assembly Weekly Digest

(2014-01-06 - 2014-01-12)

Deputy Speaker: Guslantis

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this week.

No old business this week. :(

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Election Provisions Amendment bill: Under Discussion

2. Court Jurisdiction Amendment bill: Under Discussion

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Tim, Myriadia, Gladio and Auralia.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Valkany, Newmist, Corinair, Borndisaster, Stalin1953 and madjack. We're sorry to see them go.

3. The General Election has concluded: McMasterdonia retains the Delegacy, Democratic Donkeys takes the Vice Delegacy and Zyvetskistaahn holds the Speakership.

4. The Speaker's Office is looking for a new deputy! RA members who wish to be considered should contact either Zyvetskistaahn or Bootsie.

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. sppfgvjbfdvjhbealand is longer.

Guslantis's Word of the Week

comport v. to be in agreement, harmony, or conformity

spk-seal.png

I hereby appoint Lord Nwahs to the position of Deputy Speaker. Welcome to the Speaker's Office. You may take your oath.

Dear the nations of The North Pacific,

I was chosen to become Deputy Speaker by Zyvetskistaahn and SillyString, and it was one of the best decisions I have made to accept their offer. I sometimes thought I was a nerd when it came to adding people to the Regional Assembly, and had so much fun with my job. I even would love to welcome users to the Regional Assembly, and was sad when their box turned pink in the rolls, which meant I had to remove them. All these things I will and remember forever, well, probably not forever, if you know me, I'm very forgetful, but it is the thought that counts. I could write an entire essay on what I love about the Speaker's Office, but to get to the main point, I will skip my long essay. A day or two ago, Lord Ravenclaw approached me with the offer of becoming Deputy Minister of Culture and Entertainment. It's not that I love the job more, or will love it more, I just can't have both. After long thought, and after talking with both SillyString, Crushing Our Enemies, and Lord Ravenclaw himself, I am sad to say that I accept his offer to become Deputy Minister of Culture and Entertainment and officially resign as Deputy Speaker.

Sincerely,

[me]

Regional Assembly "Weekly" Digest

(2014-02-19 - 2014-02-26)

Deputy Speaker: Olvern

1. A Motion to uphold the rejection of Empire of Narnia's application to the Regional Assembly: Failed

1. TNP Civil Code Omnibus law: Objected to

2. Election Provisions Amendment Bill: Scheduled for vote

3. Attorney General Amendment Bill: Formal debate

4. Schnauzer Bill: Under discussion

5. Reopen Nominations Fix Bill: Under discussion

6. How a Bill Becomes a Law Amendment Bill: Under discussion

7. A Bill to amend Section 6.1 of the Legal Code: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Falapatorius, Hileville, Asylum and Bodobol.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us:Iro, Springley, Belschaft and Acoustic Siberia . We're sorry to see them go.

3. The Judicial election for the offices of Justice and Attorney General begins in March

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. BouncyAbbeyKitty is longer.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

(2014-02-26 - 2014-03-12)

1. Election Provisions Amendment Bill: Passed

2. TNP Civil Code Omnibus law: Failed

3. Attorney General Amendment Bill: Passed

1. Reopen Nominations Fix Bill: Under discussion

2. How a Bill Becomes a Law Amendment Bill: Under discussion

3. A Bill to amend Section 6.1 of the Legal Code: Under discussion

4. A discussion on the expansion of criminal offences

5. Delegate Election Fairness Bill: Under discussion

6. A motion to update the Line of Succession: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Empire of Narnia, PaulWallLibertarian42, TED 4355, Alunya and The Democratic Republic of TOMB.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Eluvatar, Myrden, Libetarian Republics, avati, Myriadia, King Durk the Awesome, New Charlzilla, Auralia, Nansen, Reginald Carmichael, Bootsie, Tim and Albintimilia. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The election for the Justices of the Court has concluded with Ator People, Romanoffia and SillyString being elected, congratulations to them and commiserations to The Minister, Treize_Dreizehn and Leekem. The nominations for the office of Attorney General have been reopened for the next 48 hours, after which there will be another round of voting, so remember: vote early, vote often.

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. possibly the best place ever is longer.

(2014-03-12 - 2014-03-22)

1. A motion to update the Line of Succession: Passed

1. Reopen Nominations Fix Bill: At vote

2. Flag Day Bill: Formal debate

3. Civil Jurisdiction Repeal Bill: Formal Debate

4. How a Bill Becomes a Law Amendment Bill: Under discussion

5. A Bill to amend Section 6.1 of the Legal Code: Under discussion

6. A discussion on the expansion of criminal offences

7. Delegate Election Fairness Bill: Under discussion

8. A Bill to make provision with relation to elections: Under discussion

9. A Bill to amend Section 7.1 of the Legal Code: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Zaolat, Machiavelli, Vishwajeet, MinecraftMike16 and Elkhorn_6.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Cormac and Moany Old Gits. We're sorry to see them go.

3. The election for the office of Attorney General has concluded, congratulations to Chasmanthe.

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. malingsialanlonte is longer.

(2014-03-22 - 2014-04-09)

1. Reopen Nominations Fix Bill: Passed

2. Flag Day Bill: Passed

3. Civil Jurisdiction Repeal Bill: Passed

4. A Bill to amend Section 6.1 of the Legal Code: Passed

5. A Bill to amend Section 7.1 of the Legal Code: Failed

6. A Motion to admit Ator People to the Security Council: Passed

1. How a Bill Becomes a Law Amendment Bill: At vote

2. The North Pacific and Albion Security Treaty: At vote

3. I love McMasterdonia Amendment: Formal debate

4. McMasterdonian Day Bill: Formal Debate

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Rach, Mall, depeterson61, Cheky, Prosecution, Giancarlo, Alexandros Rex and Terra.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: 007James Bond, Bodobo, Empire of Narnia, Machiavelli, Jack Holland, Asylum, Geniva, TED 4355 and Zaolat. We're sorry to see them go.

3. The Speaker's Office is in search of a new deputy! Any RA member who wishes to be considered should get in contact with Zyvetskistaahn or Lord Nwahs (Olvern).

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. Deindividuation is longer.

Thank you Mr. Speaker and Lord Nwahs for giving me this opportunity. I enjoy TNP and arguing legislation and my time here has been fun for me, and I like the ability to be able to help you both in the speakership office and help me gain more experience in TNP affairs. I promise to execute to the best of my ability and try to have fun while doing it. I hope my time in the Deputy Position I am able to live up to the esteemed reputation of the current serving members of the Office as well as players who formerly occupied the office such as SillyString, bootsie, and Crushing Our Enemies (read backlogged RA weekly digests heh.) Again, Mr. Speaker and Mr.Deputy thanks for this opportunity.

(2014-04-09 - 2014-04-21)

Deputy Speaker: The Democratic States of Libertarianland

1. How a Bill Becomes a Law Amendment Bill: Passed
2. The North Pacific and Albion Security Treaty: Passed
3. A Motion relating to porridge: Passed
4. I love McMasterdonia Amendment: Failed

1. Read the Bills Billl: At vote
2. A Bill to amend Section 7.2 of the Legal Code: At vote
3. Omnibus Legislative Corrections Bill: Scheduled for vote
4. Let’s Stop Worrying About Numbers Bill: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Temberin, tmstDastalMarcan, Punk D, TomZanovich, James and Jack Holland

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Vishwajeet, MinecraftMike16, The Democratic Republic of TOMB and Rach. We're sorry to see them go.

3. PaulWallLibertarian42 has joined the Speaker's Office as Deputy Speaker!

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. The Democratic States of Libertarianland is longer.

(2014-04-21 - 2014-05-01)

Deputy Speaker: The Democratic States of Libertarianland

1. A Bill to amend Section 7.2 of the Legal Code: Passed
2. Read the Bills Bill: Failed
3. Omnibus Legislative Corrections Bill: Failed

1. Let's Stop Worrying About Numbers Bill: At vote
2. A motion to admit r3naissanc3r to the Security Council: Scheduled for vote
3. The North Pacific Navy Bill: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Geniva, Leningrad Union, Abstain and The Democratic Republic of Tomb.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Hileville, Cheky and Terra. We're sorry to see them go.

3. The General Election for the offices of Delegate, Vice Delegate and Speaker begins today, declarations of candidacy have already commenced and will conclude on the 6th, voting begins on the 6th and will last until the 11th. Remember: vote early, vote often.

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. erheattenesdentui is longer.

Curious minds wish to know if the honourable Speaker Zyvetskistaahn will be seeking another term of office?
It seems that I'm a bit late in noticing this but, at the moment, I am considering it, particularly as Lord Nwahs has declined his nomination.

PWL42's quote of the week:

"Politicans like dirty diapers should be changed frequently, often times for the same reason."

In the spirit of election season!
(This by no means should constitute a reflection on any incumbent. Instead is for entertainment purposes only.)

Heya all,

For the past few months or so, I have had the great pleasure of working with the fine individuals that keep our great Regional Assembly up and running. I have learnt a lot about our legal documents, our procedures and TNP culture in general, more so than I initially thought when I signed up for the position back in January this year. All these drove me to try out a run for the Speakership, which although I did not win, I am still glad that I tried.

As you may know, I have accepted an appointment as Minster for Culture in the new cabinet. Unfortunately, that means that my time as Deputy Speaker has come to an end. I sincerely wish all the best to Zyvet and PWL42 as they continue to do the great work that the Speakership does to protect democracy and constitutional government in The North Pacific.

Cheers,

- Lord Nwahs (Olvern)

I just now saw this. So long and thanks for all the fish. We'll miss you Olvey. Do pop in the speakers office from time to time to say hello. (With fresh bagels and donuts) :) good luck culturing up the place.

Greetings Mr. Speaker and fellow RA members.

I have enjoyed my time immensely in TNP over the last 4-5 months. And I appreciate Zyvet and at the time Olvern for accepting my application to be deputy RA speaker. I have learned alot in my time how the RA works behind the scenes and the important work the speakership does. I have gotten invaluable experience and I hope it serves me well in the future in my NationStates and TNP career.

It is bittersweet but I have to tender my resignation effective immediately so I may pursue other careers of intrest in the region. I have been appointed Deputy AG and I intend to pursue it as I am interrested in the Criminal Justice system if our fine region.

I hope one day to be allowed back as a deputy here. I truly enjoy it or maybe even run for speaker someday. But for now I would like to conentrate on running the MoHA interim and finish out the last month of r3ns term as well as help our new AG in the Attorney Generals office.

Thank you for everything.

Time to get comfy on this desk.

Hi everyone, your new Speaker here. A few things to take note right now:

1. The Speaker's Office is looking for another Deputy Speaker! Please PM either me or Zyvetskistaahn if you're interested.

2. When registering for the Regional Assembly here, one has to refer to their actual nation WITHOUT PREFIXES OF ANY SORT (i.e. the nation name you type in when logging on to NS).
Basically, either:
1. A link to your nation on NS (the tag helps),
2. Referring to your nation by its name itself (for example, Olvern instead of The Republic of Olvern in the registration post),
is NECESSARY for the Speaker's Office to process your application. This rule will be enforced strictly by myself.

The second point is VERY IMPORTANT. I'll add it in my signature and perhaps request if the RA registration thread OP can be modified for this notification to be added on.

Deputy Speaker basically helps the Speaker in the usual sorting out of stuff, usually calling for formal debates and keeping track of various motions on the RA floor, sorting out the Regional Assembly Membership List, and taking over while the Speaker may be on a leave of absence/temporarily not around.

Deputy Speaker is a good starting point to getting your foot in government office.

Look at Olvey went from deputy Speaker to Culture Minister to Speaker.

I served as Deputy for awhile as well, while being Deputy HA, before finally getting on in the AGs office and being elected after Treize nation CTEd/he resigned.

Anyone interrested in serving in the regional government I would recommend starting off in the Speakers office. I feel a deputy speaker has alot of reaponsibilities and a way to get your feet wet in govt service.

spk-seal.png

I hereby appoint Elegarth to the position of Deputy Speaker. Welcome to the Speaker's Office. You may take your oath.

Back