The Luscova Pact

Sif glared at the ambassador from Aydin.

"You have spoken of Arcanstotska not being an appropriate 'investment.' Your words, Ambassador, not mine. I should be grateful the majority of this Pact did not share your viewpoint on similar matters, or else my country might not be represented here. Prydania could very well be considered a 'bad' investment. Thankfully such views have not been acted on in the past, and my country has grown thanks to the proliferation of the idea that people, not profits, should be put first. I am unsure why Aydin's government feels we should change course now. Either the government of Aydin has a worldview entirely unfit for this alliance or it is attempting to hide something that could come to light with Arcanstotska's admittance."

"I have to agree with the representatives from Predice and Prydania on suspending Aydin's membership. Even if its just a handful of people in the high command of Aydin's intelligence organization, the competence and motives of the government as a whole seems to be in question. It's also a bit telling that you only care about people dying if it directly effects Aydin. Maybe Aydin can come back to membership when the government gets its act together. Sure, even my nation has made mistakes. However, fighter jets, pieces of equipment that cost millions if not hundreds of millions, being smuggled out without anyone noticing is something I refuse to believe is happening. There is an incredibly small chance that the government as a whole doesn't support the terrorists in West Vaasa but that risk is something I do not see worth taking. I am starting to regret my vote on your nation's membership if this is how your government conducts itself and on a smaller scale, how you conduct yourself."

Bakkal sitting up in his chair glared back at the Prydanian his face beet red. "The nation of Aydin has nothing to hide our doors are wide open, the government of Aydin would be glad to have the Luscova pact investigate the issue and to the matter of the nation of Aydin valuing peoples lives, I find it outrageous that you would assume we do not care about the people. We care deeply about the nations of the pact as is why we are worried about how they "invest" their resources. By saying invest I am not trying to take away from the importance of the matter it is only a turn of phrase and is not meant to be interpreted as any kind of disrespect or uncaringness. Bakkal once again running out of alcohol gestures for his assistant to bring him his bag from which he pulls out a larger flask and begins to sip from it.

Albane stood from his seat and leaned in.

"I must agree with Mr. Frigo, as much as I too enjoy the sauce, getting sauced or being sauced in this chamber is not something I can condone.. On top of this, it seems all of our tempers are getting the best of us, and the debate has run away from us. We should move on to the vote for the admission of Arcanstotska into the Pact, once that is finished I think this chamber needs a much-needed recess."

“I agree, I do also think that the vote to admit Arcanstotska into the Pact should also include a vote to suspend Aydin from the Pact. The issue with the fighter jets is just what we know. That could be the tip of the iceberg of what shady stuff’s happening in their government. That should be all from me from the time being. Thank you.”

Vargen shifted uncomfortably in his chair, the recent wound to his chest still stinging with every movement. He had been appointed as Essalanea's representative to the pact in recognition of his defence of King Gaiseric during the abortive Volgis uprising, it was an honour that was already proving dubious. Vargen had longed to prove to his father Magnar that he could be a worthy successor, the pact would provide him with the proof he needed if he could survive its volatile politics. His first session was already proving to be eventful, the Aydinese ambassador had put his foot firmly in his mouth and while day drinking no less.

Vargen leaned forward painfully and tapped the mic before speaking "My father has often said that drunks provide great entertainment but poor advice, I'm going to be blunt when i say that either the Aydinese representative did not read the charter or can't handle his liquor. The charter of the luscova pact expressively welcomes all nations seeking aid in their development and the rebuilding of their nations. To further emphasise my point I need only point to how flawed the representatives assertion is that a standing conflict invalidates membership applications.

Essalanea is a founding member of the pact, we have had near-constant clan skirmishes and two major civil conflicts since we joined. Predice too has been involved in skirmishes on the contact line against New Aleman, should we invalidate their membership on such grounds too? and what of the esteemed representatives own nation? a land whose border is so lawless that bandits and even a few rogue clan elements continue to raid and pillage as though the region was not part of a so-called empire?!

No, I feel we must call horse shit for what it is when it stinks up the room, I suggest we move to an immediate vote concerning Arcanstotskan admission to the pact"

Graf keeps his Mintorian whisky for special occasions. This was one of them. He poured himself a bit, gave it a taste and started speaking in his thick Hannoferian highland accent.

"Addressing the issue at hand, i now speak to the honorable -if i can still call him that- representative of Aydin. A nation, which calls himself and "empire", while letting bandits terrorize its local populous has no right to speak of a fellow nation as an unwanted investment. As my honorable friends from both Prydania and Predice have showed that even in times of struggle or -lets just say- diplomatic inconvenience, nations can defeat every opinion cast upon them and stand up after a bitter fight to further the existence of their traditions. There is one example left out of this discussion, which in contrast to the other 2 cases is much more closer to Arcanstotskan situation. This is the Braslenian insurgency , which has been ended just a few months ago.

I, myself have served there -as have every man from my generation- and let me tell you, what's going on in Craviter is just a walk in the park if we are comparing it to the doings of Alderig Koning and Leo Altmann. If my nation, Illderia managed to join this very union, while Landwehr units were shelling their own province, then we should welcome Arcanstotskan admission to the pact with open arms.

Therefore the Kingdom of Illderia votes AYE regarding the admission of the Second Arcanstotskan Republic to the Luscova Pact"

Although Leopold, a typical Illdrish-Hannoferian managed to keep his cool from the outside, his heart was filled with fire. No one questions his and His Majesty's closest allies, nor even dare to insult them.

Recovering himself Bakkal straightened up in his seat. "The Grand Sultanate of Aydin out of respect to the Arcanstotskan people and government choose to vote AYE regarding their admission into the pact." Bakkal stood up from his seat. "I would like to make it perfectly clear, the Aydini government had nothing to do with the supplying of West Vaasan separatists and the real perpetrator will be found. Whether you decide to assist us as a fellow member of the pact is up to you but please understand our government has never perpetrated any actions against the state of Arcanstotska, now if someone needs me I will be in the hallway to catch my breath." Bakkal turned and walked out into the hallway outside of the chamber.

Last edited:
Albane looks around the chamber. "The vote to admit Arcanstotska into this Pact has ended, Eight ayes, zero abstains, zero nays. I welcome the Second Republic of Arcanstotska into this Pact. I hope our friendships grow strong and our bonds stronger, through peace and conflict, through the good times and the struggles." Albane took a drink of water.

"This chamber has the option, pursue the issue of Aydin suspension now, or wait until after recess. I personally would recommend the latter."

Last edited:
Bakkal walking in from the hallway straightened his hair and his tie while swiftly moving to his seat. Sitting down he straightened out his desk and exclaimed. "I would also like to motion for a recess, as you can see I have some items that I need to sort out at the moment." He said leaning back into his chair stretching.

It was the very next day after Arcanstotska was formally voted into the pact and Recess was called. today the matter of Aydin's suspension must be discussed.

Albane sat in his seat and took a sip of his lidded coffee and leaned in. "Once we're all settled, this session may begin. the pressing matter at hand is the possible suspension of Aydin from this pact. We may handle other issues in this session as they arrive."

Sharma leaned in. "I think it's abundantly clear from both the Aydini government's conduct last week as well as the words of Ambassador Bakkal in this chamber that Aydin is taking swift action in regards to the unfortunate security breach it experienced in regards to the fighter jets found in West Vaasa. If there truly was insidious activity going on, would Aydin be so eager to prove its own innocence? There is a Syrixian proverb that would bode well for Aydin were they lying - 'Say nothing and you shall make a fortune'. Liars do not jump at the opportunity to lie further - they seek to brush their lies under the rug and hope people buy them and forget them."

"Fellow delegates, the Luscova Pact was founded to assist nations with their development and lift them to prosperity. Rather than scorn and expel Aydin, why not fulfill our purpose? Ambassador Bakkal has
welcomed such activity, as I recall. I propose that instead of suspending Aydin, the Secretariat of the Luscova Pact initiate a second investigation into the matter, in cooperation with Aydini authorities, to ascertain the truth. Let's not make any rash actions here today. If the proposed investigation finds the Aydini government to be guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, then and only then do I think it is necessary to resort to suspension."

Sharma leaned out, quietly sighing to herself. She was going to have a "talk" with Bakkal after this meeting, especially if the Pact went forward with suspension...

Bakkal shifted in his seat, "I second this, the Nation of Aydin shall accept with open arms any and all investigative action by this pact. We seek to foster good and strong ties with our fellow members, as that was the whole purpose of our joining the pact. My superiors back in Antalya have informed me that they are on the scent and with the help of you all I guarantee we will find the true culprits behind the West Vaasan conflict." Bakkal looked around the room nervous, this was the make or break effort if this failed he was ruined.

Ambassador Nikolai Utyuzhin walked into the room and took his seat. He took a sip of water before he leaned into the microphone.

"First of all, I would like to take a moment to thank the assembled representatives and nations for welcoming both myself and Arcanstotska into this pact. We hope that we can contribute with great effectiveness to a more stable, prosperous, cooperative, and peaceful international community."

He looked over to Ambassadors Bakkal and Sharma, "As for the issue of Aydin being suspended from this Pact, Arcanstotska supports an expulsion of the Aydin Empire from the Luscova Pact while an international investigation looks into this. Fighter jets simply don't go missing without someone noticing. That leads to two possibilities: Aydin is supporting terrorists or Aydin is incapable of monitoring its military's activities. If it is the former option, then I have every reason to believe that the Aydin Empire is completely and utterly hostile to Arcanstotska's security and national well being. If it is the latter, then there are some very serious issues within the Grand Sultan's government which must be analyzed and addressed. In either case, I do not believe Aydin to be yet ready to meet the objectives of this pact."

Last edited:
Mason looked at Bakkal, completely done with the man. Looking back to the other representatives in the room he prepared to lay out his opinion. "While Ms. Sharma is right that we should launch an investigation into this... incident. I do not agree that their membership should not be suspended. The chances of multi million dollar jets being stolen without ANYONE noticing or seeing it as an issue that should be reported shows either massive amounts of corruption or complacency. There is no telling what other shady activities members of the military or government in Aydin are involved in. That being said, until this is investigated and the depths of this problem within the government and military is discovered and reported, I believe it is imperative that their membership be suspended. I would also like to add that if their membership being suspended makes them throw up their hands and say 'well, i guess we cant/shouldn't investiagte this' that would show that this proposal to investigate the issue is merely to protect their position in the Pact. To address Ms. Sharma's other objection, nobody mentioned kicking them out entirely, just that their membership be suspended so they get no say in the future activities or the future votes of the LP. Now, this might just be my opinion, but I also think that the current representative from Aydin, Mr. Bakkal, should request to have another person from his government... fill in... for him. The way he has presented himself, along with his drinking problem, doesn't reflect well on Aydin, at least in my opinion."

Frigo rose, and began: “Honourable colleagues... I concur wholeheartedly with the Representative for Midir. These were simply not actions of a single man, no. Fighter jets (very modern ones at that) are not simply stolen. Such fighters, as I have been advised, are under guard. This must have been an order from high up, so as to get the fighters to West Vaasa. This is why I call for the immediate suspension of Aydin from this pact.”
Finishing his piece, Frigo sat down once more.

Last edited:
Mikami Zahkarova sighed and leant back, crossing one arm across her torso and the other leaning from it into the air. She was utterly bewildered by the gullibility of the Syrixian representative, to blindly listen to the accused so readily when even a rural Korovan could talk about the declining state of the Aydini nation. Corrupt states were known for putting on public relations investigations that get quickly forgotten by the media. Pathetic, she thought.

"I concur with my Midirean and Predicean fellows. Even beyond these chambers it's public knowledge as to the neglect the Aydini state directs towards its security, how corrupt the nation it at local and national levels, and how self-concerned its governance is. Its status quo exists to preserve the wealth and hierarchy of its elite even if it renders the lives of its own people, and in this ongoing situation, the lives of international populations outside of its borders forfeit." she announced, pausing briefly to collect herself and hydrate.

"The theft of modern military equipment to the extent exhibited in Aydin is an impossible feat, so the Pact can only conclude that the state is neglectful and idiotic beyond such extents that is has no place alongside us or that it's corrupt to its very core and, again, has no place here until an official, unimpeded third party investigation led by the Pact can be conducted."

"Alongside this rampant corruption, neglect, or both, I question the validity and safety of the nuclear programme in Aydin. How can we first of all trust that domestic programmes arent being tampered with by malicious parties or failed by an incompetent state, nor how can we be certain that the programme is limited to domestic matters in face of recent developments surrounding the state's actions?"

Last edited:
Bakkal glared at both Frigo and Mikami. "The Aydini government is not just doing this for show. We are completely willing to accept foreign entities to assist in the investigation, why in Allab's name would we do that if we had something to hide. We want the Luscova pact's support not just to be shafted by it, the corruption inside of my nation is a problem but thankfully it is a problem we can solve together as a pact. You will do nothing but make the problem worse by suspending us." Bakkal took a breath and a sip of his water. "And for our nuclear program, it is in its infancy but if you would feel more secure our government is willing to put it on pause while an investigation occurs and if you would like you may survey the program. The Grand Sultanate is willing to fully cooperate in any way the pact needs it to." Bakkal sighed and leaned back into his chair.

Frigo rose and spoke: "With all due respect, Mister Bakkal, but it is obvious, that the Government of Aydin is complicit in this. I am afraid that there is no other way. These were modern fighter jets in active squadrons, no? From my understanding, these were top of the line stealth fighters. These types of aircraft simply ARE NOT stolen! Honoured Colleagues... These Aydini denials are laughable. Unless they provide evidence of the contrary, it remains the standing theory. This is why I still push for the suspension of Aydin from this pact. Now to the Nuclear Program side of things, I will back a motion for a deep investigation of the Nuclear program. I would warn any pact members against interfering in any such investigations, that may possibly come, lest they find themselves on the hot seat."
With his contribution made, Frigo once more sat down.

Sif Kjær leaned into her microphone.
"My delegation voted against Aydin's admission based on concerns that it would be the start of a voting bloc that, if left unchecked, could control enough votes to control this pact. And we see the Syrixian delegation 'urging' us not to suspend Aydin."

She looked around, and nodded.
"I concur with my colleagues from Midir, Predice, and Korova. I would also like to congratulate Ambassador Zahkarova on her nation's peaceful and open democratic elections. They represent not only a step forward for Korova, but a step forward towards a return of stable, open, and fair societies in the Auburn region."

"Ambassador Zahkarova, Ambassador Frigo, and Ambassador Mason are right, though. And I would like to stress this- suspension is a tool available to us. If this is not cause to use it, what is? If we don't take a stand now, when? If we choose not to suspend, or expel, Aydin then what are our thresholds for those actions? I would argue they become unreachable."

"To Ambassador Sharma's point, this pact was formed with mutual development in mind, but what is the state of things in Aydin? Prydania held free and fair elections just one year after a fifteen year civil war ended. We have a constitutional referendum upcoming, less than five years after that war ended. Korova, which descended into total anarchy, held open and fair elections. Predice fought a brutal conflict to toss off the yoke of tyranny. We have clawed and fought and struggled for the basic rights your nation takes for granted."

"Meanwhile what does Aydin do? Their system is closed, their politics remain the domain of the few. All while enjoying centuries of peace. Ambassador Sharma, I think I can speak for my Korovan and Predician colleagues when I say Prydania, Korova, and Predice would have loved to have experienced the internal tranquility Aydin has had while our nations descended into war and anarchy. And meanwhile this Aydin tranquility led to a strengthening of a regime that spits in the face of its own citizenry. Prydania did not experience a fifteen year crucible of blood and death, only to coddle the same sorts of tyranny we had to topple in our own home. Aydin's place in this pact was already suspect, but now with the actions in West Vaasa? We must confront the reality that this is a state that lacks any of the core values this pact claims to stand for."

Last edited:
Bakkal leaned forward closer to his mic. "To correct the previous statement by the Honorable ambassador from Predice, these fighter jets were not to of the line fighter craft but were, in fact, older models discontinued and mothballed by the AOI. They had been sitting in storage for years before they were stolen. This was an error on our part and we are deeply sorry for it. As is why we want to make it up not only to the Arcansttotskans but to the entirety of the Luscova pact by finding the culprit and bringing them to justice. This will also be followed by reparations paid to the Arcanstotskans and further investigations inside of the government to prevent further issues."

Sharma raised her eyebrows and leaned into her mic just after Bakkal had finished his usual grovelling, her look turning to First Secretary Albane.

"Point of order, Mr. First Secretary;" she said. "We've now seen two calls for the full expulsion of Aydin from this Pact. The rashness of or moral questions surrounding such can be debated on and on, but the topic of discussion originally introduced was suspension, was it not? It's important that we not let these proceedings get off topic, especially in a direction such as that which only exacerbates matters."

Last edited:
Mikami's eyes narrowed, first the Syrixian representative was gullible but now they were simply incapable of hearing properly.

"And who, Ms. Sharma, exactly is calling for expulsion from the Pact? Ms. Kjær only uttered the word expel, not its support. Each of us has very clearly identified suspension and investigation, mayhap I suggest you spend more time focusing on listening to the matters at hand and less time calculating ways to subvert our justified disdain?" she paused, shooting glaring, judgement-filled eyes at the Syrixian representative.

"Secondly may I ask why you believe the suspension of their voting rights would be an impediment for investigation? Do you believe the Aydini would be justified having a fit because of their toys being taken away? Because I firmly disagree. A state that the Pact believes is subverting the order of our organisation has no place making decisions in this chamber."

"But moving onto the words of Bakkal himself, an extreme shift from handwaving to reparation payment is most curious now that the majority of the Pact refuses to concede on the matter of suspension leaves one to wonder? Does it not?"

Bakkal stood up. "As you have all said, Aydini negligence is the cause of this entire incident, so what do you do to pay for the negligence you pay the affected parties and pay the consequences. We are trying to make this situation right, not worse." Bakkal sighed. "And to Mrs. Kjær's comments, I understand that our state being an absolute monarchy makes us look bad in comparison to the many other democracies of the Pact but believe me when I say change is on the way, the Sultan himself has said that he hopes to reform the state as he believes that it is finally time the people have a say." Bakkal sat back down.

Last edited:
Sharma quietly sighed again. Bakkal was bending over backwards; folding under pressure. She quickly glared at Bakkal, in the hopes of getting him to let her do the talking.

"Ambassador Zahkarova," Sharma promptly responded, staring right back at the Korovan ambassador. "If I may, it would not be accurate to state that 'the Pact believes' Aydin is subverting the order of this organization, nor would it be accurate to say 'the majority of the Pact' refuses to budge from the stance of suspension. In fact, the majority of this Pact's members have not yet taken a stance."

"Should the majority of the Pact stand for suspension, I see no reason to stand in the way provided it is accompanied by the proposed Pact investigation. Suspension or no, such an investigation should definitely take place, especially considering the Aydini government has openly proclaimed their intention to construct nuclear weapons. Additionally, as we have both mentioned, many of those who have spoken are in favor of an investigation. But, on the matter of suspension, I must ask, why does a vocal minority claim to speak on behalf of the whole?"

Last edited:
Albane leaned into the microphone as he looked around the assembly.

"Enough of this back and forth! I have heard a potential call for expulsion, and it came from Mr. Utyuzhin. I would be remiss if I disregarded it and didn't add it to the possibilities today. As for Aydin being an Absolute Monarchy, being absolute is not the core of the issue, though it does not help. Norsia itself is ruled Absolutely by our Emperess and our rise out of mediocrity has been relatively meteoric. But Absolutism is only as effective as the ruler who wields it. The issues lie in the neglect shown to its people and its government to allow military equipment regardless of how old be stolen. For bandits to roam and raid the countrysides and pick off hapless tourists."

Albane took a deep breath.

"There is something deeply wrong within the Aydinese government and, it must be found and rectified. No country that struggles to deal with its internal issues should have access to an arsenal with world-ending capabilities, and Aydin's issues aren't even strictly internal anymore. But I have no qualms about harnessing nuclear energy for the betterment of your country, so long as you handle it with the respect and reverence it demands."

Albane took a sip of his coffee.

"Are we to discuss this further, or does this assembly want to move on to voting on the matters of suspending Aydin and launching a joint Pact investigation? If we are to discuss this further it is to remain on the topics at hand."

Sif rolled her eyes.
"If you wish to take something I said out of context and gnash your teeth over a hypothetical expulsion that I didn't even call for, then you may do that. Do not, however, proceed to lecture us on the matter of what this pact does or doesn't want. Those of us from Craviter know what Syrixian pontifications sound like, and I don't believe that the our Pact members from outside of Craviter deserve to be subjugated to such condescension."

Sif looked around the hall...

"We all know what Aydin is. A state with a nuclear program. A state with disdain for the values many of us have struggled to claw back from tyranny. A state that practices ritualized sexual slavery. We objected to their membership here, but that dye was cast. And now this government pleads ignorance when it is found trying to exert more control in Craviter, beyond their borders. I'm unconvinced when they plead ignorance, and they absolutely should be suspended from this Pact. If anyone else- the vaunted 'silent majority' our Syrixian colleague lectured us on- disputes any of this now is the time to say so. Otherwise we should treat Aydin as it deserves to be treated."

Last edited:
Utyuzhin pushed up his glasses and nodded to Mad'am Kjaer.

"If modern military fighters can get to the other side of Craviter and into the hands of rabid separatists without Antalya supposedly being any the wiser, what is to say nukes are any different? Do my fellow Arcanstotskans back home need to be kept awake at night by the fear that the West Vaasan Free State - a terrorist organization - is in possession of weapons of mass destruction? My government - and, on top of that, the people which that government serves - will not stand for such a thing. I agree with Mr. Frigo: an investigation into this nuclear program, I believe, is a necessity for international security and the safety of peoples."

Vargen rose from his seat and took in the mood of the room, the knives were out and it didn't take a genius to know where they were pointed, he sighed and then leaned into the mic.

"The "loss" of dangerous weapons of war is cause for great concern, there are only two possibilities that come to mind, either the Aydinese government is trying to meddle in the affairs of a sovereign nation, in which case said government is guilty of wickedness or the Aydinese government cannot control its own military in which case said government is inept. The answer is deeply unsettling either way, I move that we suspend Aydin from the pact until such time as an investigation can ascertain how such assets could end up in west vaasa. And I would advise my Aydinese colleagues to consider their next moves very carefully, this can be a wake-up call or a final exit"

With that Vargen sat back down, it was just a matter of waiting now, that and hoping Aydin would not impede an investigation.

Albane adjusted in his chair before tidying his desk a bit. "With Mr. Vargen's final words I am drawing this debate to a close for the sake of everyone's time. There has been more than enough motions, we can talk about these matters all day but it is time to act on them one way or the other. The voting on whether or not to suspend the Aydini government from the Luscova Pact, and the vote to begin a joint pact investigation with the consent of the Aydini Government begins now. Keep in mind these votes are separate."

Code:
Nation Name: (NATION NAME HERE)
Suspend the Aydini Empire from the Luscova Pact? < AYE | NAY | ABSTAIN >
Launch a Joint Pact investigation into Aydini state corruption and missing military equipment < AYE | NAY | ABSTAIN >

Nation Name: Norsia
Suspend the Aydini Empire from the Luscova Pact? < AYE >
Launch a Joint Pact investigation into Aydini state corruption and missing military equipment < AYE >

Back