Progressive Party

#osiris:
14:51 <+Eluvatar> Oliver: do you have a TNP nation?
14:52 <@Oliver> I believe no, at present
14:53 <+Eluvatar> Do you mind if I remove you from TNP's ProP for having no known TNP nation?
14:53 <@Oliver> Nope
14:54 <+Eluvatar> May I post this exchange on TNP's forum?
14:54 <@Oliver> lol yes.
14:54 <+Eluvatar> thank you :)
14:54 <@Oliver> np

[me]
TNP Nation: Dockport

Expel Haxstree: Abstain
Total: 6:1:3

Ban Multi-party Membership: Aye
Total: 8:1:0

Assuming Camwood did indeed intend to vote Abstain, the totals should be:

Expel Haxstree: 8:1:4

Ban Multi-party Membership: 12:1:0

As a note, Tim also erred in his tabulation.

[me]shakes his head... 'I am saddened by these votes!'

[me]
TNP Nation: Oriole Electronics

Expel Haxstree: < Nay > <--- If I remember correctly, this happened before we were allies with where the crime was committed and is therefore ex post facto and not right.
Total: 8:2:4

Ban Multi-party Membership: < Nay > <--- Or we could do what I proposed: Allow multiple party membership but have those of multiple parties identify publicly which party they will be participating with for the primaries.
Total: 12:2:0

Having closed the primary we see the results:

1. Eluvatar (Condorcet winner: wins contests with all other choices)
2. McMasterdonia loses to Eluvatar by 8–4
3. KiwiTaicho loses to Eluvatar by 10–2, loses to McMasterdonia by 10–2
4. Tied:
- Kingborough loses to Eluvatar by 10–2, loses to KiwiTaicho by 7–4
- Tim loses to Eluvatar by 9–3, loses to KiwiTaicho by 6–5
6. Prince Windsor loses to Eluvatar by 11–1, loses to Kingborough by 10–2

The charter says "Any ties will be broken in favor of the most senior member."

Therefore, our endorsed party list for the Council of Five elections is:

1. Eluvatar
2. McMasterdonia
3. KiwiTaicho
4. Tim
5. Kingborough

Change your votes everyone! Support my proposal! It is the best option because it is a compromise to the two extremes and still allows people their liberties!

As much as I would want to support it for the lulz of being part if the RegP and Flems party, I can't.

The larger party could easily then go sabotage the primary of a smaller party, since they would not need to have all of their members at their own Primary. And no matter how much I love messing with other people, I can't support doing that.

Ex. The ProP and the Reform hold Primaries and ProP has members that belong to both parties. ProP pulls a sabotage of the Reform Primaries and nominated some candidate that has no chance of victory.

KiwiTaicho:
Is the party going to nominate members for the primary election also?

And I stand by my vote.
I do believe we are doing Delegate and Vice-Delegate Nominations as well.

Charter:
1. A week prior to any scheduled regional election, the selection of candidates to run in the election will begin. The first five days of this period will be allotted for the selection of potential candidates. After this, another two will be for voting on the final candidates.

They begin on Saturday.

Is there need for this? I believed it was just our party approved list, and that we would impose no sanctions on extra members running.

I mainly want to clarify whether the party logo should be used/shown next to their blurb, or whether they are running as an independent (whilst remaining in the party).

Back