Future RP: Who's Interested?

Plus Nebula, you can't tell me that if your spot is lacking a resource you want and your neighbor has it you wouldn't :redflag: :npa4: :npa4: :npa4: :npa4:

I feel that in a real-life colonizing situation, it would be more accurate to just let everyone run free and argue, sometimes without knowing the resource value of an area. That might be good: restrict information on certain areas and allow people to claim stuff without realizing its full value later.

And that's the point of letting people do whatever they want: we can get a bit of conflict in.

If that's the route people would like to go, that's fine with me.
When I was talking about the resource value of a segment of the map I was saying that they wouldn't know until after they finish their claim. (They'd probably do a survey once they owned the land and as such know the resources which is why they'd find out after finishing/securing the claim.) Also, any unclaimed areas would remain unknown until claim is complete unless they RP a realistic survey of an uncharted area.
I'm good with whatever way people want to go.

Well, yeah. It of course makes sense to not have people really know the full mineral value of what they've just colonized until they've colonized it and began mining. They should have a rough idea of it, but they won't know all of the trace minerals that are buried in the crust (or deeper in the atmosphere).

Nebula:
I imagined this as an RP with political intrigue, military confrontations, etc., not as a raffle as some people see it. I agree that we should try to do planetary maps, but this would be more of a Scramble for Africa than an orderly conference.
I concur.

We need to name the planets. Does anyone have any suggestions for names?

After this, I think we can start the actual RP if there's nothing else that needs to be discussed.

I think the Culture or Entertainment ministries should get a chance to make a ruling on the overall official name of TNP's planet, but I don't think there's anything to prevent people from having their own language's name for the planet, or a historical/religious version. Like Gaia for the ancient Greeks.

Just my two cents.

How about:
-Yrucrem (Mercury)
-Sunev (Venus)
-Htrae (Earth)
-Ardnut (Tundra, the fourth, semi-habitable planet)
-Sram (Mars)
-Retipuj (Jupiter)
-Nrutas (Saturn)
-Enutpenaru (Uran-eptune)

Nebula:
How about:
-Yrucrem (Mercury)
-Sunev (Venus)
-Htrae (Earth)
-Sram (Mars)
-Retipuj (Jupiter)
-Nrutas (Saturn)
I think we should come up with some legit names instead of just inverting the names of actual planets.

Malvad:
Nebula:
How about:
-Yrucrem (Mercury)
-Sunev (Venus)
-Htrae (Earth)
-Sram (Mars)
-Retipuj (Jupiter)
-Nrutas (Saturn)
I think we should come up with some legit names instead of just inverting the names of actual planets.
Yeah, by that logic the moon would be called Anul... and Retipuj would have one called Oi... it'd be like Planet of the Cockneys.

Wolfsea:
Malvad:
Nebula:
How about:
-Yrucrem (Mercury)
-Sunev (Venus)
-Htrae (Earth)
-Sram (Mars)
-Retipuj (Jupiter)
-Nrutas (Saturn)
Yeah, by that logic the moon would be called Anul... and Retipuj would have one called Oi... it'd be like Planet of the Cockneys.
I like the name Anul though.

As do I. Also, "Anul" is "Luna" backwards. "Moon" backwards is "Noom".

Yeah, let's use Anul XD

How about an ocean planet?
A big ball of water with very little land. This could make for an interesting experience.

The system should have a good number of gas giants. It's been discussed that the gas giants are one of the big reasons Earth hasn't been smashed to bits.

Last I have one other idea that would be the unusual planet in the system:
A dual planet. Its moon is not a moon but a planet. The binary planet would have a Saturn type ring system.
The planets could be called Ao and Oa

Also planetary names:
Erythro
Lagash
Troas
Tschai
Ulgethon
Vinea
Vhilinyar
Sera
Ao and Oa
Irata
Erna
Chthon

I live in the US, but I'm familiar with the metric system.

Also, perhaps the ocean planet could be a moon? Scientists think it quite likely that some of the Galilean satellites have liquid water oceans under an ice crust.

Systems Commonwealth! (yes, I was into Andromeda... Hercules as a Captain Kirk expy, what's not to love?)

Also Anul Colonies sound like a severe case of haemorrhoids.

I'd be fine with a large moon in place of the water planet, but I'd prefer whatever moon it was happened to be closer to the sun so it'd be liquid.

Though I'd still hope the water planet would remain a planet and not just a moon.

I aso think we should have 2 or 3 unexplainedl anomalies, such as a hexagonal north pole like Saturn.

The Maplands:
Nebula:
I live in the US, but I'm familiar with the metric system.
This.

Also, the water planet should be a planet, not a moon. Also, when do you guys think this will start?
As soon as we finish arguing over the planet arrangement.

So, should we have:
TNP Mercury
TNP Venus
TNP Planet
Ocean Planet
Greenland-style Planet
TNP Mars
Asteroids
TNP Jupiter
TNP Saturn
TNP Neptune
Various dwarf planets similar to Pluto, too distant to be involved in this RP

Ceretis:
How about an ocean planet?
A big ball of water with very little land. This could make for an interesting experience.

The system should have a good number of gas giants. It's been discussed that the gas giants are one of the big reasons Earth hasn't been smashed to bits.

Last I have one other idea that would be the unusual planet in the system:
A dual planet. Its moon is not a moon but a planet. The binary planet would have a Saturn type ring system.
The planets could be called Ao and Oa

Also planetary names:
Erythro
Lagash
Troas
Tschai
Ulgethon
Vinea
Vhilinyar
Sera
Ao and Oa
Irata
Erna
Chthon
I enjoy Ceretis' ideas, especially the binary planet. And the planet names are very interesting.

So can we get a vote set up on the ideas so we can move this forward?
> Planetary names
> Planet types

I would agree. Nebula, can you set up a couple polls pertaining to those two items?

Planetary Names (derived from Latin):
Caela - from the Latin caelum, which translates to sky.
Frigida - from the Latin frigidus, which translates to cold.
Calidi - from the Latin calidus, which translates to warm.
Nocte - from the Latin nocte, which translates to night.
Aquatis - from the Latin aqua, which translates to water.
Habilis [TNP Planet] - from the Latin habitat, which translates to he/she/it lives.

I like that idea, TGR, but then we may need other planets named Erectus, Neanderthalensis, and Sapiens.

XD

Back