The Last Movie You Saw...

That's kinda how I feel about 24.

This year they killed off everyone that was interesting to me, so I quit watching it.

Quick movie quote:

"Hollywood really has gone too far. First, we had The Mexican with Brad Pitt. Then we had The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise. Tell you what: I'm going to make a movie called The Last Nigga on Earth starring Tom Hanks." - Paul Mooney

^ Oh Yeah.....:rofl:

God of Gamblers-quite rare, chow yun fat and tony leung, hong kong stylee.....double pistol shooting galore......

The Time Machine (Guy Pierce)

Interesting, but it really leans on the "Man is inherently evil/bad" theme a bit much for me.

No, I just like saying I like albinos.

Watched "Love Actually" for the first time at about 4 o'clock this morning. I really liked it. Except I'm sad that hot office guy didn't get any from the woman with the psycho brother. That's sad.

Finished "The Office." Will admit, I totally bawled when Dawn opened her secret Santa present from Tim. And even moreso when she came back and they FINALLY kissed. It was shockingly moving.

Hotel Rwanda, a little bit behind the times. I've rented it a few times and each time I never got around to watching it. So this time I did. It was a really depressing movie and I was disgusted that people knowingly allowed it to happen, UN et al.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Bolivia!
:D

Hmmm... Movie Update!

The Dark - Low budget British semi-horror type thing. Not too bad by modern standard (not that that really says much), ending was a little too obvious.

The Weatherman - A little long winded for my tastes. The storyline I quite liked, but it felt a little padded out to me, 1 hour of plot, 1 hour of scenery kind of thing. Micheal Caine is a welcome addition to any film, this is no exception.

X-Men III - Hmmm. A little disappointing compared to the previous two. Story line wasn't especially interesting, the pacing seemed all wrong, and it all seemed a little paint by numbers in my opinion. Effects were excellent, but that doesn't make up for every other element being average or sub-standard.

Seven swords...OOh we love oriental slicy sword movies...it was a bit like an updated and far sexier Shinichin No Samurai..

the New World...hahahahahahaha.....so bad it hurts, colin effing farrell (who I normally rate) as an english captain with an Irish accent....more like a travelogue of the local area than a coherent narrative peice...

Jarhead...Surprisingly good...expected another gung ho full metal jacket Neo 'nam type of thing...but, oh no....well acted, brilliant direction..a difficult story cleverly told..

oh, yeah and I watched Hard to kill on cable last nite with a friend...we laughed 'til we cried it's godawful...the worst dialogue ever....Quote "I'll take you to the bank...the blood bank!"...oh dear, mr seagal and miss le brock your raspberrys are at the door...

Batman Begins.

It was hot. I have a crush on Christian Bale...because his kissed someone without leaving spit-strings this time. I was so proud. Actually, it's just because he's got such a sexy jawline.

We watched Dr. Strangelove for extra credit in my AP US History class in 11th grade. That's an awesome movie.

I watched Shaun of the Dead for the first time yesterday, and "I wasn't gonna."

I have a special place in my heart for zombie movies, I decided.

I didn't find it that funny until they started talking to the Russian Premier.
Yeah it did start out kind of slow, but definitely was uproarious in the final act.

Oh yeah, I watched Van Helsing, i've been avoiding it because I heard it was awful. My god were the critics right, that movie was god awful. I also have a side story! I was watching it and another girl that lives on my floor came into the room to talk to my roommate, and then saw what I was watching. She said "Oohh, good movie!" to which I bluntly replied, "No it's not! It is awful" and then she got a little angry because I guess she really like the movie. I then proceeded to tell her that she might be biased considering her obvious love of vampires. Read: she is a LARPer (live action RPG). Guess what they play as! Come on, guess! As Vampires! :eyeroll:

Whatever, I don't need any more friends, especially weird ones like that. She also talks with a fake accent because she spent a year in England. :eyeroll: Yeah, because all it takes is a year to develop an accent. The moral of the story. of course, is to lock your door.

I'd love to know what random college you go to, because apparently the people there are crazy.

I want to box them up and ship them out as toys for children.

I'd love to know what random college you go to, because apparently the people there are crazy.

I want to box them up and ship them out as toys for children.
I go to a small environmentally oriented liberal arts college in the Northeast. And there are a lot of weird people here, but there are also cool people.

Anyways, I watched Good night, and good luck today and I really enjoyed it. A very clever critique delivered in the form of history. Very much reminds me of what The Crucible (the book :P ) was for the McCarthy years. I also loved that it was black and white, gave it a really authentic feel. Excellent movie that i'll definitely have to add to my collection.

Back