The Speaker's Desk

Regional Assembly Weekly Digest
(2013-06-21 - 2013-06-28)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: General COE
Deputy Speaker: SillyString
Speaker Pro Tempore: Zemnaya Svoboda

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this week.

No old business this week. :(

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. TNP-Balder Security Treaty: Under debate
2. Regional Assembly Rules Amendment Bill: Under debate
3. Cancellation of TNP-Taijitu Treaty: Under debate
4. Security Council Reform Bill: Under debate
5. Election Streamlining Bill: Under debate
6. Speaker Delegation Amendment Bill: Under debate

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to no new Assembly members this week!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Oriole Electronics. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The Speaker (General COE) has begun his leave of absence, leaving SillyString as Acting Speaker. She is currently taking applications for a daisy chain of deputies; apply within!

4. Our beloved deity and administrator Flemingovia has announced his temporary but indefinite leave of absence from the region. We wish him all the best in his RL affairs and will keep the fires burning in his temple until he returns.

5. There are several proposed pieces of legislation in the RA that need a sponsor to clean them up and move them forward. If you are interested in adopting one of these abandoned bills, please contact the Deputy Speaker to be matched up with a new best friend.

SillyString's Silly Advice
The Speaker will look upon a bill much more favorably if it is covered in glitter and signed in very loopy cursive before being submitted. Perfume and lipstick are optional, but highly encouraged.

"General COE's" "Cautionary" "Words"
Everything SillyString says is absolutely and completely true, and you should always follow her excellent advice when navigating the tricky waters of the RA.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

And how about that position of Undersecretary of Whimsy and Caprice? IndieGirl has dibs on that position, and I'd like to be her deputy.

Ash:
And how about that position of Undersecretary of Whimsy and Caprice? IndieGirl has dibs on that position, and I'd like to be her deputy.
Well, I suppose the position has been vacated with the Undersecretary's absence (I refer you to my previous post on the matter for the identity of the office holder)... so I do believe you are correct and IndieGirl is the next in line.

Congratulations, Undersecretary!

However, as the position is one of whimsy and caprice, I also believe the Undersecretary's deputy position would be more accurately called "Secretary". But Indie would probably know better than I, for I am merely silly.

Belschaft:
I understand there is a vacancy in the office of Deputy-Deputy Speaker?
There is indeed, my good sir! And more than that, it may shock you to learn that the position of Deputy Deputy Speaker comes with its very own vacant Deputy Deputy Deputy Speakership for the office-holder to fill! If you are interested, I would encourage you to submit an application detailing your qualifications and what you hope to accomplish in the position. ^_^
I hereby disclaim all responsibility for the potentially murderous rage of any and all returning Speakers when they discover this tomfoolery.

(2013-06-28 - 2013-07-05)

Speaker Pro Tempore: Pasargad

Old Business: Please find below a list of proposals that have passed and failed this week.

No old business this week. :(

New Business: Below can be found a list of proposals currently before the assembly.

1. Security Council Reform Bill: At vote
2. TNP-Balder Security Treaty: Scheduled
3. Regional Assembly Rules Amendment Bill: Formal debate
4. Speaker Delegation Amendment Bill: Formal debate
5. Proposal to Recall Gaspo: Under debate
6. Amendment to Sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the Legal Code: Under debate
7. Cancellation of TNP-Taijitu Treaty: Under debate
8. Election Streamlining Bill: Under debate

Other Business: See below for other matters that may concern you as a member of the RA.

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: schweizweld, Cross, Byakuren Hijiri, and Icamera!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Eluvatar and GanjaFarmer. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. Following Eluvatar’s departure from the RA, IndieGirl has been named as the new Undersecretary for Whimsy and Caprice. Rumor has it she is also taking applications for deputy positions!

4. Many important legislative proposals are still seeking sponsors to help them pass the RA! Perfect projects for anybody, new or old, who wants to roll up their sleeves and start legislating. Inquire with the Deputy Speaker if interested!

5. It has been definitively determined, through dedicated investigative journalism, that the Speaker is a) happy with the performance of the Deputy Speaker; and b) does not feel his position is in any danger from her. He should therefore continue to enjoy his surely very relaxing vacation and not worry one bit about being usurped, or coming back to a glitterless, ruined shell of a legislature. Bon voyage!

SillyString’s Silly Advice
Only government officials may be government officials, or may hold a government office, or may serve in government.

Do not attempt to determine whether or not you are a government official. This is a path that leads only to heartbreak and sorrow.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

Bel: I suggest you speak to Indie, once she takes her constitutionally mandated oath. :)

(2013-07-05 - 2013-07-12)

1. Security Council Reform Bill: Passed

1. TNP-Balder Security Treaty: At Vote
2. Regional Assembly Rules Amendment Bill: Scheduled
3. Speaker Delegation Amendment Bill: Scheduled
4. Proposal to Recall Gaspo: Formal debate
5. Amendment to Sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the Legal Code: Under debate
6. Membership Criteria: Under debate

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly member, Mahaj!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Jacorionrandle98, Livilispis, and Pionera45. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. As many of you may have noticed, we’ve been having a bit of forum trouble lately. We’re back, for now, but ZetaBoards has been suffering from a DDoS attack so we could go down again without much warning. If you’re feeling bored, why not hop on IRC and say hi?

4. The election cycle for Justice and Attorney General has begun! Current candidates for Attorney General are Flemingovia, Blue Wolf, and Iro; candidates for Justice are r3naissanc3r, Romanoffia, Gracius Maximus, Funkadelia, and Malashaan. Nominations will be open until July 13th, and voting opens on the 16th.

It is potentially illegal for any branch of government to use any powers granted to it by the Constibillocode if such use is in accordance with common sense, unless one can preemptively reference an existing court ruling allowing the use of those powers in a nonsensical situation.

Do your job. Do what you think is right. Legalities will work themselves out.

(2013-07-12 - 2013-07-19)

1. TNP-Balder Security Treaty: Passed

1. Regional Assembly Rules Amendment Bill: At vote
2. Speaker Delegation Amendment Bill: At vote
3. Recall of Gaspo as Attorney General: Scheduled
4. Amendment to Sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the Legal Code: Formal debate
5. Number of Bills at Vote: Informal discussion
6. Standing Regional Assembly Procedures: Informal discussion
7. RA Membership Criteria: Informal discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to no new Assembly members this week.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: The Centaur Herd, Scandigrad, Alvino Castillion, Gaspo, Sophistry, and The SCG. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. Judicial elections are humming right along, with voting set to close on July 23rd. Once again, the candidates in this election are Flemingovia, Blue Wolf, and Iro for the Attorney General position, and Malashaan, Funkadelia, r3naissanc3r, Gracius Maximus, and Romanoffia for the three Justice spots. Log on and vote today!

Buy the Speaker flowers, and he’ll count your vote extra times! You get one extra vote per type of flower, with a special multiplier if you can guess his favorite! And remember, it’s not vote buying, it’s vote bartering.

Any of you buy me flowers and I’ll discount your votes from now until the end of time.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest. Livestock is not accepted as valid tender.

The proposal and voting policies were updated today. Legislative proposals no longer require a second to proceed to a vote, and non-legislative proposals now have the potential to move to vote much more rapidly! Hopefully this will reduce confusion. Check out the recent changes here, and let me know if you have questions.

Here's the weekly digest that was sent out last week - the 10th digest. Forgot to post it here...the one for this week will be sent out soon!

(2013-07-19 - 2013-07-26)

1. Speaker Delegation Amendment Bill: Passed
2. Regional Assembly Rules Amendment Bill: Passed

1. Amendment to Sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the Legal Code: At vote
2. Amendments to Chapter 1 of the Legal Code: At vote
3. Mandatory Ministries Bill: Under discussion
4. Addition of Censure to the Legal Code: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to nydna, the newest member of our Regional Assembly!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Booie, Tyler Kazakov, Scumshire, Bulldookey, Abbey Anumia, Mall, John uppercrest, Darcia, Cross, and Kingborough. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. Recent events have convinced my office that further changes need to be made to our discretionary policies about how proposals proceed to a vote. The new RA Rules (see Old Business) will allow me to make some changes I’ve wanted to make for a while now. Stay tuned.

4. I have returned from my leave of absence and resumed my duties as Speaker. My thanks to SillyString for serving as Acting Speaker while I was away.

Always verify that the candidate you are casting a vote for is not a duck by covering them with crude oil and seeing if they can fly.

General COE's Cautionary Words
If you're ever going to run for public office, and you know that you will be gone for a large portion of your term, find yourself a solid deputy. They need to be intelligent, hard-working, innovative, and able to adapt well to unexpected situations. They should be someone you get along with well - if they're going to manage your affairs effectively while you're away, you'll need to spend a good amount of time preparing them for that, and it's not going to go very well if you can't work together. The best deputies are not subordinates, but partners. Be careful, though; you may come to rely on them. Even if you were handling things by yourself before with no problem, it's very easy to become accustomed to your deputy giving you more and more assistance, to the point where you wonder how you ever did it all on your own. I certainly don't know where I would be without mine.

(2013-07-26 - 2013-08-02)

1. Amendments to Chapter 1 of the Legal Code: Passed
2. Amendment to Sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the Legal Code: Passed

1. Mandatory Ministries Bill: Vote Scheduled
2. Omnibus Recall Bill: Formal Debate
3. Addition of Censure to the Legal Code: Under discussion
3. Temporary Hearing Officer Bill: Under Discussion
5. Admission of Jamie to the Security Council: Under discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Abbey Anumia, Anceally, Isidor C. Anumia, King Durk the Awesome, Greater Scientifica, Wairos, Spudd and Laz!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: schweizweld and Icamera. We're sorry to see them go.

3. As I foreshadowed in last week's digest, changes have been made to the proposal and voting procedure. There is now a procedural distinction between legislative proposals (amendments, new laws, etc) and non-legislative amendments (recalls, NPA overrides, etc.) Non-legislative matters have the potential to move much more quickly, and legislative proposals no longer require a second to proceed to vote. Check out the procedures pinned in the RA forum!

4. Have you ever thought about serving in the Speaker's Office, or even becoming Speaker yourself? Wish you could learn more about the office before decided whether to run or not? Telegram or PM the Speaker if you're interested. Observations and training might be made available in the near future.

When hunting wild voters, approach slowly, with caution and a goodly serving of whiskey. If bitten, treat the wound with the whiskey and try again with gin.

There are a number of bills on the floor that will have substantial effects if passed. Be sure to read carefully, so you won't be caught by surprise if laws change.

A clerical error resulted in the Weekly Digest being sent to a few extra nations today. I made the mistake of entering everyone's *forum* name into the recipient list instead of everyone's *nation* name. In some cases, this made no difference. In other cases, it resulted in the Digest being sent to a nation outside TNP. I've rectified the mistake, and all RA members should now have received the Digest in their TNP nation's telegram inbox, albeit somewhat delayed.

It is my pleasure to present the 12th RA Weekly Digest:

(2013-08-02 - 2013-08-09)

No old business this week! :(

1. Mandatory Ministries Bill: At Vote
2. Omnibus Recall Fix Bill: At Vote
3. Admission of Jamie to the Security Council: Scheduled
4. Treaty with Europeia: Formal Debate
5. Addition of Censure to the Legal Code: Under discussion
6. Temporary Hearing Officer Bill: Under Discussion
7. RA Membership Reform Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly member: Solm!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Linkiton and Leekem. We're sorry to see them go.

3. Have you ever thought about serving in the Speaker's Office, or even becoming Speaker yourself? Wish you could learn more about the office before decided whether to run or not? Telegram or PM the Speaker if you're interested. Observations and training might be made available in the near future.

4. The delegate has created a new ministry: Internal Affairs, and appointed Zyvetskistaahn to be the first Minister of Internal Affairs. Congratulations!

If you are not a government official and would like to be, appointing someone to be your deputy works like a charm every time.

Elections are coming up next month for Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Speaker. Start thinking about who you might want to vote for and encourage them to run. Perhaps consider running yourself!

It is my pleasure to present the 13th RA Weekly Digest (sent to RA members by telegram a few hours ago):

(2013-08-09 - 2013-08-16)

1. Omnibus Recall Fix: Passed
2. Mandatory Ministries Bill: Passed
3. Admission of Jamie to the Security Council: Passed

1. Treaty with Europeia: At Vote
2. RA Oath Modification: Under Discussion
3. Membership Administration Amendment Bill: Under Discussion
4. WA Verification Repeal Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly member: Vladivostak!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: IndieGirl, Abstain, New Kervoskia, and Mr. Freeze. We're sorry to see them go.

3. If you're considering running for Speaker next term, or even sometime in the nebulous future, it might serve your campaign well to learn more about the role and receive training on the various tools and widgets that go along with it. Contact the Speaker by Telegram or PM if you're interested!

4. Remember that elections for Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Speaker begin in September! It's definitely not too early to start getting your ducks in a row if you're planning on making a run for any of the offices.

Thanks to recent amendments, nations with pink and purple flags are now exempt from the Constibillocode in all circumstances as long as they solemnly swear to engage in nonfeasance, malfeasance, and misfeasance whenever not being watched by a turtle.

Certain types of turtles are dangerous and aggressive. Keep a safe distance if you're partial to your fingers and toes.

I believe you accidentally unpinned this thread during what looks like a cleanup of the pinned threads in the RA. Just a heads-up.

I did that on purpose cause there are a bunch of pinned threads in this forum. I might re-pin it. But I should think that the speaker would post often enough to keep it near the top and being read anyway.

Ironically, I think the huge number of pinned threads actually makes a pinned thread less likely to be read than an unpinned thread. Cause people are used to scrolling past them, and don't check to see if there are new posts.

It is my pleasure to present the 14th RA Weekly Digest:

(2013-08-16 - 2013-08-23)

1. Treaty with Europeia: Passed

1. Recall Tim: At Vote
2. WA Verification Repeal Bill: Formal Debate
3. Temporary Hearing Officers Bill: Under discussion
4. Membership Administration Bill: Under Discussion
5. RA Membership Reform Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly member: Windy!

2. No members were removed from the RA this week! Hooray!

3. If you are considering running for Speaker next term, or even sometime in the nebulous future, it might serve your campaign well to learn more about the role and receive training on the various tools and widgets that go along with it. Contact the Speaker by Telegram or PM if you are interested!

4. Nominations for Delegate, Vice Delegate and Speaker will begin in just over a week! Start thinking seriously about who you might want to nominate, or whether you might want to run yourself...

If you oppose something, the best way to demonstrate that is by proclaiming your support for it loudly and often.

If you think a vote is a waste of time, please don't waste my time by casting a vote that you know will be discounted for irregularity. The voting rules are simple: vote aye, nay or abstain. Anything else makes extra work for me, just cause you felt like being a dumbass that day.

Sorry for the lateness of this one, folks - COE's had a busy weekend.

(2013-08-23 - 2013-08-30)

1. Recall Tim: Failed
2. WA Verification Repeal Bill: Passed

1. Recall Blue Wolf: At Vote
2. Admission of mcmasterdonia to the Security Council: At Vote
3. Membership Administration Bill: Formal Debate
4. Constitutional Repunctuation: Under Discussion
5. Attorney General Omnibus Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly member: Emperor Lane Hardie!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Anceally and Greater Scientifica. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The election cycle for Delegate, Vice Delegate and Speaker begin on the first of September! If you’re planning to run, make sure you declare your candidacy and post a campaign thread to help convince people to vote for you.

4. If the motion to recall Blue Wolf passes the Assembly, a Special Election for the position of Attorney General will be called - if that’s a position that intrigues you, start thinking about whether you want to run!

If you don’t know who to vote for, you should under no circumstances submit Eluvatar, Regional Turtle as a write-in vote. That would be utterly unacceptable and wrong. I mean it!

Even if you’re not planning to run in this round of elections, paying attention to the election subforum and particularly to the candidates’ campaign threads will help you to make an informed choice when you cast your vote.

spk-seal.png
As the delegate is not available, it falls to me to administer the special election for Attorney General, per the Legal Code, Section 4.6, Clause 19. I hereby delegate that duty to my deputy, SillyString, by the power vested in me by Article 2, Clause 8 of the Constitution.

I will carry out this enormous responsibility with the utmost care!
salute.gif

...I'll be very careful not to get caught breaking all the rules...

Just out of curiosity - is RA membership removed the instant someone's nation ceases to exist or do you allow someone time to revive their TNP nation, assuming it is done within a reasonable period of time?

A member whose TNP nation ceases to exist is removed "promptly" per the legal code. We don't allow a grace period, but remove them as soon as we notice and we have the time to do the paperwork on them. :P

The latest edition of the Weekly Digest was sent by telegram to RA members on Saturday. It is my pleasure to present the 17th RA Weekly Digest:

(2013-09-06 - 2013-09-13)

1. Membership Administration Bill: Passed

1. Override the Veto of the World Assembly Verification Repeal Bill: At Vote
2. Attorney General Omnibus Bill: Formal Debate
3. Temporary Hearing Officers Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: mysteron, Wardoger, SE1, and Credemus!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Windy, Isidor C. Anumia, and Emperor Lane Hardie. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. Voting is open in both the general election for Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Speaker, and the special election for Attorney General! Voting in the general election will close on the 18th, and the special election will close on the 16th. Be sure to vote before it's too late!

Always vote your conscience. If you don't have a conscience, vote your heart; if you don't have a heart, vote your pineal gland. If you don’t have a pineal gland, please file a complaint with the soon-to-be-elected attorney general regarding unauthorized abduction of organs, and report promptly to the nearest hospital for treatment.

Always carry water in the RA chambers. The heat is on, and dehydration is a serious concern.

spk-seal.png

As her position no longer exists, it becomes my duty as Speaker to dismiss Former English Colony (AKA Erastide) from the position of Registrar, which she has held these past eight months. Thank you for your service, FEC.

Crushing Our Enemies:
A member whose TNP nation ceases to exist is removed "promptly" per the legal code. We don't allow a grace period, but remove them as soon as we notice and we have the time to do the paperwork on them. :P
59 days ago: General COE was refounded.
59 days ago: General COE ceased to exist.

I guess you didn't have time to do the paperwork. :lol: As long as the law is applied fairly and equally, I have no issue with it. People are sometimes removed when they are right there on IRC or even on the forum and could have been reminded gently to revive their nation. Flemingovia and Scarpanto are names that come to mind (possibly before your time though)

That lapse in my nation happened during my Leave of Absence, when all of my duties were delegated to the Acting Speaker, including the duty to remove members from the rolls.

It is the general policy of the Speaker's Office that if we do not notice that a member is out of compliance with membership policies until after they have brought themselves back into compliance, they will not be removed from the rolls.

For example, in recent weeks, two members failed to meet the voting requirements for a couple of days, but before the Speaker's Office noticed, they resumed normal voting behavior, and there was, therefore, no cause to remove them. Similarly, my nation ceased to exist and was revived before the Acting Speaker noticed. This sort of thing is infrequent, but not unheard of. Mine is only one of a number of cases in which a member came back into compliance with membership requirements before the Speaker's Office noticed they were in violation.

The law is being applied fairly and equally. My case was treated no differently than any other member's would.

(2013-09-13 - 2013-09-21)

Deputy Speaker: Zyvetskistaahn

1. Override of the Delegate’s Veto of the World Assembly Verification Bill: Passed
2. Attorney General Omnibus Bill: Passed

1. Temporary Hearing Officers Bill: Under Discussion
2. Constitutional Repunctuation: Under Discussion
3. Oaths Amendment Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Chmguy88, RepublicOfTrebinje, and Alfiswen!

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Funkadelia. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The general election and special election have both concluded. Congratulations to Punk D, the new Attorney General, McMasterdonia, the once and future delegate, Sanctaria, the Vice Delegate, and to General COE, the immovable speaker.

4. For the new term, the Speaker’s Office is seeking new deputies who might be interested in running for election in January. Applications for one or two positions are currently being accepted, so apply soon if you’re interested! Congratulations to the first new member of the team - Zyvetskistaahn, also known as Zyvetlongname.

5. As a note to all members of the RA who are a fan of this publication, its issuance has been permanently moved from Fridays to Saturdays. We assure you, it shall remain of only the highest quality.

6. A special election for the office of Justice has begun following Funkadelia’s removal from the Regional Assembly. Nominations last until the 26th, and voting will begin on the 27th. If you wish to run, be sure to declare your candidacy in the nominations thread.

7. The Deputy Speakers wish a very fond happy birthday to the Speaker, and will certainly be celebrating the occasion with an excess of glitter, absurdity, and other forms of gross misconduct.

Zyvetskistaahn Presents: Long Names
My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. Grosseschnauzer is longer.

If you have an eye for silliness and general absurdity, run for justice!

You should be very nervous when judges are getting elected.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

I feel like a complete idiot for asking, but it's now been two weeks since the RA passed the dissolution of the Osiris Treaty

The criminal code, chapter 1 of the legal code, section 1.1, on treason, subparagraph 4, states:
4. At this time, there are no regions or organizations at war with TNP. At this time TNP is allied with Stargate, the South Pacific, Taijitu, International Democratic Union, Osiris, Equilism, Balder and Europeia.
Whereas subparagraph 5 of the same section states:
5. The Speaker will update the preceding clause as appropriate.
Will the Speaker update the legal code accordingly?

This is a reminder to all RA members that if you want to see the correct time stamps on votes, make sure you've adjusted your board settings properly for the end of daylight savings time (if you're in an area affected by it.)

spk-seal.png
I have been speaker for close to 11 months, now, and I am about halfway through my third term. I am finding that 11 months is just about long enough to be doing any one thing in this game, and I believe it's high time some fresh blood and new ideas came into this office. I'm being honest when I say I've enjoyed my time as Speaker. You guys make me crazy sometimes, but it's been a real pleasure and an honor to be your Speaker.

When I decided to run for Justice, I considered heavily if I was willing to leave the Speaker's Office and force a special election to take my place. I decided it was worth it, because I really feel that I can serve the region more effectively on the bench. I have built a model that I hope future Speakers will follow, and modify to suit their styles. I have decided that even if I am not elected Justice, it is still time for a change around here. TNP deserves a fresh set of legs in this office, and a new style of leadership.

I hereby resign the office of Speaker.

(2013-10-12 - 2013-11-10)

Acting Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Zyvetskistaahn

1.Motion to uphold the rejection of Trieze_Dreizehn: Passed
2.Motion to grant Eluvatar exception to the RA Membership requirement of the Security Council: Failed
3.Officials Amendment Bill: Passed
4.Oaths Amendment Bill: Passed

1. Admission of Lennart to the Security Council: At Vote
2. Security Council Amendment Bill: Under Discussion
3. Europeia Treaty Implementation Bill: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Aphitc, schweizweld, Maxdresser, murdock213, Johz, Kistonelle, Eluvatar, T.HE.S.MA, Nino Syahputra, Jack Holland and newmist.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Venico, Daniel S, RepublicofTrebinje, Mysteron, Wilkshire, chmguy88, Zolonya, Solm, America2025, Scandovia, Quadrimmina, Voronia and Shadowminister. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. Following the resignation of Crushing Our Enemies, a special election for the office of Speaker has begun. Fear not, however! The Speaker’s Office shall be maintained by his deputies until a new Speaker is in place.

4. The nominations for the Judicial election, which includes the Attorney General and three Justice positions, have closed. Voting will begin shortly before the scheduled debate between Leekem and Kiwi, the candidates for Attorney General, which will be held this evening. Remember: vote early, vote often, and vote for a tie.

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. Allthegoodnamesareused is longer.

The best way to welcome a new Speaker is to play lots of pranks - glittertacks on their chair, whipped cream in their shoes, and especially buckets of blue paint poised precariously over the door to their office. Without such expressions of love, a Speaker is likely to feel underappreciated.

General COE's Final Cautionary Words
Treat the next Speaker nicely - not everyone is as patient with your shenanigans as I am.

You are receiving this telegram because you are a member of the Regional Assembly of The North Pacific. Please inform the Speaker or a Deputy Speaker if you wish to stop receiving the Weekly Digest.

(2013-11-17 - 2013-11-24)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Zyvetskistaahn

1. Admission of Lennart to the Security Council: Passed

1. Security Council Amendment Bill: At Vote

2. Election Law Reform: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: ManarchyintheUK, MMS, Isolated Galitia, Semitica, Wintervenom, Corinair and Abacathea.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: r3naissanc3r, Mall, Prussia and murdock213. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The special election for Speaker has concluded, with Zyvetskistaahn scraping out a victory of 18-17 over Democratic Donkeys. Congratulations to Zyvet, and thanks to DD for a well-fought race.

4. The Speaker’s Office is in search of a new deputy! Any RA member who wishes to be considered should get in contact with Zyvetskistaahn or SillyString.

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. HyperactiveBlinker is longer.

Try not to read legislation before you vote on it. Reading can muddy up the mind and confuse the thoughts, preventing the absolute clarity and certainty any good legislator relies upon.

(2013-11-24 - 2013-12-01)

Speaker of the Regional Assembly: Zyvetskistaahn

1. Security Council Amendment Bill: Passed

1. Election Law Reform: Under Discussion

2. Security Council Reform: Under Discussion

1. We extend a warm welcome to our newest Assembly members: Guy, r3naissanc3r and Cerma.

2. We bid a fond farewell to those who have left us: Vladivostak and Alfiswen. We’re sorry to see them go.

3. The Speaker’s Office is still accepting applications for deputy! Any RA member who wishes to be considered should get in contact with Zyvetskistaahn or SillyString.

My name is fourteen letters long, but it's not the longest name ever. EdenAwesomeness is longer.

If you’re legislating while in the RA, you’re doing it wrong! RA members should confine themselves to proposing and voting on recalls of government officials.

As I'm sure some of you have seen from this week's Digest, I am stepping down as Deputy Speaker. It has been a pleasure to serve the RA for the past two terms, but I think eight months in one position is quite enough for anyone.

I am confident that Zyvet and Bootsie will make a phenomenal pair no matter who wins the Speaker election, and both have my full support.

Cheers!

Parties interested in a betting pool regarding when the next Speaker burns out and resigns are advised to contact [me] by private message :noangel:

Back