The Great War: OOC

Hmmm...

Nebula had been unable to produce weapons fast enough for the rebels. So they had sent shipments of molds for gun parts and large numbers of cheep steel, iron, and aluminum pans, in the hope that the rebels would figure it out.
However, the rebels still had significant stocks of metal and regular cooking pans. They put the molds to good use, but the pans sat unused until one enterprising soldier figured out a use for them...

It's amazing what a halfway decent imagination can come up with when under pressure from boredom.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about starting a fighting-pan store. Thoughts?

@Kannex: I'm waiting for someone else to post, because I don't wanna be the only one who posts for a change.

Oh, how the tables have turned. I just amped up the drama level on this RP by over 9000! :D

Anyway,

We've withdrawn our missiles from Shei Ren, but we maintain a small base there. Any attack would be a direct act of war.

So with the great story arc, I had placed special forces to be used for a later date. Originally it seemed the theme of the Rhuvish war was planned out, and now I'm not sure if that is the case.

The country was supposed to go communist and then later near the end of the arc an uprising overthrows the communist government. That was the plan I originally understood was to happen. Is that no longer the case?

That's what I thought was gonna happen. And something with pans.

*looks at Syrixia while reaching for a custom-made beryllium 22-inch diameter one-hand pan*

If it's directly Nebulan-held, we can't invade, but if it's government-held, (the rebels have become the government) we can have the rebels (the FR Rhuvanland has become the rebellion) invade.

Too late! North Cronaal has already arrived. You'll have to go through a sizeable fleet just to get close. And while you attack, troops on the island will be digging in and make it a lot more trouble than it's worth.

That's actually not true. Unless North Cronaal forces can teleport, the Kannexan forces have been near Shei Ren way before the North Cronaal forces made their way from Cronaal waters to the Syrixian Strait.

Unless Nebula can make an army in the blink of an eye, I'm very confused. The entire Cronaal miltiary was almost destroyed by the end of the Merconian stuff, they'd killed the last 1000 men of the army and the navy was destroyed near Rhuvanland for attacking it.

Kannex:
What's an alliance that exists nominally, but hardly works together because of the militarism of one member-state? The Rio Pact?
By treaty, Faibuaizu members give "material assistance" to any member at war with a non-member. As well, if Nebula proposed for us to join the war, and it passed, we would be required to join. ("Required" as in you can deny the action, but there are some consequences.) We didn't work together because we weren't ever asked to. Nebula's war-happy attitude has little to do with it.

The Democratic Union=The European Union

The North Pacific Treaty Organization=The United Nations

Helmebaine Alliance=North Atlantic Treaty Organization

The fact that the peace organization has a similar name to a RL military alliance makes me chuckle. Then again, it was only supposed to be a small peace council alliance called the Entente of Five (E5).

Darcania:
Kannex:
What's an alliance that exists nominally, but hardly works together because of the militarism of one member-state? The Rio Pact?
By treaty, Faibuaizu members give "material assistance" to any member at war with a non-member. As well, if Nebula proposed for us to join the war, and it passed, we would be required to join. ("Required" as in you can deny the action, but there are some consequences.) We didn't work together because we weren't ever asked to. Nebula's war-happy attitude has little to do with it.
But Nebula isn't actually at war. This makes the situation difficult.

Nebula:
Darcania:
Kannex:
But Nebula isn't actually at war. This makes the situation difficult.
Yes, the wording leaves room for loose compliance. As such, Guslantis is legally allowed to fight back against the Nebulan rebels because Nebula never declared war on Rhuvanland. At least, that's how Darcy explained it.

Back