TNP Nation
Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Commend Northrop-Grumman
Category: Commendation | Target: Northrop-Grumman
Proposed by: Makdon | Onsite Topic

Note: This draft was accepted for the World Assembly Accelerator Program, but is not currently being sponsored by the Ministry of WA Affairs. If you're interested in participating in this program, we encourage you to apply with your draft(s)!
The Security Council,

Darkly noting the great importance that knowledge of the world’s nations plays in facilitating foreign affairs, and that the significance of this information being readily available and effectively collated cannot be overstated, for without it relations cannot feasibly be conducted in any reasonable manner; the ramifications for such mismanaged relations would surely be dark,

Applauding Northrop-Grumman and their shadowy archivists for their commitment to the arcane task of maintaining well organized and frequently updated indexes of both nation’s capitals and leaders, which are truly ancient, having been maintained by Northrop-Grumman for fifteen and sixteen long years respectively,

Remarking that the two mysterious indexes believed to have originated somewhere within the dark realm of Northrop-Grumman possess the following merits compared to the regular procedure of finding and viewing a nation’s information panel:

• The indexes of Northrop-Grumman contain useful references to information nation’s have chosen to provide that is relevant to their capital or biographical of their leader, which is both utile and edifying,
  • Nations newly founded are not able to display their capital or leader, so Northrop-Grumman’s indexes can be the only way to discover them,
  • The indexes allow for the quick finding of information on multiple nations, since they are all held in one place,

Knowledgeable also of the fact that Northrop-Grumman’s indexes have additionally inspired a separate catalog of national sports that employs the same methodology and layout, and cognizant that there is no standard display for national sports, so without the index foreign nations are left completely in the dark,

Intimidated by the extensive work of Northrop-Grumman in creating the Universal Network for the Integrated Transactional Economy (UNITE), a national and transgalactic computer system that registers all citizens, organizations of citizens, and foreign visitors through the use of a personal identification card, and which provides numerous advantages by providing easy and efficient flow of information and government services,

Astounded by Northrop-Grumman’s labor in chronicling countless collections of invaluable accounts of historic events that would otherwise have been lost after a shift in record keeping abandoned all previous years’ knowledge, a vast swathe of which Northrop-Grumman’s archivist managed to preserve and are still available for all of NationStates today,

Confident that in light (or as the case may be, darkness) of these contributions, which exemplify both long lasting commitment and frightening technical prowess, there can be no question that Northrop-Grumman is overly deserving of recognition,

Hereby commends the most dark nation of Northrop-Grumman.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]20[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

Commend Northrop-Grumman was defeated 6,398 votes to 5,613 (46.7% support).

Last edited:
IFV

Overview
The at-vote proposal seeks to commend the nation of Northrop-Grumman for their creation and maintenance of several expansive and long-standing indexes and registries of information on nations throughout Nationstates. The nominee is also the creator of the Dark theme, which is not mentioned in the proposal due to a rule restriction.

Recommendation
Though any mention of the nominee's creation of the Dark theme was ruled to be a rules violation by the mods, it is still certainly not a light accomplishment. Aside from the creation of the Dark theme, the nominee's stewardship of over a decade-old indexes and registries is also no small feat. Although the language of the proposal is somewhat awkward due to a few shoehorned references to the Dark theme, the proposal is well-organized and well-written overall.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote for the at-vote Security Council proposal, “Commend Northrop-Grumman”.

Last edited:
Perhaps I just don’t see the point in things like the archives and what not, but this nominee doesn’t seem all that commendable to me. Against.

I applaud Northrop-Grummans work and dedication for archiving information for that many years but I dont believe that it is worth a commendation. Against.
For

Last edited:
Perhaps I just don’t see the point in things like the archives and what not, but this nominee doesn’t seem all that commendable to me. Against.
I applaud Northrop-Grummans work and dedication for archiving information for that many years but I dont believe that it is worth a commendation. Against.
I would like to point out that the main justification for this commendation is not the indexes created by Northrop-Grumman, though those are notable, but their creation of the nationstates dark themes. They initially created these as independent plugins and publicly shared them on the forums, but they were soon integrated into the actual game and Northrop-Grumman was given a custom staff role to update the themes. Due to this, I am unable to directly reference the themes in the proposal, despite the fact NG created them on their own with no knowledge, abilities, or responsibilities that all players are able to possess. This is what Praetor was talking about. I would encourage this to be taken into account when judging this proposal.

I would like to point out that the main justification for this commendation is not the indexes created by Northrop-Grumman, though those are notable, but their creation of the nationstates dark themes. They initially created these as independent plugins and publicly shared them on the forums, but they were soon integrated into the actual game and Northrop-Grumman was given a custom staff role to update the themes. Due to this, I am unable to directly reference the themes in the proposal, despite the fact NG created them on their own with no knowledge, abilities, or responsibilities that all players are able to possess. This is what Praetor was talking about. I would encourage this to be taken into account when judging this proposal.
Also of relevance is that NG created these plugins before he was a staff member. Yet, the SC mods have taken to retroactively covering up his contributions underneath the rules in an unprecedented decision.

I disagree strongly with the ‘we are commending them for this but we’re not saying it, tee hee!’ nonsense. The rules are the rules, even if they suck, but I’m still in favour as in spite of the dark theme not being included I think they are a worthy nominee

I agree that the rules are the rules, but they shouldn't be applied retroactively and unfairly cancel what Northrop-Grumman did before just because they later joined the staff.
This particular situation casts on the Security Council a dark shadow. For.

Last edited:
For.

Don't really like many of the random "Dark" references in there, especially the ones that are so out of place. Otherwise though, good proposal. List keeping is no small feat :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back