Military Numbers Thread

No. Antonio, denied. So many, many reasons why that's completely ridiculous, and while I will gloss over some of them, others will certainly explain why in PM. Costs, equipment, etc. all make it ridiculous.

All other applications are accepted, and will be added later.

Xentherida:
No. Antonio, denied. So many, many reasons why that's completely ridiculous, and while I will gloss over some of them, others will certainly explain why in PM. Costs, equipment, etc. all make it ridiculous.

All other applications are accepted, and will be added later.
Well why does my nation go by your standards? Only about 1.7 percent of my population is actively in duty. Technically, I've explained why it is like this. Its not like I have my entire population is ready for war. They are literally the reserves if the upfront 100,000 go down. 3,000,000 fit and able bodied Altonovans (who aren't human btw) aren't gonna be deployed all at once. So yeah, if anyone would like to tell me why I can't have my nation like this, please do so.

Same reason i wasn't allowed my number look at the mods response to my attempt. Learn from my mistake and take the advice.

Oh no, you've made me... explain!

Alright, starting off. 1.7% is already a stupidly large figure. That's 17 per 1000 people who could be working and helping the economy. That's a lot of people. Not to mention the costs for feeding them, training them, equipping them, arming them, giving them armour, giving them ammunition, paying their salary, weapon maintenance,weapon purchases, vehicle maintenance, vehicle purchases, medical care, compensation if the soldier dies, then you get payments for veterans who have retired, or you have to cover their medical bills because they got injured in war....

Long list, eh? Now try and pay for everything when 1.7% are in your armed forces. Based on figures of Kuwait (1.7% armed forces) you will spend 54% on armed forces alone. That cuts out money for things like education, transportation, housing, environment, healthcare, all of the vital things to a health populace. And it is incredibly unlikely that a nation as small as you are, and underwater, could generate as much money as Kuwait does to finance this.

Think how expensive this is for one person. Now think how expensive this is when a full 1.7% of the whole nation, of people who could be working in a job and paying taxes, are instead in the army draining money. It. Costs. So. Much. Money.

So much so that a full 1.7% will literally bankrupt your nation even trying to mobilise. I could declare war on you right now and when you collapse into economic ruin (because those 1.7% are out fighting instead of at home working and contributing to the economy), I would simply annex you. It is not difficult at all.

Reserves are even worse. You claim a full 50% are reserve. Please, please, please, tell me how you can afford everything on the list for half of your entire nation?

Figures like this (referred to as "godmodding") infuriate everyone, especially me. The fact that your people are not humans is utterly irrelevant. Once more, people underestimate the effects. Developed nations only have about 0.3% total forces. as opposed o your 50%+. Please do not make ridiculous figures like that, or you will just infuriate lots of people.

tl:dr your nation cannot pay for it all. even 1% can send you into economic ruin. providing for 50% will basically starve everyone to death as the country spends practically all of its cash on everything needed.

I would like to update my military numbers

NATION[c]TOTAL[c]ACTIVE[c]RESERVE[c]PARAMILITARY[c]% OF POPULATION TOTAL[c]% OF POPULATION ACTIVE
[c]Hastfradic League (i.e. Esplandia)[c]366,500[c]270,000[c]76,500[c]20,000[c].28%[c].22%

NATION[c]TOTAL[c]ACTIVE[c]RESERVE[c]PARAMILITARY[c]% OF POPULATION TOTAL[c]% OF POPULATION ACTIVE
[c]Ninhundland[c]145,000[c]XXX,XXX[c]XXX,XXX[c]XXX,XXX[c]0.17%[c]X.XX%

[c]Cojedes[c]192,750[c]84,645[c]72,105[c]36,000[c].381%[c].167%

Statistics were not fully correct at original time of publishing. Sorry for the confusion.

(Note: Paramilitary in Cojedes is the National Guard and National Police Service, which total 36,000 in total
Note 2: The Military of Cojedes increased from when the previous addition was made. These new number reflect the change.)

[c]Lebanoro[c]100,000[c]50,000[c]30,000[c]20,000[c]0.625%[c]0.3125%

I have a question.

How do I properly calculate the percentage of my population total and the population that on active military service?

Cimmerien:
I have a question.

How do I properly calculate the percentage of my population total and the population that on active military service?
I used my NS Population. So you take your military service number (which you chose) and divide it by the population. That should give you the percentage of military personnel.

Do the same thing for active personnel(which is a part of your military service number | so you can't have more active servicemen than actual servicemen)

Hope this helped!

I have a question.

In calculator, take your active duty population, divide by your nation's total population. You get a number. Move the decimal point two digits to the right (aka multiply by 100), round to 2 or 3 places because nobody wants 32 decimal places and stick a % sign at the end of the number.

Example
Active Duty Population: 5,202
Total Population: 1,182,119

5202/1182119 = 0.00440057219281645925663998294588.
Move the decimal place two to the right = 0.44005721928164592566399829458794
Round to hundredths of a percent = 0.44
Stick a % sign at the end of it = 0.44%

Repeat steps for total military population

I used my NS Population.
Please do not use your NationStates population for TNP RP. It is incredibly unrealistic. When you start getting into the Billions in NS population, the boundaries of realism are broken, so we ignore it entirely.

Please do not use your NationStates population for TNP RP. It is incredibly unrealistic. When you start getting into the Billions in NS population, the boundaries of realism are broken, so we ignore it entirely.

Oh ok. I used it though because it was still like 50 million or so. I forgot at which point I used it

[c]SAA Kanada[c]125,000[c]70,000[c]55,000[c]N/A[c]0.21%[c]0.12%

Kanada has finished modernization and has increased the military size. Reason for high activity is that lots of the military is in or around Scallendovia.

wicheye:

Oh ok. I used it though because it was still like 50 million or so. I forgot at which point I used it
As awesome as it would be for me to be able to use NS stats and thus have nearly double the population and fifty six times the GDP of the entire IRL Earth, there are some severe problems with that which should be patently obvious, and I'm not even half as large as a nation can get(!). Growth stats are ludicrous as well; your population will have more than doubled by the end of the month as NS populations increase by 2-8 million per day, and the economy grows proportionately enough to maintain the same GDP per capita.

50 million is a perfectly reasonable population to have in terms of TNP RP, but it has to stand on its own, not being directly tied to whatever lunacy NS' game code inflicts on your nation.

Nation: Total: Active: Reserve: Paramilitary % Of Population Total % Of Population Active

Duelist210,899165,06945,830 0 0.56% 0.77%

[c]Iraelia[c]500,000[c]300,000[c]100,000[c]100,000[c]1.05%[c]0.62%

Universal Service Ages 18-21

Updating again, should be the last one for a long time.

[c]Kanada[c]97,000[c]60,000[c]37,000[c]N/A[c]0.24%[c]0.15%

[c]Moristia[c]80,000[c]40,000[c]35,000[c]5,000[c]--%[c]--%

Moristia, your numbers suggest you have a population of 2.3 billion, which is conveniently close to your NS population (2.298 billion).

We don't use NS statistics in Eras roleplay, which this thread is focused on. If you're unsure of what we do or otherwise need help, ask one of us. If you're not RPing in Eras, let us know and we'll simply disregard.

Sil Dorsett:
Moristia, your numbers suggest you have a population of 2.3 billion, which is conveniently close to your NS population (2.298 billion).

We don't use NS statistics in Eras roleplay, which this thread is focused on. If you're unsure of what we do or otherwise need help, ask one of us. If you're not RPing in Eras, let us know and we'll simply disregard.
I have kind of fixed it just need to put percentages in would should I put in for that?

Total: 309,348
Active: 121,783
Reserve: 182,521
Paramilitary: 5,044
Percent of Population Total: 0.60
Percent of Population Active: 0.28

[c]Itrean League of Ilia[c]676,120[c]313,440[c]307,980[c]54,700[c]1.10%[c]0.51%

[c]Icetian League[c]542,655[c]251,675[c]247,090[c]43,890[c]1.10%[c]0.51%

[c]Taveris Regencies[c]335,675[c]155,585[c]152,930[c]27,160[c]1.10%[c]0.51%

[c]Ilian Coalition[c]1,554,450[c]720,700[c]708,000[c]125,750[c]1.10%[c]0.51%

~Note: The Ilian Coalition doesn't have its own independent Military Force. Instead it relies on the constituent country's armed forces with assistance by the Joint Command Structure overseen by the Coalition.

[c]Varola[c]10,079,503[c]8,416,385[c]1,600,028[c]63,090[c]1.5%[c]83.50%

Note: The Empire is very big.

Arstotzka1:

[c]Varola[c]10,079,503[c]8,416,385[c]1,600,028[c]63,090[c]1.5%[c]83.50%

Note: The Empire is very big.
Oh. My. God.

Ummmm...

Arstotzka1:
Your numbers are highly unrealistic considering the map that is used for Eras RP which this thread is for. The largest nations on the map are roughly the size of France and nothing bigger. Having a military of ten million plus people wouldn't be feasible nor would the total population that you claim to have based on the percentage number given.

Edit: NationStates stats are not used for Eras RP purposes at all. They are highly unrealistic and do not create a fair or level playing field. If you wish to RP with the NS community (the RMB group essentially) that is present here on the forums, the sub-forum for that is located here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/forum/5000916/.

As Nightsong suggested, I would ordinarily advise that the Eras RP community does not follow NationStates population statistics, but you've managed to exceed even that...

The optimal order of doing things for Eras RP is determine culture, determine optimal map location, make map claim (and get accepted), and then stuff like this. If you aren't already on our RP discord, come on over and we can help you out.

Sil Dorsett:
As Nightsong suggested, I would ordinarily advise that the Eras RP community does not follow NationStates population statistics, but you've managed to exceed even that...

The optimal order of doing things for Eras RP is determine culture, determine optimal map location, make map claim (and get accepted), and then stuff like this. If you aren't already on our RP discord, come on over and we can help you out.
Thanks for your post, Sil Dorsett. This has cleared up somethings to me.

Some things though, are still confusing me. What do you mean by ‘determine culture’? Other than that, I’m quite alright.

I would like to change my erm, highly unrealistic military numbers into a ( hopefully) acceptable amount
)
NATION[c]TOTAL[c]ACTIVE[c]RESERVE[c]PARAMILITARY[c]% OF POPULATION TOTAL[c]% OF POPULATION ACTIVE[c]Varola[c]1,866,575[c]1,493,260[c]279,986[c]93,329[c]2.33%[c]1.87%

[c]Ruskaland[c]20,000[c]17,500[c]1,500[c]1000[c]1%[c]0.85%

Nation: Mhazi
Total: 909,568
Active: 421,783
Reserve: 482,121
Paramilitary: 5,664
Percent of Population Total: 0.60
Percent of Population Active: 0.28

Note: Was unable to use spread sheet file. Software difficulties.

[c]Norsia[c]170,100[c]30,150[c]131,572[c]8,378[c]1.2%[c]0.8%

[c]Highton[c]80,000[c]25,000[c]55,000[c]0[c]0.6%[c]0.2%

[c]Labaniland[c]4,403,475[c] 2,396,920[c]2,006,555[c]0[c]1.16%[c]%

[c]Myriaf[c]892,000[c]368,000[c]524,000[c]0[c]2,23%[c]0,92%

[c]Peregrinum[c]750,000[c]450,000[c]300,000[c]0[c]0.86%[c]0.55%

Back