Ceremony Night!

Hersfold

TNPer
Here we go... just a few things to check on before we begin.

Let's see... venue...
uploads%5Cimages%5Cphotos_images%5Cfullsize%5Cballroom.jpg

Check!

Presenters... short a couple... one we can manage, two's not overly good...

Awards... enough to be getting on with.

Ok, we're ready to go once Cakatoa shows up!

And of course, now my emergency has resolved itself just as the Ceremony is starting, but I've already had to step down from presenting. Bah! Ah well, it shall be a good show regardless.

*Gaspo takes a seat in the back corner

yay! i better start preparing my award speech! Hmm...well first i'd like to thank Gaspo for nominating me, and i'd also like to thank my sister for her countless attempts to ban me from this game and fail!
How does it sound so far? :P

Welcome, one and all, to the Third Annual North Pacific Awards Ceremony!

We've got a great event scheduled for you this afternoon, thanks in large part to the members of this forum, that's right, you! Without your input and enthusiasm, we would not have been able to hold this ceremony today.

Unfortunately, one of our presenters was unable to make it due to a last minute schedule change - so it may seem as though I'm taking a large number of the awards, but believe me, I'd much rather not have to talk so much. Don't worry, though, the ceremony will still go on as planned.

Now, I won't hold the excitement up with long speeches - Let's get this show on the road!

*Cakatoa walks in, adjusting his tiw.

"Well, what are you all standing around for? Haven't you heard pf being fashionably late?"

*Cakatoa saunters up to the stage and gets ready for the ceremony to begin.

Our first award today is for the forum's Funniest Poster. After a long, hard day of bickering with each other over the region's politics, the other region's politics, why we're bickering over politics in the first place, and so forth, it's really great to head to the OOC forums and relax a bit. This person has made relaxing much easier in the past few months, enough for him to be elected to the most entertaining government office within a few short months of his arrival - that's right, our first award, the award for Funniest Poster, goes to....

funniestsn8.gif

Mental Imagination!

Congratulations, MI! Now for our next award, on to the founder of The North Pacific Awards Ceremonies, Cakatoa!

Correction to the above statement:

One of our presenters actually was able to make it after all, but due to an unforeseen emergency was not prepared for the ceremony, and at this point it's easier to do it without him anyway.

*Hersfold pokes Gaspo in the head. :P

Thanks Hers.

Now, the oft neglected gateway to these forums is the Regional Message Board. This is usually covered with adverts, spam, or new players wondering what to do next. But sometimes, throughout the nonsense and mindless babble, the citizens of this region can make their voices be heard....and when they do, it's usually freaking hilarious. These comments have to be something else to stand out on the regional message board, so the award for the Funniest RMB Post goes to.....

rmbposttk4.gif

ATOR PEOPLE!
Congratulations, AP. Back to you, Hersfold.

Congratulations!

*Gaspo coughs, then sits back down, reaching for a tissue and blowing his nose

Damn cold...

With The North Pacific being a feeder region, we're home to a large number of new nations, placed randomly in our midst each day when they are founded. Every now and then, we have the chance to meet some of these new nations on our forums - the lucky few who see the light and register before moving on. If we're lucky, they continue to see the light and stick with us instead of moving on. One such member did just this, and has been a wonderful contribution to our forums. We've already seen him once today, so greet him again - the award for Favorite Newcomer goes to....

newcomerup5.gif

Mental Imagination

A job well done, once again! Our next award in just a moment!

Two for MI already! Congratulations to him!

*Gaspo applauds, then coughs and wheezes after shoutin

*gets up out of seat, in a rage* What!? I swear that award was in my grasp! then at the last second its was snatched! Snatched! *gets on to knees and has a mental breakdown* :P

psst, Gaspo... don't overdo it.

Ahem. Now, ah, the next award:

Another lively part of our region is of course the IRC channel. #tnp on esper.net is a place for any TNPer, and quite a number of non-TNPers, to hang out, talk, and discuss the various meanings of life and other such high philosophical topics.

*Hersfold waits for the laughter to die down...

Ok, so the conversations aren't usually quite that intelligent. But there is one member who will generally bring a bright spark to any conversation going on, that everyone seems to enjoy having in the channel. He's here tonight as a special guest, and he won't be leaving empty handed - the award for Favorite IRC Member belongs to ...

favircerhf2.gif

Limitless Events

Congratulations, Limi. Now back to Cakatoa for our next award...

*Gaspo leaps to his feet and charges up on stage

YAY LIMI!

*Gaspo produces a bottle of champgagne and sprays down the award winner from head to toe

o/

Sorry, Vinceborg, it was a very close vote. We're glad you were able to come, though - stick around for the rest, should be good.

*Hersfold narrowly avoids being soaked in the fallout from Limi's champagne dousing

*while getting dragged out from security due to the mental breakdown, starts to applaud* Congrats!!

Woo! an award!
*quickly hides in a place far from Dali*

uh oh gaspo! you know how much that person payed for their outfit! I'd start runnin' if i was you! haha *takes seat in crowd after escaping from security*

uh oh gaspo! you know how much that person payed for their outfit! I'd start runnin' if i was you! haha *takes seat in crowd after escaping from security*
bah! I could never really wear a fancy suit :P

haha, i know this is a little off topic, but whats the meaning of that " Money " think on the bottom of each persons, username?

It's an economy thing we tried for a while, but I think the idea sort of fizzled out. You get $10 per post, unless you spend it like I did. I can tell you more about it later.

Right on! Now, some of the most useful features of a forum are the user signatures. They can be full of useful links and information that will provide a forum newcomer with whatever they need....or they can be filled with pictures or quotes for our own individual amusement. The following award goes to someone whose signature falls firmly in to the latter category, but that doesn't make it any less magnificent. Therefore, I am proud to announce that the award for Best Signature goes to......

signaturezl3.gif

Chapstickisfun!

Well done! And now for the next award!

Back