Progressive Party

I sponsor Tim-Opolis. I sponsor FALCONKATS.

I still count 10 aye, 0 against, 0 abstain, 11 not voted on the final statement of the Sixth Congress (the Charter). (10:0:0:11)

I still count 2 sponsorships of 3 for Camwood (Hileville, Gulliver).
I still count 0 sponsorships of 3 for Tyler.
I still count 1 sponsorship of 3 for Prince Windsor (Hileville).
I count 1 sponsorship of 3 for Tim-Opolis (Eluvatar).
I count 1 sponsorship of 3 for FALCONKATS (Eluvatar).

I still count 10 aye, 0 against, 0 abstain, 11 not voted on the final statement of the Sixth Congress (the Charter). (10:0:0:11)

I count 2 sponsorships of 3 for Tim-Opolis (Eluvatar, mcmasterdonia).
I count 2 sponsorships of 3 for FALCONKATS (Eluvatar, mcmasterdonia).

Tim-Opolis and FALCONKATS have joined the party.

I count 11 aye, 0 against, 0 abstain, 12 not voted on the final statement of the Sixth Congress (the Charter). (11:0:0:12)

Tim-Opolis:
I vote Aye in relation to the proposed charter

I count 12 aye, 0 against, 0 abstain, 11 not voted on the final statement of the Sixth Congress (the Charter). (12:0:0:11)

The statement is passed by the Progressive Party and the Charter is now operative. We should let people continue to register their votes for the rest of this week for the record, I think.

That said, I ask for a Congress to elect the officers.

Belschaft:
Comrade Chairman, as Tyler has joined another party should he not be removed as a candidate for membership?

We have as of yet no rule against dual membership.

I second the call for a party Congress, and append a motion to expel Anur-Sanur from the party to the proposed business of said Congress.

For reference,
1. Eluvatar
2. Gulliver
3. Whamabama *
4. A Mean Old Man (AMOM) *
5. Haxstree *
6. Felasia
7. Grimalkin (Agamemnon) *
8. Blue Wolf II (Blue_Wolf)
9. Dyr Nasad (Dyr) *
10. Oliver *
11. Todd McCloud
12. Earth
13. Hileville
14. mcmasterdonia
15. Abbey Anumia (Abbey)
16. Finn
17. Gladio
18. KiwiTaicho
19. Oriole Electronics (OE)
20. Belschaft (Bel)
21. Kogvuron (ABK)
22. Tim-Opolis (Tim)
23. FALCONKATS *

I'd like to propose that considering whether or not membership in multiple parties should be permitted be part of the business of said congress.

Clarification; Does a topic have to be added to the business before hand to be discussed during the congress, or merely if we wish to vote on it?

In that case I'd like to add a motion to discuss drawing up a Party Manifesto, in the form of a resolution, for the coming elections.

I'd think that it is a given, something we definitely need. As for the party manifesto, It would be good if we could write something up regarding the elections. I think though, we should still keep it relatively vague. Typically there isn't always a crap load of candidates, and it could be the fact that two progressives face off against each other. If that's entirely on the same platform, it wouldn't be overly interesting :P

I would like to confirm that I am indeed still interested in membership, despite being short of a third sponsorship

The Seventh Congress of the Progressive Party will be held on Saturday August 18th at 0000 UTC. That is to say 2000 EDT on Friday August 17th. That is to say 0800 WAST on Saturday August 18th. That is to say 1300 NZDT on Saturday August 18th.

The agenda will be the election of a party Secretary, the election of a party Spokesperson, considering the expulsion of Haxstree, considering a resolution to prohibit membership in multiple parties, and drafting a party manifesto.

Due to the unscheduled election, I motion that candidate selection be added to the agenda of the Seventh Party Congress, in accordance with Article Five, Clause Three of the Party Charter.

Article 5: Selection of Candidates for Regional Elections
1. A week prior to any scheduled regional election, the selection of candidates to run in the election will begin. The first five days of this period will be allotted for the selection of potential candidates. After this, another two will be for voting on the final candidates.
2. The candidates to put forward will be selected and ordered by a Condorcet vote. Any ties will be broken in favor of the most senior member.
3. For any unscheduled regional election, the Party may select candidates by a majority vote of attendees of a Congress convoked for that purpose.

:agree: I also plan to run for re-election assuming I am nominated.

I will also be unable to attend on Saturday. I have a prior commitment I cannot avoid.

KiwiTaicho:
:agree: I also plan to run for re-election assuming I am nominated.

I will also be unable to attend on Saturday. I have a prior commitment I cannot avoid.
You don't need to be nominated.

Candidates so far:
  1. Eluvatar
  2. KiwiTaicho

I might as well throw my hat into the ring.

Candidates so far:
  1. Eluvatar
  2. KiwiTaicho
  3. McMasterdonia
  4. Tim
  5. Abbey Anumia
  6. Prince Windsor
  7. Belschaft

I accept the values of the Progressive Party of the North Pacific and I would like to join, with the nomination and support of whomever does so.

Back