The Last Movie You Saw...

Have I mentioned I've seen it FOUR TIMES IN THEATERS? Full price, too. No matinees. If I were an alien or strange transplant victim, I'd give it eight thumbs up.

I saw Fantastic Four last weekend. Mildly diverting and mercifully short. To be fair, my son liked it very much, so, if you're like 7, it's a must-see.

Saw Dawn of the Dead (the remake) They are trying too hard to scare us going for more of thee blood and gore than an actual plot

I saw that too. It was kinda stupid and had so stereotypical "I got bit, honey. I'm going to have to stay behind" crap at the end.

Night of the Living Dead from about 1960 is the best.

And so my mental image of Fedele is complete. :D

Your right though, there hasn't been a decent zombie film for ages. :(

And at the end the sole survivor was shot. Perfect ending. They even show him being drug by meat hooks. That was pretty graphic for back then...

if you think about they're aiming these mostly at teens who are looking for a cheap thrill via the blood and gore.

Nam, you can buy a Fedele at any local convenience store and tobacco shop

The Life Aquatic was great

In the past week I've seen:

Tristan & Isolde
The End of the Spear

At Sundance, I saw:

Alpha Dog
The Darwin Awards
Kinky Boots
Little Miss Sunshine
The Night Listener
The Secret Life of Words (based on the book - both were excellent)
Thank You For Smoking
and Friends With Money.

I really liked Munich, it dragged a little at the end but it was otherwise a great movie. Very real.

I just finished watching Walk the Line and it was sweet. I love Johnny Cash.

Wedding Crashers (Uncorked Edition)

And I wonder why it's the unrated edition...

Oh yeah...

Gratitutious Sex, Gratitutious Nuditity, Language, Sexual Inuendo ....

Today I had on Seven Samurai and the Magnificent Seven back-to-back. Not going to take sides, though I'm neither a snob nor a hater so I can appreciate each version for what it is. ;) :yes:

As always, though, I end the Magnificent Seven wondering whether or not the director understood the role of the peasants in the story. Sometimes I think he's just doing a broader, more optimistic take, but other times I wonder if he actually understood that even though the peasants win, they're not supposed to be the white hats. Not quite, at least.

Back