The Luscova Pact

"I must first state that the Empire supports Korova's application." Chirag stated, before turning to Sif.

"On the matter of Highton, though; all due respect, ambassador?" Chirag replied, "I am not the one who does not seem to understand. I believe I just said, in response to Ambassador Frigo, that my government has very much acknowledged the mistake it made in not postponing the visit for a second time. It very clearly had the opposite effect to what was intended, and we will be taking measures to ensure that such a situation does not manifest in the future."

"You seem to be ignoring this and insisting upon the narrative that this error was in fact some sort of malicious venture. This could not be further from the truth. I have said it before and will say it again: the Empire has stood for and will continue to stand for freedom, democracy, and multilateral diplomacy. You may call our pledge of cooperation a smokescreen, ambassador, but actions will speak louder than words."

"Actions do speak louder than words, Ambassador. And your actions in Highton speak volumes as to how you view Craviter. You claim the Empire stands for democracy. My government must ask ourselves two questions.
First, how do we engage with a Hightonian state that has been compromised? Secondly, how do we distinguish between Syrixia's support for democracy and support for 'democracy with Syrixian characteristics'?"

Albane spoke up again. "I second Ambassador Kfaer's questions. And I would like a public statement from the Syrixian government owning to its mistake, not just Ambassador Thakur's promises that it is so. Until such time I do not consider any such acknowledgement to have actually been made. It is one thing to make statements in a closed assembly, it is another to make statements publicly."

Last edited:
Chirag sighed at Kjær's questions. Here we go again. Then Albane gave his addendum.

"If it is the will of our allies, then I will notify my government of such a request promptly following this meeting." Chirag responded to Albane, then once more turning to Kjær.

"But I must advise, ambassador, that you desist from the relabelling of terms the definitions of which you are clearly unaware. You will find that our system of government - to which said term refers - is quite similar to your own."

"I must also advise, once again, that you desist from this narrative on which you seem to be stuck. You are dangerously exaggerating an ill-timed scheduling mishap to seem as if it were some sort of conspiracy against the very values we hold dear. The Crowned Republic of Highton has been and remains a stable democracy and an ally of all members of this Pact, and Ambassador Albin has made it clear that said stable democracy is duly investigating the matter. If we are going to go back and forth on this, ambassador, then I fail to see the point of continuing the discussion."

Chirag turned back to Albane. "We motion for a vote on the applications of Korova and Aydin."

Having observed the discourse up until now, and with the motion for a vote being put on the table, Mason decided it was an appropriate time to get his two cents in before the vote starts.
"As of this moment, I haven't received any guidance from my government back in Sudo on the issue of possible election interference by the Syrixian government. However, I do have my own personal opinions on the whole situation and because I am given a certain amount of autonomy to act from Sudo, they will have to suffice. As far as I know, the Syrixians do not have a history of manipulating foreign elections to their favor. If they did, or do in the future then it could be the precipitating event for some sort of action against the Syrixian government. Regardless, they do not have a history of manipulating foreign elections, as far as I know. That being said, the Hightonians did say they were going to do an investigation, I believe we should let them deal with this issue internally as they have not asked for help from the Luscova Pact, if they do come back with proof of manipulation then I do think we should address the issue. However, until they do or do not, I think we should table this issue so we can deal with the votes that need to be dealt with. That being said, whether or not there was interference of some sort, it does appear to me that the mistrust has been sown, whether intentionally or accidentially, on Craviter. I just hope that it doesn't cause a split in the Pact. Now, on the note of the inclusion of Korova and Ayudin, they do have a history of cooperation with fellow Craviterean nations in the Pact. Mondari supports the inclusion of Korova and Ayudin, and we support the motion for a vote."

Last edited:
Albane nodded "Very well. Since Ambassador Thakur does not seem to want to continue the previous discussion. If there is nothing left to discuss we will now move on to votes of admittance."

The Norsian Empire on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

The Norsian Empire on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

Last edited:
The Republic of Mondari on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

The Republic of Mondari on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

Last edited:
After setting off the fire alarm of the building, Frigo quickly snuffs out his cigar, and announces Predice's votes:

"The Most Serene State of Predice votes AYE on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact, and AYE on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact"

The Crowned Republic of Highton on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

The Crowned Republic of Highton on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

"the Empire votes AYE on the admittance of Korova and Aydin into the Luscova Pact."

Last edited:
"I would appreciate not being lectured on terminology, Ambassador Chirag. The fact remains that it is easy to extol Hightonian democracy when the side your visit signal boosted won by slim margins. You wish to paint the position of my government as disingenuous, sitting there and acting beleaguered. I am truly sorry I had to be the one to hold the Imperial government to account for their actions, but there is no denying what happened. I can assure you, Ambassador, that he Prydanian position on this matter, my position, is neither disingenuous nor exaggerated, as we see it. That you continue to characterize it as such displays that even now the Empire truly doesn't understand Craviter."

"You insist that you wish to act in good faith all members of this pact. Insulting my government's position is not that. Assuming you know why we hold that position is not that. Perhaps try talking to a Prydanian first, Ambassador. Ask some relevant questions and maybe set some time aside for self reflection."

Kingdom of Prydania on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE
Kingdom of Prydania on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes NAY

Coalition of Ilia and Taveris on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE
Coalition of Ilia and Taveris on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes ABSTAIN

OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION
OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE SECOND ARCANSTOTSKAN REPUBLIC

To the esteemed Luscova Pact,
In the interest of engaging in further international economic cooperation, of promoting common international prosperity, and in the wish to both offer economic and infrastructural development assistance abroad and to receive such assistance from abroad, the Second Arcanstotskan Republic would like to formally request entry into the Luscova Pact's economic and infrastructure communities.

Signed,
Natasha Danikina
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Second Arcanstotskan Republic

"Mondari will support Arcanstotskan's entrance into the Pact due to its geographical position. Having them in the Pact would connect the northern Craviterean members with the southern Craviterean members. It would allow the Pact greater mobility across the continent if an aggressor decides to try and attack a fellow members state. Now, their entrance would effect the Craviterean members much more than it would effect Mondari. So, if the member states on Craviter vote against Arcanstotskan's entrance, we will also vote against their entrance. However, we do see them as a potentially valuable member. Thank you."

Last edited:
Ambassador Bakkal pushed his glasses back up onto his face and moved the mic closer to his face. "The Aydin delegation would like to bring to the attention of the pact the fact that currently, the nation of Arcanstotska is in the midst of a major civil conflict and due to that we feel that it may not be the correct time for their entrance into the pact." The old ambassador turned and lifted his elbow to cough. "As we feel that the investment of money and manpower into Arcanstotska would be much more effective if they were not actively fighting terrorists."

Albane leaned in and spoke up. "Norsia supports Arcanstotska's admission into this Pact. Arcanstotska and this pact will be stronger together. And Mr. Bakkal, one territory being held by radicals, is hardly going to seize up the gears of an entire nation. So long as it is contained into West Vaasa and all opportunities for them to reach beyond is taken away, your investments are safe and sound. Arcanstotska, Malor-Kanada, and even my country are already taking measures to make this radical rebellion a short lived affair."

Bakkal looking to his assistant gestures for her to bring him something. The assistant hastily walks up to the man and hands him a file, pushing his glasses up onto his face the old ambassador opens it. "This file contains photos detailing only a small amount of the damage caused by recent attacks on Arcanstotskan cities, infrastructure, and other assets." Bakkal held up one of the photos. "This image was taken by Arcanstotskan press after the attack on the port city of Ramelensk." He said while holding out the photo for the rest to see, in it was the chilling sight of burning port facilities, the bodies of civilians scattered about the image, and in the background the burning wreckage of a plane not yet removed. "This my fellow delegates is what Mr. Albane would like to market to us as safe for investment, so let me ask... does this look safe to you?" Bakkal turned to his secretary. "Pass these other photos around." He said in an upset slightly upset tone.

"No, it does not. But now Arcanstotska and we are aware of the dangers and can take proper measures to correct them. I don't think I need to remind anyone that my government is very keen on Craviter being a place of peace, prosperity, and stability. And nothing gets our blood going quicker than having our homelands invaded or having innocents slaughtered. With this new terror state being right on my countries border, I don't think It'd be news to anyone here if I told you my government is promptly intervening in this conflict to bring it a swifter end."

Albane took a drink of water.

"If the Luscova Pact got squeamish and ran away at the very sight of crisis or incident, then the pact wouldn't be a very strong one, would it? Would it be able to fulfill the military goals of its charter if it cowered at terrorism? I think not. This Pact handles Military, Economic, and Infrastructural affairs on an international scale. My knees aren't going to quiver because a rabid dog took a bite at someone. You put the dog down."

Mason looked at Ambassador Bakkal, thinking over the points he made, realizing the main problem with his argument. "Mr. Bakkal, your problem with admitting Arcanstotska seems to be that it is fairly unstable and has issues with domestic terrorism and violence if I'm correct. That on its face is a fair point, that being said, it doesn't seem to be a good argument considering your nation's state. Aydin has areas where bandits seem to run everything, even in the places where they don't seem to have a good amount of control, there are still bandits running around freely in your nation. Anyone in the Pact could have made that argument when Aydin's membership was being considered. If you don't want an unstable nation being a member of the Pact then maybe you would find a vote to eject Aydin on that same idea an agreeable solution, am i wrong? No, I do not think that is a fair argument. Terrorism is not a static entity, it spreads. The terrorist group on my home continent of Kian started in Stakhr and are trying to cause damage in Regunalia, Valencia, Illderia, and Mondari. Arcanstotska's membership should be seen as even more important due to its current issues. It lies between Norsia and Highton, both are members of the Pact. Hell, those terrorists could try to launch attacks in Prydania, Essalanea, Aydin or even Mondari herself. If the government in Arcanstotska collapses or is overthrown by these terrorists, that would be an even bigger threat to the Pact as a whole. I believe that admitting them as a member and sending them support is the best way to handle this. That being said, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Thank you."

Last edited:
Bakkal sighed deeply. "Foreigners." He whispered away from the mic. Turning to the Midiran ambassador his face looking disappointed.
"The matter of banditiry in Aydin is in no way comparable to the West Vaasans and their actions against the nation of Arkanstotska, in truth these bandits are barely an issue they are confined to the deepest parts of the desert and their presence is barely felt compared to the presence of the seperatists in West Vaasa. Meaning that your comparison is not only a false one but is also a factually inaccurate one." The old man turned again to cough.
"And a quick question for you Mr. Albane, when you are building a house and it catches on fire is the best way of going about it putting out the fire and building it up later or continuing to build the house as it is burning? Because I would think most of the other delegates here would agree with me when I say it is much better to wait until the fire is put out so then the pact does not have to fight against the flames as the nation is still burning." Bakkal leaned back into his chair, arms crossed.

Albane smiled "Mr, Bakkal, How many wars has Aydin fought, and how long ago was the last one it fought? Norsia's last two wars are still in the living memory of most of our population. I don't think I need to tell you that guns, bullets, and bombs are not the only things that win a war. Infrastructure wins wars. If you cannot get your supplies to the frontline, your soldiers do not have ammo, no food. come winter no warm clothing. In war, the house will burn, yes. but infrastructural projects, War bonds, lend-lease all of this contributes to not only extinguishing the fire but rebuilding what has burnt away and building on top of it. You say do not let Arcanstotska into this pact, I say that is choosing to let the house burn."
Albane cleared his throat away from the mic.

"Norsia is very familiar with war. we have suffered it constantly throughout our history, we were molded by it, made by it, arguably war is who we are. The goings-on in West Vaasa is as natural to us as breathing and we will not cower from it. I'm not telling you to build while the house is on fire, I'm telling you to stop dancing around it, put it out, and carry on already. And if bandits are such a nonissue to your government because they hide in the desert, I'd hate to see what happens when they finally grow bold and make themselves unignorable. Sounds like you're not far from having a situation similar to West Vaasa yourself."

Last edited:
Sif Kjær tapped her pen and glared at Ambassador Bakkal.

"Eyðimerkurveldskt" she muttered before leaning into her mic. Her government had informed her that Aydin's entry into the LP should be opposed. If only she could have been more convincing...

"Mr. Bakkal..." she began, reading over a report signed with a scribbled green MH, "this isn't a company. I understand that a distinction between a pact of mutual cooperation and a company might be hard for a government that holds a monopoly in oil to understand, but we would be acting against our stated principals to deny Arcanstotska. Essalanea, Korova, my own country...we wouldn't be here if we were deemed 'poor investments.'"

"This Pact is meant for defence. For aid. Do we deny Arcanstotska these things? In my country we have a saying. þú mótmælir of miklu. It means that the person who pushes something has something to hide or to gain. So I must ask you, Ambassador Bakkal, what does Aydin's government have to gain by opposing Arcanstotska? What does it wish to hide by denying Arcanstotska entry to this pact?"

Last edited:
Bakkal glared back at Sif. "Mrs. Kjær the imperial government of Aydin has nothing to hide but what we gain is the satisfaction in the knowledge that our collective investments into Arcanstotska are not blown to bits by separatists. This does not mean that we are opposed to them joining at a later date as we would be happy to accept their admission after they defeat the West Vaasans and I would also like to remind you of the past decision by your government to vote against the entrance of Sutherland into the pact because they were at war. So I now must ask you what is the difference?" The elderly man took a sip of his water and turned to face Albane.

"Mr. Albane the nation of Aydin is currently at war, as we are assisting one of our neighbors Gwadladcan in fighting insurgents. We know of war and we know what it takes. And these bandits that you and Mr. Mason seem to be so concerned about are being dealt with, their camps are being tracked down and the bandits will be punished..." Bakkal paused for a moment to think of what to say next. "At the end of the day issue of the entrance of Arcanstotska into the pact should be decided after the conflict is over, this is to one safeguard assets in the case of attack and two to safeguard the lives of those we would send to fight." Bakkal reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a small flask and drank it.

Reactions: Arc
The clearly annoyed Mario quietly, and calmly lit a cigar, and began puffing on it.
He then rose to speak
“Mr. Bakkal. The same can be said of the separatists, who are being herded into a single city. They are being defeated. There can be no doubt that the insurgents will be defeated. Likely before your Bandits, who endanger the lives of tourists from across the world. There is no basis to your argument.”
Frigo, calmly sat down again and continued smoking his cigar.

Sif scoffed.
"Your comparison to Sutherland would hold more weight, Ambassador, if it was West Vassa that was up for admittance. You mentioned 'investments' again. The Kingdom of Prydania would suggest that Aydin begin to consider this matter in terms of human life, and not potential profits."

"Mr. Bakkal, you said Aydin is aiding Gwadladcan in fighting their insurgents. Correct? Now, that means that your government thinks that a coalition would be more capable of handing terrorists than just one nation alone. If you don't think that, then why is Aydin helping Gwadladcan? For fun? Because it's a nice vacation for the troops overseas? I doubt that. If your government agrees that a coalition would be more capable of handing terrorists, then why not bring Arcanstotska into the Pact, form a coalition, and destroy the terrorists? Plenty of nations in the Pact have experience dealing with terrorists, insurgents, rebels, whatever you want to call them. The member states of the Pact have arguably much more combined ability and experience than Arcanstotska alone has. Another thing, Mrs. Kjaer is correct, human life is important. Letting these terrorists run around without helping put them down has the very likely possibility to cause more death and destruction then has already been caused. In the end though, I do feel like most of the Pact agrees that bringing Arcanstotska in is a net positive outcome. That should be all I have to say until the voting starts."

Albane took some more water before adding more to the points of his peers.

"our friends in Predice are constantly under threat by the Communist State of New Aleman. what would you propose we do if war were to break out Mr. Bakkal? cut our collective losses and eject Predice from this pact? What about Aydin being at war with Gwaladcan Should we eject your country? I think not. I ultimately have to agree with Mr. Frigo. There is no basis for your arguments. If you want to pretend that your country is a business and only look at the profits and costs, be my guest, but you will continue to find little to no sympathy for that viewpoint in this Pact. We do not measure the value of human life in IBU."

Last edited:
Bakkal stared at them, his eyes filled with fire. "The Nation of Aydin..." He was interrupted by his secretary who whispered something into his ear, Bakkal's demeanor shifted... it was grim. "I have just received a communication informing me of stolen Aydini fighters being discovered in a West Vaasan warehouse. This apparently comes after a string of thefts of military equipment. The Grand Sultan himself has decided to as a small apology have me vote in their favor. His Imperial Majesty also will be assisting them in the discovery of the thief and will be compensating them later on." Bakkal sighed again deeply rubbing his forehead and taking a much large swig from his flask.

Mario Frigo rose immediately in anger.
“How does a nation allow FIGHTER JETS to be stolen?! These things just do not happen. This simply shows two things: Aydini incompetence, or Aydini support of terrorists. Which is it? Mr. Bakkal... the incompetence or stupidity, likely both, of your government is astounding.”
He quietly sat down before muttering “Fucking Aydinis” under his breath.

Bakkal took another swig from his flask. "The running theory is that one of the members of the AIO High Command smuggled these jets out of the country to assist the West Vaasans for reasons currently unknown. But rest assured this traitor will be found and punished severely for his crimes." Bakkal noticing his flask was running low gestured for his assistant who from her bag takes out another flask and hands it to him.

Frigo rises again, now truly angry.
“Do not insult my intelligence, Mr. Bakkal. Do you seriously want us to believe, that these fighters were smuggled out of Aydin? How does that happen? Please explain the MO. Because I seriously cannot believe, that a government, and military is that incompetent.”
He then resumes his seat, trying to calm down.

Last edited:
Suddenly, a voice spoke up that had not yet spoken once during this session, nor at all in the halls of the Pact. "It does no one any good to continue arguing like this!"

Alia Sharma, the newly-appointed Permanent Representative of the Empire to the Luscova Pact, had turned on her microphone. "Remember that we are all allies here. Let's be civil and focus on the topic at hand. For our part, the Empire has no objection to the application of Arcanstotska, and on the matter of their application we would like to move for a vote."

Last edited:
Frigo stood, and faced Alia.
“I for my part do not want to be allies with a country supporting terrorists. If this pact wishes to include within its ranks of brotherly nations supporters of terrorists, then this pact will have failed. That is why I propose a motion to suspend Aydin from the pact. If the investigations reveal that this wasn’t intentional, and indeed was not what the Government wanted, then we can lift this suspension.”
Frigo again, calmly resumed his seat.

Sif nodded.
"I find myself in agreement with our Predician friends. This is a pact that is, in part, meant to spur development in member nations. How can we stand by while we are lectured on how we shouldn't do this, by a government whose interest in the relevant dispute is of question? To Ambassador Sharma I ask, is Aydin truly an ally of these assembled nations if it continues to insist we only offer a helping hand for profit? Again, I propose that there is a difference between a corporation and a mutual aid pact. We were led to believe this was the latter."

Bakkal mid-sip of his spat out the assorted alcoholic beverage in shock. "You cannot be serious, we have not funded any terrorists what so ever. The very idea of it is preposterous what would the nation of Aydin want to do in a nation that is first nowhere near us, second a nation that has up until this point has had no real interaction with the nation of Aydin." Bakkal took a moment to catch his breath and turned to Sif. "We are here for the mutual cooperation of all member states we are looking out for their best interests. Why would our nation want to jeopardize the strong relationship we have with the pact especially after the help they provided during Aydini mass modernization?" He turns to face Sharma his face sweaty and desperate looking.

"Madam, believe me when I say we will find who perpetrated this nonsense and instead of trying to suspend or get rid of other members of the pact for crimes they did not commit. I say we work together to crush the Vaasans and eliminate whoever has betrayed the trust of my nation." Bakkal leaned back in his chair drenched in sweat his assistant from her seat walks up to him and gives him a small towel which he proceeds to wipe some of the sweat off of his brow with.

Reactions: Arc
Back