The Luscova Pact

Mason looked over the reports from Auroria, rubbing his temple. The Aurorian nations have been a big headache since coming into the Pact, he could only imagine how much stress this is putting on the politicians back home. "I understand your point Mr. Zuberi, with that being said, the actions of the Imperium are incredibly aggressive. It might be best for everyone if their membership was temporarily suspended. While their justification does seem to hold weight, if the Pact does nothing in response it makes us look complicit. I do not think that the Pact should get involved in the situation, but doing nothing would also not be favorable. For Mondari's part it will be accepting refugees from Rayvostoka."

"I cannot blame your government for the actions it's taking, Pane Flavian." Josef spoke as he looked up to Flavian from his laptop with an almost disappointed expression.

"However, my government does not feel right to let this go in silence, regardless of the justifications, due to our two countries' relationship with one another. And I would be personally remiss for not protecting this bodies' interests by suggesting perhaps the Imperium also be suspended until all of this chaos finally settles down." He coughed to clear his throat and returned his attention to his laptop before continuing.

"While our two countries are allies, my government does not see it fit to aid the Saudivici in this conflict. Your cause for war, if it is true, is justified. But your government did not declare open hostilities, which makes Her Majesty's government uneasy, further the nature of our alliance is strictly defensive but it is impossible to classify the Imperium as a defender in this war." Josef shrugged as he looked at Flavian, his expression looking a bit downcast and perplexed.

"Her Majesty's government is declaring complete neutrality in this war, we will not help, but we will not hinder. However, this declaration of neutrality necessitates that Her Majesty's government freeze all of its assets within the Imperium, and freeze all Imperium assets within Norsia. Due to the risk of the conflict escalating and endangering the lives of Her Majesty's people, we will also be urging all government staff and Commonwealth citizens to evacuate from the Imperium."

Sif Kjær wrote down a few notes.
"Lesta will not be admitted to the Pact as of yet, as they are lacking the votes. Their representative, however, is free to reapply at any time."

She looked at the assembled Pact and found Mason.
"Herra Mason," she began.
"By all accounts the Imperium's claims of Rayvostokan cultural oppression is genuine. You would suspend the Imperium for that?" She looked over her notes for a moment before returning her gaze to the delegates of the Pact.

"However justified the Imperium's reasoning for war is, however, the mutual defence aspects of the Pact are that- defensive. As the Imperium's actions are technically offensive in nature no Luscova Pact response can justifiably be mustered unless a resolution to join the war collectively is raised, seconded, and passed. As far as Prydania goes? His Majesty's Government will not send its men and women to die in Auroria. We have faced enough death as-is. However we will continue to supply the Imperium with grain. Both as a trade partner and as a treatied ally."

Back