OOC: The Rise of the National Sonacist Party

Piscivore

TNPer
@Syrixia: Re: your last post. No. Just... no. Not only is that post in monumentally bad taste, the methods used to exterminate people are not the same as methods used for testing chemical weapons.

For example, if the lethality of a chemical agent needed surreptitious human testing, it is easy enough to "crash a truck" in a neighborhood of undesirables to test the effectiveness of the agent on many sorts of subjects, at differing age, fitness and health levels at once, while also studying dispersal and concentration levels in the field.

Well how do you suggest I have Rhuvanland cross the line? That's what I could think of.

"Accidentally" gassing a neighborhood wasn't good enough? :)

The fascists could do all kinds of things: deportations and racist border controls are usually the first step. Then there are wage and employment restrictions, travel restrictions, and limiting social services for the "undesirables". Another favorite tactic is criminalizing poverty, which leads to race-based disproportionate law enforcement, mandatory sentencing, asset forfeiture, and then completely corrupt law enforcement. Soon after, vocal dissenters begin just "disappearing" in the night. Getting worse, there are birth limits, forced sterilizations, involuntary abortions. All kinds of things before elaborately kidnapping and gassing one person at a time.

The distinction between Kannexan and Rhuvish is not very clear at any rate -- sure, there's the dialect, but dialectal differences don't cut it. Even if they were different religions, there isn't much cause for ethnic hatred. It looks like you're just writing in it just for the sake of it, but it's all (like the rise of the Nazos) very ridiculously contrived.

Kannex:
The distinction between Kannexan and Rhuvish is not very clear at any rate -- sure, there's the dialect, but dialectal differences don't cut it. Even if they were different religions, there isn't much cause for ethnic hatred. It looks like you're just writing in it just for the sake of it, but it's all (like the rise of the Nazos) very ridiculously contrived.
The cause is mainly the Kannexan influence over Heidi Rhein and the CDCP, which due to their position as the last government meant that Rhuvanland was heavily under Kannexan influence.

Piscivore:
"Accidentally" gassing a neighborhood wasn't good enough? :)

The fascists could do all kinds of things: deportations and racist border controls are usually the first step. Then there are wage and employment restrictions, travel restrictions, and limiting social services for the "undesirables". Another favorite tactic is criminalizing poverty, which leads to race-based disproportionate law enforcement, mandatory sentencing, asset forfeiture, and then completely corrupt law enforcement. Soon after, vocal dissenters begin just "disappearing" in the night. Getting worse, there are birth limits, forced sterilizations, involuntary abortions. All kinds of things before elaborately kidnapping and gassing one person at a time.
The criminalization of poverty is practically against National Sonacism. However, I do think the racist border controls and employment, service and travel restrictions are definitely something I can make them do.

Syrixia:
The criminalization of poverty is practically against National Sonacism. However, I do think the racist border controls and employment, service and travel restrictions are definitely something I can make them do.
"Criminalization of poverty" is a term that refers to using punitive fines, fees, and penalties to increase the financial burden of minor offenses on those that cannot pay legal judgements right away. Combined with unequal prosecution, it is a way to further marginalize the underclasses; in your case, the Kannexians.

As an example, a Rhuvish driver that gets a speeding ticket pays the $100 fine right away because he has a good job.
An underemployed Kannexian gets the same ticket, but cannot afford to pay it or he's late on rent or the electric bill. There is a $50 fee to file the paperwork to contest the citation. If he loses, the fine is doubled. He sets up a payment plan to pay the fine, and there is a service charge of $10/month for the payment plan and the bank charges him $5 for each automatic withdraw. The city tacks on a $25 fine each time a payment is late. The Kannexian ends up paying hundreds for he same infraction, maybe losing his license, having his car impounded, or getting a warrant in the process.

Now combine that with a tendency for cops to pull over Kannexians much more frequently than Rhuvish, writing citations for more costly infractions, or just plain old writing improper citations, and the system becomes institutionally and deeply prejudiced against Kannexians. Without gassing anyone.

Piscivore:
Now combine that with a tendency for cops to pull over Kannexians much more frequently than Rhuvish, writing citations for more costly infractions, or just plain old writing improper citations, and the system becomes institutionally and deeply prejudiced against Kannexians.
Like the US!

Piscivore:
Syrixia:
"Criminalization of poverty" is a term that refers to using punitive fines, fees, and penalties to increase the financial burden of minor offenses on those that cannot pay legal judgements right away. Combined with unequal prosecution, it is a way to further marginalize the underclasses; in your case, the Kannexians.

As an example, a Rhuvish driver that gets a speeding ticket pays the $100 fine right away because he has a good job.
An underemployed Kannexian gets the same ticket, but cannot afford to pay it or he's late on rent or the electric bill. There is a $50 fee to file the paperwork to contest the citation. If he loses, the fine is doubled. He sets up a payment plan to pay the fine, and there is a service charge of $10/month for the payment plan and the bank charges him $5 for each automatic withdraw. The city tacks on a $25 fine each time a payment is late. The Kannexian ends up paying hundreds for he same infraction, maybe losing his license, having his car impounded, or getting a warrant in the process.

Now combine that with a tendency for cops to pull over Kannexians much more frequently than Rhuvish, writing citations for more costly infractions, or just plain old writing improper citations, and the system becomes institutionally and deeply prejudiced against Kannexians. Without gassing anyone.
I like this. Lemme have a go at it.

Considering Kannexans were owning most of the businesses in Rhuvanland before the Nazo takeover, prepare for a massive brain drain...

And you think the Rhuvish are dumb? The Nazos are prepared to systematically replace Kannexan company CEOs of Rhuvish companies with Rhuvish CEOs. This will be part of the upcoming new Rhuvish racist economic policies. Though, there will be some loss, due to a couple companies here and there that resisted or just left altogether, as well as the upcoming sanctions.

Plus, even if Kannex tried to economically sabotage Rhuvanland, the Nazos would just accuse Kannex of such publicly and get even more racist.

Business owners aren't dumb; every step you take towards that, there are thousands leaving the country. The postwar reconstruction was in a large part funded by Kannexan investment and loans. Kannex has already withdrawn much of that. Kannex doesn't need to sabotage the Rhuvish economy if the Rhuvish are doing it themselves by kicking out their most resourceful CEOs, leaders, and managers. If the Rhuvish are uneducated enough to elect a populist into office, how educated do you think the bulk of your Rhuvish managers and CEOs will be?

Empirically, these kinds of policies have lead to brain drain. Plus the sacking of CEO's would likely lead to a drop in investor confidence.

You two are talking about a democratic, capitalist society; in a fascist state the Kannexians' companies would be nationalized (usually with the pretext of their products being necessary to the security of the state) and their company officers' assets would be confiscated or forfeited long before they had a chance to leave; IF they were allowed to leave at all. Being imprisoned in a gulag puts a damper on the whole "brain drain" idea.

Besides, they are just as likely to be executed anyway; fascist states are more concerned with loyalty and submission to the state than with economic performance. Killing or imprisoning intellectuals, businessmen, and sometimes clergy (to remove competitors for power) is a typical mid-game step.

Piscivore:
You two are talking about a democratic, capitalist society; in a fascist state the Kannexians' companies would be nationalized (usually with the pretext of their products being necessary to the security of the state) and their company officers' assets would be confiscated or forfeited long before they had a chance to leave; IF they were allowed to leave at all. Being imprisoned in a gulag puts a damper on the whole "brain drain" idea.

Besides, they are just as likely to be executed anyway; fascist states are more concerned with loyalty and submission to the state than with economic performance. Killing or imprisoning intellectuals, businessmen, and sometimes clergy (to remove competitors for power) is a typical mid-game step.
Restrictions on travel and imprisonment haven't happened yet, as far as we've seen. Kannex has bled Rhuvanland dry with impunity as the Nazos transition from a free market society. Kannexan embassy has been withdrawn. Kannexan nationals and all business operations have been withdrawn from Rhuvanland -- no response from the Nazos, no Kannexan nationals or businesses harmed. Kannex has appealed to Rhuvish entrepreneurs looking to move their operations elsewhere. Other countries would be wise to as well, if they haven't already.

And gulag imprisonment might as well be brain drain. It has the same effect of removing your talent. This fascistic Gestapo-boot fetish that the Rhuvies have already repulsed much Kannexo-Rhuvish talent already.

Considering the Nazos still maintain the facade of a just state, they haven't tried infringing on any of the rights they apparently value, as far as we've seen. When the ball drops, Kannex will consider joining the fray of nations heaping threats on Rhuvanland, but Chancellor Henneburg's administration is war-wary. But the People are fickle. We shall see what the future holds in store.

Both RP Mods and general mods/admins are watching this RP closely.

Admins have the ability to view the edit history on posts and if asked, will be taking a look at posts that have been edited for possible violations of the rules.

I warned you, Syrixia, specifically, to tread carefully around this topic. If I find out that you have indeed proceeded with your proposed 'final solution' with as little tact and as offensively as I believe you would've, I will be very, very, very unamused.

I am incredibly uncomfortable with this topic, and the graphic description of an execution I read in one of Syrixia's posts that was edited following Piscivore's post above. I have forwarded this to the other administrators as I am really distressed why anyone could think this topic or the content therein is a sound one or suitable for a family friendly forum.

The post of the 4th of January that this topic is about initially contained details strongly reminiscent of the Holocaust, which Piscivore pointed out. The post was edited within 40 minutes of this topic's creation. I would not characterize this as avoidance of moderation but as self-correction. The original post was concerning, but I would not consider it something necessitating escalation beyond the RP mods.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I am incredibly uncomfortable with this topic, and the graphic description of an execution I read in one of Syrixia's posts that was edited following Piscivore's post above. I have forwarded this to the other administrators as I am really distressed why anyone could think this topic or the content therein is a sound one or suitable for a family friendly forum.
You're right. There is a line, and I am crossing it.

I won't be having Rhuvanland do any systematic slaughter of Kannexans, I'll only implement Pisc's suggested economic practices and have Rhuvanland limit Kannexans' rights. I'll find something less sensitive to RP that makes Rhuvanland cross the line.

I'd be interested in some personal RP. The everyday lives of people living under non-democratic government systems (as my parents did) are very fascinating. Do some research and get creative. Oftentimes the scapegoat minority is not the only group of people affected by a totalitarian form of government.

They grew up in China during the Cultural Revolution. I can't really summarize it in a few sentences but I'll tell you when my mother's life story gets published...

I might have just done a bad. I really don't want to support the fascists, but Imperium threatened potential Genocide D:

Yerannus, then join me, I'm kicking out the facists and putting the opposition in power until an official election can be sorted (less than three months ideally)

The Yeraenn simply hope to protect innocent civilians, but we want to have SIA permission before doing so officially.

Well look at it this way, we've already offered to help the Opposition government hold off the Imperium if necessary after we get rid of the NAZOs

Thanks Neb

Syrixia, hope Ulrich won't mind you furnishing the Ravens with the location of his main nuke lab? Their thing is commando assaults after all.

Yeraennus:
Syrixia, you fine with the K'ter family showing up to play?
Sure. In fact I just had a Eureka moment.

The PDT is going to support the Imperium Augustum so it can justify a gang war and take out their primary rival.

Back