OOC: The Rise of the National Sonacist Party

Oh dear, I suspect I shall be upsetting Syrixia... I won't say why but I will give you a hint: Cockleshell Heroes.

It seems you didn't read my post. I said the pointless, inane chatter stops.

Have an hour break.

Syrixia, if your empire has more than 500k active soldiers I'm filing a violation of your treaty with the NPTO. Also in MT we have no such things as "AI solders"

plembobria:
Syrixia, if your empire has more than 500k active soldiers I'm filing a violation of your treaty with the NPTO. Also in MT we have no such things as "AI solders"
Can we just make the 500k soldiers part non-canon? The whole Rhuvanland protectorate incident occurred when I was still somewhat new, and Syrixia is currently a practical, upstanding, noncrazy member of the international community. Plus I find it rather rude and moddy for people who aren't me to say how big any of my stats are when the stat in question is realistically feasible. People who aren't me shouldn't restrict me in TNP RP unless they have the authority to do so, such as the RP Mods. :headbang:

Leave me and my stats alone! :cry: :no: :mad:

Syrixia:
plembobria:
Can we just make the 500k soldiers part non-canon? The whole Rhuvanland protectorate incident occurred when I was still somewhat new, and Syrixia is currently a practical, upstanding, noncrazy member of the international community. Plus I find it rather rude and moddy for people who aren't me to say how big any of my stats are when the stat in question is realistically feasible. People who aren't me shouldn't restrict me in TNP RP unless they have the authority to do so, such as the RP Mods. :headbang:

It's not an issue of modding you. It is completely IC. The government of Plembobria fears Syrixian militarism, and therefore tries to disarm it. There are no objections to the realism of your army size. The objections are IC and political.

plembobria:
Syrixia:
plembobria:

It's not an issue of modding you. It is completely IC. The government of Plembobria fears Syrixian militarism, and therefore tries to disarm it. There are no objections to the realism of your army size. The objections are IC and political.
And yet you let just as militaristic nations such as Kannex who did just as much in the situation sit back and relax with 1,000,000 soldiers? The Kumar government has shown willingness to cooperate with the international community and wipe away the transgressions committed under the previous government. Syrixia until Kumar's taking office was still newly restored as a constitutional monarchy and only now has just gotten stable with a democracy. If the worries are IC, then I think by now, after 2 years in office, (Kumar took office on January 29, 2014 canonically speaking) you'd feel slightly better about the situation.

I'd like to see this treaty repealed and Syrixia added as a full and regular member. Or, alternatively, since the NPTO is utterly frozen and inactive, we could: 1) Try to revive it and do the previously suggested option, or 2) Just dissolve it.

I'd like to point out that the reason the NPTO is out for the count is the fact that I'm down for the count on being to access or do anything within the NPTO forums.

Syrixia:
plembobria:
Syrixia:
plembobria:

And yet you let just as militaristic nations such as Kannex who did just as much in the situation sit back and relax with 1,000,000 soldiers? The Kumar government has shown willingness to cooperate with the international community and wipe away the transgressions committed under the previous government. Syrixia until Kumar's taking office was still newly restored as a constitutional monarchy and only now has just gotten stable with a democracy. If the worries are IC, then I think by now, after 2 years in office, (Kumar took office on January 29, 2014 canonically speaking) you'd feel slightly better about the situation.

I'd like to see this treaty repealed and Syrixia added as a full and regular member. Or, alternatively, since the NPTO is utterly frozen and inactive, we could: 1) Try to revive it and do the previously suggested option, or 2) Just dissolve it.
We are quite far from gaining the political capital to disarm Kannex.

I'd like to point out that this is still off topic. >_>

I wasn't joking nor being a dick to Yeraennus. It was a matter of clarification.

Syrixia:
dubbed the BLW, or bundesluftwaffe,

No... it should be called the Reichsluftwaffe. Bundesluftwaffe literally means "federal air force" and applies only to the modern-day Federal Republic (Bundesrepublik) of Germany. "Reich" was the more general prefix for "national" in the Nazi days and earlier.

At any rate, can we retcon Rhuvanland's population to something way above the current population of the New York Tri-State area? Eleven million is embarrassing. If you had told me Rhuvanland had 11 million folks, I would've enslaved Rhuvanland long ago...

Kannex:
I wasn't joking nor being a dick to Yeraennus. It was a matter of clarification.
I just want to point out that the message was dickish, but you're manner of going about it and how you stated it was.

Anyways, that's all I have to say on that. On to being on-topic.

I think, after this, the NPTO might get a shot in the arm and revived.

Also my referring to the Cockleshell Heroes is relevant since its a part of our strategy.

Syrixia:
I'm gonna in a bit when I get home. I plan to have Amelia locked up in a prison in the bunker below the Chancellery.

Hint: you'll be seeing more of this bunker later.
I thought the plan was to let Amelia go so she could continue on her travels in my RP. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for her father to allow her to continue on her tour of the region. I never agreed to letting her be locked up.

Letting a lone princess, the heir to the kingdom, travel around is not a good idea in the first place...

At any rate I plan on posting sometime tomorrow... something to Caesar, I dunno.

Esplandia:
Syrixia:
I'm gonna in a bit when I get home. I plan to have Amelia locked up in a prison in the bunker below the Chancellery.

Hint: you'll be seeing more of this bunker later.
I thought the plan was to let Amelia go so she could continue on her travels in my RP. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense for her father to allow her to continue on her tour of the region. I never agreed to letting her be locked up.
Oh crap, right. I forgot. :P

Close enough pffft. Entering implies both a present and future context and all that silly stuff.

Also I want to do things with graphene. It's such an interesting material.

The Grim Reaper:
"But we cannot simply withdraw the fleet," Schlother spoke, sitting in the chair opposite Franck in the latter's office. He had just finished his discussion with the Latinate Caesar.

wot
This. Did you two ever do that? I don't remember seeing it. :eyebrow:

The Grim Reaper:
"But we cannot simply withdraw the fleet," Schlother spoke, sitting in the chair opposite Franck in the latter's office. He had just finished his discussion with the Latinate Caesar.

wot
It's after we've had our discussion. Assuming Schlother doesn't die of a heart attack over the phone with Caesar, he should be still alive in time to be in Franck's office.

I'm using time skips because I don't like creating any more characters than necessary.

Are you sending the fleet to attack Shei Ren? Because that's how you piss off the PDT, and when that happens, the K'ters win Althafen.

A bunch of mafiosos with sawn-off shotguns versus foreign-trained professional soldiers with automatic rifles, tanks, and air support, hm...

Where did you get the idea that my mafiosos were anywhere near untrained? They may not be Professional Soldier level, but they know urban combat and guerrilla fighting much better and are funded by the government of Yeraennus. They're not gonna have shite weapons. They're professional. Keep in mind there are real soldiers poised to attack when I say so right outside your borders.

Yeraennus:
Where did you get the idea that my mafiosos were anywhere near untrained? They may not be Professional Soldier level, but they know urban combat and guerrilla fighting much better and are funded by the government of Yeraennus. They're not gonna have shite weapons. They're professional. Keep in mind there are real soldiers poised to attack when I say so right outside your borders.
I was referring to the Shei Ren mafiosos, but now that you mention it...

A bunch of operatives who can't even fight off mafiosos with sawn-off shotguns, in conjunction with those very same mafiosos, versus foreign-trained professional soldiers with automatic rifles, tanks, and air support, hm...

You don't have any 'real soldiers' poised to attack. You have a post detailing you sent the troops, which are en route; now there's the problem of actually getting to Rhuvish territory. Do you want to come from the north? So you land in uncharted territory (if you land in Pelhafor, you get a different war), march all the way to Rhuvish land borders, and along the way extending your supply lines to an unbearable length, all the while vulnerable to the terrain and to Rhuvish guerrillas. (The only reason I haven't posted such is because you haven't mentioned choosing this route). On the other hand, you can attack from the sea. So you still have to sail all the way from your country to the Phoenix Strait, win naval superiority, and then you might be able say, yes, you have troops poised to attack Rhuvanland.

As Ceretis said, logistics is key.

Yeraennus:
Are you sending the fleet to attack Shei Ren? Because that's how you piss off the PDT, and when that happens, the K'ters win Althafen.
Wellll crap. The PDT is fucked now, isn't it.

If Kannex follows through, maybe. Oooor, you can get help from us, for a small share of your section of the market and maybe a nominal annual fee ;)

@Kannex, Errr... I posted that essentially a week ago. Assuming even the long way around, any decent speed watercraft capable of transporting a large number of troops could get there in that time. A major portion of your fleet is en route elsewhere, which means naval superiority isn't as much of a deal, if I went that route. If I went the land route, ignoring supply chains for now, my soldiers would be extremely well equipped to deal with it, seeing as most of their country is a massive WILDERNESS. Or, assuming Bootsie lets us land in Guslantis, as Grim is asking right now, Supply chains are meh and the Yeraenn are still specialized in guerrilla combat.

You're going to have to understand that RL time doesn't correlate with RP time.

Naval superiority is a huge freaking deal, unless you want your soldiers fighting at the bottom of the ocean floor... without diving gear. A major portion of the Rhuvish Kriegsmarine is headed towards Shei Ren; that fleet should be in the Phoenix Strait right now and ready to intercept Yeraenn forces. And naturally there are forces held in reserve.

You're welcome to try to build impromptu railroads through all that land, which may have mountainous and forest regions... at any rate, a long supply line is never good; you will be trudging -- or if you're lucky -- driving overland through unfriendly territory with little hope of resupply. And specialization in guerrilla warfare doesn't mean jack when you aren't fighting a guerrilla war. You don't have the support of the locals nor knowledge of the local terrain.

Choose one or the other; it won't do you any good now.

Syr:
"Trading for you? Hah. That would be ridiculous!" Ulrich replied. "You're here on that very same trip. Please, do enjoy our country. I was wondering if you would want to trade your captive for the entire roster of passengers of your flight. The hotel you stayed in at Schwarzenau also serves as a detention center, so to speak." Amelia gasped. She was most likely stunned. Ulrich had literally just told her that. Either he was dumb, or that was intention; and it was most likely the latter. "Alternatively, if you refuse, you can kiss Tajis and Esplandia bye-bye, as well as your chances of ever seeing your homeland again. I would never harm you, but I would certainly allow you to visit the plane's passengers at Schwarzenau..."

Ulrich smiled.

... muss.... sterben!

Kannex:
Syr:
"Trading for you? Hah. That would be ridiculous!" Ulrich replied. "You're here on that very same trip. Please, do enjoy our country. I was wondering if you would want to trade your captive for the entire roster of passengers of your flight. The hotel you stayed in at Schwarzenau also serves as a detention center, so to speak." Amelia gasped. She was most likely stunned. Ulrich had literally just told her that. Either he was dumb, or that was intention; and it was most likely the latter. "Alternatively, if you refuse, you can kiss Tajis and Esplandia bye-bye, as well as your chances of ever seeing your homeland again. I would never harm you, but I would certainly allow you to visit the plane's passengers at Schwarzenau..."

Ulrich smiled.

... muss.... sterben!
:ph43r: :bat:

Also what does muss sterben mean? :headbang:

Back