Pan-Gotic Union

VOTE:

Introduce PGU Resolution for Small Arms and Light Weapons Ammunition Standardization Program?

<ABSTAIN>

VOTE:

Introduce PGU Resolution for Small Arms and Light Weapons Ammunition Standardization Program?

<YES>

VOTE:

<YES>

VOTE:

<NO>

"The resolution will pass, 6-3-1. I'd like to remind nations that voted no or abstained that they can abstain, though it is encouraged that they participate. Carrying on with this session, the time to elect the third Chancellor of the Pan-Gotic Union has come. I hereby open candidacy declarations. Candidacy declarations shall last 4 days, and then a formal debate period of 3 days will begin. I will not be putting my self back in as a candidate. Thank you once more for having me as your Chancellor."

Code:
[b]Candidate:[/b]
[b]Nation:[/b]

“Candidacy declarations have been closed. The formal debate period has begun.” Said Kari simply, looking over various papers as she did.

Kif Krogh spoke up.
"I have been informed that I will now serve as the Kingdom of Prydania's ambassador to the PGU following Magnus Brandt's resignation."

Distinguished members of the PGU Council, I return to you today once again to petition for your vote so I may lead the PGU as your chancellor. I wish to build upon my track record of stable, proven leadership. In terms of future policy, I wish to address pressing matters to the PGU. I would also like to continue the ongoing aid and recovery to our Prydanian friends as well.

Together, as one Union, a Union of the Gotic people standing in solidarity, we can make great strides. I wish to, as your Chancellor, guide us above and beyond. I hope that I have your vote, and to Deputy-Commissioner Hakkert, I wish the best in the election to come. God bless the PGU, and God bless you all!

“If I may, I would like to ask Mr. Arnad a question” Roelof said as he looked around from his seat. This being the first time he has ever spoken in front of the whole PGU before. He quickly took a drink of water and continued.

“You say for future policy you would ‘wish to address pressing matters to the PGU.’ What pressing matters would you like to address. That is a very broad and open spectrum that can be many things. Are you talking about King of Prydania? Maybe the Emperor of Maloria himself?

If I am going to entrust you with my vote to lead this great and wonderful organization I’m going to need to know what matters you’re going to address. These matters could be anything. So I would ask some clarification from you on this matter. Thank you that is all”

"Mr. Roelof, thank you for your question. I see the ongoing development of the Northeastern Craviter region as a pressing issue, as we have three members in that locality. We should be able to ensure that these nations are free from threats posed to them by the Stan Yera and Cogoria. Pressing matters could also be future events that I have no way of telling you at the moment. I do think that under my leadership however that we will be able to effectively solve the issues that come forward."

“How are some of the ways that you will nullify the threats that are currently given to Kanada, Prydania, and my Maloria by the aggressive and oppressive states that are Cogoria and Stan Yera. Do you wish to open battlegroups in these nations or do you have a lot of different ideas?”

"I am open to both diplomatic channels and more aggressive options should the need arise. At the moment I am leaning more towards a diplomatic solution, but if this aggression towards them continues I'm afraid we'd have to go with a more military-oriented option."

Butting in, the Kanadian representative spoke, "Your statement sounds awfully vague. Can you specifically tell me what would you do through diplomatic means, and what would you do if things got aggressive? Would we strike first, or wait for the Cogorians or Stan Yerans to attack?"

He quickly glanced at Roelef, then back at Arnad.

Mr. Hakkard waited for the others members of the Ilian Delegation to the PGU to leave the chamber before he began to speak.

"I don't mean to interrupt but I would like to make a short statement on the candidacy submitted by Commissioner Olera. While normally the delegate from the Coalition Senate would run for these types of seats Mrs. Olera has declined to do so and as the Senior Deputy-Commissioner I have put my name forward. I specifically am the official representative from the Kingdom of Taveris and Her Majesty, Thalia the First."

It can not be argued that Ilia has been a passive member of the organization. We have largely remained indecisive, If you would like to know a little of my ideas, it is time to shift away from the firepower. For too long this chamber has debating nothing but enhancing the military power of the alliance which is all fine but we must work to bring our nations together. Specifically lets work on lifting barriers between our lands in a sensible way so that we can all flourish."

Kari made her way to the podium after applauding both of the candidacy speeches.

"Thank you to both Mr. Årnad and Mr. Hakkard for applying for the candidacy and speaking. The formal debate period has now ended and we will begin voting for the position of the 4th Chancellor of the PGU."

Code:
[b]Candidate (Select One):[/b] Martin Hakkert | Jorgen Årnad | Abstain

Nation: Coalition of Ilia-Tavera
Candidate (Select One): Abstain

In accordance with the Charter (Constitution) of the PGU, Ilia-Tavera votes for no candidate and yields to a vote of abstention.

~Commissioner Olera of Ilia-Tavera

Kewin Gunnarsson, seated as he always was, looked around thoughtfully. A tie was unprecedented, and nothing in the Pan-Gotic Union constitution gave any indication of the procedure for what would happen if one was declare. Kewin was loathe to vote against a fellow Gojan, an earlier vote for the last Chancellor notwithstanding.

"Gotmark does not support the candidacy of the representative from the Coalitia of Ilia. We find their platform lacking in information and have very little faith in their ability to lead. We note that the last international role they held was add Secretary-General of the International Association of Nations, and they did nothing in that role. Absolutely nothing. They were a direct cause in the collapse of that august assembly.

However, and we note with displeasure that this has never been brought up in these chambers, there is no explicit procedure in the Constitution for what we do in the event of a tie. Which is an unacceptable oversight that I will work with other members of this assembly to fix.

We do however, note that the Constitution does have a provision for if no clear winner emerges, and that is a run-off election. Gotmark asserts that in the event of a tie, this procedure would be followed and so I cast Gotmark's vote thusly. Gotmark calls on the Chancellor to begin a run-off election immediately."

Nation: Gotmark
Candidate (Select One): Jorgen Årnad

~Statement from Commissioner Olera on claims made by the Gotmark Representative

"Mr. Gunnarsson, you can hardly lay the failure of the A.o.N. on the Ilian State. For one, It wasn't even the Coalition of Ilia that held the Secretary General Post. It was specifically the Itrean League that held it. But beyond that you can't lay that dead bird at our feet. The Itreans tried, we all did. Ilia proposed reforms and they were ignored. Merillia proposed reforms and they were ignored. The people of Augustum, and Stan Yera also put forward proposals and they were ignored as well.

And when the short comings of the organization were made clear it was the Ilian Coalition and the Merillian League that tried to keep the fire of international cooperation burning by putting forward our own complete reform for a successor organization and yet again our efforts were met with little enthusiasm leading us to the conclusion that there was not enough of a will or drive from anyone for such an organization.

Could the Ilians have done more? Yes we could have, but so could have everyone involved."

~Commissioner Olera of Ilia-Tavera

Ambassador Krogh spoke up, looking over at Ambassador Gunnarsson.
"We in the Prydanian delegation agree with our friends from Gotmark. The PGU constitution clearly has the adequate mechanisms to deal with a tie vote. We second their motion. Chancellor Vistell should begin the process of a run-off immediately."

Kari made her way back to the podium, surprised at the tie.

"As a few have said, although a tie is unprecedented, we do have adequate ways of dealing with them, such as a runoff election. Please keep in mind that the discussion phase is over."

Code:
[b]Candidate (Select One):[/b] Martin Hakkert | Jorgen Årnad | Abstain (Only for nations with candidates.)

Nation: Prydania
Candidate (Select One): Jorgen Årnad

Back