Cartography Discussion and Off-Topic Megathread

Lord Emmanuel:
Corporal Clegg:
My area on the map is different from the one I requested. The area I'm missing to the southeast was empty, and I claimed it.

kEsZCCb.jpg
P8TvOMm.jpg

I don't know if this was a mistake, or if I just need to deal with it. Either way, I thought I would just throw that out there.

Thanks for your hard work, map folks! :)
Have already claim that area before you do. So its not a mistake.
This. His claim was already on a past map too, so that plus it being claimed first means it takes precedence.

So does Trinster, Neinfeld, or Aenara frequent this thread? They're the nations that will be closest on the continent that I claimed on, so I feel I should be able to work out most fo the geography of at least our immediate area with them. This way it'll be easier to build my Factbook. c:

Mouxordia:
So does Trinster, Neinfeld, or Aenara frequent this thread? They're the nations that will be closest on the continent that I claimed on, so I feel I should be able to work out most fo the geography of at least our immediate area with them. This way it'll be easier to build my Factbook. c:
Trinster is here frequently, and Aenara is here, though slightly less frequent than Trinster. Neinfeld has up and left the region entirely.

Syrixia:
Mouxordia:
Trinster is here frequently, and Aenara is here, though slightly less frequent than Trinster. Neinfeld has up and left the region entirely.
Then... would it be appropriate for Neinfeld's claims to be removed from the map?

Mouxordia:
Then... would it be appropriate for Neinfeld's claims to be removed from the map?
According to the map rules the claim will be removed from the map. If the person has departed the region then their claim will usually be removed sooner than later but up to the convenience of the map gods. Generally those claims get removed within one or two updates from their departure.

If the person fails to post in the RP forum for greater than 30 days their claim is often removed after that in the next update or two. However depending on the player's previous presence they may be granted a little leeway but usually not too much. Also if the person has made prior arrangements for known leave of absence the map gods will retain the claim. That's usually what happens.

That is false, ceretis. If a nation does not make an rp post within 90 days, that's grounds for removal. No forum activity whatsoever is grounds for removal after 30 days.

MacSalterson:
That is false, ceretis. If a nation does not make an rp post within 90 days, that's grounds for removal. No forum activity whatsoever is grounds for removal after 30 days.
Thanks for the correct info on that.

O the great RP moderators and creative cartographers,
is it possible and allowed to move my nation from current place to another?

Lore, why can't you accept extensions?
I see no problem with extensions, like Kalatun's, who has claimed correctly a piece of land and you simply denied it...

Just my 2cents bit I haven't seen many posts by Kalatun, let alone one hinting at expansion. From what I've seen Lore is open to expansions if the person is active and has a reason for it. (Yet again just my opinion, ignore if you want)

Cogoria would be correct. If the cartography doesn't see a lot of activity, we simply can't allow expansions.

But in my view, this is not a solution.
What are your expectations? Will people start RP after their request was denied? I don't think so :/

(I want you to know that I have planned a LOT with Kalatun about this expansion)

Lorbank:
What are your expectations? Will people start RP after their request was denied? I don't think so :/

(I want you to know that I have planned a LOT with Kalatun about this expansion)
From my experience, the practice is usually to create an RP background for the expansion before you submit the expansion claim, rather than after.

:2c:

Syrixia:
Lorbank:

From my experience, the practice is usually to create an RP background for the expansion before you submit the expansion claim, rather than after.

:2c:
I do agree with this view but I want to ask, what if this expansion is taken by someone else during the process of going through how the expansion came about.

In general expansions get rejected for four main reasons.

A.) They are claimed within the first month or two of the person getting on the map.

B.) They are lax on activity.

C.) They want land for the sake of more land.

D.) Its out of the blue and there is no explanation or discussion with Map Staff or etc.

With the possibly Fifth Reason of it just makes no geographic sense possibly thrown in the mix.

Thanks for adding me to the map!

One problem, though: Equitiar is spelt wrong on the map. It should have an 'r' on the end.

I don't feel that your level of activity warrants being placed on the map again. It's not enough to simply log in once every month or so to avoid being booted off, and your last post that I'm aware of in the RP section was on December 17th, 2016

I will start RPing, but I don't have the time at the moment and I wouldn't like to lose my spot on the map.

Edit:

And just to correct your statement that I log in once a month to not get removed from the map, I log in atleast 5 times a week and read a lot of the RPs. I just don't have the time for RPing at the moment since I prioritise school and other hobbies over TNP, which I am hoping to change.

Sierra:
I will start RPing, but I don't have the time at the moment and I wouldn't like to lose my spot on the map.

Edit:

And just to correct your statement that I log in once a month to not get removed from the map, I log in atleast 5 times a week and read a lot of the RPs. I just don't have the time for RPing at the moment since I prioritise school and other hobbies over TNP, which I am hoping to change.
Would be all fine and dandy if it was based on logging in but since its based off of post on the forum its not.

Lord Lore:
Would be all fine and dandy if it was based on logging in but since its based off of post on the forum its not.
Please, don't be so rude!
This can be communicated in a normal way.

Lorbank:
Lord Lore:
Please, don't be so rude!
This can be communicated in a normal way.
Please do not tell the Head of Cartography to act in Cartography, I am not going to be nice and flowery to people who refuse to read the rules. I tried to be all nice and understanding and it didn't work, I will be as abrasive as I feel I need to be.

Can I file an LOA of sorts? I'm leaving for my summer job again like the last couple years and it involves going to a place with spotty internet (it doesn't work when it's raining or particularly foggy), of which I have limited access, I may very well be unable to participate in role-play stuff or check the forums for long periods of time or potentially the whole summer. I'd like to keep my nation on the map despite this if that's ok.

http://i.imgur.com/IVof8Bf.jpg

That is not a political claim for the community map of eras so I split it off into the discussion thread. Furthermore Eras is a community project with no uniformly set topography or bioregions.

~LL

All of the islands are claimed now! The only unclaimed island I can think of is that other one from my old claim. (It may be part of Friently, it's just really small)

Skittleyflakes:
All of the islands are claimed now! The only unclaimed island I can think of is that other one from my old claim. (It may be part of Friently, it's just really small)
oh, the islands by atlae, former servos, and one by draconics is now unclaimed

Ah, sweet! Two new neighbors! Also, why is Cojedes grey just like Former Scallendovia and Malay still on even though Malay has been banned?

Claims thread is just for claims please don't litter

That being said, the map has fallen a little bit in my list of priorities atm since RL has been really busy and work has been a little overwhelming recently. I shall get to it tomorrow hopefully

Lord Lore:
Claims thread is just for claims please don't litter

That being said, the map has fallen a little bit in my list of priorities atm since RL has been really busy and work has been a little overwhelming recently. I shall get to it tomorrow hopefully
Apologise! Didn't realise this thread existed! :blush:

Back