Tangents!

People that don't look at the schedule and don't show up for work. Then they expect you to just cover them.. WRONG! Get it covered or suffer the bad things that are going to happen!

I ate a sandwich for dinner. Roast beef & cheddar cheese with lettuce, tomato, bell pepper, banana pepper, garlic pickles, mayo, deli mustard and vinegar. Nom.

My daughter had pink hair before she shaved it off for cancer research. The pink actually worked for her.

(Have I posted this before here? Can't remember and too lazy to check. Oh well.)

I recently bought a new dining table. It came with 8 black leather chairs as well. They are quite annoying. When it's hot, they make you sweaty. If you leave the curtains open and accidentally sit on them, they burn your ass.

Why did I get them?

Oh, also, the cat loves them.

I got flipped off by a fat old guy in his truck because he refused to yield to me when he was turning onto the main throughway. Gotta love that fat old white guy truck driver mentality. Don't come to vermont if you don't like that.

Sounds like an interesting experience - my rant today is similar.

Just before Easter, a truck changed lanes right into me, causing significant damage to my car and causing me to miss an appointment. Anyway, the owner of the truck is now refusing to pay and making things difficult so it will probably end up in court. Yay.

"Kangaroo Court" apparently first came into American English in the 1850's during the "California Gold Rush". Supposedly it originated from courts making decisions by leaps of logic, hence, the 'kangaroo' metaphor.

But I like Kangaroos. They taste just like opossums only a bit more gamy.

Lol.

Kangaroo doesn't taste too gamy if you cook it appropriately. Thinly sliced steak with lots of herbs on the barbecue is the best way to do it.

Kangaroo sausages have recently taken off here but I'm not that keen on them.

Wot 'bout Oz. Can we call it Oz? (Well, I call it Oz, but I spell it Aus in my head when I say it.) One of my old warcraft guilds I was in was called Wizards of Auz.

In other news, I am trying to take a break from twitter, because for some reason lately it has turned into a venue where I pick up internet strays, and they're all in their early 20s and mostly just tweet the kind of angsty crap that I would have tweeted in my early 20s. The difference here is that I don't have time to deal with all their bullshit, and I'm not mean enough to tell them to just bugger off and deal with it themselves. (If it's fake-problems, not like, legitimate problems, because I always have time to help people who are really in a bad spot, but still.)

And then I got thinking about how none of us really know what we're doing in life, or how best to approach the curveballs that get thrown at us, besides trying to keep a good attitude and learn things, and don't let the bad shit, or stupid people, turn you into a dick. But at the same time, over the years I've learned not to let people hang on just because they feel like they need me, if I feel like they're dragging me down.

Because, at the end of the day, you're the only person who's really gonna fight for you. If you don't stand up for yourself and take charge, no one else will. And I don't have the energy to haul around someone's ass emotionally when their own effort is basically this.

TL;DR: Haul your own ass around and take care of your own damn problems, and do your best to befriend people who do the same. Be kind to everyone, yes, but you don't carry shit you don't have to.

I'm reading the Oxford History of Ancient Egypt. The thing is taking forever because it can be quite dry sometimes with its focus on archaeology. It is fun to imagine dynasties thousands of years ago where people lived and died in ways not too foreign to the present day.

Back