The Luscova Pact

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
-
"I must first state that the Empire supports Korova's application." Chirag stated, before turning to Sif.

"On the matter of Highton, though; all due respect, ambassador?" Chirag replied, "I am not the one who does not seem to understand. I believe I just said, in response to Ambassador Frigo, that my government has very much acknowledged the mistake it made in not postponing the visit for a second time. It very clearly had the opposite effect to what was intended, and we will be taking measures to ensure that such a situation does not manifest in the future."

"You seem to be ignoring this and insisting upon the narrative that this error was in fact some sort of malicious venture. This could not be further from the truth. I have said it before and will say it again: the Empire has stood for and will continue to stand for freedom, democracy, and multilateral diplomacy. You may call our pledge of cooperation a smokescreen, ambassador, but actions will speak louder than words."

Prydania

Það er alltaf sólríkt í Býkonsviði
-
-
-
-
"Actions do speak louder than words, Ambassador. And your actions in Highton speak volumes as to how you view Craviter. You claim the Empire stands for democracy. My government must ask ourselves two questions.
First, how do we engage with a Hightonian state that has been compromised? Secondly, how do we distinguish between Syrixia's support for democracy and support for 'democracy with Syrixian characteristics'?"

Zyvun

Registered
Albane spoke up again. "I second Ambassador Kfaer's questions. And I would like a public statement from the Syrixian government owning to its mistake, not just Ambassador Thakur's promises that it is so. Until such time I do not consider any such acknowledgement to have actually been made. It is one thing to make statements in a closed assembly, it is another to make statements publicly."

Last edited:

Syrixia

-
-
Chirag sighed at Kjær's questions. Here we go again. Then Albane gave his addendum.

"If it is the will of our allies, then I will notify my government of such a request promptly following this meeting." Chirag responded to Albane, then once more turning to Kjær.

"But I must advise, ambassador, that you desist from the relabelling of terms the definitions of which you are clearly unaware. You will find that our system of government - to which said term refers - is quite similar to your own."

"I must also advise, once again, that you desist from this narrative on which you seem to be stuck. You are dangerously exaggerating an ill-timed scheduling mishap to seem as if it were some sort of conspiracy against the very values we hold dear. The Crowned Republic of Highton has been and remains a stable democracy and an ally of all members of this Pact, and Ambassador Albin has made it clear that said stable democracy is duly investigating the matter. If we are going to go back and forth on this, ambassador, then I fail to see the point of continuing the discussion."

Chirag turned back to Albane. "We motion for a vote on the applications of Korova and Aydin."

Midir

TNPer
Having observed the discourse up until now, and with the motion for a vote being put on the table, Mason decided it was an appropriate time to get his two cents in before the vote starts.
"As of this moment, I haven't received any guidance from my government back in Sudo on the issue of possible election interference by the Syrixian government. However, I do have my own personal opinions on the whole situation and because I am given a certain amount of autonomy to act from Sudo, they will have to suffice. As far as I know, the Syrixians do not have a history of manipulating foreign elections to their favor. If they did, or do in the future then it could be the precipitating event for some sort of action against the Syrixian government. Regardless, they do not have a history of manipulating foreign elections, as far as I know. That being said, the Hightonians did say they were going to do an investigation, I believe we should let them deal with this issue internally as they have not asked for help from the Luscova Pact, if they do come back with proof of manipulation then I do think we should address the issue. However, until they do or do not, I think we should table this issue so we can deal with the votes that need to be dealt with. That being said, whether or not there was interference of some sort, it does appear to me that the mistrust has been sown, whether intentionally or accidentially, on Craviter. I just hope that it doesn't cause a split in the Pact. Now, on the note of the inclusion of Korova and Ayudin, they do have a history of cooperation with fellow Craviterean nations in the Pact. Midir supports the inclusion of Korova and Ayudin, and we support the motion for a vote."

Zyvun

Registered
Albane nodded "Very well. Since Ambassador Thakur does not seem to want to continue the previous discussion. If there is nothing left to discuss we will now move on to votes of admittance."

The Norsian Empire on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

The Norsian Empire on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

Last edited:

Midir

TNPer
Democratic Districts of Midir on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

Democratic Districts of Midir on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

Predice

TNPer
After setting off the fire alarm of the building, Frigo quickly snuffs out his cigar, and announces Predice's votes:

"The Most Serene State of Predice votes AYE on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact, and AYE on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact"

Highton

Not a Malorian vassal
-
-
The Crowned Republic of Highton on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

The Crowned Republic of Highton on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes AYE

Syrixia

-
-
"the Empire votes AYE on the admittance of Korova and Aydin into the Luscova Pact."

Last edited:

Prydania

Það er alltaf sólríkt í Býkonsviði
-
-
-
-
"I would appreciate not being lectured on terminology, Ambassador Chirag. The fact remains that it is easy to extol Hightonian democracy when the side your visit signal boosted won by slim margins. You wish to paint the position of my government as disingenuous, sitting there and acting beleaguered. I am truly sorry I had to be the one to hold the Imperial government to account for their actions, but there is no denying what happened. I can assure you, Ambassador, that he Prydanian position on this matter, my position, is neither disingenuous nor exaggerated, as we see it. That you continue to characterize it as such displays that even now the Empire truly doesn't understand Craviter."

"You insist that you wish to act in good faith all members of this pact. Insulting my government's position is not that. Assuming you know why we hold that position is not that. Perhaps try talking to a Prydanian first, Ambassador. Ask some relevant questions and maybe set some time aside for self reflection."

Kingdom of Prydania on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE
Kingdom of Prydania on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes NAY

Lord Lore

Eldritch Horror that Plagues Eras Cartography
-
-
-
-
Coalition of Ilia and Taveris on the admittance of Korova into the Luscova Pact votes AYE
Coalition of Ilia and Taveris on the admittance of Aydin into the Luscova Pact votes ABSTAIN