The Luscova Pact

With a clear majority the motion for air policing may now be passed

We must now move to another important matter. The first term of the Luscova pact has seen our alliance grow from a Craviter based alliance to a multinational organisation. Our numbers have swelled and our focus broadened, it has been Essalanea's honour to lead the first term of this esteemed assembly but the time has come for democracy to take its natural course.

We therefore formally announce that with the first term of secretary General coming to an end, Essalanea will not be seeking re-election or to put forward a new candidate.

We hope that a new election cycle will give the organisation chance to nominate leaders whose perspective and knowledge can build upon the successes of our founding term.

Attempting to play a joke, Albin Röhr began to speak: "Hopefully this nomination will not cause a nonsensical debate...

"I nominate Chirag Thakur for the position of First Secretary."

"I am honored to receive this nomination, sir," Chirag responded, "and will accept it. However, I should note that I will also stand down if we have a nominee from a smaller nation. It is these nations that this Pact was built by and for. The Empire is here to help and to forge closer ties of friendship. It would be disrespectful for me to lead this Pact if someone from one of those nations had also chosen to stand."

C3VjhhG.png

Official Communication of the Palace of Korovka
In the name of the Tiran of Korova
It is of the belief within the Palace that further cooperation with other nations is of the utmost importance. As such, we feel not only encouraged but required to partake in organisations such as the esteemed Luscova Pact, something with a goal at the heart of Korova's soul.

It is with our nation's great respect that we offer ourselves to membership of the Luscovza Pact.

Signed,
Sekretar’ Serge Bykov

Last edited:
Mason leaned leaned forward to address his fellow representatives
“I would like to announce my run for the candidacy of First Secretary in order to have this be a race of multiple people to give more options to you, my fellow representatives. I want to see a smaller nation put up candidates for First Secretary, however, if nobody does then I don’t want it to be just one person running for the position. Thus, my candidacy run.”

Albane rose to a stand. "I believe Norsia is in a strong enough position to lend credence to itself, and if I recall I no longer really have any conflicting issues politically elsewhere.. I would like to announce my candidacy for first secretary. On another note, I would like to make aware that the tensions between Norsia and Ereion are once again reaching an all time high and Ereion is starting to become antagonistic, seeing the secession movements in their North as our fault. If war does indeed break out, then this chamber may be at risk for Ereionese strikes on the capital.

Mason looked to Albane, contemplating what his fellow representative just told the chamber
“I would like to thank you, Mr. Albane, for running for first secretary. Also, while this threat is noted, I trust that the Norsians are fully capable of protecting this chamber. If you don’t believe that the Norsians are, then Sudo would be more than willing to help fund security for the chamber.”

"Seeing Mr. Albane's declaration of candidacy," Chirag noted, "I will suspend mine, as promised. I should also note that we have no objection to Korova's application at this time."

"Regarding security for this chamber, it is important that we protect it at all costs, as well as assist our fellow member, Norsia, should Ereion commit any acts of war, per all our obligations to this pact. The Empire is willing to assist in any way it can to secure these facilities and all the delegates assembled."

Fellow members of the Pact, the time has come to vote on who shall assume the mantle of Secretary-General of the organization.

The Candidates Are

Mason Rosales of Midir

and

Mr. Albane of Norsia

May the best candidate win

Please use the following format during the voting period

Nation Name:

Choice of Candidate: <>

Nation Name: Kingdom of Prydania

Choice of Candidate: Mr. Albane

A nervous looking functionary appears to announce the result

"Well....It would Appear Mr. Albane has a clear majority...including backing from Midir....'

'This council extends congratulations to both candidates for running transparent and straightforward campaigns, Three cheers for Secretary Albane!'

Albane looked up from his papers and laptop and cleared his throat before leaning into the microphone in front of him.

"Ladies and gentlemen of this assembly, our esteemed friends and allies in Predice have been attacked and now find themselves at war with a morally bereft, cruel and insidious foe. These foes are being supported by the communist regime of Reinkalistan; a regime that has now made its intents known." He took a short pause and a deep slightly ragged breath.

"It is my belief that under these circumstances that Article two section two; our mutual defense clause has been activated. Even as I speak my country is already preparing itself for War."

Albin spoke. “In accordance with article two, section two, Highton is prepared to mobilize due to the activation of the mutual defense clause.”

Benedikt Koller moved the microphone closer, cleared his throat and began to speak.

“The Mintorian realm will mobilize its forces in support of our Predicean allies pursuant to Article II, section 2 of the Treaty of Luscova.”

Last edited:
Sif Kjær nodded.
"The Kingdom of Prydania will mobilize what forces it can in support of Predice."

Chirag Thakur spoke next. "The Empire has lost dearly due to these attacks. Two members of the Imperial House, one by blood and one a treasured honorary member, are very likely dead. The latter, of course, is also the Grand Doge of Predice. His Majesty has personally contacted the Hereditary Grand Doge Vittorio, and HM Government is in close cooperation with Predice on this matter. In addition, the Imperial embassy in Nuevo Antofagosta has been hit with another attack and severely damaged. These events are deeply concerning and we thank our fellow members of this Pact for their prompt response and statements of commitment."

"We recommend all Luscova Pact forces operate under the directives and discretion of Predicean military command, for maximum effectiveness as well as in order to engage in cross-alliance cooperation with the Commonwealth, which is similarly involved to this Pact in this matter. Commonwealth Security Command has been duly convened to discuss the matter, and we have made a similar proposition to its assembled officers and generals. For our part, as far as the Luscova Pact is concerned, with all this having been stated, in accordance with both the Commonwealth Collective Defense Agreement and Article 2 Section 2 of the Second Treaty of Luscova, His Majesty has ordered the mobilization of Imperial troops to assist with maximum effort in any and all anti-terror operations in Predice."

"We intend to send two contingents, one for each alliance involved, and we encourage our Demescian friends to do the same. In addition, all Imperial Navy assets currently based in Predice have been activated and stand at the ready to assist Predice wherever necessary."

Leopold Graf added

"The Kingdom of Illderia will mobilize any available forces to support Predice in accordance with Article II, section 2 of the Treaty of Luscova"

Gaiseric strode toward the podium and leaned in.

"Assembled members, we have created something truly worthwhile with this gathering of brother and sister nations, we have effectively created a new dynamic in Eras. Our bonds of friendship are strong and watered with mutual fealty to one another, now however is a moment where our commitment is tested. We all swore an oath at the signing of this treaty to stand together in common defence and come to one another's aid in times of war. Predice and Norsia were Essalanea's first allies, you came to our aid when we opened our borders to the wider eras, today that generosity shall be reciprocated! the army that you helped train is prepared to do its duty!

Predice gifted us with the weapons of the gods and it is to this land we shall bear them! I shall lead 10,000 sons of Essalan to Predice and together with our allies in the Pact, We shall crush this insurgency and restore peace to Predice! The blood augurs have been taken in Vosgotis and the banners of war raised! ESSALANEA MARCHES TO WAR!!!"

The old Mario Frigo began to speak: “Hold your horses there, Your Majesty. As of now, the Supreme Command of the Armed Forces has not made it clear to me, how many men they are willing to accept. Just that they are willing to accept foreign forces. I will provide further information as soon as possible.”

Mason looked to Mr. Frigo before speaking: “Mr. Frigio, as you may know, Mondari has openly made its support for your nation’s effort clear to all. The protection of ships passing past the Kianese continent is a promise Sudo is willing to keep up as long as necessary. I have been told that in addition, Sudo wants to offer your government, if they want it, any military support it needs. That support may be offensive, defensive, or even logistic. As far as I see it, my government back home is offering a blank cheque for your government in order to maintain stability. I have my own personal opinions on the matter, however, I do see why they want these terrorists snuffed out.”

Last edited:
Sif Kjær adjusted her glasses as she prepared to address the Pact's assembled delegates. The fallout from Annika Winterbach's victory in the Hightonian Presidential election had caused a stir in the Foreign Affairs Ministry. Mostly as a result of a Syrixian state visit just days before the vote.

Bersi Langseth of Peace not Blood was asking questions in the Alþingi, and what made it worse was that the government shared some of the concerns. It was, however, far more difficult to show that when in the position of government. Peace not Blood had the advantage of speaking from the sidelines. The government had to be diplomatic.
The Hightonian Chancellor had pledged to look into the allegations of tampering, and that was its own ball of wax. If Syrixia did, in any way, manipulate the vote then this would unleash a whole new set of problems. The government was playing wait and see on that, but the Peace not Blood pressure had forced their hand. Vote manipulation or no vote manipulation, the fact was Syrixia did send officials to Highton close to an election where foreign affairs was a key issue. That was beyond dispute. That was something they could act on, and maybe sate the Peace not Blood caucus in the Alþingi- and take some wind out of their rhetorical sails.

"Assembled delegates of the Luscovo Pact. The recent election of Annika Winterbach as President of Highton should be viewed as a celebration of that nation exercising their democratic rights. Instead it's shrouded in suspicion. Government officials of the Syrixian Empire travelled to Highton just days before the election to extol the virtues of their 'relationship' with Highton. As foreign affairs- and foreign alignment between Syrixia and Malor-Kanada- was a key election issue, this needs to viewed as what it was- Syrixia attempting to tip the scales for Ms. Winterbach."

"Highton is a Luscovo Pact member. Syrixia is a Luscovo Pact member. My government feels compelled to ask...does the Syrixian Empire feel as if it is entitled to throw its weight around in the democratic affairs of fellow Pact members? Can Prydania expect a request for a state visit or some choice comments from the State Curator when we next have elections? This is supposed to be a Pact of mutual cooperation. Not another tool of Syrixian political influence."

Chirag spoke next. Secretary Khanna had seen this coming - before any discussions amongst Pact members could ensue, it was important to get a response out. Controversies came and went - Chirag's job was to ensure everything in between was as smooth and civil as possible. "Prydania does not need to expect such a request, Ambassador Kjær." he replied calmly. "It will not come. The nature of the recent state visit to Highton to which you refer had been planned for much of this year and was originally scheduled for July. However, the parties were forced to postpone due to scheduling conflicts. The date was therefore set to August."

"It is in the spirit of this pact, fellow delegates, that the designated Imperial representatives in Highton praised our mutual relationship. It is also in that spirit that our representatives met with and discussed with all major Hightonian presidential candidates, including Emilia Grünesfeld. The Empire categorically denies the allegations that these events were intended for the purposes of election tampering. We have stood and continue to stand for freedom, democracy, and multilateral diplomacy. Due to the revised date of our state visit being so close to the Hightonian election, it was agreed that steps would be taken to prevent such a perception as has arisen in this chamber from taking hold."

"Our goal in meeting the candidates was to make it clear that we did not seek to prop up or support any of them and were ready to engage in healthy diplomacy with any administration on the Hightonian side of the Phoenix Sea. In a similar fashion, we praised our bilateral relations with the Hightonian government and people - as President Calabrese said, wherever our paths may lead, because we do not believe in backward systems of control and influence as is alleged. We believe in the strength and health of Hightonian democracy and in the will of the people of Highton to exercise their sovereign rights, and thus these measures were taken as alterations to the original visit schedule to ensure it was clear to all that the visit was the exact opposite of what is alleged."

"To return to Ambassador Kjær's question, therefore, we must make it perfectly clear that no, we do not feel entitled to throw any form of 'weight' around the democratic affairs of our fellow Pact members. We believe in the mission of this Pact, because it is our mission, and ought to be the mission of all states: civility, freedom, mutual safety and prosperity, and multilateral diplomacy. We have not, and will never, stray from that mission."

Post approved by @Highton.

"It is very easy to say you support the 'strength and health of Hightonian democracy' when the candidate who wished to deepen ties to Pataliputra has won, isn't it? It bares clarifying that Ms. Winterbach's campaign rested not on the status quo but on expanding Hightonian relations to Syrixia. You claim steps were taken to avoid the perception that your government favoured one candidate over any other. The role your government's visit is alleged to have played in Ms. Winterbach's election has been discussed in two national legislators. I think it's safe to say your government failed in that regard, Ambassador Chirag."
Sif examined the room before she continued.

"Let us not mince words. Relations between Highton and Syrixia were a campaign issue. You knew this. I refuse to believe the Syrixian Ministry of Foreign Affairs would be so blind as to assume that a visit just days before the vote would not impact the results. So my government must conclude that the date of the visit was seen by the Imperial government as a benefit, not something to be cautious about. It would otherwise have been delayed to after the election.
Your government went to Highton, knowing your government's relationship with that country was a campaign issue, and your rhetoric boosted the message of one candidate at the expense of others. Neither I or my government feels any other reading of the situation can be satisfactory in explaining these events."

"Craviter is not the Empire's playground, Ambassador. Nor is this pact a set of potential pawns to be collected. You say you value this pact, but my government is left doubting the sincerity of this sentiment given present circumstances."

Sif sat back, finished for the moment. It was an important moment. The Foreign Affairs Ministry was usually cautious. Prydania's military was rebuilding. Its economy was rebounding but still fragile. It was for this reason that Prydania's international representatives were usually instructed to follow the lead of great powers whose interests aligned with theirs. Yet the Prydania Today situation had already exposed a way in which its electorate could be manipulated. Syrixian interference, if done properly, could render Prydania a vassal if it wasn't careful. A metaphorical pantry to be raided at will.
And so the order had come. Push them. And see where the Pact fell.

Albin listened to what was said by the two delegations from Prydania and Syrixia concerning the results of the election back home, which were barely a day old. Of course, he had watched the results come together and closely watched the immediate aftermath of the results. Here he represented Highton, however, and therefore he had to represent his government's stance and not his own personal concerns.

"As a representative of the Crowned Republic of Highton in this chamber and not as an individual I'm in a little bit of a tricky spot here. What I can say is that there is no solid evidence of any result tampering relating to the voting process or the electronic voting system that was used to conduct the election. However, I would like to remind once again that the chancellor-elect has pledged to open an investigation into the matter. Highton seeks to work with all nations of the continent for a prosperous future; it hopes that the rest of Craviter will agree that co-operation, not interference, will help guide us all to that goal."

"The actual manipulation of votes, Ambassador Albin, is another matter all together. Should evidence come out to indicate Syrixia is guilty of that then we have entered another realm entirely. There is no evidence of such manipulation, and the government's investigation may or may not turn up evidence of that. Actual vote tampering here is not the issue, Ambassador. What my government is concerned with- and what we feel all of Craviter should be concerned with given the historical record- is that the Syrixian Empire took part in the state visit at all. I trust the Conservative Republican Party will not try to deny that the visit itself took place."
Sif examined her Hightonian counterpart. They were representing a Conservative Republican Presidential administration. That could not be ignored.

"And it is the visit itself that is the issue. One that we feel cannot easily be swept aside with platitudes. Prydania too hopes for a prosperous future. For all of Craviter. Not just Pataliputra."

Last edited:
"I and my government have to agree with miss Kjaer. And it is not a matter of changing the ballots themselves, but of the minds of the voter. there are many ways to rig an election. whether you tamper with the ballots, or with the voter. It does not matter the reason the Syrixian delegation was delayed. The government and foreign affairs of Syrixia are smart enough to know Hightonian elections would be going on in this time. And they're smart enough to know the climate of Hightonian politics. They've been smart enough for millennia, it is the reason their Empire became massive and powerful."

Albane took a sip of water to give herself pause.

"The Syrixian delegation arriving for their visit when they did can easily be considered a rallying call for those leaning towards Syrixian foreign policy in the votes. Whether or not the rigging was intentional or a complete accident, the damage has been sown. And now the consequences must be reaped. I find myself in a position where I have to voice my governments strong distrust of Syrixia's motives, especially since our fledgling democracy is due to have its own election soon. Norsos wants a Craviter of stability and prosperity. Not Great Powers jockeying for power and puppets like in the bygone days of the Empires."

Albane finished and relaxed back into her chair. Through the course of the past year or so Norsian politics was becoming more and more contentious, even standoffish internationally. and Norsos was flexing its military and industrial might by entering a massive arms build up and sending out foreign aid as fast as the ships and planes could take it.. Albane wasn't scared for Norsos getting into armed conflict. Her concern lies if her government can survive political intrigue.

Last edited:
Mario Frigo, ignoring the no smoking sign on the wall, lights a cigar, and lays it between his lips, as he shuffles through some papers on the organised chaos that was his desk. Grabbing the paper he had scribbled his notes on. He begins speaking: “I would like to make clear my and my government’s views on the present situation. While we understand that the visit was postponed due to a scheduling conflict, it should have been delayed further, so as to prevent any possible swaying of the Hightonian public during the final stretch of the Presidential Elections, however that is hindsight. What the Syrixian Empire can do now, is to in good faith, cooperate with Hightonian investigative authorities, and turn over any and all documents that are asked of them. It should further recognise that it did, unwillingly or otherwise sway the elections, and pledge to prevent this from happening in the future. As long as Syrixia follows this course of action, no disciplinary action on the part of the pact should be necessary.” Mario finishes his piece, and continues puffing on his cigar.

Last edited:
“My government must concur with the concerns posed by Madam Ambassador,” said Koller. “Even if the Syrixian delegates did not intend to influence the course of the votes in their favour, their arrival to Highton just mere days prior to the election, and foreign policy being an important issue does raise considerable suspicion. It is not unreasonable for Prydania, or any other state in Craviter, to question why the Syrixian government sent a delegation days prior, and not postpone the state visit until after the election’s conclusion. My government is now left becoming more suspicious of Syrixia and their true intentions. Craviter is not a chessboard where great powers use other states as their game pieces.”

Last edited:
"On the matter of Highton we are saddened to hear of our fellow members' suspicions, but we understand this sentiment completely." Chirag responded, then turning specifically to Frigo to add on to his statement. "We are ready and willing to collaborate, however necessary and in good faith, with the Chancellor's investigation into this matter, to prove that this sentiment is unfounded. Our fellow delegates can make no mistake that HM Government has taken these events into consideration and they will productively guide and inform future scheduling endeavors."

"On the matter of Aydin, we fully support their application. The Empire has engaged in productive and bilateral trade with Aydin for many years and we speak with confidence that they would be a well-deserved addition to this alliance."

Sif shook her head.

"You do not seem to understand" she addressed Chirag.

"Prydania has no reason to believe Syrixia actually manipulated the physical vote in Highton. We feel this promise about 'cooperating' on the matter is a smokescreen. What happened- the visit- is enough of an issue even if no actual manipulation of the vote occurred. That Syrixia cannot seem to bring itself to admit that the visit itself was a problem is indicative of an Imperial government that sees no issue with interjecting itself into the internal democratic affairs of other Pact members."

"On the topics of Korova and Aydin...Prydania supports the Korovan application and wishes to hear from the Aydin government further before making a judgement."

As of late it has come to the attention of the Government of the Empire that much of our infrastructure as well as our military apparatus is out of date and requires significant modernization. And the Sultan believes that the Luscova pact would be a great ally to assist us in the process.

Back