Regional Assembly Membership Applications

This thread is now deprecated. Please visit the new Citizenship Application thread here.

Welcome to The North Pacific. We highly recommend you apply for membership in the Regional Assembly. Members of this body can:
  • Vote in elections;
  • Hold public office;
  • Debate and vote on legislation;
  • File court cases;
  • And much more.
Step 1: Meet the requirements
Membership in the Regional Assembly does not require WA membership, but you must meet the following requirements:
  • You must have a nation in The North Pacific;
  • You must not have more than one account on this forum (Administrators may grant exemptions under special circumstances);
  • You must not use a proxy server;
  • You must not pose a threat to regional security, as determined by the Vice Delegate.
Step 2: Take the oath
Fill in and post the following application:
I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of [INSERT YOUR TNP NATION], pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.
You can view the criminal code you are promising to obey HERE.

When registering for the Regional Assembly, one has to refer to their actual nation WITHOUT PREFIXES OF ANY SORT (i.e. the nation name you type in when logging on to NS).
Basically, either:
1. A link to your nation on NS (the tag helps),
2. Referring to your nation by its name itself (for example, Olvern instead of The Republic of Olvern in the registration post), is NECESSARY for the Speaker's Office to process your application. This rule will be enforced strictly by myself.

Step 3: Participate in the region
Most of the time, your application will be approved within a few days. When this happens, you will be placed in a usergroup that allows you to post in forums set aside for the Regional Assembly. You are allowed to vote in any voting thread that begins AFTER you are admitted. Please note that to stay a member of the Regional Assembly, you must log into the forum every so often, maintain a nation in The North Pacific, and vote on matters before the Regional Assembly from time to time. For more details on these membership requirements, ask the Speaker or consult the Legal Code (chapter 6).

Step 4: Update your membership record as necessary
You must post in this thread if:
  • Your TNP Nation changes;
  • You want to resign from the Regional Assembly.
If you have any questions, ask the Speaker or their designated deputy. They will be more than happy to help you get started.

Enjoy your time in The North Pacific!

Try to keep all off-topic posts out of this topic. It will help streamline the process.

For reference, quoted below is the section of the Legal Code covering Regional Assembly Membership Applications.
Legal Code:
Section 6.1: Regional Assembly Membership Act
2. Any person with an account on the regional forum and a nation in The North Pacific may apply for Regional Assembly membership, using their regional forum account, by providing the name of their nation in The North Pacific, and swearing an oath as follows:
I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of [INSERT YOUR TNP NATION], pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.
3. A copy of the laws applicants are pledging to obey must be available to them at all times.
4. An application for Regional Assembly membership ceases to be valid if at any time the applicant's declared nation in The North Pacific nation is not located in The North Pacific.
5. Forum administration will have 14 days to evaluate Regional Assembly applicants and verify that they are not using a proxy or evading a judicially-imposed penalty.The Vice Delegate will have 3 days to perform a security assessment of the applicant. All security assessments will be performed in consultation with the Security Council, and in accordance with all laws of The North Pacific.
6. The Speaker will reject applicants who fail an evaluation by either forum administration or the Vice Delegate.
7. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by the Vice Delegate, the Regional Assembly will immediately hold a majority vote on whether to uphold the rejection.
8. The Regional Assembly may overturn a previous decision to uphold the rejection of an applicant by majority vote.
9. The Speaker will accept all other applicants with valid applications.
10. The Speaker will process applications within 14 days. If an applicant has not been accepted or rejected within that time, they will be automatically accepted to the Regional Assembly.
11. Regional Assembly members may not vote in any vote which began before they were last admitted.
12. The Speaker will maintain a publicly viewable roster of Regional Assembly members.
13. The Speaker will promptly remove any Regional Assembly members whose removal is ordered by the Court, or whose nation in The North Pacific leaves or ceases to exist.
14. The Speaker's office will promptly remove any Regional Assembly members who fail to log in to the North Pacific forum for over 30 consecutive days; or who have not voted for 20 consecutive days and have missed four consecutive Regional Assembly votes to enact, amend or repeal laws, as determined by the time they closed.
15. Regional Assembly members that have submitted a notice of absence, in accordance with any regulations set by the Speaker, shall be exempt from the provisions of the above clause for the stated duration of their absence.

Hushland
Hushland

I, Hushland, leader of The North Pacific nation of The Constitucional Monarchy of Hushland pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Hushland:
The Constitucional Monarchy of Hushland
I don't have a WA nation or any other nations.

I, Hushland, leader of The North Pacific nation of The Constitucional Monarchy of Hushland, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific
You already applied :tb2:

TheGrandNagus, GMLP and Drop Your pants are hereby admitted and should be remasked.

Libyan Islands appears to no longer be in TNP.

I'm pretty sure Belschaft is in the UDL and could very well have a WA nation right now. I'm going to contact him and get him to fill register his switchers.

osete13 needs a security check.

Oriole Electronics
WA Nation -None
I have no switchers, I generally take no part in the WA or NS raiding/defending stuff.

I, Oriole Electronics (OE), leader of The North Pacific nation of Oriole Electronics, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

West Erinalba
West Erinalba

I, J. Saor, leader of The North Pacic nation of West Erinalba, pledge loyalty to the region, to.abide by its laws, and act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in the North Pacific. I pledge no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges , permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

MadhouseMike
Punk Reloaded

I, Punk D, leader of The North Pacific nation of MadhouseMike, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Hello friends... :hug:

Dockport
Camian WA Mission

I, Camwood, leader of The North Pacific nation of (your TNP nation's name), pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Belschaft, punk d and Camwood's apps are good. I'm going to need security checks. Probably should go off to find some admins.

Sorry, folks.
I have been busy catching up on a lot of RL things since completing a project annual deadline on Thursday. I have mostly been afk from the forums and NS this whole weekend, and I'll get to this stuff tomorrow.

Since flem has been posting, he could help with this. And we'll have to wait and see when we'll hear from Ator again, since he's making an international move as I understand it.

Ravania Aquilonia
Hexen (changes every day)

I, Ravania, leader of The North Pacific nation of Ravania Aquilonia, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Belschaft, punk d, Camwood, Oriole Electronics and Saor are all hereby admitted and should be remasked.

Ravania's application is good. I'd like a security check. If it's good they're admitted and should be remasked.

dovid
I don't have a WA nation

I, dovid, leader of the north pacific nation Dovid,pledge loyalty to the region. To abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in the north pacific? I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the north pacific.I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the speaker for membership in the regional assembly of the north pacific.

Eluvatar:
Why the question marks?
That was a mistake on my own part. I typed that post on a IPad and I guess I was typing question marks instead of periods. Went back and fixed it, though.

Rangel11
Rangel11

I, Tom Lionpride, leader of The North Pacific nation of Rangel11, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Vrtbovska zahrada

I, leader of The North Pacific nation of Vrtbovska zahrada, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Sexy Cars
Colonel Dravkoskhy

I, Mahaj, leader of The North Pacific nation of Sexy Cars, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Vrtbovska Zahrada, am I to understand you have no WA?

And Mahaj, Mahaj WA seat does not appear to be in the WA.

Flem's post upthread is a little confusing, I assume he is referring to Dovid, and that Flem has done all of the necessary checks.

Which means he needs to be accepted so we can remask, and that Tom Lionpride. Vrtbovska Zahrada, Mahaj. need checks. I'll try to do those before I fall asleep.

Everything seems to be in order. If I'm not mistaken, that you're a TNP citizen means you've already been security checked and I can admit you immediately I am told that's registered citizens (apparently) so I would like to ask the admins for a security check.

Sikarraxet

I, Sikarraxet, leader of The North Pacific nation of Sikarraxet, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific

Cormac A Stark
Nicholas Remington

I, Cormac Stark, leader of The North Pacific nation of Cormac A Stark, pledge loyalty to the region, to abide by its laws, and to act as a responsible member of its society. I pledge to only register one Nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may immediately lose my voting privileges, permanently. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Back