The Luscova Pact

Nation Name: Mondari

1. Shall the Luscova Pact adopt the Ascana Compromise? [Aye]

If the Ascana Compromise is not adopted, shall the Luscova Pact...
2. Expel Suadivici from the Luscova Pact? [Nay]
3. Expel Rayvostoka from the Luscova Pact? [Aye]

Nation Name: Imperium Suadivici

1. Shall the Luscova Pact adopt the Ascana Compromise? [Nay]

Nation Name: Kingdom of Prydania

Nation Name: The United Clans of Essalanea

3. Expel Rayvostoka from the Luscova Pact? [Aye

Nation Name: Syrixian Empire

2. Expel Suadivici from the Luscova Pact? [Aye]

Nation Name: Second Arcanstotskan Republic

2. Expel Suavidici from the Luscova Pact? [Nay]

While the great houses of the Pact where discussing the issue at hand a new guy showed up. This was Maximilian Ridrich. Former head of the Governmental Intelligence Committee, he was an observant and silent man. Ridrich replaced Graf as he was honorable given the job of Foreign Affairs Advisor of His Majesty's Privy Council.

"My honorable representatives, today's issue I think is pretty one sided. Therefore the Kingdom of Illderia wishes to vote the following way."

Nation Name: Illderia

Nation Name: The Greater Ilian Coalition of the Eastern Leagues of Itrea and Icetio and the Western Regent-Kingdom of Taveris and Isalia.

1. Shall the Luscova Pact adopt the Ascana Compromise? Aye

2. Expel Suadivici from the Luscova Pact? Aye
3. Expel Rayvostoka from the Luscova Pact? Aye

"I think it is safe to call this vote. At six-five the Ascana Compromise passes. At four-seven, Saudivici may remain a member at their discretion. And at ten-one if the Compromise didn't pass, Rayvostoka would've been expelled from this Pact outright. Mr. Menshev, remember, this compromise doesn't mean your government can get comfortable, this Pact expects results or you will be ousted anyway."

Frigo stood up. There was clearly some hesitation this time, and he knew he didn't want to do this. He put on his reading glasses anyway, and picked up his speech, sighing before beginning:
"It is a source of profound regret and disappointment to the Predicean government that the Ascana compromise has now been adopted by this assembly. Predice has been a member of the Pact since its inception. Our delegates in past conferences participated in the drafting of the pact's first charter.
We have been proud to be members, associated with the brotherly nations of the early pact. It has always been our sincere wish and pleasure to co-operate with fellow members of the Pact, attaining the great aims held in common and long cherished by all of us.
Predice, however, finds it impossible to accept the compromise adopted by the assembly, and does not believe that such a compromise will do any good. The last compromise was not enforced, why shall this be any different.
This Pact may accept whoever it wishes, and keep whatever murderous regime within its ranks, but it shall no longer involve Predice. Following the orders of my Government, I hereby announce that, effective immediately, Predice shall withdraw from the Luscova Pact.
It has been the honour of a lifetime to represent my country in these halls, however the Predicean Government has been compelled to conclude, that further cooperation on the issue of Rayvostoka is no longer possible and that the position of the pact is too strongly opposed to that of the Predicean Government."
With a final sigh, Frigo finished, and the Predicean delegation began packing up its things, and Frigo, with a heavy heart, picked up the briefcase, and walked out of the chamber with his aides.

Sharma sighed.

"When Rayvostoka inevitably flouts this compromise and Mr. Frigo is proven right, I want you all to remember this. Today the Pact chose to embarrass itself. On the current track we're on, this Pact is not a lion, but rather a mute kitten, and I pray that this is the last decision of this type we make before we come to our senses."

Last edited:
“If I may, before the honorable representative from Predice leaves. We also have a compromise, kick both of the Aurorian powers out. Our entrance into this alliance has done nothing but create ripples. The Imperium selfishly joined to prevent this body being used as a shield to defend Ravostoska against us. Please do not ruin what you have built for us across the world. If it means keeping your body together let an Aurorian conflict be determined by us. Keep your body together. I will not allow my cultural cousins to be so insulted by the dogs of Palmyra.”

"We would be in favor of this motion." Sharma continued. "Though the Prediceans have unfortunately left already it will ensure that something like this does not happen again."

Albane sighed. "I have made my country's current stance on Rayvostoka abundantly clear, if Rayvostoka does not shape up and honor the compromise they may consider Norsia an enemy by all rights and definitions. If Saudivici is willing or wants to leave then that would make the whole reasonings behind the compromise moot, and considering the vote to remove Rayvostoka was practically unanimous, it would work, But Frigo and along with him Predice, are already gone. Do as you will." Albane sighed.

"I hold hope that the Predicean Government may one day see fit to rejoin us once we have passed sufficient reforms and closed holes. which we should start working on." Albane looked to Sharma.

"The vote passed for the compromise, albeit narrowly. If Rayvostoka did not vote for itself the vote would've been tied. What would be the tiebreaker? Is the prohibition of self voting something we may want to be amended into the charter?"

“While a nice gesture, Predice has already left. There’s no benefit to kicking both the Imperium and Rayvostoka out at this point. Also, while a slim majority, a majority of the Pact did vote for the Ascana Compromise. Completely ignoring that and kicking out the two Aurorian nations because one nation doesn’t like that their side didnt win the vote and now wants to leave over it effectively means that any important nation can just strong-arm the Pact into doing whatever it wants. Im sure a couple nations here would love that to be possible, but I don’t think it would be a good precedent to set. Let’s say the Pact votes and a majority passes a vote that Syrixia or Norsia or whatever nation doesn’t agree with, they could potentially threaten to leave and force the Pact to bend to their will. If the imperium wants to leave on their own that’s up to them, however I dont agree that we should just eject them because Predice is leaving over the Compromise passing. Especially when, to my memory, Frigo didnt make any fuss about the Compromise proposal when it was proposed.”

Last edited:
Flavian ran out of the hall after Frigo.

Speaking in Predican he tried to talk to Frigo:
"Mr.Frigo, please wait. Is there something we can do to work this out?"

"What is the point of this organization? Our stated goal is to help nations who wish to develop and rebuild their nations, and in doing so uplift people who are suffering in this spinning ball we call home. But some of the members of this round table seem to have forgotten this. And I ask you this because what is the point of an grouping of nations with this goal if not to make the hard decision to give people the second chance and put in the work to make it happen."

Ascana sighs as she gathers her paperwork and files.

"Ilia is an old state, an old state with a long memory. And we remember when our Republic was collapsing in on itself from corruption and mishandling; the suffering it brought to our people for a century. We fundamentally believe that this body can be used for good and that's why we are willing to put ourselves in this position. It's a risk to our standing and position yes on a global stage but we fundamentally believe that the reason any previous agreements have failed is because it has allowed two hostile powers to directly antagonize each other distracting from any progress to be made."

Ascana gathers herself for a moment before pointing directly at Shama.

"And I would like you to personally know that you have chosen to embarrass yourself and your nation by choosing to instead of wanting to work towards peace act so flippantly. This is not a lion's den this is a gathering location to collectively help lift each other up to new heights not to stare at each other hungerly waiting for an opportunity to rip the meat from each other's bones., shame on you."

"Now I must take my leave, to inform my govenment about the vote and to start discussing logistics with our Foreign Aid Ministry."

Ascana quietly signs for one of her aides to stay to observe while she exits.

Last edited:
Vargen rose from his seat and frowned

"Well that was a sodding mess, if this unhorsed nonsense continues Essalanea is going to have to seriously consider it it's worth our continues presence. We lost a founding member today, Menshev, your red clan better get its priorities figured out PROMPTLY!!! I need a drink, the air in here is fouled like a horses arse!" Vargen said angrily before turning to leave the hall

Last edited:
"The emblem of my nation is neither lion or kitten, Ambassador Sharma. It is a stag. And has been for four, nearly five, peaceful years after fifteen years of Syndicalist oppression. The interesting thing about stags is that they eat grass and will not attack unless provoked first," Sif said.

"I will not," she continued, "follow in the footsteps of panic like the Imperium, or lament this tragedy like my Norsian and Essalanean counterparts," she added.
"Nor will be lectured on long memories. The most recent scars of my people still haven't healed," she said as she looked over at Ambassador Ascana. She took a sip of water before continuing and turning to the Rayvostokan delegation.

"There is a game played in southern Iteria, I hear the Iraelians and Skandans are both fond of it, called baseball. They have a three strikes and you're out rule, as far as I'm aware. This is Rayvostoka's second strike. Ambassador Menshev," she said as she stood.
"I understand that your regime is used to not having to accept the consequences of its criminal and immoral actions. You jail political prisoners, dispose citizens, brainwash dissidents, and the people of Rayvostoka do not have a means of holding you to account. Your church corrupts scripture, and the people of Rayvostoka have no means of holding you to account. I am ashamed this pact further enabled this attitude. You ran to us to avoid dealing with the consequences of your sabre rattling in Auroria. And we let you in. But no more, because now your regime will be held to account. In some small way, you will have to face consequences for your actions. I have half a mind to join my Pedician friend in walking out of this Pact, but I will stay. Prydania will stay. For now. And if Rayvostoka should falter again we force you to finally face some repercussions. Someone has to, since your regime has so effectively rendered your populous unable to do it themselves."

Albane rose to a stand as well with a tired look on his face.

"Hate me all that you wish, for my ideals. but for the sake of this pact, my communist ideals mean nothing. it is the founding ideas of this Pact that mean everything, this Pact is more important than ideology because it aspired above ideology. But it is being dragged through the mud. Ascana spoke true. This Pact is not another theater for the disgusting games of imperialism and power-mongering. we are here to raise each other up, not knock each other down. We are not Predators here, we don't have delusions of supremacy while looking for and picking on weak and helpless countries to exploit. The emblem of my nation is not a lion or a kitten, it is a wolf. we are regulators of the ecosystem." Albane took a breath before continuing.

"Ms. Kjaer also speaks true. Rayvostoka should and shall face repercussions for their actions against their own people, and we will help because their people cannot do it on their own. If this Pact is to become another haven and battleground of neo-imperialism and ideology, willing to turn people in need like the Rayvostokans away rather than punish the sick regime that is abusing them.." Albane sighed and shook his head. "Then Norsia will withdraw. Because this Pact will be so uncaring, so alien to its original ideas and objectives that we would see no point in our continued membership. We are here to make the world better, not conquer it."

Menshev frowned, he did not enjoy the Predicean ambassador's leaving. Despite their disagreements, Frigo was not a bad man. Sure, he was blinded by his own ideals but many are and for that, he can forgive him. But Sharma he could not. "The Luscova pact is meant to bind nations together under the common goal of mutual assistance whether that be military, economical or other. It is not some cabal of imperialistic hyenas gathered to feast on the warm flesh of impoverished or developing nations like ours." Menshev chugged his soda.

Sif interjected.

"It's your government acting like the predator, waiting to force your tyranny on us."

"That is, if they don't force it on their own people first." Sharma quipped with the irreverence the reds deserved.

"They already have, that is the issue the pact is dealing with right now and have been dealing with. You're just so focused on the fact that their government is communist that you have lost the picture, try to keep up. The first country dictators invade is their own." Albane rises to a stand starting to collect papers and effects."

"Would Me or any other Norsian representative vote for Rayvostoka or a country like them again? Yes. We would because it is adherent to this pact's mission statement of positive relations and development. Though I will admit the fact that admitting Rayvostoka for the reasons they applied for and then admitting Saudivici was two terrible mistakes in a row. But in that mistake, I am not alone. But once such a country is in the pact we can deal with such a country's abuses of its people, like we are now. Which, is also adherent to the pacts' mission statements. and it has been this pact's mission from the beginning. If you are against this, your country should perhaps reconsider its membership. Because it has grossly misidentified what this pact is supposed to be. OR. Your country could take the opportunity given to it and thaw out a dictatorial regime from the inside using pact mandates. Eitherway, this session is officially adjourned, stay if you wish, but I have reform proposals to draft. this pact may require a third treaty." Albane takes his papers and walks out.

Sif Kjær had new bosses. The elections in October had resulted in a Peace not Blood/Conservative coalition. It was strange. The Conservatives were traditionally one of two primary parties in Prydania's democratic tradition but now they were a junior partner- to a new party. And the coalition was definitely far less willing to tolerate governments like the Rayvostokan regime.

In fact she thought there was a chance she'd be recalled. She was an appointment under the previous Free Democratic government. Instead she kept her job, but with new directives. Some of which she, to be honest, was relieved to see.

"Assembled Pact members," she began.
"We joined this alliance in the spirit of friendship, development, and cooperation. And it has been an important pillar in my country's recovery. But..." she looked around.

"Herra Albane insisted a regime like Rayvostoka's would be admitted under the Pact's mission statement of development and outreach. Our Essalanean friends, who Prydanians share a great deal of respect for, have written off the tragedy that befell our country as a mere 'blood feud.' Others in this chamber place their own geopolitical machinations and rivalries over the human rights abuses committed by the Rayvostokan regime."

"Assembled Pact members. My country as suffered. Syndicalist mismanagement sank our economy while Syndicalist tyranny killed four million of our countrymen. For fifteen years our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and children hung from lampposts, our fields burnt, our cities were shelled with artillery on your television sets. Because of ideologies like theirs."
Sif made a gesture, pointing to Rayvostoka's delegation.

"Through all that we have suffered through, and have worked hard to begin rebuilding from, the one thing my country will not suffer is disrespect. We will not let Thomas Nielsens from other lands condescend to us. We will not let a regime and war that killed four million of us be written off as some petty Steppe blood feud. And we will not be asked to bury what's left of our pride and shake hands with more people like them..." again she pointed to Rayvostoka, "for some high minded ideal dreamt up by someone who has never seen Syndicalist or communist tyranny first hand."

"Prydania is ready, willing, and able to be a partner in this pact and others in the name of good will and cooperation amongst freedom-loving peoples. Already, thanks in part to this pact, our agricultural yields have seen massive recovers. Feeding the world is just one way we believe we can contribute. But we won't let ourselves be disrespected and talked down to. Not by communists, and not from delegations we consider our friends and allies. We are not here to be your pantry. We're here to be your partners. We ask to be treated as such."

Sif looked around.
"On that note the Kingdom of Prydania is lodging a request with the LP. The Ascana Compromise is in effect. And Ilian military vessels are off the Rayvostokan/Imperium coast. We request that one Prydanian diplomatic official and one Prydanian military officer be embedded in the Ilian military presence to ensure that Rayvostoka is upholding its end of the compromise to His Majesty's government's satisfaction."

Last edited:
Utyuzhin stayed quiet as Sif delivered her speech, taking a sip of his glass of water.

"I agree with Miss Kjær; the Ascana Compromise may be our last hope for a solution of dialogue and cooperation. However, Ilia is itself a nation wherein communists and far-left elements hold significant political sway. If I may be entirely honest, I do not trust that placing such a government in charge of reforms in Rayvostoka to be wise without some sort of direct oversight."

Albane sat quietly, head hung low as Sif gave her speech. One of the few times he's remained silent on anything.

"I do not see why there is a need to request to send an attache's to Rayvostoka to ensure they are obeying the terms and enacting reforms. The Compromise isn't solely an Ilia affair, though It is reasonable to ask that they go with the Ilian task force, they will be passing us by on the way to Auroria anyway."

Ascana carefully sets down her reading glasses next to her stack of briefings.

"We find this request fair and acceptable. There would be no reason to exclude anyone who wishes to join in this diplomatic venture. While Ilia has agreed to fund this operation we still consider this a full joint venture of the Luscova Pact. But you.."

The older woman said with a tinge of anger as she turned her head to the delegate from Arcanstotska.

"I will not suffer any more attacks on my government. We are a free and fair democratic state with a myriad of checks and balances. And more varied political parties and schools of thought in government then some of the other states in this body combine. We have had 5 different coalitions in the last 40 years alone with everything from the solid right to the solid left. That is without even factoring that the Communist League of Ilia is a staunch anti-authoritarian and pacifist party with a LONG history of working within the system in Ilia. The Coalition and frankly I myself am getting quite tired of repeating this."

Last edited:
Menshev nodded his head towards the Prydanian ambassador. He respected her passion and although he could not relate to much of what she said. The time of forcing collectivization had been long before his time although he knew of its continued use and the troubles that came with it. But at least in his mind, he saw that as that being a temporary thing that which they could overcome. But as the old Rayvostokan saying goes. "One bad swig of Vodka will ruin the appetite for more." and the Prydanians clearly had a bad swig. But it was not his place to argue that now.

"The nation of Rayvostoka accepts this if it will appease the delegation from Prydania."

Last edited:
Gaiseric paused before the great doors, he had not set foot in the hall since the pact's inauguration, it seemed a lifetime ago. What had started as a hopeful alliance between a few closely knit nations had grown and thrived into a continent-spanning alliance, but with its new reach had come all the dark temptations and dangers that power always brought. The Rayvostokan affair had been divisive, friends had quarrelled, ideologies thrown like bombs, and founding members given cause to leave the pact altogether. The hopeful child that was the luscova pact had grown now into an unruly youth and its growing pains were seemingly unceasing.

Despite this, Gaiseric still believed in the pact, he believed in the idea of an organization that could stand before the world and lift up struggling nations regardless of their politics. The pact could still be saved, its flaws mended and divisions healed, it just needed to focus and to move beyond the current ideological mayhem that was ruining any hope of sensible discussion. The Syrixians had opened old wounds, one had to wonder if it was done deliberately, they had used the very real pain of Prydania and Predice to try and turn the chamber into some sort of anti-Comintern mob. Gaiseric would need to pour water on their fire quickly, he would not allow vultures to pick apart the alliance he had helped build.

The great doors opened and he walked forward into the assembly chamber, taking a deep breath before he did so, he felt as though he was going into battle, and really? perhaps he was. He ascended the podium, taking care not to trip upon his cloak, and readied himself to speak. He took in the faces of the room, some friendly, others less so, the mood in the hall was sour and if knives had been present he suspected they would be drawn. Leaning forward he spoke

"Brother and Sister nations of the pact, I come before you today in an attempt to bridge our divisions, the year 2021 has seen us face unprecedented internal challenges. We have argued, passions have run high and compromise has not always been successful, the pact as I'm sure you all realize is far from perfect. The admission of Rayvostoka has been controversial and has caused much pain and opened many an old wound.

When my representative spoke to downplay the role syndicalism played in Prydania's misery, he did so out of passion, he wanted to speak to our pacts greater hope, the idea that political ideology could be put aside in favour of uplifting nations from poverty and oppression. Sadly he underestimated just how deep the trauma Prydania has suffered goes, many of my kinsfolk struggle to understand the worldviews of other nations, unhorsed politics can often seem to be nothing more than clan conflicts writ large, I am not so ignorant. I have been to Prydania, I have seen the mass grave sites, heard the stories of victims and seen the countless memorials. I do not pretend to understand such pain, even the destruction my own people suffered during the Karg war pales in comparison. I do not understand Prydanias pain, but I will never attempt to make light of it. Representative Sif, my people spoke out of turn and it is my responsibility as King to own up to that failure and promise that we will do better as allies and as friends.

It would be the height of ignorance to suggest that Prydania or now absent Predice simply put aside their painful histories with communism, these wounds run far too deep for that. I am no friend of communism, right now countless Essalaneans are fighting and dying against the armies of New Aleman, Essalaneans value our freedom and will fight oppression regardless of its source. When Ducrijecka committed its heinous acts against Andrenne, we were amongst the nations that responded, we travelled alongside Prydania's troops to fight against terrorism, and when Andrenne became the terrorist? we and our Prydanian allies chose to preserve our honour by walking away from that genocidal conflict. We have stood shoulder to shoulder many times, I do not wish to see that spirit of unity and shared sacrifice lost for the sake of Rayvostoka.

Rayvostoka is a nation ruled over by truly foul individuals, Menshev has told you that they are modernised and committed to reform, I have yet to see proof of this. So far I have heard testimonials proving that they imprison their people at will, that re-education and brutality are widespread. I do not expect Prydania or any nation here to welcome such a government into the pact, with open arms or otherwise, however, should its people be denied a chance at something better for the sake of a few vile tyrants. I am not here to ask you to accept Rayvostokan communism, I am certainly not here to vouch for men who I would likely put to the sword if circumstances were different. I will however ask you to help me to ease the misery that the common people of Rayvostoka face, let us aid this nation in mending its ways by supporting moderate groups and demanding in no uncertain terms that rayvostoka, CLOSE DOWN THE CAMPS!

Essalanea and Prydania have stood against tyranny before, I now offer the hand of friendship once more in hopes that together we can enforce a better peace, that together we can use the Ascana compromise to change Rayvostoka for the better. And if they violate this new and final treaty? I swear to Prydania and every member of this chamber that I will personally make them pay dearly for it. This pact can be more then another ideological bloc, we can hold true to the principles of re-development and unity between nations, we can do this and still oppose hypocrisy and tyranny when we see it. Rayvostoka, you have a final chance to remedy your sins, do not squander this chance, you are on the thinnest of ice and if you choose to tread with heavy footfalls, no one in this assembly will save you when the ground cracks open and you fall through. "

Albane took a deep breath as Gaiseric finished his speech, now it was his turn to speak up.

"I must also apologize if I have belittled or made light of the trauma Prydania and Predice have endured and continue to endure. While Norsia has its own share of trauma, some of which I myself am guilty of inflicting, it does not compare to what you have experienced. It was never my intent to harm you. Norsia remains committed to its obligations and its allies, Predice is gone from this pact, but we will still honor the treaties with them as we seek to sign new independent ones with them. And Norsia as always stands by its promises. If Rayvostoka fails not only will we not help when the ground breaks under them, we will cut the rope and throw it in."

Albane looked down and read through the papers on his desk as he sighed.

"As my last act as First Secretary and as representative of Norsia, I would like to put in a proposal of reform. I have been thinking about this since our last session, and these reforms make sense to me, I would like to work on making it something agreeable with the rest of this chamber, and possibly even expand the list of potential reforms. And I believe the High Chief will have something to add to this, who better to represent Essalanea? I propose the following."

• The First Secretary shall no longer be a representative seat working for both the interests of their country and the Pact itself, but an impartial administrative position beholden only to the Organization of the Pact.
  • The First Secretary be able to propose legislation and set the agenda.
  • Be properly empowered to mediate and keep order within the assembly of representatives. Be able to demand apologies, retraction of statements, and order be restored to the chamber. Remove disruptive elements from the Assembly in session.
"My reasonings for these proposals are quite plain. The first point, the fact of the matter is, I have not been a good First Secretary and I will admit that. I have been juggling to serve the interests of my country and of the pact, and I have been failing to serve either in any truly decent capacity. The First Secretary the elected face of this assembly should not have the potential for such a conflict of interest, it is an insult to this pact. The second point I feel should be obvious, sometimes it feels like we do not have any particular direction to go in, and I feel like that may be the root of some issues. If nothing else it may be worth it to discuss this.

And the last point. Too often our debates and discussions turn into arguments and shouting matches, one time I was physically beaten! While I may laugh about that and hold no ill towards Mr. Frigo, who has left this chamber... This cannot go on. We are an assembly of representatives, not a bunch of schoolyard brats damn it! Our debates should not become a runaway train of tension and anger with no means of defusing the tension. we need a proper means of mediation and dispute resolution."

Utyuzhin rose from his seat. "Arcanstotska will support these reforms. Additionally, Arcanstotska would like to contribute a small naval detail to accompany the Illian fleet to Rayvostoka, and our own team of overseers to ensure Rayvostoka complies with the Pact's wishes. Additionally, I would like to extend a formal apology to the Illian representative present."

Last edited:
2uT4pmP.png

Ministère de l'étrangère de l'Outremont
Ultramont Ministry of the Exterior
21 Décembre 2021

Most excellent nations of the Luscova Pact,

The Republic of Ultramont wishes to seek membership within the economic, infrastructural, and defence partnerships of the pact.

We understand there is and has been an exclusionary precedent set about by several Aurorian nations concerning our sovereignty. It is asked that this be forgone in the sake of international development and security.

Your acceptance should be appreciated and trust that Ultramont shall be a nation which another can rely on in perpetuity.

Take care to know, messieurs and mesdames, our most distinguished salutations,

Jean Michel Payette
Minister of the Exterior

Les plus excellentes nations de la pacte de Luscova,

La République de l'Outremont à le désir d'acquérir l'adhésion à la pacte Luscova dans les cadres de l'économie, l'infrastructure et la défense.

Nous reconnaissons qu'il y a et qu'il avait une précédente d'exclusion remis par quelques nations des Aurores concernant notre souveraineté. Nous vous demandons qu'il soit négligé en raison de la développement et la sûreté mondiale.

Votre garanti sera apprécié, veuillez comprendre que l'Outremont sera une nation de laquelle une autre pourra se reposer éternellement.

Nous vous prions de croire, messieurs, mesdames, nos salutations les plus distinguées,

Jean Michel Payette
Ministre de l'étrangère

Last edited:
"We have several outstanding issues to tackle. namely the applications of Lesta, Navsland, and Ultramont. Being mindful that we have an active reform proposal from Norsia also on the floor. I would like to understand more about Lesta, what the government its economy, and culture are like before I motion for their vote. as for Navsland and Ultramont, we can move straight to a vote if no one has anything they want to discuss. But this discussion will be kept civil for Gods sake."

'I concur with Representative Albane." Menshev took a sip of his soda only to choke slightly, coughing for a minute or two on the soda he had just drank.

“My government is more than willing to admit Navsland they are a legitimate and important member of the international community. However the government of his imperial majesty will not tolerate the inclusion of another one of its territories in open rebellion. Would this body be willing to take in Tristane with open arms? I would think not. Much like Palmyra Tenebria was and is a part of the imperium. It was ripped away by merchants from duchies of Saintonge, and after the province was secured again Predicians came and fought to ensure that Tenebria would remain in rebellion. This body, while containing many nations that show great wisdom, would have little knowledge of the Imperium and it’s situation so allow me to shine a light.”

Mr.Flavian stopped and took a breathe before continuing. He shuffled his papers around and prepared to speak.

“There is a little rhyme that young Suavidici learn about our history it goes ‘they come in five, they come in five, their bullets sting worse than bees from a hive, the shoot in five.’ This rhyme is in reference to the five powers that came and exerted their will on the Imperium during our weakened state. First came Syrixia who came and opened the country by force. Then came the duchies of Saintonge who stole away the island of Boriea, then came the Predicians who kept the island away, and finally came Arcanstoska who stole Palmyra. The nations of Craviter and meterra have known war this I understand and respect. The Suavidici however faced war from powers that contained weapons we did not know of at the time. Guns, and cannon while our legionaries used swords and shields! Nations have commented about our reasoning for doing what we do, and why we protect the nations of Auroria like we do. Look to our history and see how the outside world treated us, we would see to protect Auroria from that.”

Mr.Flavian took a moment and thought about what he wanted to say.

“Tenebria should not be allowed to sit amongst the members of this body because, it simply is not a country. It is a stolen province of the imperium, and admission would not only confirm the byproducts of colonialism but speak on the territorial sovereignty of the Imperium itself.”

with that Mr.Flavian sat down.

"Seeing as the "Province of Palmyra" or in non-Imperialist terms, The People's Republic of Rayvostoka is already a member of the Pact. I see no reason as to why the Great nation of Ultramont should not be admitted into the pact. They are our closest partner in Auroria and have served as a beacon of medical innovation. The nation of Rayvostoka may have its flaws but Ultramont has none. And the only reason why I think anyone would not accept such an exemplary nation into this pact is the fear of a collapsing sphere of influence. Which the nation of Rayvostoka or as my Imperial counterpart would call it, "The Rebellious Province of Palmyra" will not support or uphold any system which suppresses a nation's sovereignty especially when it is under a fair and democratic system." Menshev glared at Flavian.

"I would also mention that the Imperium has not learned from the injustices of the past, is repeating the same imperialist actions of those that plundered it centuries ago. As now that it has the power to flex its muscles it abuses its power for its own personal gain. Trying to restrict certain countries in their ability to trade, in their ability to even be recognized as a country. And a policy of fear and injustice is just not something this pact can stand for." Menshev took a sip of his drink and looked at the rest of the Representatives. "The nation of Rayvostoka has flaws, I admit but it is not a good standard to set if we are to be selective with who we criticize in how a nation conducts its foreign affairs especially when it affects the nations around them in a negative and controlling way." Menshev took a breath and leaned forward continuing to glare at the Imperial representative.

Back