The Luscova Pact

North Timistania

RolePlay Moderator
-
frz8PHX.png

THE LUSCOVA PACT

The Luscova Pact is an economic and military alliance that exists to protect the values of self-determination and economic growth, welcoming all nations that seek to develop or rebuild, and those that support them. Its headquarters is located in Astissa, Norsia.

CHARTER

Second Treaty of Luscova
— Signed June 15, 2019 —

— Replacing the First Treaty of Luscova —

(ACTING) FIRST SECRETARY

Mr. Dohnal
— The Empire of Norsia —

MEMBER STATES

The Kingdom of Prydania — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Empire of Norsia — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The United Clans of Essalanea — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Syrixian Empire — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Federal Commonwealth of Demescia — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Mintorian Realm — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The People's Republic of Rayvostoka — Economic, Infrastructure
The Imperium Suavidici — Economic, Infrastructure
The Kingdom of Korova — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Republic of Mondari — Economic, Infrastructure
The Second Arcanstotskan Republic — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Coalition of Ilia-Taveris — Undeclared
The Kingdom of Illideria — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Empire of Aydin — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Republic of Ultramont — Defense, Economic, Infrastructure
The Empire of Navsland — Economic, Infrastructure

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sutherland Federation requests of The Luscova Pact membership for the sake of Sutherland's transition from a former province to a fully independent nation.

Gaiseric stood before the assembled nation heads and after a brief pause spoke:

'Brother and Sister Nations of the pact, In this our First meeting as a formal alliance two important tasks, must be completed, First, we must elect a Secretary-General. If there are any other suggestions for possible candidates the assembled body should feel free to declare them.

Secondly, We Must Attend to the Issue of New Membership applications, It has been brought to my attention that currently there is currently a Request from Sutherland for Pact Membership, it is important we consider the applicants merits fairly and come to a democratic decision in a timely manner'

Last edited:
On the Issue Of Sutherland membership

this the format

Nation Name:

Vote:
< AYE | NAY | ABSTAIN >

Last edited:
Sif Kjær, Prydania's representative to the Luscova Pact, leaned into her microphone.

"The Kingdom of Prydania recognizes the independence of Sutherland. That being said...the nature of this pact makes admitting Sutherland at this point difficult. We cannot allow the McMasterdonia/Sutherland conflict drag this pact into war. We should defer the Sutherland application until a peaceful resolution to the conflict on southern Meterra is reached."

Nation Name:
Kingdom of Prydania

Vote:
< NAY >

Last edited:
BuJvnJN.png

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

15 May 2019

The Mintorian Realm, in an ongoing effort to forge relations with other nations and to expand development, addresses the Luscova Pact and seeks full membership. It is in the interests of HIM Government to continue to establish relations with our neighbours in Craviter and across the world, as well as to ensure the development of our nation and that of other nations. We hope that our nation is accepted into the organization.

With regards,

The Right Honourable
Sir Frederich Hildenbrandt Schachtschneider von Pourtalès
Minister of Foreign Affairs
HIM Goverment

Last edited:
for Sutherland
Nation Name: Kingdom of Norsia

Vote: <ABSTAIN >

For Cimmeria
Nation Name: Kingdom of Norsia

Vote:
<AYE>

Nation Name: Syrixian Empire

Vote: <NAY>

(Note: for Cimmeria)

Last edited:
Chirag Thakur, the man who had seen and presided over the dissolution of the Phoenix Union, perhaps like none else had seen, heard, and felt, had been assigned to be the Empire's delegate to the Luscova Pact. It was an important message, and he was honored to be its living embodiment- that message being that the Empire would never let the disasters that plagued the old Union occur again. It had already took major steps on that by helping found the CEA- now it was taking yet another.

Chirag stood, and calmly spoke. "If I may before our fellow members within this pact, I should like to declare my candidacy for the Secretary-General's office."

Last edited:
Mario Frigo was an accomplished diplomat, being one of the few Predicean diplomats who kept running an embassy. He had worked hard to bring the Xentheridans into the war to overthrow communism. He was now in Luscova. Bringing Predice into a new alliance.

He stands up
"Gentlemen, I hereby declare my candidacy for gne Secratery-General's office of the Luscova Pact."

Mason Rosales, an older man of sixty-three, was an unimposing man; despite this, he was an experienced diplomat, having made his career out of negotiating with foreign powers. Mason slowly rose to address the other representatives at the table, his bones quaking as he rose.

"While I appreciate the diplomatic fortitude of the Syrixians, due to the goal of this pact of helping develop smaller, less fortunate nations, we in the RM believe that a smaller nation's representative should be the Secretary-General of this pact. Now, this is not to say that I doubt Mr.Thakur's political expertise, I just feel that as a representative from a larger, wealthier nation, he will not be able to properly assess what needs to be done to aid smaller, poorer nations. Thank you."

Mason slowly sat back in his seat, letting out a grunt of displeasure as his back rested on the cold chair.

Last edited:
"Mr. Frigo, I thank you for your prompt declaration, and Mr. Rosales, what you say is very much true. Both of these things having happened leads me to my following point." Chirag replied, primarily to Frigo, but also to Rosales. "This alliance is primarily for, as its mission statement states, nations wishing to further their national development and/or rebuild themselves. The Empire is not one of those nations. As you are all well aware, the Empire joined this Pact as a founding member to assist its fellow members in that development, in order to fulfill its goal of bolstering stability, prosperity, and development, and to forge new friendships along the way."

"The democratic process is important in such matters, and I declared my candidacy to bolster that process. One candidate alone would not have warranted an election. Now, besides myself, there are two, both from developing nations that more truly fit the Pact's mission statement. It would make demonstrably more sense for the delegate from one of these nations to lead this organization, and with that being said, I humbly withdraw my candidacy."

Last edited:
Gaiseric rose from his seat and leaned into the microphone 'the clan delegation Nominates Anegrette Of Kimbri for the role of Secretary-General'

Ana had proven herself both on the battlefield and off it, her political and diplomatic acumen had made her invaluable in foreign dealings, Gaiseric had little doubt that those skills would transfer well to this role, if she was elected that is.

Mario Frigo rises to his microphone
“After consulting my superiors in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs I have decided to cast my vote. On behalf of the Most Serene State of Predice, I vote NAY. However, when Cimmeria has shown itself to be diplomatically more approachable, and when it returns to a good standing on the global stage, Predice will vote the opposite way should they reapply. Thank you”

Nation Name:
The Most Serene State of Predice
Vote:
<NAY>

Sif Kjær laughed to herself, though she made no attempt to hide it. What had Kofoed and Vester told her? About the appearance of strength?

"I would remind Ambassador Rosales that our nations are not wayward souls looking for a protector to guide us and fight our battles for us. It's a sad fact of history, Mr. Rosales, that such attitudes lead to exploitation, economic or otherwise. Essalanea, Predice, Norsia, and Prydania have faced their fair share of issues over the past two decades. We have, all in different ways to be sure, fought. Sometimes even our brothers and sisters, but we have fought and clawed our way to this conference with the goal of mutual support and development. The DDM, Syrixian Empire, Highton, and Demescia have all joined due to the opportunities presented. If we can work with you, then we will all prosper. We do not need anyone from those nations to 'fight' on our behalf, however. We are quite capable of looking out for our own interests, free from the greedy intent of foreign exploitation."

Mason let out a chuckle as he heard Mrs.Kjær's argument. Mason leaned forward in his chair to address Sif, not willing to hurt his legs over such a minor comment.

"I understand where you are coming from Mrs.Kjær, however, let this be known to yourself and all the other representatives sitting here with us today; the Republic of Mondari does not want to control or exploit other nations, nor do we want any of you to bend to our will. Mondari has never once left Kian to colonize faraway lands, for most of our history we have been quite isolationist; for fuck's sake, we didn't even enter the Fascist War. Only recently have we ventured out of our safe bubble to make allies and expand our markets. We view the Kingdom of Prydania, along with all the other nations at the table with us as friends, let me be clear; Mondari does not want to exploit any of the nations at the table here today, nor any nations not at this table, what Mondari wants is a mutually beneficial relationship and to help other nations grow. I apologize for my vulgar language but it must be known what our intentions are. Thank you for your comment Mrs.Kjær."

Last edited:
'Assembled Members of the Pact' Gaiseric began

'The following votes have concluded with these results

On the issue of Sutherland's admission to the pact the motion has failed

On the issue of Cimmerian membership to the pact the motion passes'

Albane cleared her throat before she spoke. "I would like to state that although the foreign affairs office would have liked me to be a secretary General candidate, our Grace's presidency in the Bergum Pact would make such a role uncomfortable for us. instead, I would second Anegrette of Kimbri for the candidacy. If they win the position it would be a nice building block for Essalanea as a whole."

hUMrrAS.png

Statement from the Ilian Senate to the Luscova Pact
05˘20˘2019

After consultation with the Parliament of the Coalition. The Coalition of Ilia-Taveris has come to an agreement that the goals and existence of this organization is an admirable enough that the Coalition wishes to request entrance into this Pact between states. The Coalition wishes to help this organization achieve its goal by bringing with it its extensive resources and expertise into the fold.

We can guarantee that our Legislature can ratify this charter in a timely manner should this collective of states choose to grant our request.

We look forward to your response,

Alfred Irenia, Premier of the Coalition
P2Moq1F.png

Sponsorship:

Julean el Trecht, Director of Foreign Affairs
KmAjzNg.png
Maria Denelis, First Minister of Itrean League
ZDeA0An.png
Maurice B. Kiener, First Minister of Icetian League
Rn5Jn0X.png
Layla Kellner, First Minister of Taveris Kingdom

Bd42kQE.png

Last edited:
Reading over the statement set forth by the Ilian Senate, Mason looked towards the other representatives at the table with him.

"Due to the focus of this pact of improving the situations of member states both economically and in the way of defending their sovereignty, we believe that the entrance of the Ilian Coalition would be a net benefit for the pact. We hope the other representatives find my points to be agreeable."

"The Kingdom of Prydania supports the application of the Ilian Coalition."

"The Empire, at this time, will not offer any sort of overt opposition or support to the entry of Ilia into this pact. We do, however, wish to impart a warning to our fellow members." Chirag stated.

"It is entirely possible Ilia has no vested interest in joining this Pact other than expanding its economic reach. Ilia has shown next to no interest in the affairs of Craviter for quite a while, if not years, and now all of a sudden it reaches out to join this Pact in particular? It goes without saying that this is quite suspicious."

"Could this just be the beginning of an innocent interest by Ilia to expand trade? Or are there darker motives afoot? Either is possible."

"So far we seem to trust Ilia. Shall that trust hold? I leave it to you."

Sif Kjær leaned into her microphone.
"With all due respect to Ambassador Chirag, we can confirm that the Ilian Coalition has ties to Craviter through the Pan-Gotic Union. An organization many member nations of this pact are also part of. And opening the door to Ilian economic opportunity means this pact also has an entry point to the Gothis marketplace. We, frankly, do not see a downside to their membership."

Ms. Kjær took a sip of water before continuing.
"It's a sad reality that we must also address the ongoing crisis on Kian and southern Meterra. The Kingdom of Prydania voted against Sutherland's admission despite us recognizing the legitimacy of their government. We did this because we saw their membership as potentially drawing us into a war. I think I can speak for myself and the Norsian delegation when we say we've had enough war."
She cleared her throat.

"The Democratic Districts of Midir, an observer state in this alliance, recently dispatched naval vessels to provoke Goyanean ships docked in Predice's ports. Neither Goyanes, Sutherland, or McMasterdonia are members of this pact, yet Predice is. And the Midranean government is antagonizing its territorial waters with their navy. The government of the Kingdom of Prydania feels compelled to use this venue to send a message to the Midranean government. Your actions are reckless and border on warmongering. You are threatening a full member of this pact while your own government sits as an observer. His Majesty's government will not allow Midir to threaten another member of this pact as they have without protest."

Mason straightened up, looking at Sif Kjær.
"While Ms. Kjær's points are noted, we must clarify something. Mondari does not want a war, however, the MNS Rizer will patrol the region until Goyanes pulls its ships back. We have no desire to attack Predice. Goyanes should not have sent ships to Kian in the first place."
Mason drank some of his water and leaned back.

Last edited:
“Ambassador Mason” Kjær began, “are you not aware that the Imperial Federation of Goyanes, through the Pan-Gotic Union, has a defence pact with Prydania and Highton? That this list could grow to include Essalanea if that state is admitted to the PGU? Every other full member state here is also bound by a defence pact to Predice. Not to mention the ‘special relationship’ that exists between Goyanes and Syrixia, another member of this pact.”

She looked directly at the Ambassador.

“Your government’s hostile actions against both Predice and Goyanes are, by various treaties, hostile actions against most states in this alliance.”

“Ms. Kjær” Mason said, leaning forwards.
“That fact is not lost upon Mondari, it is a factor that i presume has been taken into account. However, while this may be the case, Goyanes also knows that Mondari is a Kian Union member alongside McMasterdonia. This fact should not be lost upon Predice either, however it allowed Goyanean ships to dock at its ports. It should know that Goyanes being in the area could draw its allies into conflict, therefore it should want Goyanes out of the region in order to prevent this from happening. I doubt Predice wants a war with Mondari, Mondari certainly does not want to fight Predice, it would only hurt both nations. Therefore, if Predice can get Goyanes to come and sit down with Mondari so we can have a discussion on what to do to get both of our nations’s ships out of the region, that would be appreciated. Mondari has been pushing for McMasterdonia and Sutherland to sit down and talk it out for a long while ourselves.”

Last edited:
"Predice, Ambassador, is a member of this alliance. Midir's position is that of an observer. The DDM's actions, whether the DDM government wishes to admit it or not, put them at odds with both a member state of this alliance and a state that has separate defensive treaty ties to many within this alliance."

She sipped some water before continuing.
"His Majesty's government is well aware of the position the DDM finds itself in regarding the Kian Union, but at the end of the day? This situation is either an internal McMasterdonian issue or one between the McMasterdonian Crown and the people of Sutherland. We see the DDM's interference in the issue to be an unnecessary escalation. Your government can say it does not want war until it's blue in the face, Mr. Mason, but the DDM's actions show a willingness to risk war to further its own standing. I do not believe I am alone in saying that the DDM will find few, if any, allies here if its actions touch off a war with Goyanes."

"The Empire and Goyanes are brothers; their bond forged in the heart of war, and strengthened over decades." Chirag stated calmly, yet coldly, to Mason. "Any aggression or inflammatory activity towards Goyanes is the same towards the Empire."

"We had hoped that Midir would serve as a stabilizing force in the region, preventing escalation. But recent developments have escalated the conflict; not only is there now tension between McMasterdonia and Sutherland, but between Goyanes and Midir; and these intersect at multiple points. This is simply unacceptable."

Albane finally spoke up after the large back and forth that seems to have occured.
"as a representative of Norsia and an ally of Predice. I have seen enough. You say you want peace and you have no intentions of war, yet here you are trying to police what has always been an internal matter between Sutherland and Mcmasterdonia, regardless of recognition on the world stage. Goyanes is bad enough but they were called in by Sutherland. Now you have taken the chance to square up with no such justification. How is pulling a gun supposed to lead to peace? Where there are weapons: there is War."

Last edited:
Mario Frigo at last leans into the microphone to speak
"It has long been in Predice's interests that the Southern Meterra area remain stable. Midir, however seemingly doesn't share the same view. The announced the fact that a carrier group was being sent. Yet we now know that the MNS Rizer is on regular patrol. I ask you, why announce a regular patrol as something clearly not a regular patrol? This caused heaps of tension. Yet still, Midir's actions provoked Predice into self defence"
He pauses
"Predice has, and will defend itself. This provocation was soon followed with a Goyanean request, which we quickly accepted. Predice shall do what is possible, to aid our allies. The Port of Savona is a port of call with the express permission of the Predicean Government. Let me make that clear: The Chamber of Deputies and Senate voted in favour of this deal. The will of the people of Predice is behind this deal.
So now the question is, how long will Midir let itself be humiliated before it pulls MNS Rizer out? I hope that it is swiftly withdrawn. Midir has bitten off more than it can chew with Goyanes. Thank you."
He leans back and takes a sip of water

Last edited:
Mason looked at Mario Frigio, a tired look in his eyes.
"Mr. Frigio, I understand the concern of the Predicean government, with that being said, from what I have been told, there is no reason for Goyanes to not go to war. Mondari is allied to both McMasterdonia and Sutherland, along with valuing its fellow members across multiple alliances. Therefore, the government has told me that if Goyanes agrees to never launch a first strike in this conflict, Mondari will pull back the MNS Rizer. I cannot tell you the reasoning for declaring the MNS Rizer's patrol as a deployment, but that is the move the Foreign Affairs and Trade Department decided to take."

Last edited:
Back