Progressive Party

Do to Disagreements with the Party Leader and some of its Senior Members, I hereby Resign as a Member of the Progressive Party of the North Pacific Effective Immediately.

Gulliver:
It's on the relatively moderate end of the reformist spectrum, as opposed to the radical one.

I'd say more that we're more pragmatic, myself, but I'd probably be splitting hairs if I were to argue in depth about the difference between moderate and pragmatic <_<

KiwiTaicho:
I would like to join the fine fellows in the Progressive Party.

I will give the third sponsorship.

Welcome to the Progressive Party, KiwiTaicho!

I would like to seek sponsorship in entering the Progressive Party of the North Pacific

Gulliver:
It's on the relatively moderate end of the reformist spectrum, as opposed to the radical one.
Not entirely correct, but we at the reform party are looking at greater change, but no necessarily radical. What we are looking for is more simplicity in government structure and function. Efficiency with the least amount of intrusion of government is the goal.

Romanoffia:
Gulliver:
Not entirely correct, but we at the reform party are looking at greater change, but no necessarily radical. What we are looking for is more simplicity in government structure and function. Efficiency with the least amount of intrusion of government is the goal.
:agree:
As a former Progressive Party Member myself, I must say that this party is not always "Progressive".

peoples empire:
Romanoffia:
Gulliver:
:agree:
As a former Progressive Party Member myself, I must say that this party is not always "Progressive".
I'm sorry Peoples Empire, but when you were a member of the Progressive Party we didn't even have a party congress. I respect you as a citizen of tnp, a soldier and a candidate in the recent elections, but this comment is just absurd. Just because a few individuals disagree with your particular course of action or suggestion for change, does not mean that they are not progressive, or indeed that the party is not progressive.

You resigned from this party due to such disagreements - disagreements are a part of a political party, debate is what makes it come up with new ideas and reconsider old issues.

I should note that you were also not a party member for very long, and that i think you didn't have much time to really understand what this party is about or what we stand for.

I am not certain you can fully understand my differences since you are not me. However I greatly respect your views. I am also not opposed to Debates. Incidentally when I was referring to Senior members of the party I was not referring to you. I think you have done a great job for the region and your party to date. I was just expressing my views and was angered by the gross misinterpretation of the Reform Party's political Ideology. Which was done very arrogantly by one of The Progressive Party's senior party members(Gulliver).

I also sponsor Camwood.

peoples empire:
Changing things doesn't always mean progress. You can be progressive while disagreeing with others over whether certain reforms are necessary and helpful.

Romanoffia:
Not entirely correct, but we at the reform party are looking at greater change, but no necessarily radical.
It is more radical relative to the Progressive Party, which was what was being asked and why I included the world "relatively", even if it's not radical in absolute terms.

peoples empire:
Which was done very arrogantly by one of The Progressive Party's senior party members(Gulliver).
An opinion isn't automatically "arrogant" because you disagree with it. If that were the case I could accuse you of being arrogant for stating the the Progressive Party isn't always progressive.

The Progressive Party's definition of "progress" is a legislative wishlist for bookkeepers, it is neither 'pragmatic' nor sweeping. You can change the Constitution, you can change the wording of our laws; but the Party has even failed to deliver on the reduction of red-tape and bureaucracy as it's campaign promise disseminated and it's further failed to devise the real fundamental reason for the popular, political mantra for "change" in the North Pacific: our government has been more focused on changing the wording of laws here and there than re-establishing government services, increasing government transparency and openness, securing our rights, freedoms, privacy and unifying the military -- areas that affect all North Pacificans; *real* change that any resident of our great region can recognize.

You can call yourself "pragmatic", but there is nothing pragmatic about dancing around your mandate for serious reform to resolve the less pressing issues instead of bringing about the change that voters wanted. I can confidently say that there is one pragmatic political party in the North Pacific and it's the government-in-waiting.

This random political attack was brought to you by The Reform Party of The North Pacific.

The Reform Party, because words are easier spoken than deeds done.

Unibot:
Our government has been more focused on changing the wording of laws here and there than re-establishing government services, increasing government transparency and openness, securing our rights, freedoms, privacy and unifying the military -- areas that affect all North Pacificans; *real* change that any resident of our great region can recognize.

Um. What? You are a member of this government, decisions taken by the cabinet are voted on by all of its members, it is a bipartisan process, that includes you. I believe that if any government has put the work into the things you list above, it would be the government led by our Delegate Eluvatar.

He has been the leader of a government that has made some serious reforms and will continue to keep working for a better tnp. Including government transparency, and unifying the military.

I notice that for one thing, you suggest that our changes only increase bureacracy and red tape.

1: Gulliver has done an excellent job in cutting down the length of our constitution, and making the necessary changes to the legal code to improve our governments system. He has consulted with others, and taken on board the changes the people want to see.

2: It is quite different to complain endlessly about the need for change, and actually making those changes in practice. The changes that the Government has made have been realistic and necessary changes that have had the support of the people.

Blue Wolf II:
This random political attack was brought to you by The Reform Party of The North Pacific.

The Reform Party, because words are easier spoken than deeds done.
Now, now. That wasn't nice at all. :P

It's not a political attack, it's a commentary.

The problem is that the Progressive Party, as a whole, hasn't made very much progress. In fact, certain things have become even more convoluted and complex. But that state of affairs is just they way things tend to go anyway and is just part and parcel of the way things work. It's nobody's fault.

The Reform Party holds that the greater the amount of control one attempts to exert, the greater the resulting chaos. And the more laws you have, the more criminals you have, and, the more chaos you have to contend with.

The result is that the forum becomes the government, per se, and hence the only people who populate the forum for the most part are the government. This evolves into a situation where we end up all Chiefs and no Indians, so to speak. I, for one, believe in allowing society and culture to govern itself and that the government is there to serve the people, not the other way around. What is happens is that all governments eventually evolve into a state in which the people are a function of the state and not the other way around.

We have also got bogged down in procedure (take the courts, for instance). We have managed to give a living, breathing body to the spirit of the HMS Pinafore. :P

And, as a result, the government and forum administration has become an end unto itself as opposed to being a tool to accomplish a fairly simple task.

Back