The Luscova Pact

"Madame Sif," Dupuy replied, "If the unwavering case of Rayvostoka here in this assembly is that they fail to recognize those who admitted them, then I imagine the only reason this delegation was admitted was in favour of their protection from the interests of the eastern Imperium. Their presence no longer merits that case as it is clear the Rayvostokan delegation has no intention of collaborating with their so-called 'allies' to defend against them, and must have compromises imposed upon them. Not to mention that the sole remaining threat to peace in Auroria is now... well... them."

Dupuy sighed.

"We each understand perfectly clear that the Rayvostokan delegation sits among us by title alone and not by repute. We have a word for this where I come from, un roi fainéant. I motion that the People's Republic of Rayvostoka be withdrawn from the second treaty of Luscova."

Last edited:
"I second the motion to remove Rayvostoka. whether or not the Compromise bears any fruit, they deny us even the most basic diplomatic niceties and protocols. Their government is irrationally hostile to all of ours, they abuse their own people and sought to use this body as a shield. there is no reason to have them in this organization, the only reason they are here is because of blind ambition."

Sif leaned just a bit towards her mic.

"If elected I can promise a few things. The first is that I will resign as Prydania's representative to the LP, allowing my government to fill the seat with a new representative. This should accomplish Herra Albane's proposal that the FS should represent the pact, not a nation within it."

She let her eyes roam around the chamber.
"Secondly should Rayvostoka remain in this pact under my watch I promise they will be afforded everything membership in the Pact assured them...provided they abide by the Ascana Compromise."

Menshev stood silently in the hall, his face pale, his eye widened with shock. His heart pounded so hard he thought he might just drop dead but, he didn't. He just stood there silently contemplating the news he had just received. Menshev began to walk towards the meeting chamber, his heart pounded with fear and with pain. It pounded with pain for his countrymen and fear for his nation as he entered the chamber, making his way to his desk. He stood there his face pale, feeling ill as if he was going to vomit. But instead of vomit spewing from his mouth, he spoke up cutting through the hustle and bustle of the chamber.

"A coup.." Menshev paused to take a breath. "There has been a coup back in Rayvostoka, orchestrated by what seems to be General Secretary Aslanov and the Ministry for State Integrity alongside some others. They stormed the Narodny which is our center of government and have taken control, the army is moving to stop them but the coup has taken almost the entire leadership of the Rayvostoka captive." Menshev sat down in his chair, almost passing out as he did so.

Karla did not react visibly to Menshevs news, her outward emotion was calm and assured, inside though she felt a flutter of excitement and no small amount of amusement.

Rayvostoka had been a headache for her government from day one, it had split the pact down the middle and threatened its collapse multiple times already. Meshev had just handed the pact an out clause.

She didnt rise from her seat, she simply leaned forward and addressed the assembled chamber

"Our agreement was with the sitting government of Rayvostoka, a coup would render such an agreement void if I am correct in my reasoning. If such is the case I motion that the most sensible course of action is to move either to expel or suspend Rayvostoka, they have proven they cannot be trusted to abide by the compromise"

Last edited:
"Feel free to nominate who you think would make a good first secretary. As I said, I am not going to nominate myself or accept a nomination. If Pani Kjaer does not receive an opponent for the vote of First Secretary within the next hour, she will become First Secretary by default."

The Imperium maintains that it would like to see Palmyra expelled from this pact. It also is in support of the representative from Prydania becoming first secretary.

Koller speaks: “The Mintorian government would likewise support the expulsion of Rayvostoka from this Pact. The fact that the regime there has shown itself to be incapable of adhering to even the basic standards of diplomacy makes it unworthy of receiving the respect they so demanded. Furthermore, given that the regime has now been incapacitated in a coup d’état, there is no reason for the provisions of the Asana Compromise, which was put into effect by a plurality of this body, to continue.

Last edited:
Menshev turned to look at Koller and the rest of the delegates, his eyes filled with tired fury, "Ублюдки!* I give you the news of my nation's peril and you seek to abandon it! For a pact dedicated to the assistance of broken and embattled nations, to recovery, I have never seen such inconsistency!' Menshev stood up from his seat.

"I proposed, the joining of this pact to our now embattled Presidium and was admonished by General Secretary Aslanov, but against his wishes, a majority of the Presidium was in favor. The same happened when we spoke of the revolution in this chamber. but the General Secretary lashed out and stopped the reform. Thankfully the Army is moving to stop him and this should show you that there is still hope." Menshev rubbed his forehead and shook his head looking at Sharma. "But I also understand, that there are powers here that have opposed us since our admission." Menshev looked to Dupy. "Some powers, who pay us lip service yet choose those who threaten our extinction." Menshev turned to Flavian and then to Josef. "If this pact wishes to throw us to the wolves, then so be it. But when the Imperium comes knocking and thousands die because of it, you will only have yourselves to blame. I have done my part to keep my country safe, and now I leave that in the hands of a group who would see my home under another nation's flag. So do what you will, I cannot stop you." Menshev sat back down, his elbows on the desk with his palms on his face.

OOC:

Ублюдки!- Bastards!

"Pane Menshev, I can only promise your country my government's support when your country gives me something to actually work with. My government stuck with you for as long as it did because of the promises you made for reforms because you agreed to the treaties that were practically imposed upon you. If Aslanov and his insane rabid dogs win, there is no feasible way big or small that Norsia can help your country. your country is too hostile and too irredentist as it is right now, as it was before. You got this far because this body was stumbling in the dark trying to find its way and it still is. HOWEVER. If this pro-reform moderate faction defeats the coup and wins government, and these promises of reform and democracy, the ending of the reeducation camps, torture, and other human rights abuses are not lies... Then Norsia will continue to hold out for you, because it is what we believe in, these are the core values that drive us."

Josef clears his throat and takes a drink of water looking through his papers as he continues to speak. "And do not accuse me or my country of throwing yours to the dogs. Regardless of who the hell is being invaded and who is invading, the LP shall not endorse or condone neo-imperialism from any of its member states, that includes the Imperium. If the Imperium takes this chance to descend upon Rayvostoka like opportunistic vultures, Norsia will levy diplomatic and economic sanctions and motion to expel."

After Josef's comments it was clear that a recess was needed, both to cool off and also not let any further discussion occur until Sif became First Secretary by default. When Sharma reentered the chamber upon the cessation of that recess, that was exactly what she had intended to highlight. She had ordered a bacon chicken wrap earlier that day - Bakkyboo had, of course, protested, being a Mehrabist, but she had told him to relax. They had a job to do and she was hungry, damnit.

"Well," Sharma stated succinctly, "I believe we now have a First Secretary? Perhaps we should turn to the issue of Norsia's proposed reforms now that we have a leader again, though considering the words of the members of this council thus far it may be prudent to get Rayvostoka out of the way first."

"For the love of the gods Sharma. Do you have not even an ounce of humanity in that cold dead heart of yours? 'get rayvostoka out of the way' these are people we are talking about. Millions of people who you seem to be content to watch suffer. I must once again implore you that this is a mutual aid organization. Right now the collected body who stand here has the opportunity to cut this off at the pass and stop what is currently developing as one of the greatest humanitarian crisis of the decade."

Ascana slams down a stack of paper she was carrying before collecting herself.

"Their government was trying to do the right thing and assent to the agreement here but hardline elements are trying to disrupt it. Do you want to be accomplice of these radical extremists? Throwing in the towel at this point would prove the hardliners right and give them credibility. Telling the whole world that the Pact only cares for it's members when it's convenient."

Last edited:
Sif Kjær coughed softly and stood. She passed a note to an aid and walked over to the First Secretary's position by the central podium.
"Things still. Need. To. Be. Said. My first point of order will be to fix this Ravostokan situation."

She looked at Ascana.

"Where was this concern for the suffering of Prydania's people? Fifteen years. For fifteen years people like them," she pointed to the Ravostokan delegation, "butchered my country. And now you plead with us, try to appeal to our better nature. Sweet and simple words when we're left to pick up the pieces of likeminded tyrants."

"Let me explain, in very clear language, what my view for Rayvostoka is. It is a regime. An anti-democratic regime that butchers and tortures its own people. It has no place in this pact. I warned against their inclusion. Our departed Predician friends did too. The Mintorians and Syrixians had their doubts. And yet others insisted. Decried our efforts as 'failing' the pact for abiding by our principals. It's my belief that by caving to these demands we emboldened a terrible regime this Pact should have been better than. If this is Pact that would demand understanding the case of the Ravyostokan regime, then I cannot help but think it would have dithered over condemning the regime that slaughtered four million of my countrymen, made an orphan of me, and which I spent years fighting to free our country from."

"Herra Menshev, be it you or your embattled government, your petulance is enraging. You bemoan that we do now show you proper respect. Yet you stay determined to refuse the recognition of the majority of nations in this alliance. If you cannot even refer to Prydania's head of state by his proper titles, why am I under any obligation to extend your delegation diplomatic courtesy?"

"I am tired of this debate weighing this pact down. Fröken Ascana mentioned mutual aid. Já. And what are we doing? I ask you all? What are we doing? We're deadlocked. Debating communists in Aurora who think themselves better than all of you despite apparently needing us. That you let your sympathies blind you isn't so bad. It's the hypocrisy that insists we aid the sort of regime my country struggled to free itself for. While the majority of nations here did nothing."

"You may come at me with accusations of bias. Já. I am biased against those who disposes, murder, and torture. You may come at me with appeals to my better nature. But I will not sacrifice my principals. Especially not by people who only have sweet words for Prydanians after our own struggles."

"Ravostoka has been a debilitating regime that has demanded our attention for far too long. They have violated one compromise already. And I am, in my position, ready to finally end this. I will put a motion to vote. One to suspend Rayvostokan membership. If the moderates emerge victorious we we will re-admit them, and use our collective Pact to aid the Ravostokan people. Not their corrupt government, the people. Yet...if the radicals emerge victorious, they WILL be expelled. It's about time we have some sort of finality to this drama."

Code:
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[i]Vote to Suspend Ravostoka[/i]
<Yes> <No> <Abstain>

Last edited:
"We can prolong this nauseating 'blame game' for each other's misfortunes or we can remain silent knowing it was better to have said nothing at all." Dupuy pronounced.

Nation Name: Republic of Ultramont
Vote to Suspend Ravostoka
<Yes>

Last edited:
"It was not my government that did not render aid to the Prydanians of the past but I am not too proud to admit the moral failings of my state. Which is why Director Trecht has pushed so hard to place us in these organization so that we can more directly be involved in the betterment of this world we share and even without the current government's drive will be forced to be internationally involved."

Ascana sighing before steading herself turning to Menshev.

"I have no sympathies for this man. Not for him or anything that he stands for. I'm not a communist, I was placed here because I was a confidant of Premier Irenia's. He stands as an anathema to everything I believe in, but I can see past that that he stands here as a spokesman for the ones that tried to do the right thing and relent their state to the will of the people at the probably cost of their own lives. If we take this action and the reformist defect this tactic we have damaged this joint project, if the hardliners drive the country off a cliff then there is no legal government in Rayostoka and Ilia offers asylum to Menshev."

Nation Name: Ilia-Taveris
<No>

"If Pane Menshev really did propose entering this pact to his legislature, Aslanov no doubt considers him traitor number one to the 'Revolution.' being representative to this body only adds ongoing insult. It's very reasonable to assume from this point forward, Pane Menshev's life is in very real danger no matter where he goes. He needs protection. The Imperial Gendarmerie can handle that so long as he stays in Norsia."

Nation Name: Imperial Commonwealth of Norsia
<Yes>

Menshev nodded to both Josef and Ascana. "I thank you both but I cannot make a decision at this current moment, I am returning to the embassy to what I only assume is either arrest or admission.. so I will take my chances." The man stood and grabbed his coat from the chair in front of him. "I wish you all farewell, for now. I pray we meet again in less tumultuous times." Menshev walked out of the chamber, down the hallway, and onto the street. It was cold but something was off, his car was missing...

Last edited:
"We have several outstanding issues to tackle. namely the applications of Lesta, Navsland, and Ultramont. Being mindful that we have an active reform proposal from Norsia also on the floor. I would like to understand more about Lesta, what the government its economy, and culture are like before I motion for their vote. as for Navsland and Ultramont, we can move straight to a vote if no one has anything they want to discuss. But this discussion will be kept civil for God
Sorry I am responding late but I going to answer some of these but I am going to be releasing my Lesta fact book probably in February so some of this will most likely be cover but the fact book is still a work in progress. Lesta's government is a parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy. The parliament has 36 seats which 24 of them are reserved for the elected officials from Lesta's 8 different provinces. The other 12 are handed out to special groups like local leaders in lesta's more remote territorys. The royal family does not enter politics much but they will be the deciding factor in a split vote in parliament and will some times advise the prime minister on certain matters. Lesta's economy has a pretty good amount of diversity and is overall in good shape with the capital and other large cities being home to large tech corporations and other thriving industry's like the aerospace industry, the manufacturing industry, and others. Though out of all the corporations based in Lesta none can compare to the The Oryzen Corporation, the Oryzen Corporation is responsible for more than 1% of all jobs in Lesta and is were most of Lesta's natural resources come from. The Oryzen Corporation also has a close relation ship with the Lesta government as it was a big supporter of the Lesta revolution, because of this the Lesta government have given them all most all the rights to extract natural resources from Lesta. I am still work on culture so their won't be anything here for that but I hope this gives you more information about Lesta.

Just a FYI this thread is IC only unless otherwise stated.

Last edited by a moderator:
"If any state wishes to harbour Herra Menshev they are free to do so. But that is neither here or there as far as Pact business goes. The "Yes" votes carries. Ravostoka is suspended from the Luscova Pact until such time as the chaotic situation in that nation stabilizes. It is the deep hope of this chair that the government that emerges from this mess is representative of the Ravostokan people. Not a collectivist oligarchical party or corrupt church, but a true democracy in line with the will of the people of that country."

"In other business," Sif continued, "the nation of Lesta's application is still pending. I invite the delegates in attendance to ask the Lestian representative any further questions they may have. If not they are free to cast a ballot."

Nation Name:
Vote to Admit Lesta into the Luscova Pact
<Yes> <No> <Abstain>

Reactions: Nev
Nation Name: The Greater Ilian Coalition of the Eastern Leagues of Itrea and Icetio and the Western Regent-Kingdom of Taveris and Isalia

No

Nation Name: Imperial Commonwealth of Norsia
<No>

Nation Name: Mintoria The Republic of Ultramont
<Abstain>

Last edited:
Nation Name: Syrixian Empire
<No>

Nation Name: Second Arcanstotskan Republic
<Abstain>

Flavian stood up and turned on his microphone, there was an air of urgency. Instead of his normal calm demeanor, Flavian seemed rather agitated as he prepared to speak to the assembled body.

"Ladies and Gentlemen of this esteemed committee, I am rise to inform you that the Imperium has moved to protect ethnic Suavidici on the northern most island of Palmyra. As I speak to you all now legionaries are securing key objectives. My government regrets to say that it could not inform you before the attack less more reprisals happen against the Suavidici in Palmyra. Earlier this month our radio stations got a message from leaders of the Suavidici community in Palmyra, they were being rounded up and forced into reeducation facilities. The claim was then verified by members of the Umbramandus, our intelligence agency and military have worked together to assemble evidence of said events. Video evidence taken by legionaries that have landed already has confirmed that there has been a targeted campaign of murders and repression against ethnic Suavidici. You all must understand, how would any of your nations act if they could prevent their people from experiencing a genocide?"

Flavian took a moment to let the question sink in before he continued:

"Do what you will, but the Imperial government is in Palmyra to prevent our people from repression by a false government that would do nothing but harm to them."

Madame Dupuy fidgeted with a pencil eraser as she rose.

"I suppose we were expecting this, Monsieur Flavian. But mind you our agreement precludes the trajectories of innocent refugees. We will be accepting such persons into Ultramont should they seek citizenship or asylum in Ultramont."

Back