The Speaker's Desk

The TNP nations belonging to Kogvuron and Unicarion North Pacific have CTE'd and they have both been removed from the RA.

Socrates has been removed from the RA for forum inactivity, but maintains his nation in TNP.

Mr Speaker. I would like to notify you that i will be absent on March 30th till April 21st. This is due to the recent decision in my family to take a "mental break". Away from work and home.
I apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

Duly noted. However, be aware that inactivity rules may still apply. If you're absent from the forum for 30 days, or your TNP nation ceases to exist, you will be removed from the RA, and will have to reapply.

There is legislation under debate that makes provisions for notifications of absence, and makes exception in the inactivity rules for them - if it passes as it is currently written, then your absence would not count against those 30 days.

Biyah was removed from the RA on March 8, following his resignation.

Grimalkin's TNP nation ceased to exist, and he was subsequently removed on March 10

Windy's TNP nation has ceased to exist, and he has been removed from the RA.

Todd McCloud and Joshua were removed from the RA for forum inactivity several days ago.

Redamerica has been removed from the RA for forum inactivity.

Blake Marks has been removed from the RA because his TNP nation moved elsewhere.

AnarchistParadiso has been removed from the RA because he has not logged into the forum for over 30 days.

Flemingovia has been removed from the RA because his TNP nation ceased to exist,

The following members missed the last two votes that were held:
Grosseschnauzer
Isimud
Alicia DiLaurentis
Govindia
Gladio
Tim
Deutronesia
Mall
New Kervoskia
Iro
Jurisdictions
Johz
Koth
King Durk the Awesome
Bokeryville
Oriole Electronics
Ator People
Newmist
Lord Ravenclaw
Nintendolande64
Cameron
Emperor Andrew I
Alpha Surfari
Guittelia
Apollo
Sciongrad
Selenian Empire
Sergenian
GHAUNADAUR
Adabar
bayangmagiliw
Statice
Dalimbar

If this pattern continues, the continued membership of the above Assemblyman may be in danger. Anyone who misses four consecutive votes and does not vote for over 20 days will be removed from the RA.

Sciongrad's TNP nation has ceased to exist and he has been removed from the RA. Deutronesia has been similarly removed for failure to log on to the TNP forum for over 30 days.

The following members have missed the last THREE RA votes. Under new laws, if they miss one more RA vote (not including elections) they will lose their membership:

Apollo
bayangmagiliw
Dalimbar
GHAUNADAUR
Govindia
Guittelia
Johz
Jurisdictions
New Kervoskia
Newmist
Nintendolande64
Oriole Electronics
Selenian Empire
Statice
Tim

spk-seal.png
Abstain (better known as Limi) has resigned from his position as Deputy Speaker. Thank you for your service, Limi! (Such as it was :P)

In his place, I hereby appoint SillyString (better known as Astarial). Asta, go take your oath!

I am back, and have resumed my duties. I thank SillyString for handling affairs in my absence. She will continue to administrate the motion for my own recall.

Introducing...the Regional Assembly Weekly Digest! A weekly newsletter sent out on Fridays to all RA members by telegram to their TNP nation. The text of each week's issue will also be posted here, on the Speaker's Desk. The purpose of the Digest is to keep all RA members informed of the latest events and proposals that concern them as legislators.

Thanks to Deputy SillyString for her collaboration and proofreading! <3

Regional Assembly Weekly Digest
(2013-05-17 - 2013-05-24)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: General COE
Deputy Speaker: SillyString
Speaker Pro Tempore: Grosseschnauzer

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this week.

1. Recall Punk D: Failed
2. Recall Hileville: Failed

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Recall Eluvatar: At vote
2. Contempt of Court Bill: Under debate
3. Security Council Reform Bill: Under debate
4. Recall Crushing Our Enemies: Withdrawn

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Sophistry, Gracius Maximus, Livilispis, and Oriole Electronics!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Bokeryville, Apollo, Argo, Govindia, Jurisdictions, Nintendolande64, Guittelia, Dalimbar, and EITUSIAN. We're sorry to see them go.

3. Manumission Day is on May 26th, commemorating the end of the delegacy of Pixiedance, and celebrating the return of a democratic government to the region! All RA voting will be suspended on that day (voting threads will be locked), and any ongoing voting periods will be extended by one day to make up for it.

SillyString's Silly Advice
In accordance with section 8, subsection Q of the TNP Legal Code, all RA members are reminded to vote early and often - up to twice a day - on all recall motions.

General COE's Cautionary Words
Since this is the first Weekly Digest, I would caution everyone who's not familiar with SillyString to never follow any of her silly advice.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

It is my pleasure to present the second Regional Assembly Weekly Digest:
(2013-05-24 - 2013-05-31)

Speaker Pro Tempore: Eluvatar

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this week.

1. Recall Eluvatar: Failed

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Contempt of Court Bill: Under debate
2. Security Council Reform Bill: Under debate
3. Election Streamlining Bill: Under debate

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Malashaan, The SCG, and Scumshire!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Ator People, Ndocciata, Freesoc, Richalpoaz, Windy, MahendoSat, Aikku, Matthex0, Markus Wolf, Malanasia, and Felasia. We're sorry to see them go.

3. The Speaker's procedure for proposal and voting is undergoing revision! If you’d like to have a say in it, post in the relevant thread in the main Regional Assembly forum. The new procedure will be finalized sometime next week - possibly as early as Monday!

4. The Honorable Chief Justice Abbey and the Honorable Justice Sanctaria have resigned, and nominations are underway for a Special Election to fill their seats on the bench. Details may be found in the Elections subforum of the Agora. In the meantime, Gracius Maximus and Hileville have been appointed as Temporary Hearing Officers in their places.

Justices are required to vote in every third proposal put before the Regional Assembly, excepting ones where the text contains a prime number. TJOs may freely vote FOR or AGAINST any proposal, but are prohibited from abstaining.

Strange times are at hand. Avoid the court when possible.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.
I would like to apologize to the dozen or so of you who received this week's digest from an associate of mine in The Black Hawks (with an eerily similar name). Clearly, the TNP Telegram Service got the two of us confused and made it appear as though the wrong one of us issued the digest. It was several minutes before I became aware of the error and corrected it. I assure you, the Speaker's Office is not outsourcing our publications staff to The Black Hawks!

Nice idea! Your counterpart in the FRA (moi) has begun to do the same... though strangely, our updates are also coming from TBH.

It is my pleasure to present the third Regional Assembly Weekly Digest:
(2013-05-31 - 2013-06-07)

Speaker Pro Tempore: Eluvatar

No old business this week. :(

1. Contempt of Court Bill: Under debate
2. Security Council Reform Bill: Under debate
3. Election Streamlining Bill: Under debate

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Bulldookey, IndieGirl, Safos, and Neues Grossdeutsches Reich!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: GoalVA and North Harmoneia. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. Special Elections to fill two seats on the Court of The North Pacific (vacated by Abbey Anumia and Sanctaria) are underway. You are encouraged to go to the Elections subforum of the Agora and vote!

4. The procedure for introducing proposals and moving them to vote has changed! The new procedures themselves, as well as a new guide to RA procedure can be found in the Regional Assembly forum.

SillyString’s Silly Advice
RA members should bear in mind that when voting to repeal legislation, every vote must be cast in a different color. Votes which share colors will be discounted with extreme prejudice.

General COE’s Cautionary Words
Vote for the Judicial candidates who you think will best uphold their oath of office. The oath of office can be found pinned in the Delegate’s Government forum.

I like the Weekly Digest! It was a pleasant surprise to find it in my inbox. I feel special now. :D

SillyString:
Blue Wolf has been dismissed as Deputy Deputy Speaker.

I think him for his service.
: Then who will fill the controversial office of Deputy Deputy-Deputy Speaker?

Iro:
Then who will fill the controversial office of Deputy Deputy-Deputy Speaker?
I assure you, the Speaker's Office does not condone frivolity over such a serious matter. Please refer all all questions on the topic to the Undersecretary for Whimsy and Caprice.
His name is Eluvatar; you may be familiar with his previous work.

I second that nomination. IndieGirl, could I be your Deputy Undersecretary for Whimsy and Caprice?

It's my pleasure to present the fourth Regional Assembly Weekly Digest:
(2013-06-07 - 2013-06-14)

Speaker Pro Tempore: Zemnaya Svoboda

No old business this week. :(

1. Recall Punk D: In queue
2. Election Streamlining Bill: Under debate
3. Contempt of Court Bill: Under debate
4. Security Council Reform Bill: Under debate

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Pionera45 and John uppercrest!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Kek. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The Speaker’s Office is deciding whether or not to send RA members text messages about votes through a third party service (you would not receive the Speaker’s phone number and he would not receive yours.) You are asked to vote in the pinned poll in the RA forum on the subject!

SillyString’s Silly Advice
I would like to remind all RA members that their votes may be pre-cast before an election begins, by sending a telegram with the vote to be cast to Zemnaya Svoboda. Remember to tell him not to peek!

General COE’s Cautionary Words
Let us not neglect the duty to legislate amid the chaos of recall season.

Is there a way to do some statistical analysis of the number of new members and the number of exiting members (for whatever reason) by month over the last year and a half or so?

Members of the RA are accepted in this thread (and earlier, this thread and this thread going back to 2010), and when members are removed, admins are notified in this thread. Before May 2012...your guess is as good as mine. Maybe some old threads in Registration and Membership, or somewhere in the archives.

So it's entirely possible to do statistical analysis, yes. The first step would probably be to find the threads you need, pour through those threads and record all the data you need.

(2013-06-14 - 2013-06-21)

Speaker Pro Tempore: Zemnaya Svoboda

1. Recall Punk D: Failed

1. TNP-Balder Security Treaty: Under debate
2. Regional Assembly Rules Amendment Bill: Under debate
3. Speaker Delegation Amendment Bill: Under debate
4. Security Council Reform Bill: Under debate
5. Election Streamlining Bill: Under debate
6. Contempt of Court Bill: Under debate

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Jacorionrandle98, Darcia, and The Centaur Herd!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: D10S, Wahl_Dan_, Zeorus, Alicia DiLaurentis, Gladio, Kingborough, Stersteraved, and Spudd. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The Speaker (General COE) is taking a leave of absence until July 25th, during which he will have no internet access whatsoever, except for a brief period in the second week of July. Until he returns, SillyString will be Acting Speaker. She will exercise all the powers and privileges of the Speaker's Office until his return.

Each unit of punctuation used in a vote increases that vote's weight. Special combos can earn you multipliers, so test different ones to figure them out!

If any of you give SillyString any trouble while I'm gone, I will kick your ass.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Members of the RA are accepted in this thread (and earlier, this thread and this thread going back to 2010), and when members are removed, admins are notified in this thread. Before May 2012...your guess is as good as mine. Maybe some old threads in Registration and Membership, or somewhere in the archives.

So it's entirely possible to do statistical analysis, yes. The first step would probably be to find the threads you need, pour through those threads and record all the data you need.
Thanks.

Perhaps I should have said if there was an 'easy' way to do this. Oh well.

Back