Dinoium

Legal nerd
-
TNP Nation
Dinoium
aZZwCUQ.png

Magicality City, TNP ─ Welcome to The North Pacifican Tropical! I have decided for this one election, I will do private media coverage of the September election. As I am busy IRL, I'm unsure if this will be done again for the January election (maybe if there's demand for it and I'm available). Regardless, I thought I'd do independent coverage as an interesting concept. Of course, as I mentioned a sentence or two this is solely for the election ─ I have no intent to really cover other regional affairs. Think of this as more of a one-off thing with the potential of being done again if I have the time and there's demand for it, though Greitbart obviously will always be the superb private media for all things TNP. :P

Note: I started writing this post and making the graphics before @Lord Dominator declared their candidacy. While they have been included in this final draft, LD's section is more or less rushed. I do sincerely apologize. It will be updated later with more information, along with the next addition of TNPT in a day or two. I'll also generally expand more of the post later, with links to their campaign threads and more information on their platforms if necessary. I am quite busy today so I am trying to balance things out. Relevant criticism is welcomed.
9yM0rEJ.png
This election in the general election, 3 positions are up for grabs. That being the WA Delegate, Vice Delegate, and the regional assembly's Speaker. All incumbents (as of right now) have chosen not to declare their candidacies to seek their current positions this election, with East Isles[NS] and Robespierre[NS] choosing to retire. Pallaith[NS] has not formally commented on whether or not he will run again or decline his candidacy.

b3xit0t.png

TxAjti8.png

MadJack_emote_flag.png
St George​

─> Campaign Thread <─
St George, more well known as MadJack, is the current 'Minister of Foreign Affairs'. Being a longtime veteran of TNP and NationStates in general, MadJack has held a magnitude of positions ranging from TNP head RolePlay moderator and 'Minister of Culture' to Speaker of the Regional Assembly. MadJack was also a Delegate of the region of Osiris many years ago. It is no doubt that MadJack is certainly a very experienced candidate in this race.

MadJack previously filed for candidacy in January 2019 and came in 2nd place with 36.36% of the vote. That didn't deter MadJack, however. He would attempt to run again in May 2019 under a new roof. Despite strong momentum for it at first, MadJack would suspend his campaign after being prosecuted by the Attorney General's office. MadJack has since bounced back from this controversy. While MadJack has dealt with more minor controversies such as the refusal to process Wonderess' citizenship, it seems that a base for him has been firmly established.

MadJack's platform for Delegate includes a variety of things─one is tackling the divide between the RMB and the rest of the region. As he states in his platform:
TNP’s government relationship with its own RMB community is… complicated. We periodically go through moments in time where it’s viewed as a tool for promotion and engagement and then we switch things up, and you have people who should know better actively getting involved in belittling the RMB and the people who use it as their primary form of engagement in NS.

That’s a two way street as well, as there are those on the RMB who would much prefer to get rid of the forum and discord government and just do everything on NS, but still ask for the TNP government’s help for their projects and seek to be promoted by our programs.

It’s a relationship that I think we can change. We should use the RMB for engagement and promotion, yes, but that should come naturally. It should come by just being active and engaged on the RMB. It’s a fast moving place, yes, but with notifications it’s no more difficult to follow than a discord channel. It’s possible and we should do it.

As well as this low level (as in passive, rather than infrequent) activity, what I think could help out here is bringing back Q&As to the RMB, with the Gameside Advocates helping to publicise this program. I think regular weekly or fortnightly Q&As with the delegate would be an excellent idea, as well as Q&As with each Minister - ideally I’d see these as each minister doing these twice a term, once in the first half, and again in the last month of the term.

This kind of activity - both at the low and high level - brings the RMB further into the community and hopefully can be used as a new pool of recruitment for the executive government.
MadJack has also stressed the importance of restoring TNP's role in the greater community by saying his FA minister would have to be both active here and NationStates GamePlay. MadJack has also discussed "reinforcing the Independent sphere" and bring back Daily Pile operations for the NPA. MadJack touched on questioning regarding how he'd intervene FA and WA in an active role:
I still think WA and FA can and should work closely together on a great many things, and with declarations now instituted, I feel like that will be happening - WA and FA came together nicely during the recent Against Quorum Raiding proposal and through WALL we worked to prevent its passage, but I think on the whole, and especially with the GA, much of the work WA does just wouldn't have an effect on our FA. I still think that integration between the two should happen - incorporating Foreign Affairs considerations more regularly into our IFVs seems like a good place to start, and based on a short conversation I had with Boston Castle about his proposed rewrite of the voting policy - something I support - FA considerations in terms of what we're more publicly opposed to will be part of that.
Internally, MadJack has stated he wants to continue TNL's remarkable work, although he intends to make 'TNL should be a general issue' by publishing two or three times during the term showing the creativity of the communications ministry and show NSGP what TNP has to offer. Otherwise, MadJack has expressed expanding the outreach of the Radio ministry's content to the forums and RMB, and preparing TNP for a very busy end of the year, with many NS events happening this term such as N-Day and Z-Day.

Dreadton_emote_flag.png
Dreadton​

─> Campaign Thread <─
Dreadton, another strong candidate for this election, certainly is one of many plans. While people knew he'd run this election, many people expected him to return to his esteemed role of Vice Delegate. Dreadton previously served as Vice Delegate in the latter half of 2020 and stepped up last month to handle the Vice Delegate's weekly reports following Cretox State's fall into inactivity.

Dreadton is no stranger to TNP politics. Being a deputy speaker and justice twice, Minister of Radio, and election commissioner, Dreadton has filed up his resume greatly. While he is not as senior as MadJack, he is no doubt on par with TNP positions and experience. Dreadton aims to be "the Captain needed for the coming storm", presenting his campaign as a very charismatic run for the office with his graphics standing out.

Dreadton also wants to increase TNP's current involvement with the greater community just like MadJack. Dreadton intends to open up communication article writings to the general community, to allow TNP's allies to pitch in and develop a closer bond. Dreadton has also eye-balled the chance to attempt interregional events with other regions with the Culture ministry's Theme Thursdays.

A core part of Dreadton's campaign, however, is his plan for the NPA. He wants to implement a mentorship program for newer recruits. The Bootcamp Dreadton suggests in his post will "show them through the processes and make them feel welcomed into the community." Dreadton mentioned additionally advertising TNP's mission on its GamePlay thread, get a recruitment drive prepared, and adjust the organizational structure of the NPA.

Additional plans of Dreadton is maintaining the programs of the Card ministry and see what its future beholds, along with getting TNP ambassadors more involved in regions they are assigned to, as he states:
Representing us should be more than a copy and paste job.

MtDemocracy_emote_flag.png
MTdemocracy​

─> Campaign Thread <─
A mostly unknown additional figure has entered the ring for Delegate. MTdemocracy is a member of all of the executive staff programs, along with enlistment in the North Pacifican Army. Most of his platform is still a work-in-progress, and it is fully unclear what his full plan is if he is elected. However, as we are generous enough to report on this newcomer. He has expressed expanding the NPA's role and giving it more attention, along with forming a new branch of the NPA to patrol TNP's endorsement bubbles in a form of a paramilitary. No statements on Communications, Cards, or WA Affairs have been released yet by this candidate's campaign.

Dalimbar_emote_flag.png
Dalimbar​

Dalimbar, an old-timer from early TNP, recently chose to file his candidacy. While his candidacy is most likely more of a humorous bid as his TNP nation isn't actually in the World Assembly and while he doesn't have a platform, he is seen as a very nice touch to this election cycle.

Aland_emote_flag.png
Comfed​

─> Campaign Thread <─
Comfed, like the other two mentioned, is a dark horse candidate. Comfed, however, does not seem to neglect either disadvantages of the other two. Being the radical in this election, he intends to do away with some current things such as 'The Northern Lights' and instead merging into 'Polaris' as 'Pravda', the RMB, the election both, and mock shockingly the Home Affairs ministry. I wish I was joking when I say this. :P
What's Home Affairs for? Here's a shocking fact: no one knows! Under a Comfed administration, it would be gone. Unless there's something I'm not seeing here.
Other policies include spying on our allies to make NSGP more interesting, instill patriotism with the Radio ministry, and have religion conservatives and defenders dictate our decisions when it comes to the World Assembly's General Assembly. Comfed does not seem to fear any other candidates, and despite his very propagandist platform, he certainly is charismatic upon TNPers. He will definetly attract candidates from the RON and meme camps.

RWgVpda.png

Ha2lzvf.png

Default_NS_emote_flag.png
Blue Wolf II​

Similarly to Dalimbar, Blue Wolf's candidacy seems to be more a humorous one─with them not being in the World Assembly on their TNP nation and no platform released. Regardless, it is nice to see an old face in this race. The amount of diversity for this election is quite intriguing. We will have to see if Blue Wolf does intend on being serious instead, as currently, they are the only candidate for the Vice Delegate position.

LD_emote_flag.png
Lord Dominator​

─> Campaign Thread <─
While writing this post, former Justice Lord Dominator has chosen to throw their hat into the ring. While they have easily gained many endorsements in the past few in the recent endotarting campaign, their endorsement size does seem to be a little lackluster. LD themselves, however, has humbly admitted this being a con. Lord Dominator intends to use her spare time to carry where Cretox left off and establish an active Vice Delegacy. She does think the proposed Frontier/Stronghold potential update will do a lot to TNP, but ideally does not believe it will affect the region majorly this term or near in the future. LD will prepare for its fall-out regardless, though.

Lord Dominator intends to have Vice Delegate reports return weekly. They intend to do things the same except for adding a comparison chart to show how TNP is doing compared to other Feeder regions. LD, like Delegate candidate MadJack, wants to review all of the technical scripts and assets the office uses, and see how they can provide competent back-ups. LD furthermore wants to finish all the incomplete plans and ideas that Cortex considered.

Sir_Kasto_campaign_emote_flag.png
Sir Kasto​

─> Campaign Thread <─
Despite beating around the bush previously, Sir Kasto has chosen to enter the race. Kasto, also known by Kastonvia, has been a notable rising star this year in the region. Starting off as an ambassador, Kasto has risen to Deputy Speaker and deputy minister of 5 ministries (Foreign Affairs, Culture, Radio, World Assembly Affairs, and Home Affairs)─balancing all 6 of those tasks and more at the same time.

At first, Kasto chose to decline his VD nomination. However, he changed his mind and decided to file for candidacy. In his platform, he states he wants to "bring something new to the office by going beyond the expected minimum". One of the things he promised to do is connect more with the TNP population, as he states:
One of the many criticisms of the government that I see is that its forum based. There is nothing wrong with a forum-based government, but the government must be connected with the outside world. I hope to lay the stepping stones to this ambitious project.

EY4Brt5.png

BFcRa8P.png

Venicea_emote_flag.png
Venicea​

─> Campaign Thread <─
Venicea is a fresh face to the region. While Venicea became a citizen in November 2020, they only became active this April. Since becoming a deputy speaker in May, they have became a rising star. As East Isles doesn't intend on seeking the speakership again this term, the gates are wide open for Venicea to take the helm. In his campaign thread, Venicea said that many projects carried out by former Speakers that were good ideas have "fallen off the horse". Venicea also implied he felt the Speaker's Office thread was unnecessarily inactive.

Venicea stated that if he were to be elected, he would not bring back the "obsolete" Speaker's Staff. He would stated that his office would promote more transparency and accountable if elected, as he notably noticed that the spreadsheets were heavily neglected and that the office had not done a great job to ensure integrity. He also stated he'd bring back two of Robespierre's projects from his speakership: The "State of the Regional Assembly" reports and "Speakership Performance Review Poll".

On a different note, Venicea stated he intends on doing more house-keeping on Regional Assembly templates and transform the role into more of an impartial, patient role. Venicea believes that the speakership should be treated in a more parliamentary way.

~ What do you think? Do you think this election will be intense? Who else do you think will run? Reply below with your thoughts! ~

Dinoium
TNPT Editor-in-Chief

Last edited:
now I want to run just so I can appear in The North Pacifican Tropical
While admittedly my activity and contributions care questionable due to my unreliablity in modern times, I still gotta admit that when I want to put the time into something, I put it in. This took about 4-5 hours to finish. I’m glad you like it. And regardless, I’m sure if you do run (even if it’s not this election), you can put your mind to it.

I’ve been out of TNP affairs for God knows how long so I’m not sure what really happens, but what I can say is I’ve heard great things about you. I’m sure if you did run for office, I doubt a TNPT appearance would be the only incentive. :P On a more relevant note, though, I’m glad you do like this post.

As stated above in the post header, I’ll be releasing more TNPT material for this election. Just I need to tend to some other things first, as I am busy with school of course. Expect more quality material.

This looks very good. I fully expect to see pro-me propaganda in the near future.
unknown.png

Update to the OP:

• Added a bio for @Comfed's candidacy;
  • Expanded the bios of @Lord Dominator and @Venicea;
  • Added links to the campaign threads for every candidate (if they exist).
If anything else is needed for addition for now, I'll have that done before the end of the night. I think the thread should be caught up to-date now, though.

Mild correction, I do think the F/S proposal will do quite a bit to TNP, but I don't think it will happen during the upcoming term (or any term in the next year or two really).

Mild correction, I do think the F/S proposal will do quite a bit to TNP, but I don't think it will happen during the upcoming term (or any term in the next year or two really).
Oops, my bad. I should’ve read more into that bit of the platform (I rushed that part and assumed it didn’t need any changing). I will correct that error later today. Thank you for pointing that out. Much appreciated.

Back