The North Pacific v. Artemizistan

Lord Dominator

Citizen
-
-
The Court is now in session and will hear the case of The North Pacific v. Artemizistan as filed by McMasterdonia, Delegate of The North Pacific.
REQUEST FOR INDICTMENT

Defendant:
@Artemizistan (AKA Castelia)
Plaintiff: The North Pacific

I requests the court initiate proceedings in regards to the PLAINTIFF charging that the DEFENDANT did commit several criminal acts:

Criminal Acts: The Defendant committed an act of espionage, gross misconduct and treason.

Section 1.1: Treason

2. "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allies as governed by the Constitution.

Section 1.2: Espionage

6. "Espionage" is defined as sharing information with a group or region when that act of sharing has not been legitimately sanctioned by the entity the information is gathered from, as limited by this section.

Section 1.8. Gross Misconduct

23. "Gross Misconduct" is defined as the violation of an individual's legally mandated sworn oath, either willfully or through negligence.

Specific Offense(s): Treason; Espionage; Gross Misconduct.

Dates of alleged offences: December 31, 2018 - Present

The offending commenced on December 31, 2018 when Jocospor (Founder of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators) ordered a player known as “Castelia” to move a puppet nation into The North Pacific with a view of it eventually working through the ranks to become Delegate of The North Pacific. Once this was established, Artemizistan would turn The North Pacific into satellite state of CCD. Artemizistan subsequently applied for citizenship and became a member of the executive staff.

Jocospor brought in United Massachusetts as an external consultant to support Castelia’s infiltration efforts. United Massachusetts was described as having senior contacts within The North Pacific’s government and that he would be able to use that role to support Castelia’s operations in The North Pacific. Other than some initial conversations on this subject with Jocospor and later in the Operations 84 channel with Castelia, United Massachusetts involvement was limited.

Artemizistan subsequently notified Jocospor that they were not able to continue with the operation due to real life matters. Jocospor accepted this answer. Castelia is now a senior member of The Supreme Council of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators and one of its principal leaders and organisers. Artemizistan continues to hold citizenship in The North Pacific.

Evidence: Screenshots 1-20 in this file. Screenshots in this document between United Massachusetts and Jocospor.

Comments: We request that the indictment be approved to also allow for the ejection and banning of Artemizistan from the region pending trial. This will minimise the likelihood of Artemizistan continuing to tart and gain influence in the region.

Thank you,
McMasterdonia
Delegate of The North Pacific
Edited Indictment:

ag_seal.png

REQUEST FOR INDICTMENT

Plaintiff: The North Pacific

I requests the court initiate proceedings in regards to the PLAINTIFF charging that the DEFENDANT did commit several criminal acts:

Criminal Acts: The Defendant committed an act of espionage, gross misconduct and treason.

Section 1.1: Treason

2. "Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allies as governed by the Constitution.

Section 1.2: Espionage

6. "Espionage" is defined as sharing information with a group or region when that act of sharing has not been legitimately sanctioned by the entity the information is gathered from, as limited by this section.

Section 1.9. Gross Misconduct

23. "Gross Misconduct" is defined as the violation of an individual's legally mandated sworn oath, either willfully or through negligence.

Section 1.8. Conspiracy

24. "Conspiracy" is defined as planning, attempting, or helping to commit any crime under this criminal code.

Specific Offense(s): Treason; Espionage; Gross Misconduct. Conspiracy for Gross Misconduct

Dates of alleged offences: December 31, 2018 - Present

The offending commenced on December 31, 2018 when Jocospor (Founder of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators) ordered a player known as “Castelia” to move a puppet nation into The North Pacific with a view of it eventually working through the ranks to become Delegate of The North Pacific. Once this was established, Artemizistan would turn The North Pacific into satellite state of CCD. Artemizistan subsequently applied for citizenship and became a member of the executive staff.

Jocospor brought in United Massachusetts as an external consultant to support Castelia’s infiltration efforts. United Massachusetts was described as having senior contacts within The North Pacific’s government and that he would be able to use that role to support Castelia’s operations in The North Pacific. Other than some initial conversations on this subject with Jocospor and later in the Operations 84 channel with Castelia, United Massachusetts involvement was limited.

Artemizistan subsequently notified Jocospor that they were not able to continue with the operation due to real life matters. Jocospor accepted this answer. Castelia is now a senior member of The Supreme Council of the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators and one of its principal leaders and organisers. Artemizistan continues to hold citizenship in The North Pacific.

Evidence: Screenshots 1-20 in this file. Screenshots in this document between United Massachusetts and Jocospor.

Comments: We request that the indictment be approved to also allow for the ejection and banning of Artemizistan from the region pending trial. This will minimise the likelihood of Artemizistan continuing to tart and gain influence in the region.

Thank you,
Office of the Attorney General of The North Pacific.

Representing The North Pacific will be Vivanco, Attorney General.

Representing the Defendant will be Deropia and Sillystring

Presiding over this case as Moderating Justice will be Lady Raven Wing.

The Defendant is charged with one count each of Treason, Espionage, and Gross Misconduct Conspiracy to Commit Gross Misconduct.

The period for plea submission will start when the evidence supporting the indictment is published in accordance with the Court's direction. The Defendant will have 48 hours from the publication of that evidence to enter a plea. If at that time no plea has been entered, a default plea of "Not Guilty" will be entered for the Defendant.

The Defendant has pled Not Guilty to all charges to the charges of Treason and Espionage and Guilty to the charge of Conspiracy to Commit Gross Misconduct.

Last edited:
As the evidence in the indictment has been made public and the Defendant informed of such, they now have 48 hours from this post to reply with a plea and any representation before a plea is entered for them and representation found.

Your honor,

if it pleases the court, the prosecution would like to request for the defendant to be granted one extra hour due to a technical, out-of-character upgrade for the forum which occupied up one of the 48 hours the defendant had to enter their plea.

The plea of Guilty for Treason and Gross Misconduct & the Not Guilty Plea for Espionage from the Defendant is noted. At this time, the Court is now looking for individuals to appoint as Counsel. The trial will re-commence once such is found.

@Deropia is appointed defense counsel for the Defendant.

At this time, Counsel will be given 24 houra to discuss with the Defendant, in recognition of the Counsel being appointed rather than chosen, before the trial re-commences.

Thank you, Your Honour, I recognize my appointment and thank the Court for allowing me time to contact my client.

I will be prepared to proceed when the trial recommences.

Apologies, meant to post this sooner, but will now move into Evidence Submission for the next 5 days (full timeline to be posted), provided no further changes to pleas.

@Deropia and @Dinoium, when you're ready

Your Honour, with my clients' permission I will be joined by @SillyString as second chair.

At this time, Your Honour, I would motion that my clients' guilty pleas in relation to the Treason and Gross Misconduct charges be withdrawn and pleas of Not Guilty be entered in their place.

Thank you, Your Honour.
The Defence requires no extension and is ready to proceed.
Through the course of this trial, the Defence intends to prove our clients' innocence by demonstrating that their actions were part of an intelligence-gathering operation covered by the exemption granted by Section 1.10 of the Legal Code of The North Pacific.

Your Honour, the Defence calls its first witness, @mcmasterdonia, Delegate of The North Pacific and Commander-in-Chief of the North Pacific Army and intelligence services.

The Court recognizes the request for the witness and will allow such. A deposition thread has been created, and the Witness will be promptly informed. Any further attendance of the Witness is left to the Defense.

Does the Defense have any further witnesses they wish to call at this time?

Reminder to the Prosecution @Dinoium that any relevant evidence will need to be submitted and authenticated.

Thank you, Your Honour, we do not have any further witnisses at this time.

I submit for the Court's consideration Defence Exhibit A:
mcmasterdonia - Regional Assembly Private Halls:
The above is a screenshot of the Delegates acknowledgement of Castelia/Artemizistan as a TNP operative in the thread located here.

The Court recognizes the Exhibit from the Defense, and can certify that it is indeed the post made by Mcmaster in said thread. It thus requires no further authentication.

I request the court a change for the prosecution in the case of The North Pacific vs. Artemizistan, from Dinoium to myself. I as well require an expansion for the submission to answer the questions from the court for they could not be dealt by the prior prosecution due to personal IRL issues.

I request the court a change for the prosecution in the case of The North Pacific vs. Artemizistan, from Dinoium to myself. I as well require an expansion for the submission to answer the questions from the court for they could not be dealt by the prior prosecution due to personal IRL issues.
I echo the request of changing the prosecution chairship. I am currently dealing with some RL mental health issues and will be unable to be available to sit on the prosecution for some time. I also ask the court to extend the deadline to submit to February 5th, 2020, 12:00:00 AM EST, as I will be unable to submit the evidence on time on my behalf.

Your honour,

The prosecution would like to drop the charge of Espionage against the defendant.

I would ask that the court hold off on accepting the above request for the time being. The defense is engaged in negotiations with the prosecution.

Your honour,

As the prosecution has engaged negotiations with the defense, I request the evidence submissions to be held untill negotiations break to ensure the good-will communications between the parts.

As it has been over 4 days since the last update given to the Court, the Court would request that the Prosecution & Defense indicate the status of the mentioned negotiations.

Your Honour,

Our apologies for the delay. After reviewing relevant case law and negotiating with the Attorney Generals Office, we have negotiated a sufficient resolution and the Defence is ready to proceed.

Your Honour;

We would like to change the charge of Gross Misconduct for Conspiracy to Commit Gross Misconduct.
The rest of the charges will remain.

Your Honour,

Should the Court accept my colleagues change in the charges, the Defence would enter a plea of Guilty to the charge of Conspiracy to Commit Gross Misconduct.

Our pleas as to the other charges remain unchanged.

In regards to the question of charges changing, the Court would ask the Prosecution to enter that request in indictment form in order for proper assessment of the request to be made.

Apologies, the intention of the Court was that you present an edited (with strikes/additions noted) version of the original indictment.

Additionally, the Defense is allowed objection to changes in the charges if they desire.

The defense agrees with the request to reduce the charge of Gross Misconduct to Conspiracy to Commit Gross Misconduct.

Your honour,
I would like to remind that within the new plea, the Defense has stated to plea guilty to the newly added plea of Conspiracy to Commit Gross Misconduct.

All seems to be properly in order then, the change of charges will be allowed.

As the Defense has indicated they will be pleading Guilty to the charge of Conspiracy to Commit Gross Misconduct, we will continue with evidence submission for the Treason & Espionage charges.

Back