Cartography Discussion and Off-Topic Megathread

Generally, we have denied claims for having direct real-life connections. Eras is a fictional setting this is not earth, and as such we try to discourage the practice is mirroring Earth on Eras.
my country that I have in mind does not have direct real-life connections

if i name it Shirakonai is this then a good name
in local language: 白コナイ

I also adjusted it right here: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9189019/7

Last edited:
Cartography does not update the map every day. Sometimes they go weeks without updating. I think it's about time you stop worrying about your map claim and start either writing your first roleplay story or participating in RPs where it is permitted to jump in. If cartography needs to talk to you, they'll reach out. As far as I can tell, Shirakonai is fine as a nation name. Use that when you RP for now.

Last edited:
Greeting,

Please check and if it's fit to requirement.

Regards,
Borneo Darussalam

Note: Cartography is of the opinion that the claim in general has too strong of a connection to RL Earth. If you join the TNP RP Discord (or are already on there) the staff or myself are willing to work with you in the #Cartography channel.

~LL

I already join and where I go next?

greetings Lord lore,

I saw that in the latest update our country has been removed.
Can we get an explanation for this.

from Carlinland

greetings Lord lore,

I saw that in the latest update our country has been removed.
Can we get an explanation for this.

from Carlinland

@carlin, the map only maintains nations for active forum roleplayers. You went more than 30 days without posting on the forum (Rule 4).
Rule 4: Activity Requirements- Maintain activity. Thirty days offline without a post on the forum gets you removed from the map & Sixty days without RPing will make you a candidate for removal after a warning and seven day grace period for reclaiming.

Hey Lord Lore!

Im Lorbank an old newbie in TNP :)
I have an idea that you might consider, this is about the physical map of the continents of the NP. You know what I mean, that you as a cartographer should edit the map in respect of where to be mountains, plain etc.

Please, consider it, if you need, I help you :)

Hey Lord Lore!

Im Lorbank an old newbie in TNP :)
I have an idea that you might consider, this is about the physical map of the continents of the NP. You know what I mean, that you as a cartographer should edit the map in respect of where to be mountains, plain etc.

Please, consider it, if you need, I help you :)

Thank you, Prydania!

comfed.png
Nation name: Federation of Ceden
Don't you think this claim is above the 175K pixels limit?

Has mu claim been accepted?

@Nubt II of Mortipal You will know when the map update is released. Lore typically does a good job at flagging denied requests, and with greater frequency than actually putting together an update. If you haven't seen a "denied" message yet, you're probably fine. You'll know for sure when it comes up as "Processed".

@Nubt II of Mortipal You will know when the map update is released. Lore typically does a good job at flagging denied requests, and with greater frequency than actually putting together an update. If you haven't seen a "denied" message yet, you're probably fine. You'll know for sure when it comes up as "Processed".
Sorry, it's just been around for a couple of days, that I thought that he denied it, and just forgot to flag it. Thanks!

Sorry, it's just been around for a couple of days, that I thought that he denied it, and just forgot to flag it. Thanks!

Lore does not process a single claim and post a new map immediately. He prefers to do claims in batches. A new update is coming soon, though, hopefully in the next couple of days. I will pass on a suggestion that perhaps Lore marks claims as "Accepted" in a timely manner, well before doing an update and setting them to "Processed".

You are going to RP, right? You might want to read this: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9104896/

Says claimable but no claimable spots
Map Update | 6/28
Map (Box) - Always Up-to-Date
Map as of 6-28 (Imgur)
-----
Nameless Map (Box) - Always Up-to-Date
Nameless Map as of 6~28 (Imgur)
-----
Claimable Land Map (Box) - Always Up-to-Date

Claim Rules:

Rule 1: Claims- Draw out your claim/provide a cropped image of the area you want, uploaded on imgur, box, or a similar site like Jumpshare). No photobucket or imageshack. Please make sure to post your claims in spoilers, or as links.

*Rule 1a: If your Claim Image cannot be directly transferred to the map (same scale) you forfeit the ability to get the claim exactly as you like, and agree to cartography using artistic license in adding your claim.

*Rule 1b: The Cartography Staff and ONLY the staff has the power to accept and deny claims. Any individuals caught trying to go around Cartography to pressure claimants into changing theirs will be subject to immediate forfeiture of their claims.

*Rule 1c: Please make your nation actually sound like a nation name. At the very least have a reason in mind of why your nation is named what it is. Cartography reserves the right to challenge a name to be reviewed by RP Conclave.

NOTE: You do not have to use your NationStates name. You don't even need a NationStates nation to participate. If your NationStates name actually sounds like a real nation, great, but if it doesn't, just make a new name that does. You do not need to create a new NationStates nation with that name.

Rule 2: Nation Sizes- Don't claim huge amounts of space. 172K pixels max per person, equal to a maximum of 688,000 km2. Remember that the map represents an area that is similar in size to North America & Europe. Each claim is decided on a case-by-case basis and we reserve the right to reject claims we view as too large relative to the nations around them.

*Rule 2a: Second Nations- A Maximum of two nations may be claimed by each person (with review and approval of cartography). In the event of a dispute between a first nation and second nation claim, the first nation will get priority.

Rule 3: Land Additions- Cartography will not create custom landmasses or islands, if you want something like that, you are responsible for creating it, Cartography also maintains the right to deny additions if it is deemed to not fit with the Eras Map.

Rule 4: Activity Requirements- Maintain activity. Thirty days offline without a post on the forum gets you removed from the map & Sixty days without RPing will make you a candidate for removal after a warning and seven day grace period for reclaiming.

Rule 5: Dispute with Staff- When a member of the cartography team tells you no, don't complain about it in public. If you really have a problem, PM the person in question or drop it. We don't get paid to do this.

Rule 6: Discussions- Please keep discussion in the linked discussion thread found here, http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9187645/, or in the #Cartography channel in the TNP RP Discord Server. The claims thread is for claiming only.

Rule 7: Don't be a lemon. Other prohibited plant products are cashews, mangos, walnuts, or durians. Macadamias are okay, but be careful.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General reminder: people, please use fill with one Hex code color. It makes our job so much easier than having to integrate a bunch of messy paintbrushes over a general guideline of your borders; doing this will not get you the claim you want. Also, if you could use the crop function to preserve the same resolution and .png files for transparency and lack of compression that would be wonderful. Thanks
0CoqWUl8xHrgEUJGY6-lqFkShWDYWuYGgL7Aahpi9rIoH1RFFNvOCmnR0qF4gvwSirnY7pCJP78iEw1p3lWgyswmejvMtsYiQR0_kY23fwQ0hgh23LF9mOTrxyuBUN1LXSqY5V9r

Green: 62d96b
Red: d86c62
Blue: 626bd9
Purple: 9e4cd9
Orange: d86c62

Just wanna go on record saying it's kinda screwed up to discriminate against certain people who one, don't know how to do that, & two, can't/won't anyway as Imgur or whatever it's called crashes my phone whenever I try to to use it. It's bunk.

Last edited:
Says claimable but no claimable spots

Just wanna go on record saying it's kinda screwed up to discriminate against certain people who one, don't know how to do that, & two, can't/won't anyway as Imgur or whatever it's called crashes my phone whenever I try to to use it. It's bunk.

The moderation team is here to help if you need assistance with making a claim. Send me a DM.

Back