The Luscova Pact

Discussion in 'Negotiations' started by North Timistania, May 15, 2019 at 9:25 PM.

1. North Timistania

North Timistania Registered

[​IMG]
    THE LUSCOVA PACT
    The Luscova Pact Is a Defense and Development Alliance that exists to protect the values of Self Determination and Economic Growth, We Welcome all Nations Seeking to Develop or to Rebuild. Our Headquarters is Located in Astissa, Norsia.

Founding Members:
    Prydania
    Norsia
    Predice
    Essalanea
    Highton
    Syrixia
    Demescia
    Full Members:
    Prydania
    Norsia
    Essalanea
    Predice
    Highton
    Syrixia
    Demescia
    Cimmeria

Observers:
    Midir

Secretary-General:

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 11:37 PM
  2. Wonderess

Wonderess A lowly member of the faithful - -

TNP Nation:
    Castle Federation
    Discord:
    Wonderess #6213
    The Sutherland Federation requests of The Luscova Pact membership for the sake of Sutherland's transition from a former province to a fully independent nation.

3. North Timistania

THE CHARTER:
    Articles of Conduct

Article 1: All Member Nations shall swear to uphold and protect the self-determination of Their Fellow Pact Allies. In the Event of Foreign Aggression, The Pact Shall Come to the Aid and Common Defense of its members.

Article 2: Members Shall Strive to Aid one another in efforts of infrastructure development where it is reasonable and appropriate to do so.

Article 3: Member Nations Shall Co-operate on matters Joint of Military Exercises and Shall Be open to the sharing of Intelligence between Member Nations.

Article 4: Member States Shall Engage in Free Trade and Make the Sale of Both Military and Commerical Goods between member states a matter of ease for other member states where reasonable.

Article 5: There Shall Be a Grand Conference Held in Astissa Bi-Annually in Order to Encourage Long Term Planning and Strengthen the bonds between members.

Article 6: States that are of good character and that have not engaged in aggression against the member nations of the pact may apply for Membership to be approved in a vote by the assembled members, the same criteria apply for Observer status.

Article 7: Any Member Found to Have Engaged in Acts of Aggression against one or more of their fellow pact brothers and sisters shall be stripped of their membership.

Article 8: The Council shall elect a Secretary-General from within its membership to serve as the Organisations Head and Guide the Goals of the Pact.

4. North Timistania

Gaiseric stood before the assembled nation heads and after a brief pause spoke:

'Brother and Sister Nations of the pact, In this our First meeting as a formal alliance two important tasks, must be completed, First, we must elect a Secretary-General. If there are any other suggestions for possible candidates the assembled body should feel free to declare them.

Secondly, We Must Attend to the Issue of New Membership applications, It has been brought to my attention that currently there is currently a Request from Sutherland for Pact Membership, it is important we consider the applicants merits fairly and come to a democratic decision in a timely manner'

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 9:09 AM
  5. North Timistania

On the Issue Of Sutherland membership

this the format

Nation Name:

Vote:
    < AYE | NAY | ABSTAIN >

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:32 PM
  6. Highton

Highton Better than Syrixia - -

TNP Nation:
    Highton Islands
    Discord:
    Highton#5752
    Nation Name: The Crowned Republic of Highton

Vote:
    ABSTAIN

7. North Timistania

Nation Name: United Clans of Essalanea

Vote:
    <ABSTAIN >

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:43 PM
  8. Syrixia

Syrixia The one, the true, the great. - - -

TNP Nation:
    Syrixia
    Discord:
    Syrixia#9338
    Nation Name: Syrixian Empire

Vote: ABSTAIN

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:43 PM
  9. Prydania

Prydania Það er alltaf sólríkt í Beaconsviði - - - -

Discord:
    LordGigaIce#7213
    Sif Kjær, Prydania's representative to the Luscova Pact, leaned into her microphone.

"The Kingdom of Prydania recognizes the independence of Sutherland. That being said...the nature of this pact makes admitting Sutherland at this point difficult. We cannot allow the McMasterdonia/Sutherland conflict drag this pact into war. We should defer the Sutherland application until a peaceful resolution to the conflict on southern Meterra is reached."

Nation Name:
    Kingdom of Prydania

Vote:
    < NAY >

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 10:56 PM
  10. Cimmerien

Cimmerien AKA John Doe Smith - -

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 8:12 AM
  11. North Timistania

On the Issue of Cimmerian Membership

Nation Name:
    United Clans of Essalanea

Vote: <AYE>

12. Highton

Highton Better than Syrixia - -

TNP Nation:
    Highton Islands
    Discord:
    Highton#5752
    Nation Name: Crowned Republic of Highton

Vote: NAY

13. Prydania

Discord:
    LordGigaIce#7213
    Nation Name: Kingdom of Prydania

Vote: <AYE>

North Timistania likes this.
  14. Zyvun

Zyvun Slavic Klingon Conclave member

Discord:
    Norsia#3647
    for Sutherland
    Nation Name: Kingdom of Norsia

Vote: <ABSTAIN >

For Cimmeria
    Nation Name: Kingdom of Norsia

Vote:
    <AYE>

15. Syrixia

TNP Nation:
    Syrixia
    Discord:
    Syrixia#9338
    Nation Name: Syrixian Empire

Vote: <NAY>

(Note: for Cimmeria)

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 7:35 AM
  16. Syrixia

TNP Nation:
    Syrixia
    Discord:
    Syrixia#9338
    Chirag Thakur, the man who had seen and presided over the dissolution of the Phoenix Union, perhaps like none else had seen, heard, and felt, had been assigned to be the Empire's delegate to the Luscova Pact. It was an important message, and he was honored to be its living embodiment- that message being that the Empire would never let the disasters that plagued the old Union occur again. It had already took major steps on that by helping found the CEA- now it was taking yet another.

Chirag stood, and calmly spoke. "If I may before our fellow members within this pact, I should like to declare my candidacy for the Secretary-General's office."

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 11:23 AM
  17. Predice

Predice TNPer

Mario Frigo was an accomplished diplomat, being one of the few Predicean diplomats who kept running an embassy. He had worked hard to bring the Xentheridans into the war to overthrow communism. He was now in Luscova. Bringing Predice into a new alliance.

He stands up
    "Gentlemen, I hereby declare my candidacy for gne Secratery-General's office of the Luscova Pact."

18. Midir

Midir TNPer

Mason Rosales, an older man of sixty-three, was an unimposing man; despite this, he was an experienced diplomat, having made his career out of negotiating with foreign powers. Mason slowly rose to address the other representatives at the table, his bones quaking as he rose.

"While I appreciate the diplomatic fortitude of the Syrixians, due to the goal of this pact of helping develop smaller, less fortunate nations, we in the Democratic Districts believe that a smaller nation's representative should be the Secretary-General of this pact. Now, this is not to say that I doubt Mr.Thakur's political expertise, I just feel that as a representative from a larger, wealthier nation, he will not be able to properly assess what needs to be done to aid smaller, poorer nations. Thank you."

Mason slowly sat back in his seat, letting out a grunt of displeasure as his back rested on the cold chair.

19. Syrixia

TNP Nation:
    Syrixia
    Discord:
    Syrixia#9338
    "Mr. Frigo, I thank you for your prompt declaration, and Mr. Rosales, what you say is very much true. Both of these things having happened leads me to my following point." Chirag replied, primarily to Frigo, but also to Rosales. "This alliance is primarily for, as its mission statement states, nations wishing to further their national development and/or rebuild themselves. The Empire is not one of those nations. As you are all well aware, the Empire joined this Pact as a founding member to assist its fellow members in that development, in order to fulfill its goal of bolstering stability, prosperity, and development, and to forge new friendships along the way."

"The democratic process is important in such matters, and I declared my candidacy to bolster that process. One candidate alone would not have warranted an election. Now, besides myself, there are two, both from developing nations that more truly fit the Pact's mission statement. It would make demonstrably more sense for the delegate from one of these nations to lead this organization, and with that being said, I humbly withdraw my candidacy."

Last edited: May 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM
    Highton likes this.
  20. North Timistania

Gaiseric rose from his seat and leaned into the microphone 'the clan delegation Nominates Anegrette Of Kimbri for the role of Secretary-General'

Ana had proven herself both on the battlefield and off it, her political and diplomatic acumen had made her invaluable in foreign dealings, Gaiseric had little doubt that those skills would transfer well to this role, if she was elected that is.

21. Predice

Predice TNPer

Mario Frigo rises to his microphone
    “After consulting my superiors in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs I have decided to cast my vote. On behalf of the Most Serene State of Predice, I vote NAY. However, when Cimmeria has shown itself to be diplomatically more approachable, and when it returns to a good standing on the global stage, Predice will vote the opposite way should they reapply. Thank you”

Nation Name:
    The Most Serene State of Predice
    Vote:
    <NAY>

22. Proxy of Demescia

Proxy of Demescia TNPer

Nation Name:
    The Federal Commonwealth of Demescia
    Vote:
    <AYE>

23. Prydania

Discord:
    LordGigaIce#7213
    Sif Kjær laughed to herself, though she made no attempt to hide it. What had Kofoed and Vester told her? About the appearance of strength?

"I would remind Ambassador Rosales that our nations are not wayward souls looking for a protector to guide us and fight our battles for us. It's a sad fact of history, Mr. Rosales, that such attitudes lead to exploitation, economic or otherwise. Essalanea, Predice, Norsia, and Prydania have faced their fair share of issues over the past two decades. We have, all in different ways to be sure, fought. Sometimes even our brothers and sisters, but we have fought and clawed our way to this conference with the goal of mutual support and development. The DDM, Syrixian Empire, Highton, and Demescia have all joined due to the opportunities presented. If we can work with you, then we will all prosper. We do not need anyone from those nations to 'fight' on our behalf, however. We are quite capable of looking out for our own interests, free from the greedy intent of foreign exploitation."

24. Midir

Midir TNPer

Mason let out a chuckle as he heard Mrs.Kjær's argument. Mason leaned forward in his chair to address Sif, not willing to hurt his legs over such a minor comment.

"I understand where you are coming from Mrs.Kjær, however, let this be known to yourself and all the other representatives sitting here with us today; the Democratic Districts of Midir does not want to control or exploit other nations, nor do we want any of you to bend to our will. Midir has never once left Kian to colonize faraway lands, for most of our history we have been quite isolationist; for fuck's sake, we didn't even enter the Fascist War. Only recently have we ventured out of our safe bubble to make allies and expand our markets. We view the Kingdom of Prydania, along with all the other nations at the table with us as friends, let me be clear; Midir does not want to exploit any of the nations at the table here today, nor any nations not at this table, what Midir wants is a mutually beneficial relationship and to help other nations grow. I apologize for my vulgar language but it must be known what our intentions are. Thank you for your comment Mrs.Kjær."

25. North Timistania

'Assembled Members of the Pact' Gaiseric began

'The following votes have concluded with these results

On the issue of Sutherland's admission to the pact the motion has failed

On the issue of Cimmerian membership to the pact the motion passes'

26. Zyvun

Zyvun Slavic Klingon Conclave member

Discord:
    Norsia#3647
    Albane cleared her throat before she spoke. "I would like to state that although the foreign affairs office would have liked me to be a secretary General candidate, our Grace's presidency in the Bergum Pact would make such a role uncomfortable for us. instead, I would second Anegrette of Kimbri for the candidacy. If they win the position it would be a nice building block for Essalanea as a whole."