The Luscova Pact

Ascana quietly stands up staring down Mr. Flavian, carefully balancing herself with her chair.

"You go on and on about history and about how the world has been so mean to you. The world has been mean and vicious to all of us. Its not a unique part of your history. Ilia has had violent uprisings and invasions, Prydania has had violent uprisings and invasions. A lot of members who sit here before you have been used in the machination of empires and larger entities in their past or while we were at our lowest."

The elder lady clears her throat taking a quick sip of water that an aide hands her.

"The difference here is none of us are using these past trauma to abuse others. You have become the husband who was hit by his dad and so now he strikes his own son. You can not and will not impose your iron will upon freely governing people while a member of this organization. The fact you wish to gatekeep people an entire people from the international community makes me believe you are no better then your counterparts in Rayostovka. What would you do if this 'Tenebria' is returned to you? Will you cut them off from international aide, will you repress their people and their culture and customs? Will you put them in camps to reeducate them into being 'proper' imperium subjects instead of people who truly believe that they are a united entity in and of themselves with a right to determine their own fate outside of the emperor wrathful need to control everything around him? The land it may have been yours at one point and the reparations for its lose is something your government can bring up with the states that harassed yours. But we aren't talking about land, we are talking about people. And you most surely do not own these people."

Ascana resolutely stands refusing to sit down until an answer is brought to her charges.

Last edited:
“Quite frankly I do not understand where these allegations of camps or anything are coming from. There surely is land that Illia lays claim to. This is land the Imperium lays claim to. There will be no repression. There is oppression of Suavidici and Umbrial speaking populations in both Rayvostoska and Ultramont. Does the term Imperium scare our fellow nations? We are an empire, yes but that is due to having an Emperor. We are NOT after conquest over the globe, the war in Yamantau is over and dusted with. We would do nothing more to anyone who enters the imperium as we do to imperial citizens. Stand if you must, but the imperium will do nothing it is accused of. You seem to not know anything of the imperium.”

Falvian remained sitting.

“In addition, the imperium has been opposed to colonialism since the centuries of humiliation we faced. Yes the world has seen invasions, but there is a difference between invasion and the exploitation and destruction that the imperium faced. Illia was also a colonial power, yes? Illia continues to oppose Syrixia yes? Do not stand here and accuse the imperium when there is NO basis for it. We have numerous immigrant communities, Yalkan, Astrican, and more. Do not claim we are repressive.”

"Mr. Menshev your countries' 'flaws' are gross violations against the base rights of humanity, you don't get the right to grandstand, certainly not for the pact, not right now."

Albane turns his attention to an advisor next to him as an advisor starts whispering something his microphone does not pick up. Albanes expression sours a bit as he listens and he makes a pointed gesture to Flavian, after a few seconds he comes back. Albane gazes between Ascana and Flavian, taking a non-argumentative and matter-of-factly tone, rather than his usual jovial or argumentative one.

"This chamber will be kept civil. disruptions or violence will not be tolerated, please and thank you.." he clears his throat.

"I find myself in agreeance with Ms. Ascana, though not with her accusations. These territories were taken from the Imperium long ago, and since then they have formed their own identities and cultures based on their histories and experiences. These territories did not break away from you within this lifetime or even the last. It has been ages since these territories were taken away, and it has been ages since they have become independent. Who are they rebelling against, themselves? They can't be rebelling against you, your government hasn't had any authority over them for several generations, most of them no longer see themselves as Saudivici. They are independent territories now, if they wanted to rejoin the Imperium on their accords, they would have. Are they really still your people and territory? The fact of the matter is, too much time has passed, this isn't a matter of the Imperium simply regaining lost territory, this is about the rights of those peoples to determine their fates. If the Imperium forces itself upon these people now, then there is little to no distinction from what they are doing from what the Empires of old have done to the Imperium; beyond the level of annihilation they bring in the process."

"Well if no one has anything left to say, let's begin the votes for Navsland and Ultramont."

Code:
Nation Name: (NATION NAME HERE)

Admit Navsland into the Pact? [Aye | Nay | Abstain]
Admit Ultramont into the Pact? [Aye | Nay | Abstain]

Nation Name: Norsia

Admit Navsland into the Pact? [Aye]
Admit Ultramont into the Pact? [Aye]

"Against my personal better judgment, We vote aye for Ultramont. This pact was created for countries like Ultramont, there is no reason to bar them from this pact because it makes one member angry, barring them from this pact would be hypocritical to our mission. soo.. come what may."

Nation Name: Rayvostoka

"The nation of Ultramont has no limiting factors and for that reason the nation of Rayvostoka has no reason not to vote Aye for Ultramont."

Nation Name: Syrixian Empire

Sharma said nothing. She knew better this time; and Ascana had already done her job for her. Hopefully it would only be a matter of time now.

"I'm afraid I do have something to say," Sif said bluntly.
"Herra Menshev once again lies through his teeth. He criticizes the Imperium for attempting to delegitimize the sovereignty of others. While his nation once again refuses to acknowledge my government's legitimacy. Or that of Norsia. Or Syrxia. Or Essalanea for that matter. Herra Menshev can have an opinion on the Imperium's conduct when his regime recognizes the legitimacy of ALL of this pact's governments. And not a moment before."

"Regarding Ultramont, the Kingdom of Prydania rejects the Imperium's position on the basis of fait accompli- the Republic of Ultramont has effective and functional sovereignty over its claimed territories and is a functional and sovereign state. There is no logic in denying this reality. While Prydania considers the Imperium a valued trading partner, this grandstanding won't be tolerated by this delegation. Prydania won't allow the Imperium's bullish delusions dictate who it cooperates and trades with."

"With that said, Prydania warns this pact- it will not send its young men and women to die for Aurorian interests or for Aurorian squabbles. Nor will the Kingdom of Prydania support criminal regimes. Our membership in this pact has been tested, often by those who call themselves our friends. We will not be afraid to walk away if any of you ask us to sacrifice more of our young men and women to die for the Imperium. Or Ultramont. Or God forbid the criminal regime in Rayvostoka. Head this warning, because this pact risks failing through over ambition. By attempting to grow too fast Pact leadership has led us into the lobster trap of Aurorian factional politics. I hope, and pray, your ambition is not this pact's undoing."

Nation Name: Kingdom of Prydania

Last edited:
Karla of the clan Rugen shifted uncomfortably in her seat, she didn't like the chairs here, too soft. An adjudicator from the ascetic peoples of eastern Essalanea, Karla was used to being around large legislative bodies, though usually in less refined surroundings, her temporary assignment here was a surprise, to her more than anyone else. Vargen Hureg had officially been recalled for "temporary leave" that was a polite way of saying he was young, hotheaded, and had been stood down while Gaiseric tried to fix the damage his "tribal" comment had caused with Prydania. Karla doubted the young man would be gone very long, he was the king's favorite and even this minor diplomatic scandal was unlikely to change that, still, it left her in the unenviable position of having to smooth over the cracks.

She stifled the urge toward emotion repeating the ancient mantra's of Ruug in her head until the feeling of nervousness dissipated "I am the steady hand which holds the sword, I am the cold steel that cuts the flesh"

Emotion was not regarded as useful amongst the Rugen, they served Essalan and Ziu by focusing upon the only thing that mattered, the perfection of mind and body in the most unforgiving land in Craviter, if Vargen was a wildfire, she was a glacier. She had two primary objectives, firstly to ensure the Utramount vote passed and secondly to try and push reforms that would help stabilize a currently unruly pact. King Gaiseric had watched with growing anger as the pact had teetered on the brink, he hoped that the potential inclusion of liberal democracies could help right the badly off course alliance. She personally couldn't care less for the pact or its member states, she longed to be back in the cold east, longed to chant the song of the monolith while snow leopards roared in the distance. However, she was a true born scion of Essalan, her king had commanded and she would obey.

"Representative Sif is correct, the pact has moved too fast and with too much ambition, a failing my government has had no small hand in, we must move equally quick to fix the problems of this alliance if it is to survive. My king has relayed to me an important proposal:

King Gaiseric suggests that we institute a provisional membership system, that is to say, a series of milestones that potential members must meet before gaining full membership within this assembly. This may include the understanding that they do not engage in violations of human rights, have no outstanding conflicts with other members and do not engage in militaristic or economic aggression, we hope that this will help avoid any future debacles"

She paused, let the words sink in, the mantra had worked, she felt no emotion save the calm logic of her argument. She scanned the room and regarded the Aurorian delegates, Menshev, a pre-diabetic communist shill, and Flavian, another unhorsed peacock flashing his feathers and squawking his emperor's demands. The unhorsed disgusted her, they were worldly, emotional, and overly concerned with comfort and title, she would never understand the Volkmann and Kimbri and their need to be close to such base people. It would have been better to remove both nations, like amputating gangrenous limbs, both Rayvostoka and the imperium seemed like cancerous sores on the once healthy body of Luscova.

She realized that she was letting emotion in again and slowly repeated her mental exercises, chanting the mantra of stilling in her head until even her disgust felt distant.

"I am the frost on the bones of failures, the stone that holds the world aloft, I am silence and I am unmoved"

Calm restored she announced the united clan's decision before sitting back into the chair, it was disgustingly comfortable, she hoped the weakness of these worldly things would not infect her.

Nation Name: The United Clans of Essalanea

"Since my leadership of the pact has been so terrible, and it is considered that my credibility to this pact and as a diplomat in general, is shot.. effective immediately I am stepping down as First Secretary, and at the conclusion of this vote I will give my representative seat to my successor. He can introduce himself when I am gone." There was an exasperated, sad, and tired tone to Albane's words.

"If these are the requisites for a probationary member to gain full membership status of this pact, then how would you say full members who do not meet these requirements be handled? Should they be put back on notice as well? What do you consider to be an outstanding conflict among members? There are quite a few members in this chamber that would be put on probation. at that point, you might as well just declare the pact non-functioning." the staff around Albane all stopped what they were doing and all looked at him with expressions of surprise and worry, save for one man who continued work on his papers as he chuckled. A member of the Norsian staff went to pull Albane away from the microphone but seemed to think better of it as Albane stared them down.

Albane turns back and continues "Let's see... Syrixia depends if you consider neomercantilism and a delusional foreign policy where they are everyone's cukrový táta* to be economically aggressive. Aydin.. its rich upper-class party like nothing is wrong, its Sultan is a high and drunk fool while the lower classes suffer in squalor and mediocrity. He isn't worth the shit his people are forced to live in! The Sultan ships his own sisters off to foreign men like they're slabs of meat on a market, political pawns to be bought and sold for some kind of political edge, If that is not a human rights violation I do not know what is! I'll tell you what that is, that is slavery! I would say the Essalaneans should be ashamed for even going with it, but at least with them, Princess Emel is safer than with her own kin, ano?* The clans know what honor is. I regret ever favoring the investigation, we should have just thrown them out. And I regret ever advocating for Rayvostoka and the Imperium, my government's wishes or not. my own naivete for thinking this pact could affect some kind of positive change to such a disgusting ass-backward regime like the one in Rayvostoka; when certain delegations have worked so hard and succeeded to polarize it politically!"

Albane pulled back from the microphone breathing a bit harder, he grabbed the water bottle in front of him and started to down it like he was dying of thirst in a desert.

cukrový táta - sugar dad
Ano - yes

Leaning back in his chair, Mason started massaging his temple, Albane stepping down as First Secretary was slightly worrisome. He had been an agreeable figure in the Pact and usually aligned pretty well with what Mason supported. Along with that, the entrance of Ultramont seemed like it had all but passed at this point, and while Mason recognizes that Ultramont would be a good fit for the Pact and a nation that aligns pretty well with Mondari’s politics, supporting their membership would probably also hurt Mondari’s relationship with Suavidici. Mason leaned forward in his chair to come a few inches from the microphone “Mr. Albane leave is sad to see, your contributions to the Pact have been significant, I hope that your successor can do as fine of a job as you have. Now, on the issue of Ultramont and Navsland. While they seem like they could be a pretty decent fit in the Pact, with all that’s going on at the moment, I do not think that admitting new members is a great idea. However, it seems like most of the people here do support their entrance, so I won’t be the one to stand in the way of that… with all that being said…”

Nation Name: The Republic of Mondari

Admit Navsland into the Pact? [Abstain]
Admit Ultramont into the Pact? [Abstain]

Last edited:
Ascana finds herself at a cross roads with the vote that has been put forward. As she looks over two different communique one from the Premier instructing her to have the Coalition reject both of the outstanding applications due to the possibility it could unravel the comprising that Ilia is spearheading. But the other, directly from her boss, Director el Trecht telling her that it would be a violation of our principles and core tenants to vote against these. She sighs heavily before whispering to her aide "Make sure my Taveric Whiskey is chilled for when I get home, it's going to be a long night to smooth this over". Then fills out the vote for the Coalition.

Nation Name: The Greater Coalition of the Eastern Leagues of Itrea and Icetio and the Western Regent-Kingdom of Taveris and Isalia

Admit Navsland into the Pact? Aye
Admit Ultramont into the Pact? Aye

Last edited:
Albane looked to the white-haired man next to him and they exchanged a few words. After a brief unheard conversation, Albane and the man both rose to a stand. Albane took the man's hand and gave it a firm shake before they gave each other a courteous hug. The new man sat down in Albanes chair as Albane started to quietly leave the room assisted by another member of the Norsian staff. The new man had a cool and determined expression as they looked at each representative.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Josef Dohnal, I have been acting as Mr. Albanes deputy since the admission of the Imperium. I regret to inform you all that Mr. Albane is feeling deeply unwell and does not believe he can continue his duties. From this point on I will be taking over his duties, and the representation of Norsia within the pact."
The vote for the admission of Navsland and Ultramont has concluded. both votes tally 8 Ayes 0 Nays 2 Abstention. both states are now members of the pact.

Last edited:
Mme Darcy Dupuy entered the chamber. Her long flight to Luscova had entailed many many hours of preparation for her introductory speech. She greeted all the members as she slipped past several desks to finally be seated at her own. She quickly threw her belongings under the bureau and stood up to address the chamber.

"I would like to first like to thank Monsieur Albane for his service. I do not wish to detract from his work with my entrance. I know—not from experience, rather from my own observation—that Monsieur Albane has had to endure more than a leader would probably wish to endure in their entire lifetime. All of this in service to the Luscova Pact. For this, I wish to applaud him, and welcome his new replacement, Monsieur Dohnal."

Mme Dupuy proceeded to straighten out one of her earrings before moving on to her next point.

"It is with honour that I also welcome my colleagues from Navsland. It pleases me to know that I join alongside another ambitious and independent nation in Auroria, committed to the tenets of the Luscova Pact. It is equally an honour to finally serve with our friends in Ravos..."

Mme Dupuy noticed the five empty cans of soda littered across Mr. Menshev's desk.

"R... Rayvostoka... Um... and we wish that together we can dispel the injurious claims that our nations belong to any other power than our own. We understand it is controversial to welcome nations with such strings attached. But that welcome, you will find, mesdames and messieurs, will have benefited this Pact in shifting its policy further from the bias of imperializing actors. We are confident in the hopes that this Pact will move even further, too."

Dupuy slyly cast a glance at Mr. Flavian before continuing to the rest of the chamber.

"Now, on the basis of the current matter of Mme Ascana's compromise. The Republic of Ultramont has not much to offer in terms of objective as the scheme in its permanence has already been put into effect. However, as a plenipotentiary appointed by the Premier of Ultramont, I am fully prepared to receive and assist any LP military craft into the Boreus strait for refuelling or for docking. Auroria is an inordinate distance from Ilia, and we desire our allies base themselves securely in the region without having to travel back to Gothis. This is all for the time being."

Dupuy proceeded to sit down.

Last edited:
"Herra Albane," Sif Kjær said, "was remains a good man. His tenure as leader of this Pact was not perfect, but then nothing ever is."

She looked around at the assembled delegates, taking a few extra moments to study the new arrivals.

"He believed in this Pact. So much so that he championed admissions in the idealistic hope that the Pact and the aspiring nations might better each other. God above knows that he and I did not agree with many of these choices, but Herra Albane chose to try. And that will always be worthy of commendation."

"In relation to the King of Essalanea, I feel compelled to stress that Prydania views Essalanea as a partner, a friend, and someone who we have shed blood with. The apology offered by King Gaiseric is humble accepted."

Sif gave Karla of Rugen a knowing nod.

"But this brings us to Herra Albane once again. He was faced with the question of leadership and he rose to meet it. He tried. As imperfect as it was, it was also admirable. And it falls on us to see through the aftershocks of his labour."

"We have admitted four Aurorian nations. All of which are somehow involved in a tangled web of infighting. I don't cast judgement. Craviter was not so different so long ago. In some ways it still is like that. But the LP has allowed us to alleviate some of this."

"The Prime Minister of Prydania has made it clear that His Majesty's government prefers peace in Auroria over anything else, and that Imperium attempts to draw lines in the sand do not bode well for Aurorian peace or this pact."

"Prydania considers the Imperium an important trading partner. We have also historically engaged in trade with Ultramont. The issues of sovereignty did not concern us, and so we did not get involved. Until now, when it is being forced upon us. The people of Ultramont are sovereign, Herra Flavius," she said, turning to the Imperium's ambassador.

"They are sovereign, independent, and posses functional control over their territory. We further see no validity to the claims that Ultramont oppresses the Suavidici population within their borders. So if the Imperium says to us that we must choose between them and Ultramont we say 'no.' We will continue to engage in working partnerships with both until one of you ends these working relationships. And if the party that forces the issue insists on such self-destructive behaviour than the Kingdom of Prydania will re-evaluate its trade commitments with said party."

"Further," Sif continued, "the shared culture between the Suavidici and Ultramontese peoples could be a valuable building block towards a better Pact, and a better Auroria. His Majesty's government believes that Ultramont and the Imperium working together will benefit both and force much needed reform in Rayvostoka."

Sif turned a hostile gaze to Herra Menshev.
"Their brutality and hostility is enabled. It's enabled by Imperium and Ultramontese tensions that drive Ultramont to seek out common ground with a brutal communist dictatorship. By finding common ground here Ultramont and the Imperium can send the message that Rayvostoka's continued role in regional and, indeed, world affairs is only welcome if they reform. King Gaiseric of Essalanea insisted this Pact can be used to force positive change. This is one such example. If the Imperium and Ultramont come together they can impact meaningful and peaceful change."

“His Imperial majesty has sent a message to my office that may prove to be enlightening. The Imperium is willing to recognize Ultramont as an independent nation, that enjoys protection. We would ask that Ultramont ends it’s partnership with Palmyra and, the Constantine doctrine is reinforced and accepted by the members of this organization. Ultramont does not share the government of hate that Palmyra does, and his Imperial majesty, the senate, the tribune of the plebs, and the consuls would be willing to negotiate with Ultramont and the other Kyllian nations of Eras a working partnership for our culture.”

Mr.Flavian stood and reached his hand out to the representative of Ultramont and yelled “Ave Ultramont, ave Kyllian Fraternities! I can produce a signed document by the Imperator himself.”

Josef smiled and nodded to Sif and the new representatives, though even when genuinely smiling he somehow manages to have a stern look. "Thank you for the kind words, I will make sure Pane Albane hears them, he needs to hear them it will do his mind and health a lot of good. My government and I are committed to the stabilizing of pact ties and the return to common ground. I share Albane's belief in the pact and what it can do, though I also have to agree that the pact has grown too quickly and while Albane meant well, he was too ambitious to grow the pact quickly." Josef looked between Flavian, Zuberi, and Darcy.

"On the topic of Auroria, I do not feel it is appropriate to ask us to 'reinforce' the Constantine doctrine either through the pact as a whole or independently. This organizations' very nature is a forum for countries to come together for the sake of mutual assistance and cooperation, free of the influence of stronger and more imposing powers. Every country that joins this pact accepts that it is equal with the other members. Thus, I believe this pact is inherently anti-imperialist. If more Aurorian nations than just the Imperium petition my country to accept the Constantine doctrine, then we will, but until then we cannot do that with a good conscience. We believe that would be recognizing and accepting a self-imposed Imperium dominion. I will also say, however, That my government has no neo-imperialist or neo-mercantilist interests in Auroria. The only interests we have in Auroria are our mutually agreed trade commitments with countries in the region, and our obligations with this pact. Any and all Norsian military presence in Auroria is dedicated to protecting our allies and merchant protection. As such, I make my government's promise that our Armed Forces will never enter a countries territorial waters, airspace or set foot on their sovereign soil without express permission, nor will they waylay, intercept or interfere with other vessels or aircraft in any way not expressly related to the defense of our own; or that of an ally."

Dupuy examined the document provided by Mr. Flavian.

"This new intelligence comes as a terrible surprise to both me and my correspondents back in Gabréal. I must say that I am genuinely surprised to witness such a speedy and thoughtless reversal of hundreds of years of compulsive irredentism. Understand, that I will be treating this with my due diligence and a necessary pinch of scrutiny, no matter how legitimate these claims are." Dupuy said, shaking the piece of paper in the air.

"I cannot provide you an answer until I correspond with Premier Beaudouin. That is all I will say now, monsieur."

Dupuy promptly exited the chamber to relay with the government of Ultramont.

Mme Dupuy reentered the room with a torn envelope, she returned to her desk and pulled the contents out whilst hanging her black coat along the spine of her chair. She courteously took the floor.

"I've conferred with my associates in Ultramont and we have agreed upon a response to Monsieur Flavian's proposal which we have decided is just and fitting in light of current affairs."

Dupuy unfolded the letter which bore the embossed header: "27 DÉCEMBRE, 2021, BUREAU DU PREMIER MINISTRE DE L'OUTREMONT". She quickly scanned over the letter before facing the rest of the room.

"Premier Beaudouin and I have decided that we will accept the conditions put forth by Monsieur Flavian of the Imperium Suavidici... if.... they may abide by a simple concession stipulated by the government of Ultramont. We have judged such a compromise as equitable, Monsieur Flavian, as your recognition is well received and well honoured, but it is not a requisite objective for my government represented here in the Luscova Pact. That being said, we concede that Ultramont will sever ties with the People's Republic of Rayvostoka and endorse the recognition of Ultramont's sovereignty by the Imperium Suavidici, and vice versa, if the Imperial Suavidici withdraws from the Three part plan establishing its stakes in the Faraways Condominium."

Dupuy gently slid the document onto the table.

"The Faraways will be shared by Ultramont and the Scalvian Federation to extents which are to be determined later. We understand that the Faraway Islands were not territory that the Imperium had ever laid claim to, and its intent to conspire against Ultramont for expressing its sovereignty there culminated in the current tripartite condominium over the island. If this simple concession can be granted, Rayvostoka will lose Ultramont's support, and my country shall begin reparative relations with yours. What say you, Monsieur Flavian?"

Dupuy quietly passed a folded note to Mr. Menshev as she finished her oration: "DON'T WORRY, DISCUSS LATER!!!"

Last edited:
The Norsian staff member that had earlier assisted in keeping Albane steady as he walked out of the chamber had returned. She had returned and handed Josef an envelope stamped with the Imperial seal, he opened it and began to read quietly shifting between the two papers that the envelope contained. After a minute of silence, he rose to a stand and began to read it loudly for everyone to hear.

"White Palace, 27 December, 2021.

When King Gaiseric and I aspired to make the Luscova Pact and sought co-signatories, we did it with the idea that it would be nations and countries raising each other up. I have grown increasingly more disgusted with the reports coming out of the pact. Even now, the report Dohnal gave me about Albane's exit fills me with disgust and anger.

The pact has become alien, corrupted to what I and Gaiseric had envisioned. It has become clear that the organization is no longer a forum for countries to come together and assist each other, it has become a battleground of neo-imperialism, ideological squabbles, and political maneuvering. A vessel for countries like Syrixia and now the Imperium to jockey for influence and dominance over smaller member nations using their countries' larger statures, wealth, and military strength. It has, in my eyes become another Phoenix Union. My dreams for the pact have been shattered and my hopes brought low. The pact is another victim of the Syrixian Empires' attempts to cling to its imperialist history with the destructive Harmonious Society Policy while they remain entirely ignorant of why the continent seems so repulsed to their efforts of 'diplomacy.'

I am aware of the Syrixian representative's attempts to polarize sentiments in the pact for their own machinations, I am aware of Sharma's arrogant and disdainful attitude towards the pact and its affairs, and the attitude her predecessor had towards it as well. The way they carry themselves and represent Syrixia is an insult to not only the pact but to me and my people.

I formally declare grievance between the Commonwealth of Norsia and the Syrixian Empire. I hereby declare that Pact Representative Josef Dohnal has full authority to represent my crown and the interests of the Commonwealth. There will be no more compromise, there will be no more appeasement. I declare that the pact will return to a purer form, free from the darkness of neo-imperialist and neo-mercantilist influences, where its members once again share cordial relations within the pact and deal with each other as equals. Or the Commonwealth of Norsia will withdraw from the pact.

Signed.

Alycia S. Lodbrok

Without anything further, Josef sat back down and resumed work on his laptop as if nothing had happened, the same stern neutral expression he's always had.

Sif Kjær listened for a moment. That Empress Alycia of Norsia was also Queen Alycia of Prydania meant her wording had to be particular.

"Herra Dohnal," she began, "Her Grace speaks of cordial relations. Surely she, and you, are aware that the Kingdom Prydania has signed treaties of trade, friendship, and mutual defence with the Stan Yera, the First People's Empire of Cogoria, and the Democratic Socialist Republic of Skanda. If there is any failing between the regime of Rayvostoka and my government, I would recommend Her Grace and you examine Rayvostokan actions and not ours."

Menshev had kept his head lowered but his ear keen as an aide cleared his desk. Not saying a word, waiting for the Navslandian delegate to finish his drivel. The man was a suckup but not all of the delegates would see him for what he really is.

Menshev spoke up. "The People's Republic and the nation of Ultramont for decades have held a close relationship with us. As we shared in the struggle of not kissing the boot of the Imperator, unlike others. And for our crime of resisting against an Imperialist nation that would see us wiped from the face of Eras, we are branded as a sham or an illegitimate state. And yes, I understand we have faults that must be corrected but believe me when I say change is coming." Menshev looked at his aides and gestured for them to leave. And one by one they slowly shuffled out of the chamber.

Menshev lowered his volume knowing damn well, that if one of his aides heard what he was about to say could cost him both his job and his life. "Reform will prevail."

Dupuy smiled as she raised herself before the Navslandian delegate.

"Monsieur Zuberi, I do appreciate your concern, and I understand how this issue has the potential to accelerate the discord between the Imperium Suavidici and Ultramont, but the truth is that the offer of a recognition of sovereignty by the Imperium Suavidici does not hold the same value to my delegation as it does to yours, in truth! 'Generosity' is... It's difficult to define here. From our perspective, the Faraways were claimed by Ultramont and, as a result, the Imperium Suavidici demanded a stake in this resource-rich territory out of spite of our own statecraft. Amends are one thing, but compensation will always be more valuable."

Dupuy looked to Mr. Menshev.

"Consider Monsieur Menshev's words a ruse, if you must. But understand, Monsieur Zuberi, that in spite of Rayvostoka's heinous crimes, whatever they truly may be, Rayvostoka has been our only supporter in times of great peril. With countless sanctions and restrictions imposed upon us by powers beyond our control, there has been one country which Ultramont could always prop itself up with. And, in recognition of a positive step forward, we will consider their crimes and leave the criminals behind, once we are guaranteed the eastern Empire's support."

Dupuy made one last appeal.

"Auroria has the potential to be at peace, free from the ambition which has assaulted the name of this organization for the past year. All it will take is that which was taken—returned."

"His Imperial majesties government is willing to renounce the holdings over the faraway islands. The Imperator wants to make a statement known to this body however, when we mean sever all relations it means them all. No under the table actions taken in order to play us. Ultramont will enjoy all of the protections that the other independent nations of Auoria enjoy. As to the province of Palmyra, you will not change."

"Let the pact move past this issue though, peace will prevail in Ultramont."

Mr. Flavian sat down.

Josef looked to Zuberi and gave him an acknowledging nod. "Pane Zuberi, you may not know of Her Majesty very well, but once she has committed to something she will not simply turn around on it. It is what sets her apart from most, she does not flinch, she does not waver, and she is willing to fight for her beliefs. We will not stay our hand. We have stayed our hand on our grievances long enough. This is our ultimatum. If Her Majesty had given up on the pact already, I would've walked out the door as soon as I finished reading the letter."

He turned his gaze to Sif "Her Majesty and I both know this, we trade, have agreements, and are allied with the Stan Yera and the Cogorians as well. Her Majesty is well aware of her ties as the Queen of Prydania too, she will not betray them. I do not believe for a second there to be any wrongdoing on the Kingdom of Prydania's part. Her Majesties' government advocated for Rayvostoka in the first place, despite their communist government. the failing of this endeavor lies solely in Rayvostoka's hardline government being more barbaric and cruel than we ever anticipated. Albane sought out cordial relations, as was his mission, and what he found was a landmine directly to his face, and a slap to ours."

Finally, his gaze scanned right over Sharma to come to rest on Flavian. his once neutral expression betraying a hint of agitation. "While it was not in Her Majesties Letter of Declaration, The Commonwealth of Norsia also finds grievance with the Imperium Saudivici. Do not think I have not noticed you trying to use the odd turn of events in this pact to further your own nations' imperialism. Your government claims that it is not imperialist, yet it claims hegemony over Auroria and tries to force its protection on the entire continent regardless of if they want it or not. You claim to be protecting Auroria from outside empires, yet it seems to me countries in Auroria want protection from you. You want your cake and you want to eat it too, but this is not the way it works. You cannot say you're not a neo-imperialist power when the actions and policies of your government already prove that you are."

"Thank you Monsieur Flavian for agreeing this compromise, this good news will be well celebrated in Ultramont once these measures are put into official writing. Although I should equally warn you, Monsieur Flavian, that what you call your 'protections' will not have any place in such an agreement. Autonomy in Ultramont means absolute autonomy, and our nation will govern itself as it sees fit, with the obvious exception of the Rayvostoka case which you have dutifully made clear. I believe the expression in Mercanti is 'on thin ice', yes? Regardless... Let our differences be cast aside in the name of reconciliation."

Menshev squeezed his fist, holding back the rising anger within him. He wanted to slam his fist on the desk and strangle Dupuy, but now was not the place or time for that. Now was time to figure out what in God's name was really going on with Ultramont and why they so quickly dropped Rayvostoka like a flaming bottle of overproof rum. Menshev stood up from his seat, wrote onto a piece of paper, and passed the note over to an aide.

"Hand this to Mrs. Dupuy." He said, exiting the room out into the hallway.

The note was clear. "WE NEED TO TALK, NOW!"

Sif gave Josef Dohnal a nod and then noticed Ambassador Menshev leave in a huff. She rolled her eyes.

"No doubt the Rayvostokans find developments alarming. Frankly? Their behaviour is the root of most of the discord here. The Imperium and Ultramont can, as we have seen, find common ground. We have seen the ability to overcome old grievances when both parties are willing to give and take in the name of mutual cooperation."

Sif looked around.
"Now consider this. To this day Herra Menshev's government in Rayvostoka refuses to recognize the sovereignty and legitimacy of the majority of nations in this pact. Já. That's correct. They still refuse to recognize the legitimacy of any monarchical government and any monarch as head of state. Imagine that, friends. Rayvostoka comes begging for admittance into this body yet won't acknowledge the sovereignty of most of its members. The arrogance and entitled nature of the regime is staggering. King Gaiseric of Essalanaea and the Queen-Empress of Prydania and Norsia have each called on this pact to stress mutual cooperation and respect. The Kingdom of Prydania has proven willing to recognize the sovereignty of socialist-aligned states despite our past traumas. If King Gaiseric and Queen-Empress Alycia's desires are to be realized, I do not believe it is too much to expect Rayvostoka to formally acknowledge the legitimacy and sovereignty of the Pact's monarchies. It's the least they can do, if they wish to be acknowledged as a legitimate government in return."

Sif turned to the remaining Rayvostokan delegates.
"You can tell Herra Menshev that when he returns from his sabbatical."

Utyuzhin allowed Sif to conclude her speech before he rose to speak himself. He glared at the rest of the Rayvostokan delegation. Gods damn it all, he needed a smoke. He'd been rather quiet thus far, but he felt the need to say something.

"I'll admit, my government is not so overtly friendly to the concept of monarchy. Every year we quite literally set the Aksakovs' memory on fire; we burn their flags and their portraits. We curse their names to the high heavens and mock what's left of them on Eras. Arcanstotska and our Rayvostokan cousins suffered under the same dynasty. The Aksakovs were not usually known for being kind in their rule, nor kind to each other. That house fought amongst itself so much that many like to say that being Tsar of Arcanstotska was an 'occupational hazard.'"

He paused for a moment. "The Aksakovs are gone. They have been killed. They have been banished and warned to never return. Arcanstotska, like Rayvostoka, has known and cast down Aksakov tyranny. The Second Arcanstotskan Republic was born out of the demise of a monarchy. But for everything Arcanstotska and Rayvostoka share in common, we could not be more different. Rayvostoka insists on relegating every king, prince, and emperor of the world to the title of mere 'comrade.' Our cousins lack maturity and diplomatic decency. They are self-absorbed and, as Representative Kjaer of Prydania said, entitled."

"Don't think that just because you had to overthrow the Aksakovs that you people get to degrade fellow sovereign states with impunity. Arcanstotska had to overthrow that dynasty twice. Just because a woman with a crown on her head was mean to you doesn't mean you get to act like this, especially here. Arcanstotska doesn't get to do that. We have to afford other nations and their sovereigns proper respect just like everyone else. If Arcanstotska doesn't get to act like a childish excuse for a 'government,' then Rayvostoka sure as all the hells doesn't get to either."

Mme Dupuy sighed.

"Most excellent nations, I appreciate that we are totally entitled to expressing our fiery emotions towards the regimes we rebuke and those which rebuke us. But such condemnations are of no utility here, in this place where personal attacks seem to ravage our dignity evermore. The best choice now is to act. In fact, just this morning, my government and that of the Imperium Suavidici have agreed upon a brilliant new deal which will secure our country's new friendship in the new year! Let this be an inspiration for you all to act on inspiration rather than impulsion."

Dupuy looked to Mr. Dohnal.

"Monsieur, your honourable predecessor left some reforms to the secretariat for us to consider, no? Will we be proceeding with discussing such reforms?"

Josef looked up to Dupuy, gave her his best equivalent of a friendly smile, and nodded. "I am not the first secretary, whom of which, we need to start a nominations and a vote for, but it is my hope that we can still discuss the reforms Pane Albane put forward, yes. I believe reforms to the administration and this body as a whole will do good work to help alleviate a lot of the tensions that can flare up here The rest is on us as delegates. I agree with Albane in the fact that the first secretary should no longer be a representative of their country, but an elected officer of the organization. It will take away some of the potential distrust in each other when it comes time to nominate a new one. At least, that is the hope."

"Fröken Dupuy," Sif began, "this is not a matter of condemnation. Rayvostoka demands to be seen as legitimate, yet denies legitimacy to most member nations. Asking their government to accept the legitimacy of nations whose alliance they wish to join is the bare minimum of diplomatic protocol. If Rayvostoka cannot rise to meet that then why are they here?"

Sif looked on shocked. She did not expect that. And yet there were protocols for everything. As much as she wanted to say the words she had to confirm it was in keeping with the Foreign Affairs Ministry's desires. Her eyes glanced down at a sheet she had discreetly removed from a folder. She smiled slightly. Printed under such a circumstance were the words "Samþykkja tilnefninguna*."

She nodded.
"I thank Herra Zuberi for his confidence. I accept."

*Samþykkja tilnefninguna- Accept the nomination

Reactions: Nev
"I second the nomination." Sharma stated. "It is the belief of His Majesty's Government that, in the spirit of the mission of this Pact, the First Secretary of said Pact ought to be from a member state that is currently recovering and/or developing. Prydania is one of those countries, and I think we can all agree that Ms. Kjaer has much more often than not been a strong voice for reason, logic, calmness, and focusedness in this chamber. She has our endorsement."

Last edited:
Josef chuckles a bit. "I was also going to nominate Pani Kjaer... With Pane Frigo and the Prediceans no longer with us, there is no one else I would currently like to nominate. As I share the opinions of the Syrixian Government the First Secretariat should be from a country that is recovering or developing, to keep to the spirit of this body. It is also a requirement from me that the representative be active in pact affairs and be an established representative. I do not fulfill my own requirements so I will not accept nominations either."

Last edited:
Back