Meterra Economic Treaty Association

The United Kingdom of Sasten hereby votes as follows:

On the ADMISSION of VIVANCO as a FULL MEMBER, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the ADMISSION of KASCHOVIA as a FULL MEMBER, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the ADMISSION of PLEMBOBRIA as a FULL MEMBER, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the ADMISSION of DASNIA as a THIRD–PARTY MEMBER, we lodge a vote of AYE.
On the OPENING OF AN OFFICIAL INVESTICATION on the claims regarding OCLUSIA and the SOMAAD, we lodge a vote of AYE.

Congratulations to the passing applicants—Kaschovia, Plembobria, and Vivanco—on being admitted to the Meterra Economic Treaty Association, Meterra's premier economic and cultural alliance. We not only hope but expect that you all sustain and contribute to the synergy that breathes life into the continent and glows like a burning flame within the global arena.

To newly admitted Full Members, We ask that you communicate your designated plenipotentiary (representative) in the following format:
[LEADER(S) TITLE] [LEADER NAME], [FULL NATION NAME], [PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME], [PLENIPOTENTIARY POSITION/TITLE IN YOUR NATION'S GOVERNMENT].

Synergy; Integrity; Affinity.

Last edited:
Palace of the Count of Foreign Affairs,
Lingvetard Street, 1, Petria, PETRIA, VIVANCO.

I, Ruldolph Vain Daster, Minister of External Relationships and International Commerce for the Marquisate of Vivanco
PRESENT:

The communication of the designated plenipotentiary within the organitation. This position will be currently PROVISIONAL as it is within the best interest of the Marquisate that this position to be chosen directly by the people of Vivanco within elections, those being held within the next Vivanquian General Election.

As signaliced, we shall follow the format requested.

• His Most Excelent Marquiss of Vivanco Petrio Raimundo the Third, The Marquisate of Vivanco, Iuliano Temera Loranz, Deputy Minister of External Relationships and International Commerce.
In the case of confussion with the format:
  • His Most Excelent Marquiss of Vivanco - Title of Leader.
  • Petrio Raimundo the Third - Name of Leader.
  • The Marquisate of Vivanco - Full Nation Name
  • Iuliano Temera Loranz - Plenipotentiary Name
  • Deputy Minister of External Relationships and International Commerce - Plenipotentary position in the Government.
Signed, Rudolph Van Daster.
RiryI8O.png

i4j0AOR.png

ADMINISTRATIVE POST

The FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD posts on the FRONT PAGE have been updated accordingly with all current information that I have. Give it a browse and if you see something that it missing or incorrect, please DM me with the appropriate information and I will add it as soon as possible. Thank you very much for your cooperation!

END ADMINISTRATIVE POST

SUkQTEY.png

From the Office of the Premier of the Autonomous Province of Crilalia
Dear Leaders and Ambassadors of the Meterran Economic Treaty Organization,

Two years ago, the House of Assembly of our Province approved a measure to hold a referendum on the independence of Crilalia from Plembobria. The central government made no comment. The campaign period came and passed, and voting day arrived. At the end of the day, the regional election commissioners announced that the electorate of our province had voted in favor of independence. Only in response did the central government denounce our democratic action and move to revoke the autonomy of Crilalia. Only as a response to this rash action, did the Assembly decide it had no further choice but to issue a declaration of independence. Finally, the central government went to the high court and secured arrest warrants for all of our regional leaders, and had the declaration of independence "nullified."

After the institution of direct rule here, the central government, after an entire year of strained negotiations, approved a new statute of autonomy which drastically reduced our autonomy; organizing our administration along the same principles of the other undemocratic and non-autonomous provinces. They restyled the province, previously known as the Commonwealth of Crilalia, as the Autonomous Province of Crilalia. They retain the right, by "royal prerogative" to dismiss any provincial officer. After having nationalized all oil and natural gas reserves across the country, the majority of which are here in Crilalia, the central government "granted" our Province a 20% stake.

It is evidently the object of the Central Government to reduce our province to colony from which they can extract resources. I am appealing to the leaders of META to put pressure onto the central government to allow us to pass a fully "legal," "constitutional,"
and most of all, legally binding referendum on our self determination. I hope you will take this under serious consideration. Our government will be putting forward a formal request to the central state and will be expecting a response soon.

Sincerely,

Catarina Estevez,

Premier of the Autonomous Province of Crilalia

Last edited:
"Ambassadors of the META member states," the Plembobrian ambassador paused. The other ambassadors stared at her. "This morning you all received a letter from the Head of Government of one of our provinces. I'm sure you are all aware of the controversy that has been ongoing in the province of Crilalia over the past few years. I'd like to address some of the points made." She adjusted her glasses and looked at her notes. "First the allegation that the government didn't challenge the referendum immediately. The Government made no request for an injunction at the time because we the provincial president had pledged to fight on with the referendum in spite of the court's orders, and we had no intention of executing an authoritarian crackdown on voters." The other representatives showed little reaction. The CEO frowned.

"Additionally, our national oil and gas reserves were previously owned by a patchwork of private corporations over which the provincial government had no control. The nationalization scheme had been begun three years prior to the referendum in an attempt made by the government to slowly transition off the use of fossil fuels in a manner which is sustainable and protects the interests of workers and the environment. We granted the province a stake in the national company because it was the right thing to do. But all Plembobrian citizens rely on our energy reserves, and decisions need to be made with all of them in mind."

"The Crown Government has always had the authority to devolve powers among the several provinces and remove wayward officials. Autonomous provinces are not an exception. And I might add, the revised statute of autonomy is almost completely identical to the previous, but with streamlined mechanisms for resolving conflicts of authority between the Crown and the province. These cut both ways; preventing both the province and the Crown from impinging on either's powers."

"Finally, the question of whether or not Crilalia will be allowed another attempt at securing independence is a complex legal matter to be answered by Parliament and the courts. It is not the place for international bureaucracies to weigh upon our institutions for any particular outcome. We do, however, commit to keep META updated on the happenings henceforth. Thank you."

Last edited:
Sinjorin' Kayode leaned into her microphone, looking around the room. Today, her weave braids were in a bun, and she wore a simple white blouse and a brown skirt that went just below the knees. Other representatives could see her subtle yet apparent white freckle make-up.

"The Demescian position should be clear and obvious," she spoke. "We believe that if a nation wants to determine its own future, it should. The Nations did the same when Nordic Demescia declared its secession after the Togbata Invasion. We felt it imperative that even our own citizens had that right—opportunity."

"With this said, if the Crilalians have something to say, let them say it. Let it be known whether they want to escape hegemony and illegitimate rule." She looked the Plembobrian representative in the eye when she said this. "To deny them this chance is to deny them a future. This Association—this synergy of proud Meterran powers—has always been about providing and protecting, for all Meterrans, no matter their ethnicity or nationality, a future. Why not the Crilalians? Why not these brave Meterrans?"

“I’m afraid I must respectfully disagree Sinjorin' Kayode,” said Ion Dardanus, the Charrian representative – in his usual nondescript grey suit, “As far as we are concerned this is an internal issue for Plembobria. We should support our fellow member-state in their handling of domestic matters. As long as this remains a political issue, it should be seen as a internal issue for Plembobria and it is not appropriate for META to interfere. This is not what we are here to do.”

Kayode stood up. "That is a contradictory and frankly wistful notion you're proposing, Sinjor' Dardanus." She turned her head toward the Charrian representative, folding her arms—fingers tugging lightly on each bicep.

"You say this an 'internal issue,' a 'political issue.'" She paused for about five seconds before continuing:

"Unue," first of all, "about this being an 'internal issue'—we—an international union engaged in the welfare not simply of governments but of economies and peoples—have already transcended such a threshold as 'internal.' The Treaty of Omoxoje has made it so, for example, with the establishment of commissions that aid the Meterran governments in serving their communities rather than serving the governments themselves. What is particularly relevant is the Meterran Mission's establishment, which did nothing but make explicit what was implicit before—our regard for human rights. We have rejected an applicant in the past for their humanitarian abuse, which has led to discussion on the issue further and finally culminated in the Mission's establishment under Article 5c.3a. In short, we are directly involved in 'internal' affairs, and we have been, and we likely will in the future.

"Due," second of all, "about this being a 'political issue'—my response to this objection involves the same sort of criticism I have rambled on about before, but I will add this detail."

She looked around the room, and met each and every stare. "The political implicates the economic, and the economic implicates the political. If you are dealing with one, you will ultimately be dealing with the other. Even the act of joining this synergetic alliance involves tiresome levels of polemics and political engagement, as the Santonian referendums have shown us. Now, more so than ever before, are we intimate with the relations of power.

She turned back to the Charrian representative. "You, Sinjor' Dardanus, have shown that intimacy too, no matter how much you object and promise that you object against it. You proposed that we should 'support our fellow member-state in their handling of domestic matters.'" She used air quotes. "Does that 'support,'" air quotes again, "not imply that we'd be in said 'politics,' the supposed landmine that we as an 'apolitical association' should avoid detonating? I don't mean to show contempt towards your position—and in fact I actually mean to disguise it—but honestly give me a break!"

She sat down, yet still said more. "Again, we should be about the welfare of those implicated in this union—no matter their ethnicity—no matter their nationality. Such wistfulness for being apolitical, a quality I don't think this association has ever possessed, can not possibly help us progress as a synergy."

Last edited:
Vicente Robles, former minister of External Affairs of Vivanco and now ambassador, was carefully listening to the announcement when the discussion broke out, caressing his scruffy black beard.

"What is everything if not politics?" the vivanquian representative spoke, arising from his seat and taking a moment of silence. "It may, of course, be a political issue, and leave it at that, but if we disgarded such conflicts just by their nature, we wouldn't be able to discuss anything, for everything has the taint of politics. And if the focus of this organization is economy, let's talk economy then."

The man readjusted his glasses before speaking again. "A nation's GDP is highly dependant on its population, since it is their primary source, and for that matter, the well being and stability of said population shall give economic benefits and stability. An unknown future may disrupt the markets and, in overall, have a negative impact. Your claim was that this isn't what we're here to do. But, I disagree. If we want to tacke economic meassures, we are chained to take political stances."

After speaking he took another moment of silence and sat back down, calmly speaking. "The matter of Ciralia should be discussed, for it has an impact in all of us, and in our possible future relationships. That is my opinion."

Last edited:
Boris contemplated in his seat, rubbing the bridge of his nose as he sat back. It truly was a conundrum. The debate at hand had essentially turned the entirety of their newest provisions set forth as the result of the Omoxoje Summit on their very head. And the representatives weren't helping the issue by immediately taking counter-positions and debating the intricacies and nuances of the word 'politics'.

"I think..." the Mouxordian plenipotentiary began, interjecting before anyone else could further derail the productiveness of the meeting, "... that, in lieu of being pedantic about the definitions of the words 'politics' and 'economy', we should look at what options are before us.

"One," he held up a pointer finger, "is the acknowledgement of the Crilalian independence by META. What are the potential ramifications of this? Crilalia gaining official recognition by an international body - a body that is joined politically with the government of Plembobria in some capacity. This does not directly equate to de facto or de jure independence or self-governance of the people of Crilalia. It will more than likely result in the withdrawal of Plembobria as a member-state -- it would the be the first occurrence of this, mind you.

"Two," his middle finger joined his pointer finger, "is a declaration of support for the government of Plembobria to uphold their territorial integrity - essentially taking the side viewed largely as 'against' the people of Crilalia. This ensures the continued membership of Plembobria, but severely cripples the authority of the treatise put into place as a result of the Omoxoje Summit."

He allowed a moment for what he said to simmer, before continuing, "Additionally, one must consider the legality of everything. META was never founded as an organization to impose its laws or decisions upon another sovereign nation. As far as we know, although the apparent previous privileges that Crilalians once held within Plembobria have been stripped away by the central government, there is still peaceful and humane treatment of the people residing within that area; that is, no police or military intervention or brutality. We must ask ourselves that, despite the plea of a Crilalian representative and our own stance on human rights and determination, if Plembobria really is the wrong here. As nice as it would be to wholeheartedly support a beleaguered and downtrodden people, that simply doesn't seem to be the case from what I've heard. From what I have heard, Plembobria has seemingly retaliated against the region for violating the central integrity of the nation, but it has gone through the appropriate channels in accordance with their own laws - as well as META ideals - and not made snap nor rash decisions. As stated before, there's no brutality or subjugation occurring. The people are still represented and administered appropriately in a fashion as they were before.

"What I propose, provided the Kingdom of Plembobria is in agreeance, an investigatory committee be established to ensure both the territorial integrity of Plembobria, but also that no reprisal against the Crilalian people occurs - either in practice or administratively."

"I am sure," Naizerre's representative Mwikiza Rould remarked, "that if he had known the members of this organisation would spend this much time debating whether the use of the word 'Economic' in the name of the organisation would prevent META from discussing other things, Mboto Jones would've proposed a different name for META. As it is, we already discuss, propose and act on things that are not purely economical in nature, so I do not see why we would constrain ourselves here."

He continued. "My colleague from Mouxordia makes a good suggestion, even if he misunderstood the request from the Crilalian Premier. They are not asking us to recognise their independence, they are asking us to use our influence with Plembobria to ensure a free, fair and binding second referendum is held. We should seek to ensure human rights are being respected within Crilalia and that retaliation against those supporting or opposing independence does not happen. We should offer Plembobria our fullest co-operation in such an endeavour. With that said, we have other matters that should be on our agenda."

One of Mwikiza's aides began handing out a binder of information to each representative. "My apologies for the impromptu presentation, my friends, but this is an issue I do not believe should wait. Whilst imperialism and colonialism has largely been vanquished from Meterra the spectre of it remains. From malignant institutions that seek to tempt Meterrans away from their true brothers to one sided trade deals that take advantage of Meterran nations, colonial powers and imperialist airgangsters remain a threat to us. But their is one outstanding colonial claim that is unsettled."

Mwikiza opened the first page of the binder and held it up. The page was of a map of central Meterra and the Ubgandian nations of Naizerre and Demescia. "I speak of the colony of Durban, illegally occupied by the Syrixian Empire since the early 1600s. In the chorus of decolonisation that has been seen since then, Durban remains sadly silent. We, collectively, should be looking to expel the imperialists from Durban and return it to the Ugbandian people who it rightfully belongs to, whether that is as part of Demescia, or as an independent entity in its own right. It has been in the hands of those who exploit our continent for far too long. I propose that we use all political, diplomatic, economic and even military pressure at our disposal to ensure this happens."

Last edited:
Mateusz Szymanski suddenly looked up. He was slightly shocked, as this was not something he expected. He had been taking notes about the discussions on Crilalia. After a couple seconds thinking about his words he stood and began to speak.

"My honorable friend," he stated firmly, "This is impromptu indeed. By steering discussion away from the matter of Crilalia, the members of this august assembly are less able to share their views on the situation, one that is continuing to unfold currently and one which has divided opinions both in Plembobria and amongst the international community, including this organization itself, as evidenced by the earlier discussion between the honorable Charrian and Demescian delegations."

"For starters, I should mention that Ubgandians have never occupied the island of Durban as a native population. It was first peopled by Skandan traders in days that predate the Empire itself. The idea that the Durbanese themselves are not the natives of their island is a pseudohistorical and racist myth."

"Now, to the point: my honorable friend states that the matter of the island of Durban has never been settled. This is another myth. In 1899 SK - AD 1918 - when the Empire's last possessions on the Meterran continent aside from the island were given independence, Durban was originally intended to be ceded to Demescia. The island remained as part of the Empire's sovereign territory by the will of its own people; the Durbanese petitioned HM Government to remain part of said sovereign territory. An agreement between the Empire and Demescia followed formally cementing this petition."

"Since 1851 SK - AD 1870 - the island has possessed full representation in the democratic legislature of our state. It has contributed fruitfully to democracy in the Empire, and its voice has always been heard. However, four years ago, fellow delegates, Naizerre attempted to tell the Durbanese what their voice should be, in an act of imperialism on its own part. Engaging in flagrant hypocrisy and perpetuating their pseudohistorical, racist myths, Naizerre attempted to commit aggressive military action against the island and the Empire itself."

"After an inconclusive naval confrontation, they backed down. We did not retaliate, and have since seen a historic thaw in relations between the Empire and Naizerre. Naizerre would do well not to continue to perpetuate racist myths, not to deny the democratic will and status of a native people - one of many represented within the Empire, not to infringe once more on our state sovereignty, and not to jeopardize the progress we have seen between our two states in recent years."

"Time and again, fellow delegates, we have seen Naizerre criticize 'imperialism' and then promptly seek to dictate to other states what they ought to do. I urge this assembly to not enter into subscription to these myths and falsehoods pushed by my honorable friend, the delegate from Naizerre, and I wish that my honorable friend returns to his senses, so we may drop this non-issue and get back to discussing things that matter to Meterrans and to states like mine, who trade fruitfully with this organization and this continent."

"As per usual, the Syrixian response is devoid of both factual and moral accuracy. It is a lie to state that Durban has never been populated by Ubgandians nor is it accurate to suggest that our issue with the Syrixian imperialists is racist in nature. We have no quarrel with our Skandan cousins, and welcomed them into the META fold like brothers in arms against imperial ambitions. Like Naizerre, Skanda has a history of repelling imperialists and META as a whole should use the Skandans as an example of how to deal with imperialists. They did win the Iterian War, after all."

Nwikiza continued. "It is also inaccurate to state that Naizerre 'backed down' from confrontation with Syrixia. After what the Syrixians claimed was an inconclusive conflict off the coast of Durban during our short war, we noted that the Syrixian naval elements remained in port for the rest of the war. One wonders why, if such a confrontation was so inconclusive. Either way, the Syrixians lacked the means and will to 'retaliate' because they had been forced into talks over Rhuvanland, which would shortly thereafter be renamed Esroniet. They would rather we forget about that conflict but considering how they bowed to pressure from the Epiphanes, one isn't surprised about that."

"Regardless of Syrixia's repeated failings at both recent and ancient historical facts, the moral fact of the matter is that Syrixia has no business owning land on the Meterran continent. They aren't Meterran. They are an imperial, colonial power with a history of oppression and exploitation of their colonies. They aren't credible in the field of human rights. They aren't credible in the field of anti-imperialism. And they certainly have no business attempting to dictate to Meterran nations that they should not concern themselves with Syrixia's long term economic, imperial and moral exploitation of Durban. They must be expelled from this continent."

Last edited:
As the aide to the Naizerri delegation handed out the binders of information, Boris' brow scrunched in confusion. But as Mwikiza spoke, the Mouxordian man's eyes grew wider and his brows shot up in surprise. The Naizerri had always been a people who were bold and forthcoming, never holding anything back, and being fairly straightforward in their demeanor, but even the subject matter such as this - and brought up at a time like now - was bold even by their standards. Boris could feel the headache he'd had earlier in the day returning five-fold with a vengeance.

Fuck. This was not something that he'd wanted to broach for quite some time - especially so soon after Naizerre's and Syrixia's naval skirmish just a few short years ago. Socially and diplomatically, things needed to settle before either delegation could approach one another again in regards to the matter. They were doing so well as of late, too - what were the Naizerri thinking, dredging this up now? It would only serve to sour the progress they'd made with one another diplomatically. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Boris had his head in his hands to compose himself a bit as the two representatives threw diplomatic shade at one another. "It would do well," Boris growled in an rare show of annoyance as he glared at both the Naizerri and Syrixian delegations; a look that could melt the steel of Mouxordian warships, "For both the honorable representatives of Naizerre and Syrixia to maintain their composure and amity when conducting diplomatic business within this hall." He sat back, skimming for a brief moment through the binder that Mwikiza provided, taking his time to collate his thoughts before proceeding.

"I view this as similar to the Crilalian matter," Boris began again, "As of yet, there has been no outcry from anyone other than Naizerre regarding the territoriality of Durban, least of all the populace that lives there. Although I am sympathetic toward the idea of a 'united Meterra' as it was phrased, this matter predates this organization and - I would wager - the combined age of every person in this room. Geologically and geographically, Durban is Meterran. However, socially and politically it is not. And it hasn't been for quite some time. The pedigree of Syrixia notwithstanding, I feel that Durban's distance from Syrixia proper has afforded them the opportunity to be more or less separated from the affairs of the Empire for the majority of their existence - despite them sharing a cultural heritage - and as such have not been... let's say 'victim', for lack of a better word, to the... behaviors Syrixia has demonstrated in the past.

"Our options are similar to that of the issue of Crilalia: maintaining the status quo, in which Syrixia continues its overlordship of the territory; or... well, I suppose that's the question, now isn't it? What do you propose, Honorable Representative Mwikiza Rould of Naizerre? Full independence? Demescian overlordship? Naizerri overlordship? I would wager my salary on the stance of the majority in this congress on what the true correct answer would be should that be the route taken.

"I sympathize with you, I truly do. I agree in that another nation whose capital doesn't reside on Meterra should not own Meterran lands. Thus, Syrixia has no business owning land on the Meterran continent. And, should this be a modern issue, I'd be inclined to wholeheartedly support you. But this isn't a modern issue - this is centuries older than any of us. Generations of people have grown and died in Durban, and - if we are speaking of human rights and self-determinism - forcing a populace to upend their heritage, livelihood, and familial history to meet the demands of a shift of political borders is the very opposite of this Association's redefined treatise."

He took a breath, almost a sigh, and ran a hand over his face. "As with the issue of Crilalia, I believe our best course of action would be to take a path between the two options. Provided the Syrixian government permits as such - as we are not an organization to supplant national sovereignty - an investigative committee should be established to review the legitimacy of the past referendum and - possibly, again with Syrixian approval - even a new referendum occur under the oversight of a third or agreed upon party."

Sinjorin' Kayode took a long sigh and massaged her forehead. "I really wanted," she said, "to put the Plembobria issue to bed before the end of the meeting. I see we must put this Durban business to bed, first."

"I noticed some eyes looking at me before I even uttered a word. 'What does the Demescian plenipotentiary have to say?' they ask. 'Are we going to ask for it back?' they ask.

"We ask ourselves the same question. There's no consensus in our evening sobremesas, let alone in our government. I will state for the record, however, that the delegate premiership is—as of now—not interested in budging Syrixia out of Meterra. Nor is it interested in this whole outset against 'imperialism' and 'neocolonialism.' Should a Sunsubirano or Rusano come into power, I expect that this would change.

"I am looking forward to, nevertheless, a referendum in Durban. Let's set the record straight once and for all. Of course, unlike the case of Plembobria, the only thing we can do is say 'pretty please.' We could also suspend or remove Syrixia from the Association altogether, but it's a rather extreme course of action. Demescian foreign relations would not see Syrixia any different should they decline—except for a tinge of suspicion.

"I strongly recommend that the Syrixian government go forward with a referendum. We shouldn't have the Meterran Mission involved yet—only if there's noticeable tomfoolery. If the Durbanese approve of the Emperor's rule, this matter is closed and shut. If not, then we'd have more to talk about."

Last edited:
“If I may clarify…” Dardanus said with a wry smile, “I think my Mercanti may have not captured my meaning fully. Though I am pleased to see similar arguments to those I used in our last summit used against me, as it suggests we are not as far apart on this as it first seems.”

“I mean to say that this is a routine political issue – it is politics as normal and so I do not see why META should be interfering in the regular affairs of a member state in such a way. If Plembobria were to begin oppressing its citizens in Crilalia, as we saw in Oclusia or if it were to put them into slavery, as rumoured in the Somaad – then yes, META should take a stance and the Mission should be involved. But until that point is reached, which I would hope does not happen with the Plembobrian government, then I do not see why META should be intervening in a domestic issue that is happening within the normal confines of their political and legal system.”

“You may not agree with how the Plembobrian government is handling this issue, and indeed you may have handled it differently in your own nations but that is irrelevant. There are many different cultures and approaches to governance within the nations of this institution and for some to try and use META as a means of pushing their own system of government onto the rest is unacceptable. As far as Haor Chall understood, when we agreed to the Omoxoje Treaty and the establishment of institutions like the Meterran Mission, this was to deal with serious human rights abuse as we saw in Oclusia – not with differences of political opinion. To make it clear – Haor Chall does not view referenda as a valid basis for decision-making, those nations who have a different approach are welcome to do as they will, but we do not and cannot support META attempting to impose or encourage such measures on nations who do not themselves already wish to do so.”

“There should be some respect for our differing political processes and the Meterran Mission should serve its purpose in dealing with serious issues, if or when they arise.” Dardanus turned and looked to Mwikiza Rould, “And much as we may respect the objectives of Naizerre in raising the question of Durban, our position is the same. We note that Naizerre raised no objection to Syrixia joining META as a third-party member and, surely, that time would have been appropriate to raise this issue? Otherwise, unless there is evidence of the Empire oppressing the citizens of Durban now, then what relevance does this have to do now with the purpose of the Mission or this organisation writ large?”

As Dardanus spoke, an aide surreptitiously leant over and passed a paper note to the Naizerrian representative.

Surely a referendum at this time would only strengthen the position of the Syrixians? What does Naizerre hope to gain from such now?

The MJ12 will wish to understand the stratagem at play here, if we may discuss later?

ID

Last edited:
"A referendum is certainly something we can consider, to concretely put the matter to bed and make clear the will of the native islanders." Szymanski responded, briefly. "After this meeting, we will see to it that the appropriate conversations and meetings are had with persons such as the Governor of Durban, the State Curator, and others, to see if a referendum is workable. We will, of course, respond as soon as possible."

"The Nations is pleased that the Empire will at least consider the option. We look forward to seeing this matter conclude, so that we may attend to other business, such as the Mission investigations and… " she gives Dardanus a mild glare "the question of Crilalia."

She fully turns her body towards the Charrian plenipotentiary. "You say this is a routine issue. Ah, yes, every country has a monthly threat of secession. Oh wait. Hm. No. No they don't.

"I assure you, Sinjor' Dardanus, that this affair transcends what would be generally considered normal politics, especially with several full members—including the Nations—recognizing Crilalia. For some of us, this is an 'internal' issue—don't even get me started again with that term. For others—such as the Nations, the Marä, and the Most Serene this is a matter of hegemony of one nation over another. To settle this once and for all, to understand the voice echoing from South Meterra, we need a referendum in Crilalia. We're not asking Plembobria to revise their entire political system. We're not sabotaging their democratic process. We're not rewriting their constitution. We're not planting spies. We are simply demanding that the dominant government give Crilalians a voice, and that is absolutely within our jurisdiction if you ask me."

Kayode, finally, averted her eyes to the Predicean plenipotentiary, who has not even uttered a word about this. "The Most Serene State is now the last Crilalia–sympathizer to speak. What say you?"

Application of Ulstome as a third party member to the Meterra Economic Treaty Association
To the nations of the Meterra Economic Treaty Association,

With the power entrusted to the Ulstome government, as given by his majesty, we request that Ulstome be granted admittance into the Meterra Economic Treaty Association (META) with the status of third party member. Despite Ulstome not being located geographically on the Meterren continent, in admiration of the economic prosperity that META encourages and aims to achieve in its member states Ulstome wishes to develop its trading relation with the members of the organisation to further encourage mutual prosperity in both parties nations to help better the lives of both our people. We are primarily interested in the desired categories of primary products and secondary products alongside the specifics of meat and dairy classed under foodstuff as the categories outlined in the treaty of Omoxoje. We firmly believe that by being able to allow META suppliers improved access to the Ulstome market in the categories already stated that META firms will be able to expand their available consumers and vice versa, with Ulstome suppliers being able to provide META firms and consumers with high quality goods, through this improved access between both parties we believe that it will be mutually beneficial and help improve the economic well being of both parties firms and people.

Regards,
Ulstome ministry of foreign affairs

Tsubo Tsango, former High Chief of Naizerre and now CEO of META, rose to speak. "You will have to forgive my intrusion on current matters but I wished to inform the assembly of the formation of my commission. Since becoming CEO I have been involved in discussions with both government and non-government stakeholders on the appointment of heads of the various Departments of the Commission as laid out in Article 5c.3a of the Treaty of Omoxoje. I have also, in discussion with my prospective department heads, defined the initial scope of the work of the department and what the goals are for the time being."

Tsubo took a drink. "Firstly, I have appointed Patrice Hossam of Plembobria as head of the Metenorium. Mr Hossam has a background as a leading expert in monetary policy and his focus during his time at the Metenorium will be ensuring parity with the International Banking Unit and extending our efforts to ensure that acceptance of the Meten across META nations begins. Mr Hossam will be working with the Synergy's Exchequer in this endeavour. The person leading the Exchequer will be Varnan Izair of Sasten, who comes highly recommended to the Commission after a series of roles in fiscal enforcement agencies. Mr Izair will be conducted a full audit of META's accounts during this time, and ensuring each Department is properly equipped with a budget to allow it to carry its role. I look forward to working with Mr Izair in this matter."

"A key focus of my commission will be advance the cause of human rights in Meterra, and in this area I am pleased to announce that Mx. Eric Ido, a prominent lawyer and activist in this area, of Naizerre has been appointed to lead the Meterran Mission. His goals during this period will be to establish an investigatory body within the Mission to provide the Assembly with on-the-ground facts and analysis of crisis and issues affecting META members and Meterran nations as a whole. He will also be working the heads of the Meterran Heritage Conservation Commission and the Meterran Natural Conservation Commission jointly - one's right to heritage, health and home are key factors that will be focussed on. The MHCC will be headed by Sigismundo Inclan of Vivanco and the MNCC will be led by Edmond Hachette of Lanceria. Mr Hachette has been headhunted from a similar body in Lanceria, whilst Senor Sigismundo was formerly a leading Heritage professor in Vivanco."

As Tsubo was speaking aides were handing out a document that provided profiles of the appointees and what the Commission envisioned their department doing. "My next appointment is to welcome Madame Marie-Catherine Dugenne of Saintonge and you will have to excuse my poor pronunciation of the body she previously headed - the Institut royal des appellations d'origine. She will be head of the Unitary Customs Office and will be responsible for ensuring that department is fully equipped to ensure that regional Meterran products are properly protected from foreign imitations as well as leading META trade policy as a whole. She will liaise with the three Departments of industries in this matter."

"The Directorate of Primary Industry will be headed by Sef Sharma of Demescia. They are recognised as an expert in the primary sector and will be responsible for ensuring regulations in areas such as mining and forestry are fit for purpose, as well as working with other departments to promote the agricultural produce of META members - we are not the breadbasket of Eras for nothing, after all. They are joined in the triumvirate of industry heads by Rezne Ervas of Sasten, who will be leading the Directorate of Secondary Industry. The DSI's aims for the coming period will be ensure the speedy standardisation and streamlining of practices within their industry, taking the best and most efficient ones from our member nations and ensuring we build META into a manufacturing powerhouse in Eras. The final department, the Directorate of Tertiary Industry will be led by Nathifa Awad of Irostima. Ms. Awad comes to us after a varied career in Irostima's service sector and her deparments focus will be on ensuring fair access for each META members service industries in the other nations of META, as well standardising best practices and ensuring quality is not devalued."

"We have facing before us two looming issues in terms of technology and infrastructure and in the coming period these next two departments will be working very closely together. The Meterran Universal Standards Commission for Electrotechnics and Telecommunications, shortened to MUSCET for most of us, shall be headed by Alex Strakas of Haor Chall. Mr Strakas boasts decades of experience in this area and will be tasked with ensuring that corporations do not unfairly lock off features and hardware depending on where in META you are at any one time, as well working closely with my next appointee to ensure the telecommunications infrastructure of META remains world leading for years to come. In this endeavour he will be working with Šime Kalinić of Mouxordia, who will be the head of the department of Common Infrastructure, Transportation and Energy. Working with national stakeholders and international interests, Mr Kalinić's primary tasks will be to ensure that the infrastructure and transportation of META nations operates safely and to a high standard, as well as collaborating with META members to develop a common energy policy for META, including potentially phasing out harmful fuel sources and promoting research into alternatives."

"As META nations open their borders and systems to each other, there comes potential issues in varying education, immigration and security systems and my next two appointments - don't worry, we're almost at the end - will be working closely to ensure we maintain our openness and opportunity whilst not compromising on security. Firstly, Gio Chapelle of Demescia will lead the Bureau of Education and Youth. The BEY is responsible for the harmonisation of META's education systems whilst also ensuring local and unique standards and traditions are maintained. In this, the BEY will work with nations ministry's tasked with responsibility for education and health in order to promote healthy lifestyles and educational opportunities both domestically and internationally - a number of international exchange programs are in the works to give Demescians a taste of Sasten, Naizerris an experience of Plembobria and so and so forth. The BEY will work closely with Raphael Kuat of Haor Chall, and the department he leads - the Meterran Security Bureau - to ensure potential criminal elements are identified and monitored whilst in their host countries, as well as more generally ensuring citizenship procedures are not unduly harsh on META nations, and will work with national intelligence agencies and security departments to maintain our nations safety and security."

"And my final appointee shall lead the Prosopon, the body responsible for the representation of META on the world stage and ensuring that the intellectual and copyright rights of the organisation are not being violated - there have been a number of pop up organisations claiming to represent META or the Commission in either whole or part that we have taken note of, and the Prosopon under Mauricia Samperion of Vivanco has engaged legal action to stop such issues. More generally, Senorita Samperion will be responsible for ensuring members of the press and international community are provided with information on META's actions, and shall also collect minutes of meetings of the varying bodies of META to be archived and published at a later date."

Tsubo took another drink, finally finished. "I will now take any questions on the appointments or scope of the departments from members, before the Prosopon briefs the press."

HQiYFSf.png

Re: Application for full member status for the Kingdom of McMasterdonia

To Whom It May Concern,

On behalf of His Majesty's Government, I indicate the Kingdom of McMastedonia's application for full member status in the Meterra Economic Treaty Association (META). I have outlined our response to the selection criteria below:

Benefits from the Association

The Kingdom of McMasterdonia is emerging from a challenging period of domestic issues, conflict and instability. With these issues resolved now, the Kingdom is eager to re-establish and assert itself as an economic and trade partner for nations of Meterra, Kian and the wider economic community. The Kingdom of McMasterdonia seeks opportunities for foreign investment, deregulation of trade barriers and duties, and increased economic migration to the Kingdom's soils. Participation in META will allow the Kingdom to strengthen our economy at all levels of government and re-establish important trade ties that had fallen to the side during the preceding period of conflict.

What McMasterdonia Offers

The Kingdom of McMasterdonia is one of the oldest and largest nations in Eras. This alone poses a substantial opportunity for other nations to expand their economic ties, grow their exports, and improve opportunities for their expats. The Kingdom is one of the largest economies and exporter and importer of goods and services. We believe that trade is crucial to the continued security, economic growth and stability of our Kingdom. The Kingdom's influence on trade in our early history led to the establishment of Mercanti, raised living standards throughout the world, and assisted McMasterdonian families in becoming some of the most affluent in the world. A closer trade and diplomatic relationship with the Kingdom will support more productive and higher paying jobs in our respective export sectors, expand the variety of products available for purchase by nations, consumers and individuals, and encourage more rapid investment and economic growth in McMasterdonia and Meterra.

Compliance with META standards and regulations

The Kingdom of McMasterdonia has a long and proud history of positive participation in the international community. The Kingdom has demonstrated to participate positively within the international rules based order and to support compliance with global norms and standards. Our participation in META will be no different. The Kingdom is resolutely committed to ensuring our compliance with META standards and regulations.

Economic and Infrastructure Integration

Likewise, the Kingdom is open minded about further economic and infrastructure integration. His Majesty's government has committed to a national restoration project, improving and strengthening national infrastructure, expanding national parks, and protecting our sacred cultural sites. We believe that greater economic and infrastructure integration will assist His Majesty in achieving these goals on a global scale.

Participation in META Affairs

The Kingdom fully intends to be a proactive and positive presence in all META affairs. Given our position, historical influence, and present economic size and military capability, we believe that the Kingdom's participation in META is crucial for the ongoing security and development of Meterra. Therefore, the Kingdom is absolutely committed to our participation in META should we be admitted.

Territorial Disputes or International Controversies

At the time of writing, the Kingdom is not party to any territorial disputes. Likewise, there are no international controversies of note.

Synergy, Integrity, Affinity

While the Kingdom prefers to rely upon actions of ourselves and our allies, rather than words, we recognise the importance of this motto in defining the purpose of META. It is the duty of all nations of META to synergise our economic and diplomatic efforts, to work together to integrate our economies and infrastructure to improve outcomes for our respective subjects, and that we work together to build affinity - a strong working relationship built upon mutual understanding to ensure the success of META and our own nations.

The Kingdom of McMasterdonia is hopeful about our admission to META and believe this will be in the best interests of all nations involved. We remain available to address questions, concerns or other matters raised by META members in handling our applications.

Yours,

Princess Fatimah
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Kingdom of McMasterdonia

"While Mondari is not able to vote, being a third party member and all. We support the admission of McMasterdonia into META, it would be a useful addition to the list of nation states in META. We hope that the rest of this organization concurs with our opinion."

Last edited:
[FULL CONVENTIONAL NAME OF COUNTRY] [i]…votes [b]<AYE/NAY>[/b] regarding the ADMISSION of MCMASTERDONIA as a FULL MEMBER. …votes [b]<AYE/NAY>[/b] regarding the ADMISSION of ULSTOME as a THIRD-PARTY-MEMBER.

Last edited:
Mateusz Szymanski turned on his microphone.

"The Kingdom of McMasterdonia is a time-honored friend of the Empire. While we cannot vote, we still wish to express our full support for their admission to this organization, which we feel will benefit greatly from their admission."

Kingdom of Plembobria
…votes AYE regarding the ADMISSION of MCMASTERDONIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes NAY regarding the ADMISSION of ULSTOME as a THIRD-PARTY-MEMBER.

The Majestic Twelve of Haor Chall
…votes ABSTAIN regarding the ADMISSION of ULSTOME as a THIRD-PARTY-MEMBER.

The Marquisate of Vivanco
…votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of MCMASTERDONIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of ULSTOME as a THIRD-PARTY-MEMBER.

The Lancerian Empire

Colleagues, although we have some votes ongoing, I would like to raise the subject of the terrible terrorist attacks and ongoing violence in Predice. Article 3 of the Charter provides for collective self-defence and we would like to openly signal our willingness to support Predice under those terms, should the representatives of @Predice wish to invoke Article 3.

Haor Chall has already offered significant military and logistical support to Predice and I am aware that our embassy in Nuevo Antofagosta has already been in discussions on how best to take these offers forward with the Predicean government. We know that the Commonwealth and the Luscova Pact have both offered military forces and, as such, we would to suggest that the most useful things for META to do for Predice now, would be in the economic arena. Whether that be through provision of economic aid, financial support, materiel resources or oil and gas supplies we have between us a great deal of power to provide the kinds of support which, often forgotten in comparison to military action, are nonetheless essential for the long term success of counter-insurgency operations to defeat these terrorist elements and help restore good order, security and prosperity to Predice.

The Republic of Mouxordia

The Kingdom of Ponterre

The Kingdom of Saintonge
abstains regarding the ADMISSION of MCMASTERDONIA as a FULL MEMBER.
abstains regarding the ADMISSION of ULSTOME as a THIRD-PARTY-MEMBER.

OOC: Explanation for the vote

Naizerre:

The United Kingdom of Sasten
…votes
AYE regarding the ADMISSION of ULSTOME as a THIRD-PARTY-MEMBER.

Regarding the situation in Predice, we wish to inform this assembly that we are willing to provide any economic or logistical support that either Predice itself or this body deem necessary. We also wish to note that the Erev-Azar canal between the Meterran Sea and western bay is available to help reduce the distance between anyone supplying aid and Predice itself, and with its recent upgrades completed is able to accommodate even very large vessels and capital ships. We are also willing to waive the transit fees for anyone supplying or aiding the legitimate Predicean government.

Last edited:
The City State of Irostima
…votes Abstains regarding the ADMISSION of ULSTOME as a THIRD-PARTY-MEMBER.

The Most Serene State of Predice

DuAQlOe.png

To those whom this may concern,

Ever since our government has been established, we were encouraged as well as discouraged to open up our borders to the rest of Meterra. Our security and national policing leads to happy faces around the nation, and we wish to encourage our neighbors towards a "more happy faces" type of policing. We hope to grow socially and economically among our neighbors.

We are interested in joining this economic association in hopes of a more democratic relationship with our neighbors. I believe joining the Meterra Economic Treaty Association will result in social and economic benefits, looking from many sides. The Federal Republic of Wermonia wishes to apply for membership in the Meterra Economic Treaty Association.

6e0tLg4.png

Minister of International Affairs, Charles Armone Krimston

Last edited:
We, with a un-heavy heart, finally welcome Full Member McMasterdonia and Third-Party Member Ulstome to the Association. The ever-burning blue flame of Meterra grows larger and glows stronger every day. We hope you stay.

To newly admitted full members, we ask that you communicate your designated plenipotentiary (representative) in the following format:
<LEADER(S) TITLE> <LEADER NAME> of <FULL NATION NAME>, with the plenipotentiary <PLENIPOTENTIARY NAME>, <PLENIPOTENTIARY POSITION/TITLE IN YOUR NATION'S GOVERNMENT>.

Synergy; Integrity; Affinity.

Last edited:
Back