The Speaker's Desk

thank you, he was 88, suffered badly from dementia and had been very ill for some time, so his death was anticipated. It does not make it less of a sadness, but it makes it easier to accept.

flemingovia:
thank you, he was 88, suffered badly from dementia and had been very ill for some time, so his death was anticipated. It does not make it less of a sadness, but it makes it easier to accept.
:hug: take all the time you need Flem.

At long last, the RA roster has been updated.

The following members, having been formally accepted into the RA, have been added to the rolls:

Bokeryville
PRMH
Crushing Our Enemies
Nazerin
Unicarion North Pacific
Repofstates
Sanctaria
Richalpoaz
Oriole Electronics
phantom887
Quadrimmina
Samaria and Judea
Khazahkistan
Zeorus
Karpathos
Ator People
Newmist
Kostemetsia
Grimalkin
Rice Nation

The following members have been removed from the rolls for failure to log into the forum for 30 days:

John2845
Masanmay
Jack Dixie
Mavis
Kyle Keeling
Khan
James Martin
peoples empire
ryanchua94
Moosemenland
tear151
Seomis
PRMH

The following members of the RA have no nation of record in The North Pacific. I recognize that they may have changed their nation of record by private message with a previous speaker. Unfortunately, any such changes have not been reflected in the RA Membership Roster, and there’s no real way to tell if they are supposed to be in the RA or not. Thus, I will allow them three days to update their membership record in the appropriate thread, before they are removed from the RA:

Lennart
Bryan von Richthofen
Gulliver
Unibot
Camwood
Haor Chall
Richalpoaz

My successors had better not screw this up.

Crushing Our Enemies:
The following members of the RA have no nation of record in The North Pacific [...]

Lennart

My only Nation left in TNP is now Ehlnar, that's also my WA nation at the moment.

Lennart:
Crushing Our Enemies:
The following members of the RA have no nation of record in The North Pacific [...]

Lennart

My only Nation left in TNP is now Ehlnar, that's also my WA nation at the moment.
I've updated you on the RA list, but in the interest of good record-keeping, would you mind posting that in this thread as well?

Crushing Our Enemies:
Lennart:
Crushing Our Enemies:

Lennart

I've updated you on the RA list, but in the interest of good record-keeping, would you mind posting that in this thread as well?
of course, thank you!

Gulliver has indicated that his lapsing nation was not a clerical error, but that he, in fact, has no nation in TNP. As such, he has been removed from the roster.

I am pleased to name Abstain to the office of Deputy Speaker! I will endeavor to keep the Assembly apprised of any period of time when he will be executing the duties of the Speaker in my absence.

Welcome Abstain!

The following is adopted as the official seal of the Office of the Speaker:
spk-seal.png

The motto is "Obsera os tuum - loquor," which translated into English means "Shut your mouth - I'm speaking."

The following nations have been removed from the RA for failing to maintain a nation in The North Pacific:

Unibot
Camwood
Haor Chall
Richalpoaz

spk-seal.png

After consultation with the remaining candidates, I have made a decision regarding who to nominate for registrar.

Please join me in welcoming Former English Colony to her new position as Registrar of Confidential Puppets!

spk-seal.png

The following members have been removed from the Regional Assembly for failure to maintain a nation in The North Pacific:

Nazerin
Quadrimmina

spk-seal.png

ATTENTION ALL REGIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBERS

We now have a Registrar of Confidential Puppets, Former English Colony, and all members are required to send her a list of any nations you control that may attain World Assembly membership before they do so. Furthermore, if you are on this list, you must comply with the Registrar's directions in that post.

On February 10th, at 03:00 GMT, any members who are not in compliance with the above may be subject to the permanent removal of their RA voting privileges for violating their oath.

Legal Code Chapter 6:
4. Applicants must swear an oath, as follows:
Code:
[nation]TNP Nation[/nation]
[nation]WA Nation[/nation]

I, [forum user name], leader of The North Pacific nation of (your TNP nation's name), pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.
Legal Code Chapter 6:
Section 6.2: RA WA Verification and Confidentiality Act

11. The Speaker will designate a person who is not involved in any military operations to be the registrar of confidential puppets.
12. Assembly members with a World Assembly nation must inform the registrar of any nation of theirs which may attain World Assembly membership before it does so.
13. Unless granted permission otherwise by the Assembly member in question, if the registrar is informed of possible future World Assembly nations the registrar will keep that information in confidence and will not share it with anyone on pain of a minimum three months ban from the region unless the registrar observes such a nation waging war against the North Pacific.
14. The registrar will not inform their successor of confidential potential World Assembly nations; they may only report which Assembly Members have submitted such lists.

I'm glad I'm don't have a mobile WA at the moment, because I'd be losing my voting rights.

Crushing Our Enemies:
On February 10th, at 03:00 GMT, any members who are not in compliance with the above may be subject to the permanent removal of their RA voting privileges for violating their oath.
To clarify, I do not have to power to unilaterally remove voting privileges for Oath violations. I will, however, be promptly requesting indictments from the AG's office for members found to be non-compliant with 6.2 after the deadline.

I'd ask the Speaker to please send a telegram to all nations requesting their compliance with Section 6.2 prior to bringing forth any such requests to this office on or about Feb. 10th.

Because there was no registrar for ages, my office would need to demonstrate people clearly and intentionally ignored this statute.

I would suspect that 2 weeks' notice, during which they could not be bothered to visit the forums, might constitute sufficient notice as to justify a finding of intent. I can't say conclusively, obviously, and I would be most interested in hearing arguments to the contrary.

punk d:
I'd ask the Speaker to please send a telegram to all nations requesting their compliance with Section 6.2 prior to bringing forth any such requests to this office on or about Feb. 10th.

Because there was no registrar for ages, my office would need to demonstrate people clearly and intentionally ignored this statute.
A telegram will go out to every member of the RA in due course.

You've been doing a good job, COE.

----glad I checked this thread too...need to send in my WA nation to the registrar.

spk-seal.png

Kostemetsia has been removed from the RA because his TNP nation has ceased to exist.

EDIT: Repofstates has also been removed, and for the same reason.

DRUK has been removed from the RA for failure to maintain a nation in TNP.

EDIT: Also, Rice Nation has been removed for forum inactivity.

Back