Ceremony Night!

*Yanks bottle away before it is guzzled away*
*Pats the Gasp kid on back and stumbles out the words of congrats on your 2 awards and then giggles about another time and place only known to self*

Right on! Now, some of the most useful features of a forum are the user signatures. They can be full of useful links and information that will provide a forum newcomer with whatever they need....or they can be filled with pictures or quotes for our own individual amusement. The following award goes to someone whose signature falls firmly in to the latter category, but that doesn't make it any less magnificent. Therefore, I am proud to announce that the award for Best Signature goes to......

signaturezl3.gif

Chapstickisfun!

Well done! And now for the next award!
:winner: Thank you so much!!! That rocks my socks off. I beat OPA!! muaha..Congratulations to everyone else who won as well!

Thanks Hers.

Now, the oft neglected gateway to these forums is the Regional Message Board. This is usually covered with adverts, spam, or new players wondering what to do next. But sometimes, throughout the nonsense and mindless babble, the citizens of this region can make their voices be heard....and when they do, it's usually freaking hilarious. These comments have to be something else to stand out on the regional message board, so the award for the Funniest RMB Post goes to.....
ATOR PEOPLE!
Congratulations, AP. Back to you, Hersfold.
Ok, people. Now, in TNP, there has been a long tradition of defending. Whether it has been due to usurptions at home, or from raids abroad in founderless regions, The North Pacific Army has been there to give help to those who have been attacked. This aspect of GamePlay has always been difficult, and therefore it is the rare player who goes beyond the call of duty and shows great initiative and ability in such arenas of combat. Therefore, the NPA Commendation of Valor goes to....

(Lieutenant General) Ator People!

Now, the most sought after award of the evening is up next!

Thank you for both the awards! I am honored to recieve the NPA Commendation of Valor, and to be honest I didn't even know I was nominated for funniest RMB post! Thanks to all the judges and presenters, and everyone who nominated me. :D

*Dalimbar finally wanders into the ceremonies, after waiting several hours for his flight to even start due to fierce winter storms across the region. Dalimbar looks around, applauds the winners so far, and goes get a glass of vodka.*

In recognition of his lengthy and devoted service to The North Pacific as an Associate Justice and then as Chief Justice of the Court of The North Pacific; in further recognition of his work that gave us the Bank of The North Pacific and as a member of the Security Council; and in recognition of his daily contributions to the strength of our region as a secure place of democratic freedom, the Prime Minister’s Award for Diligence is presented to Byardkuria!

Wow, trust me not to show up for the ceremony where I get something like this.

I would never have guessed that I was even up for such an award, and yet here it is. I would like to thank a few people, though, if I may, in roughly chronological order -

Baribeau, Stars of Sky, Pixiedance (the Moldavi years), Ermarian, Sincroferbistan, Mr. Gaunt, GVF, St. Twomove the Benevolent, Flemingovia, Hersfold, Grosseschnauzer, GBM, Romanoffia, Tresville, Pope Hope, Biyah, Thyatira, Jean Reno, Shoeless Joe, Poltsamaa!!, Democratic Donkeys, Fedele, Blue Wolf, and anyone else that I have forgotten, who has helped me, or whom I have tried to help - you may never read this message, but thank you for pushing me in the right direction by your example and counsel. Each of you have contributed to making this the greatest community I have ever had an opportunity to be a part of, and I owe you more than you'll ever know. Thank you!
(music starts to swell for commercial break)

In recognition of his devoted service as a long-time defender of The North Pacific and to the region’s commitment to democracy and freedom; including his work as a founder of the militaty and intellgence services of The North Pacific, and as a representative of those patriots who served our region through the eras of both Great Bight and of Pixiedance, and who have continued to be patriots of The North Pacific to this day, the Prime Minister’s Award for Inspiration is presented to Nem!

*RL is hectic - especially around Christmas

It's hard to see myself as inspirational and I really have to thank those who helped me out, Ananke, Tresville, Thel, DD. There are times I come here and think the fossils are older than I am and I have seen so much change, not only in the events but in who has gone. I think though that I would like to dedicate this to those who inspired me - Nastic, Twoslit (he is the one who gave me the opportunity to get involved, I may not have always agreed with him but he was a mentor of sorts) and most importantly one who was a beacon to all in the NP during her short reign this is for Magicality - God Bless wherever you are.

Thank-you

Thank you ever so much for giving me the Favorite Member award. It is such an honor to be so well thought of. For that, I am truly grateful.

Congratulations to all the winners. Everyone, in his own way has contributed to making TNP as grand as it is. :clap:

Byard's and Nem's words made me think about how many times we've heard someone say, "It's just a game." It may be, but it's all about the players and the unique talents, diverse perspectives and engaging wit you all bring here. You are what make TNP someplace special.

*cues the band*

I was in another lifetime one of toil and blood
When blackness was a virtue and the road was full of mud
I came in from the wilderness a creature void of form
"Come in" she said
"I'll give you shelter from the storm".

And if I pass this way again you can rest assured
I'll always do my best for her on that I give my word
In a world of steel-eyed death and men who are fighting to be warm
"Come in" she said

Not a word was spoke between us there was little risk involved
Everything up to that point had been left unresolved
Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm
"Come in" she said

Congratulations to everyone. Those who presented brought many smiles and warm fuzzy feelings. You are great.

Not all members of this forum belong to The North Pacific. On the contrary, quite a lot of them are diplomats, ambassadors, or simply visitors from other regions. Our next award honors one that we all know and love. Hailing from the region of Canada, this person has been a bright spark in our region for some time now, bringing a light of happiness into whatever discussion she's in. Without a doubt, this year's Favorite Diplomat can be nobody other than...

favdiplojk9.gif

King Girl!

Congratulations, King Girl! We hope you'll stay around for a long time to come. :D

Back to you, Cakatoa!
Wow, Wow, Wow. Thank you TNP and all of you that I have come to enjoy so much! What a great honor and awesome ceremony. You all, as always, rock my world!!!!

Thank you! Feel free to stop by my office for some thank you beer and doughnuts imported from my homeland of Canada and other assorted goodies.

*hugs everyone within reaching distance*

*VZ, struck in disbelief*

Congratulations to all of you! The winners, and the losers....

It's quite cool that you have something like that in TNP!!

But now, what is the best: all this celebration was on a special day, not only for TNP, but for me, also....as the 18th of december is my birthday! My own, personal, RL birthday!

Great! Awesome! Radical! Far-out!

P.S.: @ Ator: I'd really like to see this "funniest rmb post" one day!

Back