Ceremony Night!

well its been an honor, guys and congrats to all of you, but i gotta get out of here! Seeya! *attempts to sneak out of the building but gets caught by security*

When our region is having one of our usual "debates" - you know, the kind that tend to turn into shouting contests before there's more than a page of posts - it's always good to have a voice of reason standing by to keep tempers down and spirits high. TNP is rather short on such persons, especially once this particular award winner left NationStates for greener, or perhaps quieter, pastures. There are a lot who miss his witty posts, his sarcastic sense of logic. We owe many thanks to the winner of the award for Most Intelligent Poster...

intelligentvz9.gif

Fedele

Hail Fedele! Congratulations, now get back in the game! :lol:

Our next award in just a minute....

woo! hooray for Fedele!

Scar is going to be so mad at him

So while some members of our forum seek the higher intellectual ground when they post, there are some others who simply seek any ground at all to increase their post count. That's not to say they lack intelligence of their own - on the contrary, it takes a great deal of skill and knowledge to be able to spam and amuse the masses to the degree this person does. She's TNP's first, and until just very recently, only person with more than $100,000 TNP dollars, with a post count of over 17,000 - that's right, winning yet another award for Most Addicted to Spam is....

spammymd6.gif

IndieGirl!!!

Congratulations once again, IG!

Now back to Cak...

Thanks for that, Hershey.

Now, this award can sometimes be taken out of context...it is clearly a humorous award and should be treated as such. However, that does not make its awarding any less of an honour. In NationStates...there are players who dominate others with ruthlessness, efficiency, propaganda, and quite often witty repartee. Their ego holds no bounds, nor does any obstacle present any boundaries. Therefore, it is with great honour that I present the award for Favorite Tyrant to possibly the most undeniablly tyrannical player in the game....

favtyrantkv8.gif

GRACIUS MAXIMUS!
Thank God Krull didn't get it, he's been sending me sinister things in the mail for weeks*. :lol: Now onto the next award!

[size=-2]*Disclaimer: This probably didn't happen[/size]

I knew I shouldn't have called you "Cak".... but it rhymed so well... :duh: :lol:

As TNP has grown and changed throughout the years, we've had our moments... and then we've had our moments. Our next two awards commemorate the best of both kinds, a time when we should have quite frankly been somewhat ashamed of ourselves, and another when we triumphed over great odds to create a memory nobody will forget. But we save the best for last - first off, the Most Embarrassing Moment over the past year. Surprisingly enough, we didn't get many nominations for this, although maybe that's a good thing. There was the Limitless Events Affair, when our Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs fooled everyone as he turned traitor to our region, and the Prime Minister took drastic action to put a stop to the treachery. Then just two weeks ago, Gaspo nominated Limitless Events for every award possible, an action thought by many members to be in rather bad sport. But the nominations stood, and Limitless ended up being nominated for a total of five awards, more than any other person in this year's ceremony. So between the two, which event did the judges feel was our time to hang our heads in shame?

To be honest, it was a dead tie between our four voting judges, but thanks to one of our tie-breaker judges, Erastide, the region's Most Embarrassing Moment was indeed...

embarassingai0.gif

Gaspo's Limitless-Related Nominations!

By the way, sorry if I'm going to fast, but in the interest of keeping to both presenter's RL schedules, we need to hurry things along a bit...

Anyway, long before that event took place, we had more memorable ones - times when we all bonded together for one reason or another, or times when we seriously messed up and remembered the event for all the other reasons. One way or another, history is constantly writing itself, and the history of TNP is a long and complex one. In the past year, three events stood out amongst the rest. Oddly enough, we've already heard about two of them, having been nominated for both Most Embarrassing and Most Memorable... but our third event took place long before either of those. When The Twoslit Experiment, one-time Delegate of The North Pacific and long-standing forum administrator, returned to NationStates, he brought with him a strictness of the rules that none of us had expected before, a strictness that some say is rivaled only by my own (sorry). After a great deal of tension between the government, moderators, and the newly reinstated Root Admin, the Regional Assembly voted almost unanimously to move forums and start anew here on Server 13, which has capably served as our home for a total of 1 year and 12 days. For a short time in our history, we were able to band together just long enough to make something truly remarkable happen. And sure enough, when our judges voted, it was determined fairly quickly that The North Pacific's Most Memorable Moment of the past year was indeed...

momentxk9.gif

The Forum Move!

*Hersfold hands the microphone to Cakatoa as he starts looking for some way to stick the medal up on the forum somewhere...

*Gaspo stumbles up onto the stage

Oh I'm so honored, there's so many people I have to thank, Max Barry of course, as he's my substitute for God...

Oooh, thanks Limi!

*Gaspo takes a swig, downing a good bit of the bottle, then tumbles off the stage and into the orchestra pit

Right, moving right along....

The next award is actually one of my personal favourites. There are thousands of posts made every day on this board, whether they be related to OOC, real life discussions, RA related happenings, or just general banter. Therefore, it is common for really excellent posts and quotes to appear on these boards. What is not so common is for incredibly memorable ones to pop up. So, it is therefore a pleasure and a privilege to award Best Quote to....

bestquoteek9.gif

GASPO!

*Cakatoa watches Gasp stumble back on stage again, and present him with the award.

Incidentally, here is the winning quote:
Gaspo in the 'Where is JAL?' thread:
Ruth Bader-Ginsburg does NOT count as MILF.

Onwards!

*Hersfold watches as the gleeful Gaspo collapses onto the Orchestra again, now with two medals...

With a forum of this size, there are new topics being posted every day, but it's not very often we read one that sticks in our minds as some have. Every now and then, a topic is posted that drives its meaning so deeply into our consciousness that we cannot help but be moved by it. These topic are rare indeed, but our next award goes to one of them. Tired of The North Pacific's constant strife, one of our members decided to leave and head off on his own. In his resignation, he told us exactly why he was leaving, in a speech that I'm quite sure has affected all, if not, a good many, of us. His resignation showed us all why we need people just like him - people who can speak their minds in the most truthful way possible. Truly, this year's Best Topic could be nothing other than...

besttopicvw4.gif

Heft's Resignation

Congratulations, Heft. Now to our next awards, the ones everyone's really looking forward to...

*Gaspo crawls up on stage, snatches the award, and struggles to his feet

I'm honored, thank you. All I have to say is... practice safe sex! Oh, and JAL is ugly and has no life. Also he'll never get laid.

*Gaspo collapses again, this time rolling off the stage via the steps on the left side

Not all members of this forum belong to The North Pacific. On the contrary, quite a lot of them are diplomats, ambassadors, or simply visitors from other regions. Our next award honors one that we all know and love. Hailing from the region of Canada, this person has been a bright spark in our region for some time now, bringing a light of happiness into whatever discussion she's in. Without a doubt, this year's Favorite Diplomat can be nobody other than...

favdiplojk9.gif

King Girl!

Congratulations, King Girl! We hope you'll stay around for a long time to come. :D

Back to you, Cakatoa!

*stumbles in from a hard days ride to find a spot in the corner of room noticing that all spots are full and puts on reading glasses so Bozo boy can catch up with earlier stuff*

Ok, people. Now, in TNP, there has been a long tradition of defending. Whether it has been due to usurptions at home, or from raids abroad in founderless regions, The North Pacific Army has been there to give help to those who have been attacked. This aspect of GamePlay has always been difficult, and therefore it is the rare player who goes beyond the call of duty and shows great initiative and ability in such arenas of combat. Therefore, the NPA Commendation of Valor goes to....

honortt2.gif

(Lieutenant General) Ator People!

Now, the most sought after award of the evening is up next!

Congratulations, Ator. I served as General under you when you were MoD. It's good to know you're still around and fighting.

Now....the next award goes to someone who has been around for these long long years and led many a Man's soul to waste and has become the epitome of what a participant in this region should be. The competition was considerable, but one player prevailed. One has proven themselves to be loyal to what this region stands for, and what it can become. Therefore, I am proud to present, one of the most prestigious awards in this ceremony, the award for Favorite TNP Member goes to.....

favtnpercj7.gif

GREAT BIGHT'S MUM!

Congratulations! :jack: Now, back to you to, Hersfold

Congrats, GBM!

Our final nomination award tonight is one of great standing. There are many among us who have done much for their region, but only a few who have shown the highest degree of dedication to The North Pacific. The following people were nominated by all of you to be given The North Pacific Award of Honor, the highest commendation issued by the judges of this ceremony. Our nominees are:
  • Former English Colony, Past Delegate, Current Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs.
  • Thel D'Ran, Regional Cartographer, Designer of many of the region's graphics, including the awards for all three TNPAC ceremonies.
  • Hersfold, Forum Administrator and Past Prime Minister
  • Grosseschnauzer, Past Chief Justice, Current Prime Minister and architect of our Constitution
  • Unterwasserseestaat, Dedicated Vice Delegate for several terms, and among the longest residents of The North Pacific.
  • Poltsamaa, Past Prime Minister and Political Activist
  • Great Bights Mum, Current Delegate and Friendly Pirate
One of these members was found by our judges to have exemplified the highest dedication to our region, deserving of this great honor. Please join me in congratulating the awards's recipient...

*Hersfold opens the envelope

The North Pacific Award of Honor goes to...

honortt2.gif

Thel D'Ran! Congratulations!

(thunderous applause)

And for our final four awards, I present to you the Prime Minister of The North Pacific, the Honorable Grosseschnauzer.

(Schnauzer, take your time, I have to get to the post office then drive home again, and I really can't afford to be speeding. ;))

Back