Tangents!

DD talking about ancient Egypt reminded me of an interesting fact... did you know that, chronologically speaking, Cleopatra was closer to the Moon landing than she was to the construction of the pyramids at Giza?

Oh my god I am so simultaneously thrilled and bummed! I got a job offer in Washington as an outreach coordinator for a farm to table program. I would be working with kids, teaching them to garden, and working with a Veterans hospital to recruit vets to help. I'm bummed because it is 4 hours from Seattle where my girlfriend already got her job. This is seriously a dream job for me, gardening and educating kids. And helping veterans at the same time. I really hope I get something like this closer to Seattle. :pray: :yes: :no:

DD, if you need a temp job in Seattle while you're looking for more work, I've got a good friend who might be able to hook you up with a game testing job at the Nintendo facility out there. Also, ping Fibs. He lives & works in Seattle as well.

I will definitely keep that in mind, thank you. :) I have a few more (7) applications for americorps that I'm waiting for, but it is nice to know there might be something else out there that is not retail. :D

After I went back to sleep this morning, I had a dream that I woke up to shower and get ready for work, and when I went in the bathroom, a bunch of my cousins were there, and I got mad because I was gonna be late for work, and then I decided, oh screw it, I'm going back to bed. So I went back to sleep (still in my dream) and turned my alarm off in my sleep (not in my dream) but then I realized that my room in my dream looked nothing like my room in real life, so I had to be dreaming and woke myself up just in time to not be late to work.

That sounds like fun :)

Well I played a rather funny joke on my brother today. When I got home from work, the front door was wide open and I could hear that he was in the shower. So I stomped around the house putting on a fake high-pitched voice going "Hello!??! HELLO ?!?? anyone home?!?" and I could tell from his voice that he was starting to get worried, and he responded to me "Hello who is it?". So I started banging on the bathroom door and then trying to open it and he responds with "what the hell" etc.. anyway he opens the door and pokes his head out and the look of shock/embarrassment on his face was enough to keep me laughing for the next 30 minutes or so. He swears he will get me back though

That's hilarious! Oh man, sibling pranks are my favorite. I come from a family with six kids, so I, being the oldest, had 5 younger siblings to torture. But we all got each other good one time or another. One of my favorite pranks was when my youngest sister hid at the foot of my baby brother's bed (she was 14 and he was 9 at the time), underneath his pile of plush animals and blankets, and when he got into bed, he was laying there for a good few minutes before she just says "HELLO JOSEPH" in a creepy low voice. He screamed like a girl and then fell off the top bunk where he was. Nothing was broken, besides his pride, but we still laugh about that one.

That is great :) I have one brother and two sisters, and I can say the same. Though we tend to give the youngest sister a bit more of a break, because she is the princess.

Sometimes, after a client leaves our office, everyone in the office congregates in the main lobby to just stand and stare speechless at each other because what happened was so surreal that if there weren't other witnesses, we would know we've gone crazy.

We had a completely crazy one today, and after she left we were all just like... did... did that just happen? She wanted a restraining order on a stalker who lives clear on the other side of the country. And she kept talking to herself and then getting mad at us for not answering questions she didn't even ask... Hoo boy. Some day I am going to compile all my crazy law office stories into anonymous essays and publish a book.

I'm looking forward to that when I graduate then :P

My sister wants to work in Child Protection which I think would be an insanely stressful, and crazy job.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

And that is my 14,826th post, maintaining the high quality standards I set out when I began posting oh so long ago.

Yikes, no thank you on that early shift. Unless, wait, is there like a different time zone down there? Like, when you say 5:30am, is that like 12:30pm somewhere else?

I really like my housemates. I told one I was going away for a few days to a ranch for a team building retreat. He asked me the name of the ranch, and when I told him he said "Oh, that's not a real place. That sounds like the name of a ranch in an old timey hollywood cowboy movie. They're going to take you out somewhere and murder all of you." :lol:

Back