Future RP: Who's Interested?

Syrixia:
I'd rather you not, Eumenor- then you'd have control over the others by way of the media.

Also, I'm the conquest behemoth. And I have a lot of arms making power myself too. However I start out as a peaceful, cooperative Syrixia and then a Palpatine-ish coup happens BOOM SECOND EMPIRE.
Eh, you'll still buy from me right? I want those galactic monee

I'd have to agree, a monopoly in comms can be really powerful. But specializing in communications and being the big corp on the block in comms, sure; I'll buy that.
Just like my corp specializes and is the big corp on the block for bio / nano, we're not the only game in town; we're by far the leader / biggest though. Even a monopoly in my field would cause huge consequences.
(In reality, a monopoly in comms can almost write what happens. Example: Protesters? What protesters? Who said I'm an evil despot *click* no more talking for you. You could create news stories and posit them as real, completely manipulate events, etc if you held a comm monopoly.)

Cronaal:
The Spokesman of Eumenor:
I'm going to be running a huge commercial empire with a monopoly on all communications if that's OK with you guys.
Okay!

You're the commucation's behemoth, I'm an arms behemoth.
do we need any more behemoths?
I can be the supply/minerals behemoth. Xentherida itself has a large amount of natural resources, especially iron and coal/graphite, which we can sell for building spaceships, or for use in creating other, more resistant materials. We can also be able to mine comets and asteroids for minerals, and sell any potential titanium, tungsten, etcetera. Info here.

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
I'd rather you not, Eumenor- then you'd have control over the others by way of the media.

Also, I'm the conquest behemoth. And I have a lot of arms making power myself too. However I start out as a peaceful, cooperative Syrixia and then a Palpatine-ish coup happens BOOM SECOND EMPIRE.
Eh, you'll still buy from me right? I want those galactic monee
Perhaps but the Second Empire would be able to make its own arms, as that would be very prevalent seeing as by far it would have the biggest army, and a way of mass-producing soldiers.

Muahahaha.

Nebula would be chemistry/research behemoth, I guess, so although we would claim some land, we'd also sell fuels, explosives, and various other goods, in addition to new prototype technology.

And unless we have any last minute concerns, the thread goes up in an hour!

Syrixia's the big colonizer, everyone else is basically going to be doing their best to get as much as they can without waking the giant.

Well remember, when the RP starts Syrixia will still be the Most Serene Republic, and then it gets coup'd Star Wars style and becomes an evil empire. That's when everyone says "Oh...s%#@".

I have a quick idea for the TNP planet's name; Gaia, or Terra. These were the Greek and Roman goddesses of the Earth. Seeing as how a large amount of planets in our solar system are named after Roman gods, it would seem fitting for at least ours to be named in the same way. Failing that, Ceres is another potential name-the name of the Roman goddess of agriculture. Indeed, this name is currently in use for a dwarf planet.

Fun fact from my alma mater:
ndac-cereshall.jpg

Ceres Hall was the first women's dormitory on the North Dakota Agricultural College campus. In 1909 the State Legislature approved the construction of a women's building on campus, allocating over $85,000 between 1908-10 for the construction of Ceres Hall. The dormitory accommodated 115 women and contained a cafeteria. The postcard above is dated 1915.

The building was originally to be named after Jessie Slaughter from Bismarck, ND, who was the first female student at NDAC. Fearing that students would nickname the building 'the Slaughter House' it was decided to call it Ceres Hall after the Goddess of Wheat.

How about we have whoever gets to a planet first gets to draw up the map?

(Of course, within reason. No putting fifty huge veins of gold right under your colony.)

I like the Nebula idea, but think maybe a joint effort of the first inhabitants? Maybe also map gets approval by the group so the huge gold vein thing nebula said doesn't happen.

However we still would need the V2 solar system map.

Ceretis:
I like the Nebula idea, but think maybe a joint effort of the first inhabitants? Maybe also map gets approval by the group so the huge gold vein thing nebula said doesn't happen.

However we still would need the V2 solar system map.
Yeah, that'd probably be good.

I'll wait until we can get those.

Also, for the purposes of this RP, the outer space treaty thing has basically stopped applying, because otherwise things aren't going to be quite as fun.

I can fix the binary planets but the outer asteroid belt is there. It's the grey bit, and outside it is the Oort Cloud.

I'm guessing this future RP operates on sci-fi FT, to ensure our futuristic technology is possible and Lord Lore doesn't come rants ablazing at us.

Well, I mean, specifically what kind of technology?

I don't know if Ceretis has unveiled his brilliant FTL system. Basically we have jump machines that distort space to travel distances. But the machine affects gravitational bodies around it, so you cannot spacejump inside a solar system, but only between systems.

Anyway, I'm thinking warfare would be based not on lasers but on guided missiles and bullets. You could have a red-hot bullet that sears right through an unprotected hull; it's cheaper than a missile and cannot be guarded against. A guided missile, meanwhile, would be more accurate, but it can be countered by chaff and flares.

As for planetary defenses, if we're playing a single Earth Federation, we could have an orbital chain of defensive satellites that neutralizes any threat to the planet.

Terrorists could try to hijack comets and asteroids and steer them towards the planet, like in Gundam 0079.

Like, sci-fi movie technology, say the technology in the Star Wars movies.

NOT INCLUDING THE OP STUFF. *Cough cough Death Star*

Syrixia:
Like, sci-fi movie technology, say the technology in the Star Wars movies.

NOT INCLUDING THE OP STUFF. *Cough cough Death Star*
I haven't watched Star Wars and find it quite boring, give me a rundown.

Back