Pelhaforan Emergency OOC

Kannex:
Nebula:
Nightsong:
Nebula:
Nightsong:
Cogoria:
There mightn't be a war yet, so there mightn't be refugees....
Nebula is involved. There will be a war, trust me.
527486fc0a04975223f9b39f358111e25259c942c2a3652e14f888e31dcf8997.jpg
As I said, anytime you are involved there is a war. Hell will have frozen over and pigs will fly if you don't cause a war this time around...
Challenge-Accepted-Face-01.jpg
Nebula not wanting to cause a war? Zoowee mama.
fun-cat-picture-your-lamp-was-hideous.jpg

Kannex:
Nebula:
Nightsong:
Nebula:
Nightsong:
Cogoria:
There mightn't be a war yet, so there mightn't be refugees....
Nebula is involved. There will be a war, trust me.
527486fc0a04975223f9b39f358111e25259c942c2a3652e14f888e31dcf8997.jpg
As I said, anytime you are involved there is a war. Hell will have frozen over and pigs will fly if you don't cause a war this time around...
Challenge-Accepted-Face-01.jpg
Nebula not wanting to cause a war? Zoowee mama.
shut up fascist

jk luv u :hug:

Pelhafor has 80 million population? shit, my 33 million will have to be heavily drafted if war breaks out XD Though already should be approaching 2,640,000 mobilised at this stage....

Cogoria:
Pelhafor has 80 million population? shit, my 33 million will have to be heavily drafted if war breaks out XD Though already should be approaching 2,640,000 mobilised at this stage....
Of your 33 million population how many people could truly be drafted and trained in a timely manner? I only ask because I do not see anywhere that your nation has a mandatory draft / training of its citizens so I'm curious as to how strong / well prepared your armed forces are.

I have conscription, I've been playing with that the whole time, my actual NS page used to include my compulsory military service it the remarkable line of the description but then I did some stuff to improve health and safety and it was replaced :/

Cogoria:
I have conscription, I've been playing with that the whole time, my actual NS page used to include my compulsory military service it the remarkable line of the description but then I did some stuff to improve health and safety and it was replaced :/
The reason I ask is that I want to make sure that military numbers stay within the realm of reason of what a nation's economy could support. Having said that, I'm going use South Korea and their armed forces as a basis for you in this example as they have one of the largest armies by total size. South Korea, between their active military, their reserve military and their paramilitary have a grand total of 6,604,500 personnel. That total number comprises 13% of South Korea's total population. If you were to translate that percentage number over to your nation and their stated total population of 33 million people, 13% would be 4,290,000 personnel.

Edit: I'm pulling numbers from this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

And as to tech and training, the army is comparable in both, to cold war soviet union. fairly well trained troops but not spectacular, in large numbers. Though the generals make up for the armies basic training by being pretty good. Technology, I'm rippinig straight from the soviet union, with TU-95 bears badgers and all manner of bombers, migs and T72s and T80s. Only thing I'm missing from the old USSR is nukes. There are also vast stores of older weapons, the army disposes of nothing and maintains the same caliber weapons as previous generation, so if the home land IS invaded everyone is expected to resist.Well except babies, but even young kiddies will be thrown at the meat grinder for defence

And I'll be sticking to 8 for the time being seeing as we're not officially at war. In peacetime I keep it at 2% standing force, not including the conscripts being trained in.

Cogoria:
And as to tech and training, the army is comparable in both, to cold war soviet union. fairly well trained troops but not spectacular, in large numbers. Though the generals make up for the armies basic training by being pretty good. Technology, I'm rippinig straight from the soviet union, with TU-95 bears badgers and all manner of bombers, migs and T72s and T80s. Only thing I'm missing from the old USSR is nukes. There are also vast stores of older weapons, the army disposes of nothing and maintains the same caliber weapons as previous generation, so if the home land IS invaded everyone is expected to resist.Well except babies, but even young kiddies will be thrown at the meat grinder for defence
like "people driving the tanks right out of the factories to the front lines" kinda thing?

Oh and there are 82.500 revolutionary guard, essentially tier 1 troops best training and weapons the nation can provide, there are better formations, elite spetznaz type troops, but their numbers and unit designation is clasified.

Huh, how about that, we use red stars as the center of our training targets. What a coincidence. j/k

Cogoria:
@Nebula, yup, slap a red star on it and it's combat ready!
On what?

Plus Nebula doesn't really go in for red stars. Purple stars, yes- they're a symbol of Nebula. But not red.

Cogoria:
Guess what the population of Kannex is?

Kannex:
Cogoria:
Guess what the population of Kannex is?
hmmm... the absofuckinglutely ridiculous sum of 200 million people

@ Nebula, I was refering to the tanks leaving factories and driving straight to the front, stick a red star on any chasis and it's officially combat ready XD 200 million? I'll have to be creative so XD

Nukes serve as an effective deterrent against him for this exact reason- drop a big one just about anywhere and that's a few million dead.

Don't got nukes. Only top secret chemical weapons production. Nothing like blanketing a city with mustard gas!

Wait... Ignore my mention of chemical weapons!! there are none... Definitely not behind the curtains..... Nope..... Just plain old explosives.... not even the good kind, yup ICBMs with blackpowder warheads....

Cogoria:
Wait... Ignore my mention of chemical weapons!! there are none... Definitely not behind the curtains..... Nope..... Just plain old explosives.... not even the good kind, yup ICBMs with blackpowder warheads....
Yeah, well, I have 'em and everyone knows about it, so yall better check yourself

Reasons for edits= For some reason I changed my pilot stuck in Pelhafor from Andreivich to Kuznetsov... so fixed that

You nuke cogoria, and you'll probably have no international support as the surviving population goes on a masse xodus/crusade of vengence to carve out a new non irradiated Cogoria from your lands XD

Nightsong:
Nebula... If Cogoria drops chemical weapons, I am blaming you as the instigator of the ensuing war.
but its not my fault
Kannex:
I have more than enough nukes for both Nebula and Cogoria, so...
bitch pls
Cogoria:
You nuke cogoria, and you'll probably have no international support as the surviving population goes on a masse xodus/crusade of vengence to carve out a new non irradiated Cogoria from your lands XD
can I help if there's anything left of me?

Cogoria:
Depends on how you'd get there, my population can walk to kannex, yours will have to swim or something XD
pack thousands of people onto whatever aircraft carriers we have left and prepare the march

But aslo... Where is this going? Did Kannex have an ideal ending or did he just say "screw it, I'm shooting some leftists" and pray for the best ((By the by, if it goes to war, I'm innt to winnit :p))

Cogoria... if you drop any kind of chemical weapon I can all but guarantee that international support from the Rose League will disappear and your entire government would be put on a war crimes watch-list and barred from receiving any form of aid from my nation's. Also, Nebula is on that list in spirit but that's just because he likes war, riling people up and threatening to nuke anyone who disagrees with him... :P

I said strategic Chemical weapons will only be retaliatory XD A slight deterrent against nuclear annihilation XD

Cogoria:
I said strategic Chemical weapons will only be retaliatory XD A slight deterrent against nuclear annihilation XD
Eh, a better deterrent would be to just shoot down said nuke and avoid the whole problem but I don't think many (if any) nations posses that capability...

Not really. Kannex has one of the larger populations among the nation's that RP and is also heavily armed with nukes (within reason though). Most of us just avoid poking the bear.

@Nebula... I'm so sorry but I think we have found someone more bloodthirsty than you are.

@Cogoria... and that type of thinking is what is getting everyone into this mess. But then again I can't expect much from a nation who refuses to acknowledge my nation's neutrality in the name of national interest...

What do you mean? I never threatened your country? XD And I'm only threatening blood thirsty actions cause people started on about nukes, And I mean to deter them from glassing Cogoria :p

Back