Future RP: Who's Interested?

I was thinking we could have a close asteroid belt. These asteroids would contain high amounts of various minerals, like zinc, iron, titanium, nickel, and etc.

Yeah, that was approved in the poll. All that remains is to decide on the gas giants, then naming, and then we're off.

Well, seeing as our current planets are named after Roman gods, I was thinking we could do Egyptian gods, for instance? I have a bunch of names.
Amun, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast/Bastet, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Horus, Isis, Khepri, Khnum, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmet, Seshat, Set, Shu, Sobek, Tawaret, Tefnut, Thoth.
Any of those take your fancy?

Since we are making the TNP planet not earth is it appropriate to use an earth religion for planet names? We could use a TNP players pantheon or we could come up with an entirely different naming system.

Eluvatar:
I would perhaps suggest Zendila as one of the names. (The magically powerful high priestess of the legendary land of Magicality).
Just a little tidbit; I did some digging through the Wayback Machine via that page and found TNP!

The North Pacific

World Factbook Entry: Welcome to The North Pacific, where the delegate is still at your service. Please extend endorsements after getting to know a bit about other nations.

Regional community: http://s2.invisionfree.com/The_North_Pacific/index.php

News: For security, it is requested that you not exceed 200 endorsements for the time being. This is only a temporary measure and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Recruiters, please be brief.

UN Delegate: The Graceful Motion of Sydia (elected 31 days ago).

The North Pacific contains 7,250 nations. [List all nations]

Today's United Nations Report

The Largest Information Technology Sector in The North Pacific

#NationUN CategoryMotto
1.FlagThe Incorporated States of Progressive FreedomUN MemberCapitalist Paradise"Dogs are Evil"
2.FlagThe Commercial Haven of Aleph NullCompulsory Consumerist State"It's bigger than you think"
3.FlagThe People's Republic of JujubaInoffensive Centrist Democracy"If it smells good, smoke it!"
4.FlagThe People's Republic of MelenkurionUN MemberCapitalist Paradise"The Glory of Melenkurion must be known to all"
5.FlagThe Dominion of Kumara TapuUN MemberCompulsory Consumerist State"May Our Sea's Never Run Dry."
6.FlagThe Pimped out Domiciliary of PutosUN MemberLeft-Leaning College State"F_ck em, just to see the look on their face"
7.FlagThe Empire of The XelNagaUN MemberLeft-Leaning College State"To Live and Die by the Sword"
8.FlagThe Free Democratic Nation of MultaanUN MemberInoffensive Centrist Democracy"Dont mess with Multaan"
9.FlagThe Grand Duchy of SoleriaUN MemberInoffensive Centrist Democracy"There is no spoon."
10.FlagThe Fearocracy of INGSOC2Corporate Police State"Ignorance is Strength Freedom is Slavery War is Peace"
Page: < 1 2 3 4 ... 721 722 >

Regional Happenings

1 minute ago: The Republic of Hamz was founded.
3 minutes ago: The Most Serene Republic of Jinha was founded.
7 minutes ago: The Holy Empire of Xifos was founded.
10 minutes ago: The Kingdom of Zukaville departed this region for Gamebattles
19 minutes ago: The Republic of Wandering Vagabonds departed this region for Paradise Beach
20 minutes ago: The Dominion of Venemzuala departed this region for Neptune
20 minutes ago: The Dominion of Venemzuala was founded.
21 minutes ago: The Empire of Canajewda departed this region for Gamebattles
21 minutes ago: The Holy Republic of Rivandia was founded.
22 minutes ago: The Dictatorship of Matitude departed this region for Spaulding

The North Pacific Civil Headquarters

Messages from regional members are co-ordinated here.

LodgedFromMessage
6 hours agoThe Serene Union of Thel DRanwb Legatus
5 hours agoThe Empire of PatriusDont tread on me
5 hours agoThe Republic of LotusSutraHello everyone..No idea what I'm doing..Guess I'm just saying hello to everyone..Anyways..hello!
5 hours agoThe Dictatorship of Freeport3Hello, I have no clue as to what to do either, atleast my country is happy though :D
5 hours agoThe Catholic Cardinalatial See of Cherry RidgeAs you requested I will be brief
If you are a Catholic nation then come over to Holy Roman Church.
There are many positions still open.
SO ONCE AGAIN CATHOLIC NATIONS come on over to Holy Roman Church.
4 hours agoThe Borderlands of Wrong RegionHello, nations walking on the left side of the NS world!

I, the founder of The Left Alliance, am welcoming you in the region and be part of something that will be promising with time.
It shall be great because I intend to make a leftist constitution which has something from numerous constitutions of the leftist regions.

The constitution is going to be similar to The Proletariat Coalition's and Allied States Of Euroislanders', with
Marxism's and maybe Atheist Empire's checked also (had green light only from TPC thus far to use the constitution though).

I believe that with strong constitution ensuring the individual rights and responcibilities the lefts of the NS world will enjoy the athmosphere that TLA has to offer.

So, join to the progress and voice your ideas for the region! Become its first members and together we shall make the new beginning of The Left Alliance.
4 hours agoThe City Ankh Morpork Patrician of Lord VetinariReaders of the Discworld novels that enjoys Ankh-Morpork.. make a travel with a puppet or main nation to region “City Ankh Morpork” a thriving oddity in the bigger happenings of Nationstates.
Welcome, and please ignore the guards at the gates.
Lord Vetinari
3 hours agoThe Grand Duchy of IRRecruiterNationAre you tired of always being the good guy all day, sitting around in the Pacific's chatting and answering issues? It seems that if you did that all day, you'd tire of NS pretty quickly. Take a ride on the wild side and join the region Imperial Raiders today, and experience all that NationStates has to offer! We are an elite raider group that has existed for 6 months now. We prove ourselves again and again crashing and invading regions. Best of all, we have established spies in the highest levels of organizations such as ADN and TITO. If you're new to NS, don't worry. Join the UN or don't and become a spy, we'll provide all the training you'll ever need. Live a little, join the outlaws of NS, wreak destruction, and experience everything this site has to offer...Join Imperial Raiders now, and stay, you won't regret it.
3 hours agoThe Republic of Abalawnwhere should I go?
106 minutes agoThe Incorporated States of Atlantica2Hello

Atlantica is an island continent with tropical climate and Emerald Ocean teeming with sea life. Various geographical features such as our water falls that outnumber any other nation in the whole of NS and our beautiful beaches with caves perfect for exploring . Atlantica is also home to some of the oldest jungles in the NS world and home to animals that most people believe to be myths. Atlantica is home to the tallest of mountains & deepest of valleys in all of NationStates. Atlantica has only the cleanest of cities. Every type of government is welcomed into Atlantica and each is treated with the utmost respect.

Our region is one of the newer regions out there so your voice will be heard since are working on polices and looking for nations who want to be active in regional affairs. Atlantica wants to be a positive force on the NationStates world stage and we hope to be writing our constitution soon

We are looking for people to serve as:
Diplomats – Help establish ties/alliances with other regions
Recruiters – Help keep our population up
We are trying to startup a Military & an Intel Dept. so that we can help the defender cause

our off-site Board/Forums are located @
http://s8.invisionfree.com/nsatlantica/index.php
be part of a beginning of something new and positive

Carpe Diem

We are looking for a new head recruiter, if interested contact our board/forum Admins
If you are interested being a diplomat, please contact Formal Dances
If you are interested in being in the military, please contact Mittwoch

Nebula:
First we need to decide on the outer gas giants. After that, we can throw ourselves into names.
How about the Greek names for the Jupiter and Saturn planets, Zeus and Chronos, and then Poseidon for the Neptune-like one. For Uranus, since that's Greek already, we can use the Roman name, Caelus.

all in all the planets can be named whatever, but I still want the dual planet to be Ao and Oa

The poll indicates a 4-3 vote in favor of a Uranus, Neptune, and a combination, defeating the idea of just a Uranus and Neptune.

So, unless anyone has a significant concern, we'll move on to names, yes?

Yes

Could we get a final list of all the planets / objects / etc that are in need of names?

All right:
TSP Mercury
TSP Venus
TSP Planet
Ocean Planet
Tundra Planet
TSP Mars
Asteroid Belt (probably four or so that need names now, the rest can be named by their occupiers)
TSP Jupiter
TSP Saturn
TSP Uranus
Urano-neptune
TSP Neptune
Possibly some dwarf planets--- we can discuss these during the RP as they are too distant to play a role in it.

Also--- where do we want the binary planet?

I thought the Binary would have been either before the ocean -OR- on an eccentric orbit that paces it in two places within the solar system placement chart such as before the ocean and after the martian planet.

If the planetary formation were caused by a rogue planet (Oa) entering the solar system long ago and gravitationally pulling one of the existing planets out of orbit (Ao). The pull was enough to change the orbit into a hybrid of Ao's position in the solar system and the path of Oa. This created a new eccentric orbit that places the binary in two positions in the chart depending on the position of the cycle.
When Ao and Oa are at the extent of their range they are maybe close enough to the asteroid field to pull small particles into their combined orbit forming / recharging the rings.

What do you think?

Made a slight modification to position (Belts) and placed the binary.

NAME SUGGESTIONS:
TNP Mercury >> Tek
TNP Venus >> Erythro
TNP Planet >> Eve
[[Binary position 1]] >> Ao and Oa
Ocean Planet >> Eko
Tundra Planet >> Obscura
TNP Mars >> Irata
[[Binary position 2]] >> Ao and Oa

Asteroid Belt Rings: (Inner):
AB1 - >> Auxil
AB2 - >> Tibu

TNP Jupiter >> Tschai
TNP Saturn >> Consileen
TNP Uranus >> Xuen
Urano-neptune >> Uundar
TSP Neptune >> Fui

Asteroid Belt Ring(s): (Outer):
AB3 - >> Kesot
**Any other belts to be named by their occupiers

Dwarf planets names TBD in RP; All probably coated in ice.

Oh! I could do the map! I'm good at nation mapping and stuff, I have a channel dedicated to it and I have 80 subscribers.

Syrixia:
Oh! I could do the map! I'm good at nation mapping and stuff, I have a channel dedicated to it and I have 80 subscribers.
pls no botch like the regional map.

edit: link please.

I'm goin' Kannex on this one.

Nein, ich werde nicht zu schätzen wissen Sie, Sie Drecksau. Sie ekeln mich und meine Augen rot vor Zorn. Du bist nichts. Sie erhalten, dass, du Idiot? Nichts!

Syrixia:
I'm goin' Kannex on this one.

Nein, ich werde nicht zu schätzen wissen Sie, Sie Drecksau. Sie ekeln mich und meine Augen rot vor Zorn. Du bist nichts. Sie erhalten, dass, du Idiot? Nichts!
ugh
privileged hoes.

After mapping, what else needs to be completed?

Also, Cronaal, what were you thinking for multi-species?

Ceretis:
After mapping, what else needs to be completed?

Also, Cronaal, what were you thinking for multi-species?
Maybe in the late roleplayer, once we possibly surpass our own solar system, we could find another lifeform. It doesn't have to be intelligent but it could be anything from bacteria to animals to a new civilization to deal with or mentor depending on their evolution.

Hmmm, no prime directive, I'm in for that idea.

Probably would be more interesting if they were a primitive culture. Influencing bacteria seems a long process.

Back