Embassy of The Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the one which has been put in the Private Cabinet archive which is now read only? Yes this is true, but this government has been in transition and, until now, was unable to give the issue its full attention.

You mean the one which has been put in the Private Cabinet archive which is now read only? Yes this is true, but this government has been in transition and, until now, was unable to give the issue its full attention.
And I was reading said thread and it provides some interesting comments in regards to this situation.

Joshua,

I understand that you are leaving soon and may not have the chance to elaborate. If this is the case, I would appreciate someone with access to cabinet threads, please clarify this issue for me.

Here http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?...opic=3178&st=40 in the trial thread, you state that

I am refering to one of the threads in the private cabinet forum of August 06 - April 07. From what I read from the thread that deals with this situation and I refer to Grosse's posts and posts by a few other members. And to note Grosse was the PM at this time. It seems to confirm that the general opinion was that there was a good chance that Mesian was actually acting under the orders of the NPIA director.

Please correct me, if I am misreading this. It appears to me that you are stating the previous cabinet had decided that Mesian was indeed acting on the orders of the NPIA and that Grosse knew of the mission as well. Is this the case?

Thank you for the kind words from earlier, Moo. [TAO feels loved. :tb2: ]

And Dark ... we think alike. :hug: That is how I interpret his statement, too.

The next question that popped into TAO's head was this ... Where are most of the NPIA leaders from the time of this event now? For over a month, people have been gone and no one can tell me what happened to them. [TAO wonders if they were pouch-napped by marsupials. ] This seems a wee too convenient ... especially since TAO has some of his own questions to ask them.

Joshua,

I understand that you are leaving soon and may not have the chance to elaborate.  If this is the case, I would appreciate someone with access to cabinet threads, please clarify this issue for me.

Here http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?...opic=3178&st=40 in the trial thread, you state that

I am refering to one of the threads in the private cabinet forum of August 06 - April 07. From what I read from the thread that deals with this situation and I refer to Grosse's posts and posts by a few other members. And to note Grosse was the PM at this time. It seems to confirm that the general opinion was that there was a good chance that Mesian was actually acting under the orders of the NPIA director.

Please correct me, if I am misreading this. It appears to me that you are stating the previous cabinet had decided that Mesian was indeed acting on the orders of the NPIA and that Grosse knew of the mission as well. Is this the case?

I am not sure how much I can clarify as the contents and details are in a private cabinet forum. And I assume that the contents are for the cabinets eyes only.

My impression was that nothing was agreed on. My interpretation was that there may have been a good chance Mesian was acting on roders. Realize please this is my opion on what what I read and is not endorsed or supported by TNP in any official or unofficial sort of way.

Also, realize that I have not been able to confirm all of what Mesian said. I have seen his PM's and talked with him. Obviously since he is my client. And I have read the cabinet thread that I referenced in the trial thread. Hersfold obviously is the one and only person who could give this closure in the way folks seem to want it. I personally feel Mesian was acting under orders, whether those orders were legitimate or not, well I am honestly unable to say.

Take it for what is worth, and realize this is my take and only my take on the events surrounding Mesian and the NPO.

:ph34r:

It is a good day indeed when FEC actually sees something our way. :smile:

We do not know what more you need to know that an action was initiated against our sovereignty. Any nation ordered to our region to stir up trouble or even just to hang around and "see what is up" is a violation of our sovereignty. We are having difficulty in seeing what more you could possibly need before you at the very least issue an apology for the action.

I don't know about marsupials kidnapping Herfold or anyone else, but the gross incompetence that appears to be surrounding this incident is beyond comprehension. To have an intelligence agency so beyond the grasp of the government is quite surprising indeed.

Darkesia:

I too share the interest of Senator Darkesia and TAO concerning this.

How many more weeks are we to wait for some answers? For an apology?

Sorry, just popping by to back up Moo's well-spoken statement.

But things take time, Emperor. Indeed, Mesian has clearly been in the wrong with undeniable proof with fuelling conspiracies against the Pacific and rightful action has been taken (as you see in the topic on the NPO's board, named 'Sixth Inquisitional Tribunal').

But, on a negative note, all this is really starting to bug me, that this has not been resolved sooner, Icannot emphasise this enough. We are feeder regions, aren't we? Then we should starting acting like feeder regions and just resolve the matter with a simple authorised apology. That's all we need. When we get it, this thing can be done with once and for all.

Moo, they have given us visible proof that they are apparently making the apology. But not exactly sure why they can't just say it to you and the Pacific here and now but that's not the point. At least progress has been made since a few weeks ago, when several days had passed with no word from either side.

The Pacific has done all they can to ensure a swift resolution is made as soon as possible. All we require now is a simple and subtle apology. We on the other hand, will gladly take this and condemn Mesian for what crimes he has committed to the Pacific, which is under way in the Pacific's forums.

I hope for my own and for all your sakes, that this is the last time that I'm going to have to write an essay on this matter, just to get one simple resolution that could have been made weeks ago. Thank you, that's my two cents. :2c:

My apology is not official. But, it is personal and comes with sincere meaning from myself. I have not always saw eye to eye with the NPO, I did once consider myself a friend of the pacific back when there was the PRP. And I am sincerely sorry that these events had to happen, well actually they did not have to happen. There are always chocies that can be made. And I hope in time that relations can be healed, houses can be cleaned and that we all can learn from this situation.

I am just plain out sorry for everything that has ocurred recently. I am not sure what else to say. :mellow:

Soigcas that is really not helpful. And groveling? I owe no allegiance to Moo. If you have an issue with me take up via PM do you understand me?
Whoa there, boy. Hold up now. Let's not go off half-cocked.

</cliches>

But seriously..

Soigcas that is really not helpful. And groveling? I owe no allegiance to Moo. If you have an issue with me take up via PM do you understand me?
Whoa there, boy. Hold up now. Let's not go off half-cocked.

</cliches>

But seriously..
Not going off semi cocked, half cocked or full cocked. :lol: I was simply being stern in regards to Soigcas' rather undeserving and less than helpful comment.

Any nation ordered to our region to stir up trouble or even just to hang around and "see what is up" is a violation of our sovereignty.

err.... kinda like you do on the IRC channel #tnp 24/7?

what is sauce for the goose......

Any nation ordered to our region to stir up trouble or even just to hang around and "see what is up" is a violation of our sovereignty.

You have never once demanded us to leave. We are welcomed as guests upon arrival. Furthermore we have never sent agents into your home in order to rabble rouse or infiltrate your government.

You have never once demanded us to leave. We are welcomed as guests upon arrival. Furthermore we have never sent agents into your home in order to rabble rouse or infiltrate your government.
Why does your government keep saying that, when we all know that is not right? We were not born yesterday. You shouldn't try to further inflame the situation with lies or cant.

Why does your government keep saying that, when we all know that is not right? We were not born yesterday. You shouldn't try to further inflame the situation with lies or cant.
I am merely giving context to certain statements made.

You are not giving the context: you are putting words in your emperor's mouth.

He did not say that lurking was violation of sovereignty when you were asked to leave. You saw fit to add that.

He did not say that lurking was a violation of sovereignty when the intent was to rabble rouse or infiltrate. You saw fit to add that.

Shame on you for seeing fit to correct your emperor and change the meaning of his words by embellishment. You owe him an apology.

OOC:
pwnt.

IC:
The NPO should stop pretending that Great Bight, UPS Rail and The Minister were never anything to do with the Pacific. Even if we are to believe that they were not officially sanctioned, I find I very hard to believe that the Pacific did not encourage and support them behind the scenes.

I am more than happer to consider the Mesian affair a mistake, but do not take us for damn fools; we better than most know of TNP and TP's tempestous past, and to admit otherwise is the highest form of idiotic revisionism.

One can live in the past, or choose to live in the present. How long ago were those events? I was not even a member of The Pacific when those things happened. The past cannot be changed nor will endless debating about what was true or not affect anything.

I do not see how irc plays into it at all; no one has asked me to leave #tnp, nor do we ask anyone from tnp to leave our channel. Again, methinks you are living in the past, which will not solve the current situation.

I am interested in focusing on the present events, and resolving them. You, the government of TNP, either by inaction or ignorance, allowed an NPIA agent under orders to violate our sovereignty. It doesn't matter who the individuals were; it was your government. This has been proven.

Again, I will state my position. An apology at this time is the very least that should be forthcoming.

You are not giving the context: you are putting words in your emperor's mouth.

He did not say that lurking was violation of sovereignty when you were asked to leave. You saw fit to add that.

He did not say that lurking was a violation of sovereignty when the intent was to rabble rouse or infiltrate. You saw fit to add that.

Shame on you for seeing fit to correct your emperor and change the meaning of his words by embellishment. You owe him an apology.
I've put no words in my Emperor's mouth and how dare you accuse me of such. I was remarking about your comments concerning our presence in IRC. Despite our presence there we have not violated your regional sovereignty, we have not infiltrated your region for dubious reasons. A member of your region has done so, and as the Emperor as stated, is the matter at hand.

Careful, flemingovia. Your deep understanding of NPO culture smacks of disloyalty to TNP. You put yourself at risk.

Please know that should you be cleansed and expelled from TNP, we in the NPO will gladly take you in and comfort you in your time of need.

And there's chocolate too. :cool:

No. I think not. If you employ people who have such lack of confidence in your Emperor's abilities that they feel the need to "give the context" to his words and reinterpret them without sanction, then I think I will stay in TNP where we trust our leader's ability to speak for himself and do not need to wade in every time he is challenged.

Of course! I completely understand. To say anything less would call your loyalty into question and hasten a dread outcome. Although there is a chance, however slim, that as one of the elite you may be immune to such accusations. If such is the case, my deepest apologies.

It is difficult for a simple person such as myself to grasp all of your unspoken rules. I have a difficult enough time interpreting all of the written rules in our venerable sister feeder here in the north.

Edit: Apparently I have joined some strange cult which requires I use a comma every three words. <_<

I've put no words in my Emperor's mouth and how dare you accuse me of such. I was remarking about your comments concerning our presence in IRC. Despite our presence there we have not violated your regional sovereignty, we have not infiltrated your region for dubious reasons. A member of your region has done so, and as the Emperor as stated, is the matter at hand.
Although an issue of the past, I find it highly disrepectful that you continue to deny NPO/PRP involvement in our regional affairs. Most hold your region no grudge over what has happened in the past and discussion of such things is not really relevant to the current situation except that you cannot excuse yourselves of the actions of the previous incarnations of your government. The new NPO might be an improved version of the old, but I find it hard to believe that the old ideals of Pacific superiority and Francoist-thought have been forgotten.

So, do you deny that members of the Pacific ever infiltrated this region under dubious circumstances? Do you deny that the Pacific has ever attempted to apply pressure to our internal processes? If you do then you are admitting that you are either ill-informed, or a liar. If you think yourself able enough to comment on such matters authoritatively then perhaps you could do us all the favour of not telling us obvious falsehoods.

Moo, I apologise for this scene in your Embassy, but I humbly request that you ask your citizen to drop this line of conversation. Tensions are high enough as it without me having to drag up the past.

Lord Valentine's recollection of TNP relations with previous governments of The Pacific is correct and now the tables have turned. It is TNP which has violated The Pacific's sovereignty. I think I will take some time to do a bit of research into the past and see how this situation affected relations when the "shoe was on the other foot."

Perhaps we should also take the time and remove the temptation to escalate this incident into all out war.

It seems obvious that TNP will not be able to come to enough consesnsus to even begin to formulate an apology. It is equally obvious that the NPO will not be satisfied with being taunted in our own embassy as some kind of revenge for that undelivered apology.

I will formally present to the NPO Senate and to my Emperor a proposal to close the embassy and end relations for a cooling off period. To continue on the way we are is to rush into open feeder war and chaos. If we cannot control ourselves together then, like grade school children, it is time to separate us. A sad day indeed for the NPO and the Emperor's efforts to increase diplomatic involvement in all areas.

When we are all able to recall conventions of diplomacy, then perhaps we can try again.

It is my hope that relations, or at least a minimum of decorum, are re-established without such drastic measures.

Question: The current situation between TNP and The Pacific where one side refuses to back down and apologise

Answer: Is it, What is Farce?

To speak for the Cabinet, we are formulating a response to this situation. Again we apologise for the delay but things got done slightly slower in The North Pacific due to a difficulty in establishing the facts, although we are still not entirely clear on them.

I would implore the Senate not to close this Embassy and if you would like any particular posts to be removed or split off then I, or an administrator can do so.

To speak for the Cabinet, we are formulating a response to this situation. Again we apologise for the delay but things got done slightly slower in The North Pacific due to a difficulty in establishing the facts, although we are still not entirely clear on them.
Maybe it would have been faster, easier, and truer to say "We in TNP have no clear understanding of the actions taken by Mesian and a rogue-functioning NPIA controlled by marsupials but we do apologize to the NPO for any violations of its sovereignty and for any fears or hard-feelings caused by such actions. And it is our hope that the future relations between our two regions will be able to progress beyond this stage of mutual distrust and disaffection to become something beautiful and nurturing in the NationStates world … so help us Max.” Or something like that. If this had been done a few days (weeks) ago, this would all be over and everyone would be best friends.

The North Pacific government was not going to apologise until it knows the facts, it is simple. Now we are fairly certain of what happened and so can respond to it fully and respectfully.

OK ... but what about the "beautiful and nurturing" part ... you have to admit that part is nice. :tb2:

Maybe it would have been faster, easier, and truer to say "We in TNP have no clear understanding of the actions taken by Mesian and a rogue-functioning NPIA controlled by marsupials but we do apologize to the NPO for any violations of its sovereignty and for any fears or hard-feelings caused by such actions. And it is our hope that the future relations between our two regions will be able to progress beyond this stage of mutual distrust and disaffection to become something beautiful and nurturing in the NationStates world … so help us Max.” Or something like that. If this had been done a few days (weeks) ago, this would all be over and everyone would be best friends.

:wubs: TAO

That will do quite nicely, except where it says "so help us Max" it should say "so help us ADMIN."

Oops! Sorry. Forgot.

*mentally replaces Max with ADMIN for future reference*

TAO gives the TNP government permission to use the above apology (with the Max to ADMIN correction), if the TNP so wishes (and then maybe we can move on have some beach parties or something).

Or, if you want, TAO would be happy to review what you got cooking. Anything to help.

:noangel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back