TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
Max Barry:
Thu, 06 Apr 2006

Change, it's a-comin'

by Max Barry

Shortly we'll be unveiling a significant change in the way regional UN Delegates wield power. This will primarily affect the invasion game--that is, the practice of storming other people's regions to capture the Delegateship, or defending regions against such attacks. Stay tuned for more details!

Just in case y'all haven't seen. ;) It's gonna be such fun! :w00t:

They're getting rid of delegates!
They're taking the ability to ban away!
They're making griefing legal!
They're changing the color scheme on the regional control screen!

One of those little people from AND or whatever it is said they thought it might be something that makes participation in the invader/defender aspect of the game "optional" (even though it isn't mandatory to begin with...). I think that would be terrible for the political simulation aspect of this game.

Without conflict, politicians are obsolete.

By request:

They're only allowing female delegates!
Your population must not be below 1 billion to be delegate!
Sirocco will become everyone's delegate!
Delegates will be allowed to edit their region's page!
They're just jealous because LWU is more powerful than they are!

:rofl:
Female Delegates only would be AWESOME. An addendum to that would be the requirement of at least one line of pink or purple in all WFE. :yes:

Delegates will be allowed to edit their region's page!
Ummmmmm.... what do you mean by this? Given most delegates can....

Some Madeup Forum:
April 6th

As you've found the uber secret forum we'll now tell you the way delegacies are changing.

It's been much too stable in the feeder regions.  To remedy that, the nation with the LOWEST endorsement count will be the new delegate.  As there are several nations that are at 1 and 0 endorsements, we will rotate the delegacies every week.
:huh:

Without conflict, politicians are obsolete. Seeing as NationStates is a political simulation, that could be very bad for the game.

It says it'll change the fenda/vader scheme. This has no effect on me much. I can hardly find time to defend. I bet it's like the UN Delegate can edit the messages on the RMB or something like that. Nothing the founder can't do, probably, so they may change founding powers.

Actually, what would be really cool is if they permitted players to have at least one or two "army nations" - that is a puppet, automatically generated for a UN nation, that could endorse a delegate.

The question is, will these changes come before or after the launch of NS2*.

*which, if I recall, is due for late 2004.

Siro Blog:
26 January 2006
Invasion Rules Revision
All the mods (and admins o' course) have started work on trying to set up a better way of managing invasions, i.e. making sure that it's the game that stops griefing and not us. So expect to see some big changes on the invading/defending/watching-the-battle-at-your borders-with-a-big-box-of-popcorn front in the future, and a totally radical new way of playing the game through such 'wars'. There'll be some substantial changes to regional management too, which should be interesting.

Nothing's been decided yet, so don't think there's been any rule changes. You can still get deleted for kicking out everyone in the region (if you're a delegate), so mind you keep on the right side of things. So far have come up with a number of intriguing, and, haha, secret ideas which I may expand on later if we decide to go with them. I'll tell you more when I can!

Rep Blog:
Spring is in the air... Or maybe that's just change?
Spring is coming, the hillsides are falling because of sudden storms, and invaders and defenders from all regions are on pins and needles with breathless anticipation of the changes being foreshadowed on Nationstates.

Or maybe that's just the moderators heaving a pre-emptive sigh of relief from the knowledge that we'll no longer have to try and navigate those murky grey waters of the invasion rules?

Some hints, as I'd like to delude myself into thinking people actually read this modblog...

It should eliminate ALL the grey areas of invasion rules as we know it that seem to always piss off certain Nationstates player organizations.

It shouldn't affect the Warzones at all. For those who will likely wish to engage in more "traditional" or even "oldskool" invading/defending.

The mods will probably start placing bets in the OMG SEKRIT FORUM on how long until the first complaints are raised by invaders/defenders who don't like the change simply because it IS a change.

Traditional invasion/defense tactics will need to be rethought, and new tactics developed. Hopefully adding a bit more depth to the invasion game.

Salusa, Pythagosaurus, [violet], and lo, even Max Barry himself are going over the finishing touches as we speak.

*Blue Wolf crosses himself

WAIT! Perhaps they are getting rid of permanent bans! Like the warzones, finally giving raiders "legal" latitude, and frankly, I would rather my bans not last forever than get deleted for not un-banning a native.

It took the mods two years to realise that a change was needed? :blink:

They really do have the right to patronise invaders and defenders, with their lightning wit.

Not knowing what the changes entail I cannot comment other than to say I agree with DD!! Too little too late!!

*Nero fiddles as Rome burns, then as the last building burns to the ground he throws down his fiddle and says he now knows how to make everything right*

Keep fiddling, Nero!!

:eyeroll:

Yeah... I could say a bit more then that but I'll refrain. And Flem, :P

I personally think giving in to CG's poll to keep the pink colors would be quite nice. Or multiple color schemes that you could choose from. NS in blue! Green! Rainbow colored! :tb2:

Just for you Poltsy darling. :band:

I wish they would make like a UN Security Council. I don't know why, though. But anyway, like I said: It might be something like RMB-editing.

Sirocco:
So, what's the update on these big changes that are coming? Well, first of all I can tell you that the release date has become a little uncertain. It might be tomorrow (unlikely), it might be Monday, it might be later this week.

Like NationStates II.

Sirocco:
So, what's the update on these big changes that are coming? Well, first of all I can tell you that the release date has become a little uncertain. It might be tomorrow (unlikely), it might be Monday, it might be later this week.

Like NationStates II.
So...

NationStatesII:Violet's Violent Dictatorship?

I wonder if this change will require any changes to our TNP government. I know our defense forces will have to be re-trained, but perhaps we might even have to ammend our Constitution.

Depending on exactly what these changes entail, we may need to make some revisions to the Constitution, etc.

The immediate implication from the linked material by Former English Colony makes it sound as if invaider politics will definitely change. It also sounds as if realpolitik will be the result of the changes (just like the process of adopting UN resolutions requires political negotiation and diplomacy to be successful.)

It's entirely possible that the constitution may require significant changes, but it's also equally possible that the NS game changes may have little impact on the government system in TNP.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Back