OOC: The Rise of the National Sonacist Party

Kannex:
I find it really ironic that the Syrixian prime minister demonizes Rhuvanland as an 'empire' when his own country actually is an empire...
It's a democracy. The constitutional monarchy is purely for culture's sake. Remove the Akbars and you have a republic.

If you really need neutral ground, Callaici is willing to host negations between both sides (as ar Kalti and Andalucia). Neutral countries with no say in how this turns out and are not hostile against any involved.

Gtg, battery dying and I'm at school so I can't charge it. See y'all in a couple hours :P

Syrixia, I shall call your attention to this:

Collective Defense Agreement Article III:
Article III

An armed attack by a member outside the Democratic Union shall be considered an attack on all member states, and each member state shall, in conjunction with the rest of the Union under the Strategic Command, take actions as they deem necessary to maintain the security of member states.

We don't mind hosting a summit for the ALliance and Imperium. Hey, we're neutral in this and not hated by anyone (I think...)

Also, Nierr, there's a little flawed logic, namely Naizerre declaring war against a supposed warmongering nation with no other things even announced (e.g. sanctions, embargoes, condemnations, etc.). Literally declaring war on a nation for almost no reason (to be honest, they only really wanted to help Taijin) is almost the epitome of warmongering.

Also, I am actually for kinetic bombardment, although it should not have excessive use, and in reality, the yield is about 10t-120t of TNT. To actually get it in place you have to launch its own satellite, but the actual theory is just firing it (not dropping it!) it over an area. Also, it isn't FT; the Soviet Union tried to develop a similar thing in the 60s-80s (the Fractional Orbital Bombardment System), instead using nuclear weapons (this was prevented by the Outer Space Treaty). Even in 2003 the U.S. had developed schematics for a kinetic bombardment system known as Project Thor.

A note: My latest post includes links to tech designed by members on the main NationStates site. This is all things I have permission to use from the creators, if need be I can post either IRC logs or links to posts where I acquire the products in question.

Xentherida:
Also, Nierr, there's a little flawed logic, namely Naizerre declaring war against a supposed warmongering nation with no other things even announced (e.g. sanctions, embargoes, condemnations, etc.). Literally declaring war on a nation for almost no reason (to be honest, they only really wanted to help Taijin) is almost the epitome of warmongering.
From the Naizerri standpoint, Syrixia's entrance into the war is just another example of them escalating war and sowing conflict in Eras. Let's not forget that Rhuvanland was a Syrixian affiliate state, nor that the waterways of the entire region had to be shut down in order to prevent Syrixia and Nebula from warring on each other. In Naizerre's eyes, going to war with Syrixia now could potentially save a lot of lives later.

St George:
From the Naizerri standpoint, Syrixia's entrance into the war is just another example of them escalating war and sowing conflict in Eras. Let's not forget that Rhuvanland was a Syrixian affiliate state, nor that the waterways of the entire region had to be shut down in order to prevent Syrixia and Nebula from warring on each other. In Naizerre's eyes, going to war with Syrixia now could potentially save a lot of lives later.
But even still, a full-blown war declaration is not a good idea. At the minimum, a coalition of likewise-minded nations could form economic sanctions and strong condemnations, or even an embargo, against Syrixia, sucking other nations into the influence. More conflict is not what is needed on Eras.

I'm writing up a post at the moment, a letter to Mboto Jones, requesting that you redact the war declaration or economic sanctions will be declared against Naizerre.

St George:
Xentherida:
And in Syrixia's eyes, this only proves that Naizerre is a fearmonger that employs rhetoric and warmongering to achieve its sick, disgusting aims. :lol:

Since the war is beginning to blow up, on Xentherida's suggestion, I've renamed the RP to World War II. (Since The Great War was the first big war, and this is the bigger and second great war)

You should probably change the name to something else.

This is by no means a 'world' war.

And thus, you complete the ungainly and obvious parody for all of us.

While still managing to cockblock me from doing anything despite a relatively large and advanced navy :/

The Novrith Pact is involved, the DU is involved, Naizerre is involved, Rhuvanland is involved, the Pentante is involved...

Seems big enough.

Yeraennus:
While still managing to cockblock me from doing anything despite a relatively large and advanced navy :/
Because you're doing it too fast.

Give the Rhuvish a fighting chance instead of blitzkrieging them and ending the war quickly. Make the story interesting.

And railguns? This is MT.

EDIT: Changed the name again to The Second Great War.

And this is why I got out while I could... you all want to drag Erde and the region back into war, violence and death... while you all throw away countless lives the Rose Union shall sit on the sidelines with peacekeeping forces and humanitarian forces on standby to help with the aftermath.

Madjack, any other moderators, do railguns, as I have described them, using their wiki page and what other information I could find count as MT for this RP?

Syrixia, why would blitzkrieg not be a viable option? You literally blitzed Tajis and you're telling me to not blitz? At best, if I did capture Althafen, I would maybe be able to push inwards slowly, seeing as it's unfamiliar terrain and I don't have very many ground troops available to deploy there, less than 3% of your total force, not including navy assets. I'm taking a single city to establish a point of control in Rhuvanland for the Argent Alliance and Pentante.

Will flag this up. I can't make a ruling because I'm involved in the RP, however it is my personal opinion that they do indeed count as MT.

Okay, I'm fine with waiting on that until ruling comes in. In the meanwhile, the Yeraenn National Fleet, Rhuvish Assembly is ready to eat some silly little u-boats up.

Nightsong:
And this is why I got out while I could... you all want to drag Erde and the region back into war, violence and death... while you all throw away countless lives the Rose Union shall sit on the sidelines with peacekeeping forces and humanitarian forces on standby to help with the aftermath.
Aww. I need help in stopping Naizerre from starting a new theatre in this war without the use of military. I'm writing another harsh letter to them, but I somewhat think that's not enough...

I know what'll fix it! Two harsh letters!

Yeraennus:
Syrixia, why would blitzkrieg not be a viable option? You literally blitzed Tajis and you're telling me to not blitz? At best, if I did capture Althafen, I would maybe be able to push inwards slowly, seeing as it's unfamiliar terrain and I don't have very many ground troops available to deploy there, less than 3% of your total force, not including navy assets. I'm taking a single city to establish a point of control in Rhuvanland for the Argent Alliance and Pentante.
Because Tajis and Rhuvanland are two different, very different nations. Tajis barely has an army while Rhuvanland's propaganda and excellent recruiting offices, according to Kannex, recruited a million soldiers. They're not well-trained, but they're a mean horde and they have both the home advantage and radical morale on their side.

As for a point of control, I wouldn't recommend Althafen. It's too well-guarded. Try Bürheim, a little bit west of Althafen. They will NOT expect that.

Yeraennus:
Madjack, any other moderators, do railguns, as I have described them, using their wiki page and what other information I could find count as MT for this RP?

There are between 30,000 and 35,000 (mostly Esplandian) troops in Tajis, so Rhuvanland Blitzing Tajis makes sense. Also it was my idea, mostly. I'm letting Tajis get pummeled to make this war interesting for myself.

The rest I don't know about, but I'm cool with rail guns myself if everyone else is.

Syrixia:
Yeraennus:
Because Tajis and Rhuvanland are two different, very different nations. Tajis barely has an army while Rhuvanland's propaganda and excellent recruiting offices, according to Kannex, recruited a million soldiers. They're not well-trained, but they're a mean horde and they have both the home advantage and radical morale on their side.

As for a point of control, I wouldn't recommend Althafen. It's too well-guarded. Try Bürheim, a little bit west of Althafen. They will NOT expect that.
>.>
<.<

That information would've been a little bit more useful had you told me it earlier. The only cities in Rhuvanland I know of are Althafen, the capital, and wherever that airbase where Amelia was briefly held was, unless that was the capital. Can I retcon or is that verboten here?

I think I've said before that my opinion concerning pretty much any aspect of war RP is that it should further the story first; unless something is patently ridiculous or entirely overused its mere existence is not something worth being especially concerned about.

I think that Yeraennus has adequately demonstrated that his nation has a focus on the military that, at times, is to the detriment of other aspects of social policy. In conjunction with this, railguns are sufficiently close to deployment IRL that I feel comfortable allowing them.

Yeraennus:
Syrixia:
Yeraennus:

>.>
<.<

That information would've been a little bit more useful had you told me it earlier. The only cities in Rhuvanland I know of are Althafen, the capital, and wherever that airbase where Amelia was briefly held was, unless that was the capital. Can I retcon or is that verboten here?
No, don't bother retconning. Strategical errors are good for the story. A retreat will give the Rhuvish a false sense of security and then BOOM, Bürheim falls.

@Myroria- Thanks for getting that cleared up. Congrats on being a new RP Mod. :hug:

Agreed, thanks a bunch for getting that out of the way, Myro.

YNF, Rhuvish Division shall be en route to Bürheim as soon as I finish this Princess Amelia post.

Xentherida:
Nightsong:
Aww. I need help in stopping Naizerre from starting a new theatre in this war without the use of military. I'm writing another harsh letter to them, but I somewhat think that's not enough...

Capital idea... Harsh letters always fix the problems of the world...

Nightsong:
Xentherida:
Nightsong:

Of course! The UN is perfectly effective in it's job, and look at how many harshly worded letters it sends! This system must work!

Yeraennus:
Nightsong:
Xentherida:
Nightsong:

Of course! The UN is perfectly effective in it's job, and look at how many harshly worded letters it sends! This system must work!
He's joking. It's a joke. :headbang:

Yeraennus:
The lead commander of the YNF Seraq, the third largest warship in the Yeraenn navy, called the other captains as their ships were beleaguered by the U-boats of the Rhuvish, "Order a tactical retreat. We're moving westward, towards the city Bürheim. Replace Railgun rails if you can manage to do so, let them think they've won. We cannot afford to take Althafen right now. We've done enough damage to scare them. This other city shall be far easier once the Nazos are on guard here."

As if by one, the fleet turned, moving southward, seemingly retreating from the Rhuvish despite the relatively little damage inflicted on them. Once out of sight, they turned westwards, angling towards Bürheim, like some metal hurricane powered by vengeance. On the Typhoons, sailors worked as efficiently as possible, partially dismantling the railguns to remove and replace the extremely eroded conducting rails. The city was to fall, and it would not fall gently.

Aboard another one of the ships, the one the Rhuvish U-boats hadn't spotted, the sailors were discussing the weapon as they dismantled it. Corporal Ath S'amae commented to another sailor near him as he removed the reinforcements holding the rails in place, "You know, I've heard that getting hit with these guns is like having two and a tenth tons of TNT strike you at once. I cannot imagine the devastation it would wreak on a city. I can only hope that no citizens will be struck by this thing. Ow! These damn rails are still hot? Impressive!"* Ath exclaimed, as he pulled his hand away from the light brush of the rail, still steaming from touching the ocean air and the cooling system in place on the bars. The other sailor silently nodded, only chuckling at Ath's plight.

*(translated to facilitate reading)

a) You don't disappear on the sonar once you retreat,
b) The problem with railguns as we now have them is that the rail material melts, meaning that guy would have gotten his hands burned clean off; the heat and friction simply erodes the railgun and limits railgun life,
c) Power supply is a huge issue and railguns would leave the ships with little power for anything else,
d) It's ridiculous to say there is 'relatively light damage' when your ships haven't even responded to Rhuvish attacks at all. You have not mentioned that your ships have any anti-submarine countermeasures whatsoever.

Syrixia, please do not quote posts in the RP thread, if there is confusion to what you are referencing simply put, [[RE: Ameria's letter]]

Kannex:
a) You don't disappear on the sonar once you retreat,
b) The problem with railguns as we now have them is that the rail material melts, meaning that guy would have gotten his hands burned clean off; the heat and friction simply erodes the railgun and limits railgun life,
c) Power supply is a huge issue and railguns would leave the ships with little power for anything else,
d) It's ridiculous to say there is 'relatively light damage' when your ships haven't even responded to Rhuvish attacks at all. You have not mentioned that your ships have any anti-submarine countermeasures whatsoever.
I'm aware. a) I said they headed Southwards. The Rhuvish would likely not follow them, seeing it as a victory. They moved out of range of the sonar. Was that not clear? b) The rail material had melted, albeit not completely. However, the cooling systems and the exposure to air would rapidly drop the temperature. *shrugs* c) Power Supply is a huge issue, even with the use of nuclear power, which is the other reason only two shots were used. These ships were also the second largest class outside the flagships of the navy, so they have quite a bit of power, by the way. d) "Typhoon class warships would not be sunk by a single torpedo, not even a northern hurricane would bring them under easily. The second volley ripped off, and was in the same recoil that the warships began their turn on the assaulting Rhuvish, like wolves among brave sheep. From the southwest, away from the Typhoons, fast moving underwater projectiles pinged on Rhuvish sonar, indicating a larger fleet just beyond detection of the U-boats. Two minutes later, the U-boats would find themselves routed, and Althafen would find itself razed by bolts of destruction from the horizon." Didn't respond my arse.

This is not a World War - even still only a handful of nations are involved. Only one nation from the Novrith Pact is militarily involved. Other nations have mostly just voiced support. The comparison to WWII should not continue IMO.

a) I said they headed Southwards. The Rhuvish would likely not follow them, seeing it as a victory. They moved out of range of the sonar. Was that not clear?

No, the Rhuvish will follow them. The ships' positions are known; they won't be hard to track from now on.

b) The rail material had melted, albeit not completely. However, the cooling systems and the exposure to air would rapidly drop the temperature. *shrugs*

Of course not into lava, but your railguns will be disabled.

c) Power Supply is a huge issue, even with the use of nuclear power, which is the other reason only two shots were used. These ships were also the second largest class outside the flagships of the navy, so they have quite a bit of power, by the way.

With exception of the Zumwalt destroyer currently in development, no US Navy warship generates enough electricity to allow for railguns to be functional. The only way is to outfit your existing destroyers with a system to support the railgun, which would just about remove your other weaponry. Not much defenses; glass cannon.

d) "Typhoon class warships would not be sunk by a single torpedo, not even a northern hurricane would bring them under easily. The second volley ripped off, and was in the same recoil that the warships began their turn on the assaulting Rhuvish, like wolves among brave sheep. From the southwest, away from the Typhoons, fast moving underwater projectiles pinged on Rhuvish sonar, indicating a larger fleet just beyond detection of the U-boats. Two minutes later, the U-boats would find themselves routed, and Althafen would find itself razed by bolts of destruction from the horizon." Didn't respond my arse.

So basically, your ships took direct hits. No countermeasures.

plembobria:
Syrixia, please do not quote posts in the RP thread, if there is confusion to what you are referencing simply put, [[RE: Ameria's letter]]
Understood! :yes:

Been binge watching all the Family Guy chicken fights and I had an idea. What if we ended the RP off with a duel?

Kannex:
No, the Rhuvish will follow them. The ships' positions are known; they won't be hard to track from now on.

Of course not into lava, but your railguns will be disabled.

With exception of the Zumwalt destroyer currently in development, no US Navy warship generates enough electricity to allow for railguns to be functional. The only way is to outfit your existing destroyers with a system to support the railgun, which would just about remove your other weaponry. Not much defenses; glass cannon.

So basically, your ships took direct hits. No countermeasures.
Anyone else want to explain how following an enemy with superior technology further out to sea (remember, you're already at 110 miles. Unless you want to tell me I'm not, in fact, in control of my navy) with a large section of your force is a bad idea? Or just take them from behind because they're tactically idiotic. That works.

I know the limits of Railguns. I know how they erode. I stated they were dismantling them to replace the rails. I'm beginning to think you object without reading my posts.

See above. It's getting bothersome now. And to boot, Yeraennus is a technologically advanced militaristic nation with an emphasis on naval superiority. The Typhoons are an extremely large and high-powered ships, more than just destroyers. The only warships larger than them are the flagships. Which also have Railguns.

Direct hits to the most heavily armored and best defended main class of ships, to be exact. Also, what part of "fast moving underwater projectiles" does not say torpedo? Rhuvish ships would've gotten just as screwed up as any Yeraenn ship you managed to damage. Unless your navy is magically a nuclear technologically advanced fleet with trained personnel that's also larger than my own, then you would've lost a full on encounter.

To be blunt, quit your bullcrap.

Back