Ceremony Night!

I did what? I got what? What M I? to know. Me funny you all have had to much to drink. I am a Newcomer that is what? Favorite Jester? You all have got to be kidding me. Ok Ok Slurps on huge bottle of Crown Royal and goes off looking for M P to share with and offers swigs to all other winners and Participents of this Gala Event. :winner:

Congratulations to all of the winners already announced this evening!

It is now time to continue a tradition started at the last Awards Ceremony months and months ago -- The Prime Minister's Awards.

Stumbles around looking for his finnally apointed Deputy to discuss some report about this HUGH event in entertainment and stumbles over Gaspo of all people and pours some Crown down his thoat and wispers some insane joke in his ear about awards.

There have been three awards, which we'll continue tonight. Then there will be a presentation of a special recognition.

First, The Prime Minister’s Award for Diligence.

diligencesq0.gif

In recognition of his lengthy and devoted service to The North Pacific as an Associate Justice and then as Chief Justice of the Court of The North Pacific; in further recognition of his work that gave us the Bank of The North Pacific and as a member of the Security Council; and in recognition of his daily contributions to the strength of our region as a secure place of democratic freedom, the Prime Minister’s Award for Diligence is presented to Byardkuria!

Congrats to Thel, and congrats to Byard!

Now, I have to go before my phone bill becomes humongous! It has truly been a pleasure, People!

*Cakatoa vanishes in a puff of smoke. :ADN:

Thorough skeptics may assume I have prior knowledge of the recipients before the ceremony starts. I do not (but I have never been a skeptic).

I happily accept my award in the name (and with thanks to everyone) who helped me accomplish what I've done in NS. It's a bit of a long list.

Second is The Prime Minister’s Award for Inspiration:

inspirationnv5.gif

In recognition of his devoted service as a long-time defender of The North Pacific and to the region’s commitment to democracy and freedom; including his work as a founder of the militaty and intellgence services of The North Pacific, and as a representative of those patriots who served our region through the eras of both Great Bight and of Pixiedance, and who have continued to be patriots of The North Pacific to this day, the Prime Minister’s Award for Inspiration is presented to Nem!

My third presentation tonight is The Prime Minister’s Award for Meritorious Conduct:

meritzi7.gif

In recognition of his exemplary service of as Delegate and a twice-elected Prime Minister of The North Pacific; in recognition of his swift and necessary response to a betrayal of The North Pacific in a moment of crisis; in recognition of his willingness to sacrifice himself to protect our constitutional democracy; and in recognition of his many accomplishments to our region and the high standards to which he holds others as well as to himself, the Prime Minister’s Award for Meritorious Conduct is presented to Flemingovia!

Finally, there needs to be a way to recognize the achievements of those who have left the game, likely never to return. I annouce a new award tonight. It is not my intent that this award be presented every year, but only when a player has departed with a notable career of lifetime achivement in The North Pacific.

lifetimeeh8.gif

(and you are the only one who knows who gets this one)

When there was a need to fight an oppressive government and to lead the resistance, he founded the Underground.
When there was a need to have a process of reconciliation, he led the way to a Constitutional Convention.
He was a cofiunder of both the North Pacific Army and the North Pacific Intelligence Agency, both of which better enabled The North Pacific to protect itself.
He served this region as Vice Delegate, as a member of the Security Council, and being the only person to have been elected three times as Prime Minister -- although he departed the game after his most recent election and before taking office.
His presence among us has been, and will continue to be missed.
For all of these things, and more, I bestow upon our departed friend, the Prime Minister’s Award for Lifetime Achievement to Tresville!

Thank you, Prime Minister!

*Hersfold leads a second round of applause.

Before we close for tonight, I'd like to make a few final recognitions.

First off, congratulations to all the recipients! It's hard sometimes to offer congrats during the ceremony due to all the hustle and bustle, but you all have deserved each of your awards! Well done!

Next, many thanks go to everyone who helped out with the ceremony! Our judges, first of all, for offering their time to cast their deciding votes - Flemingovia and Erastide, our impromptu tie-breakers who got recruited on IRC last night when I hadn't heard from DD - Cakatoa for a job well done presenting on a tight RL schedule - Gaspo for his valiant attempts to try to attend, foiled at the last minute do to RL - Grosseschnauzer for his willingness to present his four prestigous awards himself - and of course, Award of Honor Recipient Thel D'Ran for another year's worth of beautiful awards, the last ones of which came in just under an hour ago. Thank you all for your hard work.

And finally, thanks to all of you! It's a great joy running these ceremonies, and I'm glad we were able to put one together at such short notice. Your nominations and enthusiasm about the whole event is what made this possible and wholly worthwhile. Thank you all a thousand times.

So now, with all the awards gone, it is time for us to bring the ceremony to a close. Congratulations once again to everyone, and most importantly...

Merry Christmas!!!

(Is it actually snowing??

Back