OOC: The Black Isle

Cronaal:
Syrixia, I hope you realise Lara is still on day one of sending out the signal.
I'm not moving weeks at a time like you, unless you're taking whole provinces in a day.
This sounds important. Time scales are something to consider.

This does seem to be going rather fast, one moment everyone is sending some units, the next all of Cronaal is overrun

Should I speed up massively myself or will things slow down?

Barbarossistan:
This does seem to be going rather fast, one moment everyone is sending some units, the next all of Cronaal is overrun

Should I speed up massively myself or will things slow down?
I'd rather we slow down, but that's everyone else's choice.

It's your choice, actually, as it's your RP. Don't be hesitant to use your rights as OP :P

oh92ec.png

I tried to be clear that I only invaded the islands of Oir. Reposting here, again, in case other missed this as well. I am not on the main island at all and have no intentions to invade it other than Recon, and S&R if needed for RP purposes.

I gave Cronaal freedom to RP an AS squad poking around if he wanted to and would be fine if a squad dies to some WMD set off by the gangs/clans. Reiterating that idea again.

Just so I'm very clear about where my troops have gone / will be going...
FNVz2ID.png

At the moment, I have only role played out the landing of the peacekeepers on the southernmost island (the one that got the designation Dun Aluin). I am currently in the process of writing out the scenario's for Callaici and how they end up on two of the islands and for Kalti and Andalucia and how they ended up on the other two islands and then a little further to create that coastal buffer. They went no further north due to Nebulan troops.

Seems like a lot of people are sending in "peacekeepers", but there appears to be some mixup about what exactly peacekeepers do. Peacekeepers go in to support efforts towards establishing peace. That means helping both sides maintain ceasefires as a formal treaty is worked out, distributing aid and food, monitoring schools, hospitals, etc., and generally just keeping the peace.

Peacekeepers should not go in and maintain no semblance of neutrality; that is, they should not go around shooting warlords' foot soldiers, taking territory for the country they come from, forcing civilians from their homes into refugee camps, working with invading forces to eliminate opposition, and so on. That is work for soldiers; that is, the armed forces who are invading another country.

Basically, they're called peacekeepers and not peacemakers for a reason. In the end, they should not be working to the detriment of either side. If a violent, warlike government is losing, then by all means they should find their jobs easier and let the invading forces do their job. But the word "peacekeeper" implies neutrality and for them to actively take sides is likely to cause more violence rather than less, because no one - or at least one side - won't trust them.

St George:
It's your choice, actually, as it's your RP. Don't be hesitant to use your rights as OP :P
I know I could, but I won't.
I'd rather do what the majority wants, than dictating 'this' and 'that' thing.

The forces I have are called Peacekeepers as that is their role at home, maintaining the peace of the nation following a disaster, emergency or other crisis. As for them being in Cronaal, yes they have taken territory but that is for the sole purpose that they have a base of operations to work from. Please don't jump to conclusions on what I'm doing with my forces before I've fully fleshed it out. The Callaician's had a small firefight due to a misunderstanding and as you will see when I go into more detail on what the Kaltian's and Andalucian's are up to, you'll see that they will not take a side but try to work for the benefit of all, be they criminal warlords or civilians down on their luck.

Myroria:
Cronaal:
I'm not moving weeks at a time like you, unless you're taking whole provinces in a day.
Yes.

Given the time scales, and personal to refusal to the idea that Syrixia could take a province so soon after the broadcast done, I'll probably ignore his contact with Lara at this current moment.

Cronaal:
Myroria:
Cronaal:
Yes.

Given the time scales, and personal to refusal to the idea that Syrixia could take a province so soon after the broadcast done, I'll probably ignore his contact with Lara at this current moment.
Truth be told, the Syrixians have really only liberated Oakshire.

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Myroria:
Cronaal:
Yes.

Hmm, I guess.

I still believe it would take a week, at the least, given that you tried initial aid and were massacred and had to return. Also considering you're half a region away.

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Myroria:
Cronaal:
Yes.

Hmm, I guess.

I still believe it would take a week, at the least, given that you tried initial aid and were massacred and had to return. Also considering you're half a region away.
We are literally a marathon swim away from Cronaal and we still haven't done more than prepared for impending invasion.

Nebula:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Myroria:
Cronaal:
Yes.

Hmm, I guess.

We are literally a marathon swim away from Cronaal and we still haven't done more than prepared for impending invasion.
And meanwhile Bustos has already taken over the entire Oir island chain?

Nebula:
We haven't even begun our invasion yet!

although I'm literally about to do it
So long as you don't go where I'm at, we are all good. And don't worry about the beachhead I've established, you can have that coastal strip of land once my guys leave.

Gonna post today. The Legion is gonna attack Oakshire, fail spectacularly, and the Syrixians will learn that they're based in Rodon and prepare to march on the city. The Legionnaires are also going to march on Ganjarius. (Unless Cro doesn't like that)

Sorry to trample you already, but I need Ganjarius for a couple things, not barring you from the city entirely though. <3, Thanks for caring

Ohh no go ahead. I'll position the Legionnaires outside Ganjarius.

Plus I can use the space that was gonna be for the battle for the Legion finding the nuke instead. >:)

It is all Syrixia's fault if Cronaal becomes a nuclear wasteland... I'm just over here in my little corner trying to save your people...

Cronaal:
Also this RP is to fix Cronaal - don't want another capital getting nuked on! X3 :P
No way in hell is the Legion gonna use the thing. The God-Emperor is smarter than that. But they will use it as a deterrent so they can manipulate Cronaal into bending to his rule, until the Syrixians enter Rodon and capture it, ruining his plans.

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Also this RP is to fix Cronaal - don't want another capital getting nuked on! X3 :P
No way in hell is the Legion gonna use the thing. The God-Emperor is smarter than that. But they will use it as a deterrent so they can manipulate Cronaal into bending to his rule, until the Syrixians enter Rodon and capture it, ruining his plans.
Caledon won't mind ignoring your threats :), I mean, he dropped a highly dangerous chemical on civilians for the sake of it!

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Caledon won't mind ignoring your threats :), I mean, he dropped a highly dangerous chemical on civilians for the sake of it!
Caledon is gonna shit himself when he sees the God-Emperor's forces at his doorstep. :evil:

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Caledon is gonna shit himself when he sees the God-Emperor's forces at his doorstep. :evil:
He's probably just as mad as, if not more insane, than your God-Emperor. :). Merely an assumption though, not met your little warlord.

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
He's probably just as made as, if not more insane, than your God-Emperor. :).
The God-Emperor once castrated himself to sacrifice his manhood to his own divinity, and then made every man in Rodon do the same. They're all eunuchs.

Oh, and his full title is His Most Glorious, Supreme, Supergalactic and Divine Perfect Magnificence God-Emperor Jokhmei Dandar, Blessed be his Name, First of his Name, Lord of All the Beasts and Fishes of the World and Conqueror of the Evil and Blasphemous Syrixian Empire in Cronaal in General and Rodon in Particular.

Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
The God-Emperor once castrated himself to sacrifice his manhood to his own divinity, and then made every man in Rodon do the same. They're all eunuchs.

Oh, and his full title is His Most Glorious, Supreme, Supergalactic and Divine Perfect Magnificence God-Emperor Jokhmei Dandar, Blessed be his Name, First of his Name, Lord of All the Beasts and Fishes of the World and Conqueror of the Evil and Blasphemous Syrixian Empire in Cronaal in General and Rodon in Particular.
Your character seems a bit more focused on power than mine. Caledon cares more about destruction, and its effects. He'd willingly throw Lara Kray out of the top of the Kray Tower, bomb civilian encampments and trample pregnant mothers and children with their bare feet. His destruction knows no bounds, illegally importing the absolute worst, most damaging chemicals and formulas to experiment on live, human subjects or to use in chemical warfare that could harm both his own, and others. Torturing, violating his most trusted because they merely stared at him wrong.

But this is more than a dick measuring contest. :p
I hope to see how your botchily-castrated soldiers do in warfare, which requires lots of movement :).

Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:
Syrixia:
Cronaal:

Your character seems a bit more focused on power than mine. Caledon cares more about destruction, and its effects. He'd willingly throw Lara Kray out of the top of the Kray Tower, bomb civilian encampments and trample pregnant mothers and children with their bare feet. His destruction knows no bounds, illegally importing the absolute worst, most damaging chemicals and formulas to experiment on live, human subjects or to use in chemical warfare that could harm both his own, and others. Torturing, violating his most trusted because they merely stared at him wrong.

But this is more than a dick measuring contest. :p
I hope to see how your botchily-castrated soldiers do in warfare, which requires lots of movement :).
Makes sense. Caledon wants to destroy, while Dandar wants to rule.

Also, I laughed at the dick-measuring contest bit. :rofl:

Nightsong:
It is all Syrixia's fault if Cronaal becomes a nuclear wasteland... I'm just over here in my little corner trying to save your people...
Heh, we're over in our little corner trying to remold them (and some Rhuvish, and a few from other nations) into Sadakhan. :)

Piscivore:
Nightsong:
Heh, we're over in our little corner trying to remold them (and some Rhuvish, and a few from other nations) into Sadakhan. :)
I believe that's called something like "cultural subjugation, invasion, and assimilation" and that's a real dick move.

Piscivore:
Nightsong:
TsLUoFM.gif

Piscivore:
Nightsong:
Wouldn't it be comical if the two declared neutral nations of the region end up taking over Cronaal due to everyone else being wiped out from the fighting?

No, no, no... That's probably a terrible idea...

Yeraennus:
I think Yeraennus is gonna end up being the only nation focused on complete Cronaali autonomy :l
Well, no one knows what I'm up to as I've never gone into detail on who the Freedom Corps are or what their job is. All I'll say for now is that they are both Peacekeepers and Humanitarian Aid Workers.

Syrixia:
I believe that's called something like "cultural subjugation, invasion, and assimilation" and that's a real dick move.
We're the only ones not invading, though...

And what's wrong with wanting to add their biological and cultural distinctiveness to our own? Why is it a "dick move" to adapt their culture to serve ours?

:w00t:

Back